Jump to content

[FM19] Manchester United


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, BigV said:

4-3-3 DLP-D DM with a BBM and AP-A for pogba works well. 442/4-2-3-1 DLP-S and BBM. 442 works wonders for some reason maybe because 2 strikers hold back the defensive line leaving spaces everywhere. CAM for pogba or as a mezzala usually does wonders. Creative and a ball scoring midfielder. 

 

 

I have actually gone for a 4-2-4 formation - essentially a standard back for - two players in the middle (one of which is Pogba) - two outside of those put positioned as advanced wingers.

Gengenpress and expressive, this has been working very well, I am still in the infancy of the season but my results have been as follows

 

Wolves - W 7-0

Palace L 1-0

Everton L-2-0

(formation change)

Huddersfield W 2-0

Exeter League Cup (same formation but played a lot of the u23s) W 4-0

Hoffenhiem W 2-1

West Ham W 1-0

Burnley D 2-2

 

PSV W 3-2

 

Pogba chipping in with 7 in 9 apps

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, SalopSi said:

I have actually gone for a 4-2-4 formation - essentially a standard back for - two players in the middle (one of which is Pogba) - two outside of those put positioned as advanced wingers.

Gengenpress and expressive, this has been working very well,

What was your previous formation? 

442 is usually more suitable because your AMR/L is higher and does less defensive work. Slotting them in R/LM  as Wingers-Attack duty you can attack and defend as you'd see a traditional 442 IRL. Pogba as a DLP without a CAM or anyone further forward usually does the running the game and scoring alot. AI doesn't know how to handle the 442 but i'd expect the 424 to be caught out of position sometimes on the wing play. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Sparky_07 said:

How people going to set up with United now after the transfer window. Can't wait to get my final fm19 game going

Waiting for a good update pack, including some much needed ability changes, given how we performed last season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, blue heron said:

Waiting for a good update pack, including some much needed ability changes, given how we performed last season.

I'm just using the Sortitoutsi update.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/08/2019 at 16:00, BigV said:

What was your previous formation? 

442 is usually more suitable because your AMR/L is higher and does less defensive work. Slotting them in R/LM  as Wingers-Attack duty you can attack and defend as you'd see a traditional 442 IRL. Pogba as a DLP without a CAM or anyone further forward usually does the running the game and scoring alot. AI doesn't know how to handle the 442 but i'd expect the 424 to be caught out of position sometimes on the wing play. 

During pre-season and for the first game I went with a 3-5-2, which, as I say worked well smashing Bayern for 5 and Wolves in the first game 7-0; It was then I got found out and changed to the above.

 

Topped the group in Europe which featured Barca, a 0-0 draw out there and a 1-0 win at OT, did lose by 3 to Liverpool but managed to beat table toppers City 3-1 and Arsenal in second 4-2.

 

Going okay so far, as I say I have De Ligt and Bissaka and would love to add Maguire; Jones and Smalling are not getting a look in at all, so will be looking to offload them in January and have Lindleof, De Ligt, Maguire and Bailly as my recognised CBs - Mata started brilliantly but has faded somewhat, Chong is doing well out on loan at Norwich and will feature next season, Gomes is being used sparingly, often off the bench when I need some legs too...

 

Im also keen to move Lingard and Sanchez on, I havent even registered Lingard, and he would command a good fee to use towards Maguire, then Sanchez going would give me something to play with going forward, while he is in the first team, I do think I could cope without given the fee I will receive 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Sparky_07 said:

How people going to set up with United now after the transfer window. Can't wait to get my final fm19 game going

Probably just going to wait for fm20 this month or the next is when we get details. Plus no big improvements made and the decent players you could buy at the start well lets just say some are gone. 

 

3 hours ago, blue heron said:

Waiting for a good update pack, including some much needed ability changes, given how we performed last season

Check FM scout within this week, you can download other stuff aswell like face packs and logo's. 

 

2 hours ago, SalopSi said:

Going okay so far, as I say I have De Ligt and Bissaka and would love to add Maguire; Jones and Smalling are not getting a look in at all, so will be looking to offload them in January and have Lindleof, De Ligt, Maguire and Bailly as my recognised CBs - Mata started brilliantly but has faded somewhat, Chong is doing well out on loan at Norwich and will feature next season, Gomes is being used sparingly, often off the bench when I need some legs too...

 

Im also keen to move Lingard and Sanchez on, I havent even registered Lingard, and he would command a good fee to use towards Maguire, then Sanchez going would give me something to play with going forward, while he is in the first team, I do think I could cope without given the fee I will receive 

Nice. Ill offer a bit of advice. I've used gomes as a winger and his pace and dribbling is very useful but obviously not as good as he is a CAM or IF from the left. Linagrd I have as AML (AMR as a winger didn't work out great) and has done quite decent because of his movement. 16 games 5 assist and 6 goals. Sanchez I loaned out, for some reason couldn't get him to perform whatsoever and so chelsea came in for him and he's been doing awful there too. His wages will be hard to sell but if you can sell him above 20-30m it's useful for the wage space. 

For some reason top class players struggle in this FM from the AI, dunno why, I think it might be the ME or the less explotable traits like move into channels. Even the human usage of some top class players dont work great which Is why I tend to use youth and build them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/08/2019 at 13:35, BigV said:

Probably just going to wait for fm20 this month or the next is when we get details. Plus no big improvements made and the decent players you could buy at the start well lets just say some are gone. 

 

Check FM scout within this week, you can download other stuff aswell like face packs and logo's. 

 

Nice. Ill offer a bit of advice. I've used gomes as a winger and his pace and dribbling is very useful but obviously not as good as he is a CAM or IF from the left. Linagrd I have as AML (AMR as a winger didn't work out great) and has done quite decent because of his movement. 16 games 5 assist and 6 goals. Sanchez I loaned out, for some reason couldn't get him to perform whatsoever and so chelsea came in for him and he's been doing awful there too. His wages will be hard to sell but if you can sell him above 20-30m it's useful for the wage space. 

For some reason top class players struggle in this FM from the AI, dunno why, I think it might be the ME or the less explotable traits like move into channels. Even the human usage of some top class players dont work great which Is why I tend to use youth and build them. 

I am not past January on my save, Lingard has moved onto AC Milan after just 3 appearances in the cup for me, £45m.

 

I finally added Maguire, I picked up Ben Godfrey from Norwich owing to his versatility, I wont be using him yet properly, hes made a few fleeting sub appearances and and performed at 6.80. 7, and 7.20 - so he isnt out of place.

also in the window I signed youngster Fabio Silva from Porto, but he has gone out on loan to Sheff Weds..

 

 

Now, Lukaku and Sanchez, what to do? Lukaku has done...okay, but I want more from a player of his value.. 8 goals in a little over 20 games is okay, but Im sure there is better out there? - Lukaku misses 4/5 shots a game...

 

Sanchez, surely I can offload him? 3 goals in 20 something games!! Then I have Wan-Bissaka who has bagged 6

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SalopSi said:

I am not past January on my save, Lingard has moved onto AC Milan after just 3 appearances in the cup for me, £45m.

 

I finally added Maguire, I picked up Ben Godfrey from Norwich owing to his versatility, I wont be using him yet properly, hes made a few fleeting sub appearances and and performed at 6.80. 7, and 7.20 - so he isnt out of place.

also in the window I signed youngster Fabio Silva from Porto, but he has gone out on loan to Sheff Weds..

 

 

Now, Lukaku and Sanchez, what to do? Lukaku has done...okay, but I want more from a player of his value.. 8 goals in a little over 20 games is okay, but Im sure there is better out there? - Lukaku misses 4/5 shots a game...

 

Sanchez, surely I can offload him? 3 goals in 20 something games!! Then I have Wan-Bissaka who has bagged 6

Ahh right okay. Great buy because he is defintely one for the future and will become an elite striker. 

Depends how you utilise him. His head is a ball magnet and even with IF's on my save, my wing backs do the crossing- dalot/telles/calabria. Recently tried very short passing and lukaku as any role doesn't work, beginning to think that the AF role is more or less useless unless they are top class with the right traits/upfront with another striker. I've been willing to let lukaku go just for the fact he's too OP on my save for me. Was thinking of pietro pellegri who will become elite by age of 21-24, fabio silva or stick with greenwood and make him part of the first team. 

You can try but his wage demands are heavy for other clubs, I couldn't get anything out of him in 1st season I tried so i loaned him out and some people in here have also said the same. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we just talk about Nishan Burkhart for a minute please?

 

Second leg of the knockout phase of the Champions League, I had drawn the first leg 1-1 out in Porto.

 

I tried a imaginative  with 5 at the back (well, three CBs and two WBs - two holding midfielders and then Martial, Lukaku and Rashford uptop - I just hadnt been scoring enough, and I needed to take the game to Porto, I had Herrera and Matic sat there all game... and left my wingbacks to assist with my front three...

 

Mata was injured, Sanchez injured and Gomez,Greenwood, Silva, Chong and co were all out on loan, I needed a attacking threat on the bench if something on-toward happend, looking at my youth Results; Burkart who can has the ability to play in any AM or ST position had managed 14 in 30 something games... So i chanced him...

 

3 minutes into the game, and Martial went down with a knock; I wasnt going to change formation as I had a feeling it would work; - So I threw Burkart on, - the highlight showed Porto on the counter; Eric Bailly put in an absolutely fantastic challenge, to stop it, came away with the ball and launched it forward, Burkart managed to get on the end of it; I expect him to square it in-field to one of the other two, but he kept going, past one, and then another, he took it outwide and cut it back, firing a high ball straigh onto the head of Lukaku - 1-0, 'What a way to introduce yourself'

 

I finished the game 3-0 winners, with Burkart setting up the third..... I think he might be my answer to Sanchez?  hah!

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SalopSi said:

I finished the game 3-0 winners, with Burkart setting up the third..... I think he might be my answer to Sanchez?  hah!

Don't get carried away, it's his blistering pace that did that and probably the "age of being hungry" and cocky to do it all. Works sometimes, not all the time and i think he is 5 star potential but never seems to hit that level no matter how many games he gets. Sanchez is old and past his peak and has pace of 15 with accel at 14 so fairly innefective. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Burkart finished my season with 8 games and a goal to boot. - Im into my second season, where he is on loan at newly promoted Sunderland in the championship.

 

Sanchez went to OM for a reduced fee of 24m, I picked up Dembele from Celtic, Rodriguez (first name escapes me..not ricardo) as cover for Shaw, Baines on a free, a Regen called Berna who is the same positionally as Sanchez, 2 goals in 4 for me thus far... and I also picked up Andre Grey for 8m, - Bizarre in theory, but ideal to bring on to close the game out, hes managed 2 in 5 apps...Also sold Matic to Spurts with Lamela coming to me too, so plenty of options in the AM berth

 

Rashford and Martial have for 5 in 6 and 8 in 7 respectivley 

 

2nd in the league, and looking good for it 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Chapman7 said:

Was only joking. How you line up then?

2nd that. In a free role where nothing is in front he'll just bang goals cause his long shots are like 17-19 and the get into box trait works a treat. Trying him at CAM atm and doesn't work at all for me. For that reason im going back to 17 xD 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/08/2019 at 11:40, Sparky_07 said:

I'm just using the Sortitoutsi update.

Just started a new game using pr0/fmtu update after window closed in most of Europe. United predicted to finish 5th and a team that needs a lot of work. 110M left in the transfer budget though. Let's see how this goes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, blue heron said:

Just started a new game using pr0/fmtu update after window closed in most of Europe. United predicted to finish 5th and a team that needs a lot of work. 110M left in the transfer budget though. Let's see how this goes.

Dead weight will give you at least 30-50m. Can sort the mid out and possibly even the striker situation. Another LB. Actually thats a lie because the dead weight are loaned out lol, that's pretty peak tbh, 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Madrid were coming in for de Ligt in my save and I countered asking for 95mil and they apparently decided to match. He's the best CB in the world at the moment, so I guess I'm not surprised, but it has certainly given me a tough decision to make. He only has a year left on his contract as well, so maybe it's just right to cash in. Not sure how the hell I'd replace him though. Beginning of the 22/23 season so I suppose I could try to find a good regen at this point but it would probably be tough.

Edited by Juls317
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Juls317 said:

Well Madrid were coming in for de Ligt in my save and I countered asking for 95mil and they apparently decided to match. He's the best CB in the world at the moment, so I guess I'm not surprised, but it has certainly given me a tough decision to make. He only has a year left on his contract as well, so maybe it's just right to cash in. Not sure how the hell I'd replace him though. Beginning of the 22/23 season so I suppose I could try to find a good regen at this point but it would probably be tough.

Personally I don’t see the need to cash in on players. I’ll sell players I don’t need but I’ve never sold one of my top players before, I’ve never run into FFP issues and with United I alway end up with more money then o could possibly spend on both wages and transfers.

So unless De Ligt is refusing a contract extension then keep him, especially if he’s the best in the world

Edited by Zeonflux
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zeonflux said:

Personally I don’t see the need to cash in on players. I’ll sell players I don’t need but I’ve never sold one of my top players before, I’ve never run into FFP issues and with United I alway end up with more money then o could possibly spend on both wages and transfers.

So unless De Ligt is refusing a contract extension then keep him, especially if he’s the best in the world

Yeah he's refusing an extension because other clubs are interested in him. I ended up cancelling the transfer since his personal negotiations outran the window and I didn't have time to find a replacement. Not sure why he wants to leave honestly. We've won the past like 3 PLs and 2 of the past 3 CLs, there isn't a bigger club out there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Juls317 said:

Yeah he's refusing an extension because other clubs are interested in him. I ended up cancelling the transfer since his personal negotiations outran the window and I didn't have time to find a replacement. Not sure why he wants to leave honestly. We've won the past like 3 PLs and 2 of the past 3 CLs, there isn't a bigger club out there.

Ah one of those, normally if they ask to leave I tell them that they’re integral to the squad (or something like that) and they want to stay.

is there an option for an automatic contract extension? That’s usually a good stop gap to get them to stay a year longer and then you can usually offer them a new contract a bit later when the transfer windows close

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

Ah one of those, normally if they ask to leave I tell them that they’re integral to the squad (or something like that) and they want to stay.

is there an option for an automatic contract extension? That’s usually a good stop gap to get them to stay a year longer and then you can usually offer them a new contract a bit later when the transfer windows close

I didn't know that he was unhappy or looking to move honestly. Madrid had come in for him the year before and I refused, we chatted and I said I would accept a certain valuation that I never received and then he eventually dropped it because the value wasn't met. But then when I went to renew because he only had 12 months left, his agent said he wasn't interested because other clubs were interested in him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Juls317 said:

I didn't know that he was unhappy or looking to move honestly. Madrid had come in for him the year before and I refused, we chatted and I said I would accept a certain valuation that I never received and then he eventually dropped it because the value wasn't met. But then when I went to renew because he only had 12 months left, his agent said he wasn't interested because other clubs were interested in him.

Ah bugger the only thing I can suggest is to try and offer him a contract every couple of days once a the transfer window closes

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Im wondering if anyone could give some thoughts on my Utd team like who would you ship out and sign.

I'm looking for opinions where I could upgrade on positions, who I could buy etc.

1. I have De Light coming in for next season

2. Left back as I plan to sell Rojo, Young and Darmian so would be short but I do have Grimaldo coming but could still do with another option.

3. Planning on selling Valencia so again I would be short

4. Am considering selling Matic and Mata, not sure who I can get to replace these 2.

5. Not sure about selling Sanchez, I feel he played well but he is 30 and his value isn't going to increase is it, if I do sell who could I get to replace him, would like to go for youth.

6. Not sure if I should sell Lingaard.

Just finished the 2018/2019 season.

 

 

 

Manchester United_  Overview.png

Edited by User0912
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, User0912 said:

Im wondering if anyone could give some thoughts on my Utd team like who would you ship out and sign.

I'm looking for opinions where I could upgrade on positions, who I could buy etc.

1. I have De Light coming in for next season

2. Left back as I plan to sell Rojo, Young and Darmian so would be short but I do have Grimaldo coming but could still do with another option.

3. Planning on selling Valencia so again I would be short

4. Am considering selling Matic and Mata, not sure who I can get to replace these 2.

5. Not sure about selling Sanchez, I feel he played well but he is 30 and his value isn't going to increase is it, if I do sell who could I get to replace him, would like to go for youth.

6. Not sure if I should sell Lingaard.

Just finished the 2018/2019 season.

1. Manolas- defending God and cheap 30-35 mill release clause, can't remember much but i put tuanzebe in there and he was a class act when needed, much more than lindelof. 

2. Grimaldo a great choice, what happened to shaw? be a good back up, look at digne/tiereny/telles whos a beast on the game and ferland mendy if he aint gone madrid yet. Or chillwell for close to home grown players.

3. Calabria italian beast, bellerin, dalot comes good if you work on him.

4. If you're losing mata as a CM and sticking to 442 then frenkie dejong for sure, sandro tonali for matic, gravenberch, saul

5. Never got good for me and some others so we sold him or loaned him out as his wage was an issue- get a typical LW or look at koke

6. Chiesa as a rw, not sure about the role tho so i'd say scout or google it with wonderkids/useful areas. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2019 at 11:58, BigV said:

1. Manolas- defending God and cheap 30-35 mill release clause, can't remember much but i put tuanzebe in there and he was a class act when needed, much more than lindelof. 

2. Grimaldo a great choice, what happened to shaw? be a good back up, look at digne/tiereny/telles whos a beast on the game and ferland mendy if he aint gone madrid yet. Or chillwell for close to home grown players.

3. Calabria italian beast, bellerin, dalot comes good if you work on him.

4. If you're losing mata as a CM and sticking to 442 then frenkie dejong for sure, sandro tonali for matic, gravenberch, saul

5. Never got good for me and some others so we sold him or loaned him out as his wage was an issue- get a typical LW or look at koke

6. Chiesa as a rw, not sure about the role tho so i'd say scout or google it with wonderkids/useful areas. 

1. Ill check out Manolas

2. Still got, he did get injured and other than the youth players I have I had to play either Young/Rojo/maybe Valencia or Darmian there. was going to rotate Shaw and Grimaldo. Ill check out Telles and Mendy.

3. You say Dalot becomes good if you work on him, could you expand on that please ? Do you mean taking control of his training ?

4. Still undecided on selling Mata, might still keep him.

5. Yes I agree, hes on 400k which is the highest wage, higher than Pogbas, ok so Ill take a look at Koke.

6. Yes Chiesa is good

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, User0912 said:

1. Ill check out Manolas

2. Still got, he did get injured and other than the youth players I have I had to play either Young/Rojo/maybe Valencia or Darmian there. was going to rotate Shaw and Grimaldo. Ill check out Telles and Mendy.

3. You say Dalot becomes good if you work on him, could you expand on that please ? Do you mean taking control of his training ?

4. Still undecided on selling Mata, might still keep him.

5. Yes I agree, hes on 400k which is the highest wage, higher than Pogbas, ok so Ill take a look at Koke.

6. Yes Chiesa is good

 

 

3. Yeah take control and play him up to 15-25 games a season, he'll become one of the best RB's in the game if you nurture his defensive side- tackling and positioning. 

Leme know either by this thread or message me how it goes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, BigV said:

3. Yeah take control and play him up to 15-25 games a season, he'll become one of the best RB's in the game if you nurture his defensive side- tackling and positioning. 

Leme know either by this thread or message me how it goes. 

Ok thanks.

 

Thinking of selling Lingaard and PSG have made an offer for De Gea who has come to me to say he wants to leave.

Edited by User0912
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, User0912 said:

1 thing I hadn't considered  before I signed all these players is whether the rhythm of the team will be disjointed with the new players coming in rather than signing 1 or 2.

up to 4 players is fine, Summer job is always a big job, jan spending for lower teams or emergency ones. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 16/12/2019 at 16:32, BigV said:

up to 4 players is fine, Summer job is always a big job, jan spending for lower teams or emergency ones. 

I wondered if that was the case. The majority of the spending went on 6 players but I have signed some players on loan.

Ok my next issue, Ive signed Adrien Rabiot on a free, I made a promise about strengthening the squad, need to decide where I can add depth too, if I sell Sanchez I could add to the left of midfield.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 14/12/2019 at 23:11, BigV said:

3. Yeah take control and play him up to 15-25 games a season, he'll become one of the best RB's in the game if you nurture his defensive side- tackling and positioning. 

Leme know either by this thread or message me how it goes. 

Hi

So regarding Lindleoffs training do I train him as a right back and do I have anything for additional focus ?

Thanks

Edited by User0912
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, User0912 said:

Hi

So regarding Lindleoffs training do I train him as a right back and do I have anything for additional focus ?

Thanks

If you wish him to be better yes, although lindelof's stats won't go very high because his mentality is pretty strong and he's around 23/24 start of the save.

I was originlly on about dalot but both have good uses as RB, dalot more attacking/wingback attitude while lindelof can be a decent fullback. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/01/2020 at 00:46, BigV said:

If you wish him to be better yes, although lindelof's stats won't go very high because his mentality is pretty strong and he's around 23/24 start of the save.

I was originlly on about dalot but both have good uses as RB, dalot more attacking/wingback attitude while lindelof can be a decent fullback. 

Yes my bad, Dalot, ok so Ill train him to be a RB.

 

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Currently having fun trying to do better than Solskjaer. Won the FA Cup in my first season, won the PL in my second, went out to Liverpool in the semi finals of the Champions League both times. Some thoughts - 

Using a 4-2-4 for easier games, with Pogba alongside a more defensive player in CM. Switching to 4-1-4-1 for trickier away games, with a specialist ball-winning DM and the two inside forwards playing high up so it's almost a front 3. Also I now have a specialist anti-Liverpool formation: 5-1-2-2-1 defensive, with a deep defensive line and little pressing. Got me a 2-0 win at Anfeld to clinch the league. 

Signings: kept De Gea in goal with Henderson as back-up. Tierney LB. De Ligt and one of Lindelof, Tuanzebe (who's developing really well) and Ruben Diaz partnering him. Dalot RB, playing as an attacking CWB to devastating effect. 

Kean or Martial as the left-sided inside forward, Bernadeschi (who won PL player of the season) on the right with Pavon as back up. Pogba and at least one of Ndombele, Doucoure and Coquelin (don't laugh, he's an effective ball winner with good mental stats) in midfield. Rashford partnering Mariano (who complements him because of good heading, work rate and finishing ability) up front, with Greenwood getting increasing gametime. 

So essentially I've overhauled the initial squad, getting rid of the okayish but flawed players who were on crazy wages in the first three transfer windows - Shaw, Jones, Smalling, Bailly, Valencia, Young, Fred, Herrera, Matic, Sanchez (although the last two did make some contributions) and focusing on new signings with high determination/good mentality. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...