FM 19 Dark Side of the Moon 451 4411,4231 and Stargazing 4231 442 Knap

Anyone else noticing the tactics having much less effectiveness in Away Matches? Outshooting the opposition, but will always concede against run of play and either draw/lose many away fixtures. Any tips/ideas to try and play better in away fixtures? Using BEOWULF and STARGAZING currently, getting great results still, just looking for away tactic advice.

As always, thanks for the tactics and hard work!

Il 24/12/2018 in 01:17 , Chief Scout ha scritto:

DARKSIDE 4411. Next game beat Everton 1-2 away, with 10 men from 8th min!

Might be surprising to some, but I actually removed DLP when down to 10 men, playing with same att. mentality.

Last 5 minutes I went SUS + dropping AM to DLP.

And look at those chances even with 10 men.

Everton v Oxford City_ Match Review.png

What you mean with  I went SUS ?

There is specific tactic or just changing the settings?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, reading through a variety of your threads to try to catch up and develop a bit of understanding. I had some middling success with my own tactics as Millwall in the Championship (predicted finish of 21st but finished 8th), but have just experimented with your Beowulf 442 P05 tactic and really liked the way my team played (kind of what I had in mind when I set up my tactic but I was way too conservative). I do have some queries though if you have the time.

1.       What do all the names signify or are they just random names? So far I have seen all these: Time, Midsomer, Blue Matter, Pilgrimage, Beowulf, Argus, Warpigs, Dynamic Diamond, Goodbye, Deep Sicilian Defence, MM Volante, Dark Side of the Moon, Stargazing, Route 66. (If there is an answer/FAQ for this somewhere please accept my apologies but I couldn't find it).

2.       You posted this on one of your threads and I wondered if you could elaborate?

On 05/11/2018 at 15:31, knap said:

Ideally I would have the following tactic strategy

Get a goal

Home tactic

Away tactic

Plan B 

Plan C

SUS

4231 may be a little too open for Away games, so I would perhaps use MIDSOMER for Away games and Volante for difficult games

Do you go for a home and away tactic and a SUS and then have some in game changes in mind (plan B and plan C, mentality changes?) if things don’t go to plan?

3.       I am thinking of starting a Millwall save again and possibly going for 424 or 442 Beowulf home/favourites tactic and the 4222 DM Volante as an away/underdogs tactic.  Does this sound like a good place to start (pre-season for trying them out too).

Thanks very much for any assistance you can give this old dog trying to learn new tricks and keep up the good work – the effort you put in for this community is epic.

Tactic names mostly random ROUTE 66 is so called because of very direct passing but GOODBYE is a reference to Cream.

I am more P&P so seldom change but for example

Get a Goal BEOWULF 424

Home Tactic BEOWULF 4231

AWAY Tactic SICILIAN DEFENCE or VOLANTE

PLAN B BEOWULF 442

PLAN C Brendon Rogers Dynamic Diamond

SUS is a tweak of tactic being used but SICILIAN DEFENCE on Defensive mentality with time wasting and no nonsense FBs.

Also the posts of Optimal Prime may be worth a read, as to making changes and when.

• 3 months later...

Archived