Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Weiry

[FM19] [WIP] Australian Football Database

Recommended Posts

Something that helps a little and isn't too time consuming, every player without an age given (as they are most likely under 19) should be on a youth contract, this keeps them young and on cheap wages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SweetDee69 said:

Something that helps a little and isn't too time consuming, every player without an age given (as they are most likely under 19) should be on a youth contract, this keeps them young and on cheap wages.

Yes will do that, and will also add all the correct ages by the time the official version is ready. 

Still the issue with the minimum wage seeming to be 700 for part time contracts. I don't want to make everyone non contract as I'd like players to stick to one club each season (like in real life)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Weiry said:

Yes will do that, and will also add all the correct ages by the time the official version is ready. 

Still the issue with the minimum wage seeming to be 700 for part time contracts. I don't want to make everyone non contract as I'd like players to stick to one club each season (like in real life)

I assume it's based on club rep, dropping it would just kill any chance of signing non-australians so a no go.

 

I'll take a look around, surely there's a way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Club rep should be right and I don't want to particularly drop it as with a database as big as this and with so many clubs there should be a big difference from the top to bottom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if fiddling with the remaining wage budget will sort the clubs losing money problem and maybe putting a maximum wage allowed (for lower level teams at least) could work. Could play around with contract types as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think I'll go down the route of giving each player a set wage. I'm guessing 700 is just the default as every player in NPL1 is on 700+. Will also make all the 20s and 18s players Amateur like in real life. 

Will test with one club and if it works with them then I'll do it with all of them. 

Fingers crossed this will work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe the weekly wage values in the Australian Nation tab?

 

They're set to around 806$ for NPL rep level players.

 

Not sure how if this is the issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im fairly confident that 99% of players who are div 4 and below are on non-contract appearance fee only deals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Samaroy said:

Im fairly confident that 99% of players who are div 4 and below are on non-contract appearance fee only deals

Yes this is correct and even most NPL players are on appearance basis. But I don't think it's very realistic having players move all over the place which will most likely happen if I set it to non contract. I can always try and give it a go though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont think this will occur - best ones will move upwards (somewhat accurate) but because there is little to no scouting then there will be very little movement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think at Tier 1 NPL would be best to have everyone on contracts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In version you gave me season 2 never starts as well - dont know if youve fixed this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Samaroy said:

In version you gave me season 2 never starts as well - dont know if youve fixed this

That's strange as the test worked fine up until 2025 when I stopped simming. Are all the leagues broken or just yours?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Weiry said:

That's strange as the test worked fine up until 2025 when I stopped simming. Are all the leagues broken or just yours?

All

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Samaroy said:

All

Are you running any other databases along side this one? If you are I think that is probably the issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Samaroy said:

yep running a couple - why do they ruin the league structure?

I'm not an expert but as far as I understand there probably is conflicts with the database IDs and changes etc. I'll give it another holiday during the Australia game tonight and see if it goes past the first season (If it doesn't then I have no idea as I haven't changed any rules where before I could make it to 7th season)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Samaroy I holidayed and the second season does generate (I took charge of Knox City to make sure it wasn't a level issue too) It must be another database you're using sorry mate.

Also it seems the staff wages is the main issue for our financial problem. I also fixed up the weekly wage values as @SweetDee69 suggested and it should be more realistic now. Now I need to figure out how to fix the staff wages and then the finances shouldn't be an issue hopefully. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a couple of sims where the 2019 season didn't load, but others where it has loaded. Possibly may depend on your start date?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Saxonaitor said:

I had a couple of sims where the 2019 season didn't load, but others where it has loaded. Possibly may depend on your start date?

 

I'd suggest either the 2018 Season Start (Which is actually 2019) or the 2018 Pre-Season Start. Simmed both of them without any issues. The other two are the default so probably caused issues when I changed the update day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate to ask but, any ETA on the next one? Been enjoying the unfinished one but the financial issues drag a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, SweetDee69 said:

Hate to ask but, any ETA on the next one? Been enjoying the unfinished one but the financial issues drag a bit.

Will be out either saturday night or sunday morning :) 

After that I'll add more leagues and players in for the next version

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Legend, since I'm new to the editor, is it easy to import databases from game to game or would this have to be redone next season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SweetDee69 said:

Legend, since I'm new to the editor, is it easy to import databases from game to game or would this have to be redone next season?

Importing is a bit hit and miss with the editor and there are some things I'll have to redo for sure. I'm hoping that the players, stadiums etc carry over as they take up most of the time. I'll be updating this file throughout the year with additions and season updates. Hopefully in FM20 it won't take as long as it is taking now - this is the first year of a (hopefully) continuos project :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Weiry said:

Importing is a bit hit and miss with the editor and there are some things I'll have to redo for sure. I'm hoping that the players, stadiums etc carry over as they take up most of the time. I'll be updating this file throughout the year with additions and season updates. Hopefully in FM20 it won't take as long as it is taking now - this is the first year of a (hopefully) continuos project :) 

Yep, will be happy to start drafting up some of the NPL transfers if needed, thinking ahead. :brock:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, SweetDee69 said:

Yep, will be happy to start drafting up some of the NPL transfers if needed, thinking ahead. :brock:

Yeah sure that would be a good help thanks :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waheeey. Looks good weiry. Just started and taken control of Adelaide Cobras. Hopefully we'll be back in the NPL before long.

 

One thing though, is it workable for sides below the A-League to have reserves and u18 competitions as well? There's a lot of players in some youth sides

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nfac38 said:

Waheeey. Looks good weiry. Just started and taken control of Adelaide Cobras. Hopefully we'll be back in the NPL before long.

 

One thing though, is it workable for sides below the A-League to have reserves and u18 competitions as well? There's a lot of players in some youth sides

I was having trouble with incorporating 20s and 18s while still keeping the NYL in the game so right now it is just the youths. It isn’t ideal but hopefully in the next version it will be fixed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, PoorMansLascelles said:

Just wondering if the fantasy pro-rel/expansion is possible and or happening. The lower league database is great and in depth must've taken hundreds of hours to make.

I do have a pro/rel pyramid coming based on this but it wont have any expansion teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PoorMansLascelles said:

Just wondering if the fantasy pro-rel/expansion is possible and or happening. The lower league database is great and in depth must've taken hundreds of hours to make.

Yes the fantasy pyramid will be coming later in the year. Will probably do two more versions of the real Pyramid - the one I’m working on now then a full 2019 update

39 minutes ago, SweetDee69 said:

I do have a pro/rel pyramid coming based on this but it wont have any expansion teams.

Definitely keen to check this out when it is released :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, I got davie77 to help with the expansion for me (Western Melbourne 2019-2020, Macarthur South West United, 2020-2021) see below:

SWWM.fmf

All he done was the registration dates for the new expansion teams (You can ask him about that because I have no clue on how he did it), I done the info for the teams. All I did was:

 - Reputation - 5000 for both teams

 - Mile Jedinak joins Macarthur when they join the league

 - Scott Brown joins Western Melbourne when they join the league

 - filled out names (as of 26 of Jan), used colour scheme from there logos (Macarthur's official and Western Melbourne unofficial by avox_designs on Instagram), added there stadiums and gave them $3,000,000 in transfer budget.

The new teams tend to always sign A-League quality teams before there entrance into the A-League.

Of course you are welcome to change anything.

For logos, I found that the megapack over at fmscout has the all the Australian team logos apart from:

 - Canterbury Bankstown FC, Weston Molonglo FC, Vikings FC Alice Springs, Southern Tablelands United, Somerville Eagles, Narrabundah FC, Mount Barker United, Gympie United, Glenroy Lions, Canberra White Eagles, Brisbane Athletic, Brindabella United, BITS FC, Belwest, Belnorth, Belsouth FC and Baxter SC.

Can't wait to try out V1.0!

Edited by Boofhead54

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boofhead54 said:

Hey, I got davie77 to help with the expansion for me (Western Melbourne 2019-2020, Macarthur South West United, 2020-2021) see below:

SWWM.fmf

All he done was the registration dates for the new expansion teams (You can ask him about that because I have no clue on how he did it), I done the info for the teams. All I did was:

 - Reputation - 5000 for both teams

 - Mile Jedinak joins Macarthur when they join the league

 - Scott Brown joins Western Melbourne when they join the league

 - filled out names (as of 26 of Jan), used colour scheme from there logos (Macarthur's official and Western Melbourne unofficial by avox_designs on Instagram), added there stadiums and gave them $3,000,000 in transfer budget.

The new teams tend to always sign A-League quality teams before there entrance into the A-League.

Of course you are welcome to change anything.

For logos, I found that the megapack over at fmscout has the all the Australian team logos apart from:

 - Canterbury Bankstown FC, Weston Molonglo FC, Vikings FC Alice Springs, Southern Tablelands United, Somerville Eagles, Narrabundah FC, Mount Barker United, Gympie United, Glenroy Lions, Canberra White Eagles, Brisbane Athletic, Brindabella United, BITS FC, Belwest, Belnorth, Belsouth FC and Baxter SC.

Can't wait to try out V1.0!

5000 seems very high

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, prot651 said:

5000 seems very high

for comparison, Melbourne City, Melb Victory, Sydney and Wanderers have 5500 reputation; Adelaide and Brisbane have 5250; Perth have 5300; Jets 5100; Mariners and Phoenix 4900 and 4800 respectively. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Boofhead54 said:

For logos, I found that the megapack over at fmscout has the all the Australian team logos apart from:

 - Canterbury Bankstown FC, Weston Molonglo FC, Vikings FC Alice Springs, Southern Tablelands United, Somerville Eagles, Narrabundah FC, Mount Barker United, Gympie United, Glenroy Lions, Canberra White Eagles, Brisbane Athletic, Brindabella United, BITS FC, Belwest, Belnorth, Belsouth FC and Baxter SC.

Yes I’m getting a logo pack organised that has all these teams as well as clubs that aren’t in the original database. Think I’ve got around 800 logos so far 

will take a look at your database in the next day or two :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stumbling  a bit with mine as it seems the salary cap is hard-coded into the top division. Is there anyway to fix this? Should I attempt a remake of just the top division or will it still dump the cap on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SweetDee69 said:

Stumbling  a bit with mine as it seems the salary cap is hard-coded into the top division. Is there anyway to fix this? Should I attempt a remake of just the top division or will it still dump the cap on?

From previous experience you should be able to remove it using advanced rules but if not then it should be removed if you start from scratch 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Weiry said:

From previous experience you should be able to remove it using advanced rules but if not then it should be removed if you start from scratch 

Have attempted, removed all traces and it still pops up, only this time it's an insanely small number which means all aleague clubs just loan their players everywhere.

 

Starting from scratch will be a pain but I have the groundworks down at least, frustrating australia!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 15:37, Boofhead54 said:

for comparison, Melbourne City, Melb Victory, Sydney and Wanderers have 5500 reputation; Adelaide and Brisbane have 5250; Perth have 5300; Jets 5100; Mariners and Phoenix 4900 and 4800 respectively. 

So 4500 might bemore realistic 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy to see that someone got cracking with the major problems Aussie footy have had in this game. Not only on lower divisions but much much worse on how many players had no birthdates and no positions. I do hope you found correct info on this and will happy try out this after I bought the game. Still stuck and wanted to finish an older version with my own limited fix of birthdates and who plays were.

It was very sad to see how bad it all was when I started to edit.

Knowing that, I'm confident you have done a massive work. Thanks even before I have a serious look. Finally one might be able to play on this continent with more realistic results.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next update could you try and add amateur contracts to lower league sides, I find it strange that A-League sides can have players on them but NPL clubs can't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BlakeL said:

Next update could you try and add amateur contracts to lower league sides, I find it strange that A-League sides can have players on them but NPL clubs can't.

I'll look into it as this shouldn't be happening. Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have decided to go in a bit of a different direction, I'll be working on the pro/rel pyramid from now on and will do a 2019 FULL real pyramid later in the year. I don't see much point in continually adding to the 2018 structure and a fantasy pyramid will be a lot more fun to create and play :) 

Will still be expanding on the player database though.

Edited by Weiry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, anitamui said:

why the NPL had the PS4 name on it?

In real life Playstation are the sponsors for the NPL competitions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...