[FM19] [WIP] Australian Football Database

Flag_of_Australia.svgFootball_Federation_Logo,_2018.png

After a year break, I have decided to return to the FM Editor and will be creating an Australian Football Database. I am going to try and get this realistic as possible to reflect the real life Australian Football Structure. I'm not sure at this point how far down I'll go in the pyramid but I'm aiming for at least down to the 8th tier.

This database will include - All correct club details for every club in the Australian Pyramid, correct player details and realistic ratings, A kits and logo pack, Correct club, competition and player histories as well as much much more.

This will be a massive project and a lot of hard work will go into this so if anyone would like to help with the project in anyway feel to give me a message on here. 

In the future I'll also be doing a full fantasy promotion/relegation pyramid. This will be coming after the release of this project.

Download Area

v0.1 Database (NPL1 Competitions Playable) - https://www.mediafire.com/file/6c6066kn3350sct/Australian+NPL+Database.fmf

Kits -

Logos -

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love this, I think you will have a lot more to go by with the fantasy database with all the expansion talk that has been going on. I will definitely be making a HAL save this year using one of your databases.

Happy to help with anything in regards to NPL SA you may need help with!

7 hours ago, prot651 said:

Hey is there a list of what Australian Clubs are worth

Not sure mate, you'll have to do that research :thup:

I'm looking for people who are interested or wouldn't mind adding league history/club history/players to the database while I work on the actual pyramid. This'll decrease my workload and overall make the release of the file quicker and the depth of it a whole lot deeper. I can provide all information needed it's just essentially copying this information into the editor and sending it back to me. 

32 minutes ago, niceman14 said:

General question

If I understand well, we can prepare FM19 database from FM18 Editor ?

For the USA, there is also a lot of work.

It is what you're doing for Australia, no ?

I'd say like in previous years yes you can start in the current editor but I'll be waiting for the FM19 Editor to release. I've been doing a lot of research/getting links so when the new editor releases I'll be able to get the pyramid done reasonably quickly.

The Australian database in FM is relatively minimal (The 2nd tier NPL is a bit of a mess with incorrect clubs and outdated squads and as you'd imagine the smaller clubs would be even worse) so it'll be a lot of work. But nothing that I'm not prepared for :) 

With the editor being released today I've finally been able to start working on the database :D 

No estimated release date set yet. But I might release a file in the next day or two that allows the 2nd tier to be playable. 

56 minutes ago, Weiry said:

With the editor being released today I've finally been able to start working on the database :D 

No estimated release date set yet. But I might release a file in the next day or two that allows the 2nd tier to be playable. 

Sup buddy, I've also had a crack at recreating realistic expansion, and this year the rules copy over except for new Zealand's special rule and other small details. Also make a npl Victoria with 100 % realism by copying the A league finals idea and recreating that for npl Victoria finals so you will have linked histories of league and finals winners. The only snag I've hit is getting around the season end date since it's bang on in the middle of npl. Tried creating a separate season start and end date but no luck. I'll try and help you out as well, then it's to the J league xD

12 hours ago, Weiry said:

Yes please. I've made some leagues down to the sixth tier of New Zealand for my own save. The 2nd tier of Australia would be a natural stepping stone for my management career once I'm finished in NZ. It seems a bit too much of a jump to go from NZ directly to the A-League. 

3 hours ago, DementedHammer said:

Yes please. I've made some leagues down to the sixth tier of New Zealand for my own save. The 2nd tier of Australia would be a natural stepping stone for my management career once I'm finished in NZ. It seems a bit too much of a jump to go from NZ directly to the A-League. 

Would love a copy of your nz file :)

28 minutes ago, DementedHammer said:

I'll be happy to upload it once it's ready. It's not 100% true to life though. I've made a few tweaks for playability, such as aligning the start dates rather than having a summer and winter season. 

awesome. cant wait :)

How far down the leagues have you gone in the South Island?

39 minutes ago, timmarkcorcoran said:

awesome. cant wait :)

How far down the leagues have you gone in the South Island?

It depends on the region. But, on average, a couple of divisions per region at this point. I've mainly been focused on the northern regions of the North Island. As, that is the region that I live in, and where the team that I will be managing resides.

Tell you what. I will make another forum topic to discuss the NZ leagues. I don't want the NZ discussion to take away from the great work that Weiry  is discussing in this thread.

15 minutes ago, DementedHammer said:

Tell you what. I will make another forum topic to discuss the NZ leagues.

Yes please do. I pray for the day when Si will care and add the NZ Premiership.

Able to create the NPL competitions with the finals for each of the states. trying to create the NPL finals but the editor doesn't seem to like me :( so ill move to creating the NYL and the NPL2 competitions if someone could do the finals i would be happy! 

Australia.fmf

18 minutes ago, Azami_Nene said:

Able to create the NPL competitions with the finals for each of the states. trying to create the NPL finals but the editor doesn't seem to like me :( so ill move to creating the NYL and the NPL2 competitions if someone could do the finals i would be happy! 

Australia.fmf

Hey mate I'm also having trouble with the NPL Finals Series the wrong clubs are being selected... If you want to collaborate on the project feel free to give me a PM as it looks like we're pretty much doing the same thing haha

Edit: Just had a quick look and see that the NPL leagues run through Oct to May. In my file I've got it so they run from Feb to Sep like in real life. I'll upload my file tomorrow :) 

54 minutes ago, Weiry said:

Hey mate I'm also having trouble with the NPL Finals Series the wrong clubs are being selected... If you want to collaborate on the project feel free to give me a PM as it looks like we're pretty much doing the same thing haha

Edit: Just had a quick look and see that the NPL leagues run through Oct to May. In my file I've got it so they run from Feb to Sep like in real life. I'll upload my file tomorrow :) 

yeah i'm having issues cause the A-League runs october to may and it doesn't like the NPL season running though the season end day which is hard coded on 30th May if you want to keep the current A-League rules

OK so two things stopping me from releasing the first very vanilla version of this project:

1. The NPL Victoria Finals are not played - this is very strange as all the other states work fine and I don't see any errors I've made within the editor.

2. Season 2019 runs perfectly but then there is no schedule being generated for the 2020 season. 2021 season fixtures are generated instead (So a whole year is skipped....)

If anyone has any ideas/solutions to these issues I'd be very appreciative. Didn't think I'd be hindered at Level 2 when starting this project :( 

9 hours ago, Weiry said:

OK so two things stopping me from releasing the first very vanilla version of this project:

1. The NPL Victoria Finals are not played - this is very strange as all the other states work fine and I don't see any errors I've made within the editor.

2. Season 2019 runs perfectly but then there is no schedule being generated for the 2020 season. 2021 season fixtures are generated instead (So a whole year is skipped....)

If anyone has any ideas/solutions to these issues I'd be very appreciative. Didn't think I'd be hindered at Level 2 when starting this project :( 

I know this might be a small drag, but have you tried using my uploaded file and just change the start and end dates and the dates for the state finals. Does that work? 

First issue has been fixed :)

But the second issue regarding fixtures not being generated in the second season is still present :(. I'll play around with the start/end dates but if anybody has any other suggestions please let me know.. I really want to get this version out tonight 

FM19 Australia Football Database v0.1

The v0.1 makes the Australian NPL (2nd tier) playable. This is for players who are wanting to start their managerial career in the NPL but may only want to spend a season or two before moving onto bigger and better things. If you are wanting to do a long term save in the NPL/Australian Lower Leagues I suggest waiting for future updates.

What Does This File Contain?

All NPL1 Competitions Playable (NPL Capital Football, NPL New South Wales, NPL Northern New South Wales, NPL Queensland, NPL South Australia, NPL Tasmania, NPL Victoria, NPL Western Australia)

Correct clubs and finals structure from the 2018 NPL season

NPL runs from February to August (Only way for file to work realistically was to push the the end month forward 1 month)

A League runs from October to May

Notes

Holidayed to the end of 2024 season all works perfectly

This is a vanilla version of the project - I’ve made no changes to the clubs except for giving all of them semi-pro status. The rest is the default FM database.

There is no NPL Finals Series included in this database. This competition will hopefully be added in the next update.

Tips

If you are wanting to start in NPL. I suggest selecting the “Early Pre-Season (26/11/2018)” option on the setup screen

Add Players to Playable Teams

Next Version/Update

All NPL1 clubs will have full playing squads and added staff (from 2018 season)

Added League Histories for NPL1 competitions

Updated Kit Details and Reputation Changes for NPL1 clubs

NPL Finals Series Added

Level 3 will be playable

Download -------> https://www.mediafire.com/file/6c6066kn3350sct/Australian+NPL+Database.fmf

13 minutes ago, Lucas_26_7 said:

Great stuff! Tempted to start my save now but might wait a bit longer. What help did you need with the database?

Help with the database is stuff like adding league histories, club histories, player histories into the editor. Small details but it'll make the database a lot more real and in-depth.

I'm also interested in reading recommendations of club reputations, player abilities etc in certain competitions as in some States my knowledge is not great/would be good to hear from a local

If anyone's interested in helping with the database. Feel free to give me a PM.

15 minutes ago, Weiry said:

Help with the database is stuff like adding league histories, club histories, player histories into the editor. Small details but it'll make the database a lot more real and in-depth.

I'm also interested in reading recommendations of club reputations, player abilities etc in certain competitions as in some States my knowledge is not great/would be good to hear from a local

If anyone's interested in helping with the database. Feel free to give me a PM.

I'm from SA so can do a lot of that sort of stuff from SA NPL to State League 2, I am just completing my last university assignment today so I will send you a PM later this afternoon once I am done.

Also will the database be focusing on correct as of the beginning of the 2018 season or being correct as of the beginning of the 2019 season?

1 hour ago, Lucas_26_7 said:

I'm from SA so can do a lot of that sort of stuff from SA NPL to State League 2, I am just completing my last university assignment today so I will send you a PM later this afternoon once I am done.

Also will the database be focusing on correct as of the beginning of the 2018 season or being correct as of the beginning of the 2019 season?

Ok that's good mate. Thanks 

It is based off 2018 season structure and clubs (squads etc.) But in game it starts in 2019. I'll probably do a massive update when the season starts next year with new structure and players etc. 

4 hours ago, Lucas_26_7 said:

Great stuff! Tempted to start my save now but might wait a bit longer. What help did you need with the database?

I can do the Victorian competitions! Is it set up so you have the histories of the league and finals winners? I know how to do that. Also I know how to set up for the finals a little better than the way it is done so the correct teams will play with 1 and 2 not playing the first match. 

1 hour ago, AzamiNene said:

I can do the Victorian competitions! Is it set up so you have the histories of the league and finals winners? I know how to do that. Also I know how to set up for the finals a little better than the way it is done so the correct teams will play with 1 and 2 not playing the first match. 

1 hour ago, Azami_Nene said:

forgot to mention. I can handle reputation and some player stats (don't know how to do it though) as I am a referee for SL5,4,2 and U20 NPL) in Victoria and SL West

At the moment it is not set up for different league/finals winners but maybe in the future I'll sort it out. This is only a very early version of the file. So at the moment only league winners are displayed. What do you mean "correct teams will play with 1 and 2 not playing the first match"?

Send me a PM if you can help out with the database in anyway :) 

5 minutes ago, Lucas_26_7 said:

Something I have noticed with the database, contracts expire in May, meaning that they expire mid season which makes it a bit awkward.

Thanks was unaware of this as I hadn't even looked at players/clubs yet. This should all be fixed in the next update :) 

I am doing a test save and did a create a club and replaced Sturt Lions but kept their finances, I am finding that the clubs are just leaking money big time to the point where I am 4 months in and 150k (and thats in pounds) in the red despite not buying anybody and everybody being non contract and a few players actually leaving.

Another thing to note, at the moment Adelaide United's NPL team play their games at 'Unknown Stadium' in real life, they play most of their games at 'Smith Partners Stadium' (artificial pitch that is also the home of Modbury Jets in SL1 and Modbury Vista in SL2).

Also Adelaide Olympic are listed as playing at Thebarton Oval but in real life they play at another artifical ground 'The Parks'.

I am currently compiling squad lists for all the teams in all three leagues.

2 hours ago, Lucas_26_7 said:

I am doing a test save and did a create a club and replaced Sturt Lions but kept their finances, I am finding that the clubs are just leaking money big time to the point where I am 4 months in and 150k (and thats in pounds) in the red despite not buying anybody and everybody being non contract and a few players actually leaving.

Thanks, I'm not sure how this will get fixed while keeping it realistic but I'll do my best :) 

2 hours ago, Lucas_26_7 said:

Also some of the CA's of A-League players are ridiculously out of whack this year (Ryan Strain is an average NPL player despite starting in the HAL every week and Elsey is NPL quality despite being one of the best defenders in the HAL).

Yes this is a big issue with FM this year, originally I was just going to do the Lower League players stats and keep the A League players the same. But seeing that NPL players might even get rated higher I'll have to sort out A League squads too

1 hour ago, Lucas_26_7 said:

Another thing to note, at the moment Adelaide United's NPL team play their games at 'Unknown Stadium' in real life, they play most of their games at 'Smith Partners Stadium' (artificial pitch that is also the home of Modbury Jets in SL1 and Modbury Vista in SL2).

Also Adelaide Olympic are listed as playing at Thebarton Oval but in real life they play at another artifical ground 'The Parks'.

I am currently compiling squad lists for all the teams in all three leagues.

Ok thanks for those details. I'm currently working on the leagues by alphabetical (Capital Football is nearly 100% complete). 

1 hour ago, Weiry said:

Thanks, I'm not sure how this will get fixed while keeping it realistic but I'll do my best :) 

Yes this is a big issue with FM this year, originally I was just going to do the Lower League players stats and keep the A League players the same. But seeing that NPL players might even get rated higher I'll have to sort out A League squads too

Ok thanks for those details. I'm currently working on the leagues by alphabetical (Capital Football is nearly 100% complete). 

Realised that first issue might just be cause the CA's of my created players are higher than what they should be. I will test it with the regular database and see if it works. I have also sent you the squad lists and some minor details for each NPL team.

1 hour ago, BlakeL said:

Are you planning on adding the state cups (such as the Waratah Cup)?

Yes all state cups will come in a future update. 

Right now Im adding all players to NPL1 clubs (Big job have got 2/8 states done so far) 

Steady progress with this, 3/8 NPL competitions done with players now. Still a long way to go (62 clubs still to be completed - Roughly a bit over 2500 players to be added to the database)

I would like to release the next version by the end of the month but realistically this may not happen. I'd also like to start on a fantasy expansion database as well. 

I can attempt help with NPL WA if you haven't already done it, just shoot a PM my way.

Edit: NPL WA is moving to 12 teams from next season (2019), it would make sense to have it this way in the database for 2018 if you are going for up to date squads.

On 25/11/2018 at 17:46, DementedHammer said:

@Weiry

I have released a Wellington Weather patch, to better simulate the weather when playing for or against the Wellington Phoenix in Wellington.  

Feel free to merge these changes into your own editor file.

Here's the link:

Wellington Weather Patch v277.fmf

Thanks for this mate, will look at adding this in to the next version :thup:

4 hours ago, SweetDee69 said:

I can attempt help with NPL WA if you haven't already done it, just shoot a PM my way.

Edit: NPL WA is moving to 12 teams from next season (2019), it would make sense to have it this way in the database for 2018 if you are going for up to date squads.

PM sent.

The squads are as of 2018 so no 2019 transfers (unless player has moved to A League or abroad) I find this for now is the easiest way as I don't want half the database to be correct and the rest outdated. This also goes for the structure, as the NPL may be known but for leagues lower down the pyramid it is hard to find details for their structures for next season.

There'll definitely be updates next year though, updating everything for the 2019 season. But right now I am just focusing on getting the previous season done.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a bit of an update for everybody interested - I've got 4/8 NPL1s completed. Under 1800 players still to be added for the remaining states. After this I'll sort out Level 3 and then the version will be ready for release. This file will take a lot patience but I can assure that this will be the most authentic real Australian pyramid in any FM. Hopefully in FM20 it won't take as long as I hope to merge everything over. (So no need for player creation etc.)

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my Northern NSW League System (2018) down to Tier 7 of NNSW Football.

Only has correct teams, stadiums (to tier 2 of NNSW football), competition names, uniforms, colours and i have changed a few reputations.

I added promotion/relegation to the tiers as in real-life teams have to 'bid' on what competition they are in from Zone Premier League down. (example. East Maitland FC could be in Zone League 2 in 2018 but in 2019 could be in Zone Prem League).

Leagues:

- NPL NNSW

- Northern State League 1

- Zone Premier League

- Zone League 1

- Zone League 2

- Interdistrict All Age A

- Interdistrict All Age B

Name changes

- Maitland Junior FC to East Maitland FC

- Charlestown Junior FC to Charlestown FC

Goodluck.

Zone League.fmf

1 hour ago, Boofhead54 said:

Here is my Northern NSW League System (2018) down to Tier 7 of NNSW Football.

Thanks for this mate, I'll look at using some of this information for one of the next updates.

I'll also be using the promotion/relegation instead of nomination (as this isn't possible in FM) so although it loses a bit of realism it makes the database a lot more fun to play

Apologies for the double post but here are the competitions that will be in the next update:

eRs2Mx8.png

Originally the plan was just to add Level 3 but I'll be adding down to Level 8. This is not the full pyramid, just the leagues that have are able to promote to the NPL1. There'll be plenty more regional/zone leagues added after this update.

This update will also include full playing squads for Level 2 clubs (Around 700 players still to add). Correct stadium and kit details added to all clubs (down to level 8) as well as realistic finances and reputations for all clubs. 

I'm hoping to get this out by the end of the month. It's a big job especially with Xmas around the corner but I'm confident this will be done :) 

Archived