Sports Interactive Community

Anyone any ideas how I can make this better? Without the obvious buying a new laptop option! It’s so slow even with a small database! 

image.jpg

have you tried playing? What is playable to some is not to others and vice versa. in game lowest graphic setting, low number of leagues

That said you may want to send a letter to Father Xmas regarding your laptop ;)

Mine is nearly always at 1 or 1.5 stars - happy at the game speed.

I believe, and I could be wrong here, but as I understand it, it gives you that indication based on processor load at the time - so if you have a lot of stuff running in background it might affect it.

Otherwise, yeah, it's an indication that your processor will struggle with processing the database, and with a small DB of only 8,000 players I think it could be quite painful.

Mine shows half a star and it runs fine with all leagues full detail and 3d at max. I sugget just try it and see how it feels.

I don't know if its because I have been using the default skins on FM19 compared to the larger ones from FM18, but it seems like processing times are quite fast this year.  I have 11 leagues (I think) on playable with 2 stars and processing doesn't seem to last more than 20-30 seconds.

Thanks for the replies folks. I use it as it is with 1 star but back in the day I used to have it with a lot more players available and leagues running, as for the specs of the processor and the RAM etc, I haven’t got a clue, I’m not that tech savy, any ideas how I find out about processor and stuff, and without needing to buy a new laptop can it be made better, I’m useless basically 😂

5 hours ago, Terrythepin said:

Thanks for the replies folks. I use it as it is with 1 star but back in the day I used to have it with a lot more players available and leagues running, as for the specs of the processor and the RAM etc, I haven’t got a clue, I’m not that tech savy, any ideas how I find out about processor and stuff, and without needing to buy a new laptop can it be made better, I’m useless basically 😂

If you follow the instructions in the link, and post the DXDiag text file as an attachment here, we can tell you what the specs are and if they're good enough for FM.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4028644/windows-open-and-run-dxdiagexe