[FM19] Manchester United

zlatanera

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you have played 2-3 seasons or more in, who is your most regular goalscorer in the side, outside of Pogba?

If it's your main goalscoring threat(keen not to say Centre Forward), are they hitting a regular 20 goals a season, as a top club goalscorer should or is it much lower?

3 hours ago, MatthewS17 said:

For those of you have played 2-3 seasons or more in, who is your most regular goalscorer in the side, outside of Pogba?

If it's your main goalscoring threat(keen not to say Centre Forward), are they hitting a regular 20 goals a season, as a top club goalscorer should or is it much lower?

Personally lukaku for me, for some reason I tend to have a lot of crosses and it's like a magnet to him to score. Outside of him it's Jesse/thauvin who operate as IF's and usually score by tap ins or far post exploits in game such a ricochet and wing counters. Personally I think thauvin could hit 15-20 as he's on 13 with 12 games to go. Lukaku already hit that target and that's about it tbh. Strikers don't do well with the so called Advanced forward rule, deeper they are the better they play and score IMO so counting the strikers out makes it a huge negative on others trying to when they don't often.  

8 minutes ago, BigV said:

Personally lukaku for me, for some reason I tend to have a lot of crosses and it's like a magnet to him to score. Outside of him it's Jesse/thauvin who operate as IF's and usually score by tap ins or far post exploits in game such a ricochet and wing counters. Personally I think thauvin could hit 15-20 as he's on 13 with 12 games to go. Lukaku already hit that target and that's about it tbh. Strikers don't do well with the so called Advanced forward rule, deeper they are the better they play and score IMO so counting the strikers out makes it a huge negative on others trying to when they don't often.  

Who's your second striker? I plan to offload Lukaku, as he lacks the technical style I prefer in my forwards. Rashford did in the first for me, but is not doing so well in the second. I still want my forward to be the most prolific aspect of my team, so what role can I use to for him, other than  F9. I agree that the AF role is a bit broken, but I tend to use Rashy as a DLF(S), or a PF(S).

7 minutes ago, MatthewS17 said:

Who's your second striker? I plan to offload Lukaku, as he lacks the technical style I prefer in my forwards. Rashford did in the first for me, but is not doing so well in the second. I still want my forward to be the most prolific aspect of my team, so what role can I use to for him, other than  F9. I agree that the AF role is a bit broken, but I tend to use Rashy as a DLF(S), or a PF(S).

Rashford. Not great at all as a Advanced forward, maybe because of issues with the ME and the AI but he rarely does anything to score and when he's close to doing so in a 1v1 he fluffs it 99% of the time. But if I use him as rotation or using from the subs he adds an extra tactical cause to the game. I would've said DLF myself or a pressing forward. I think the "move into channel" is too explicit and throws them out wide completely so they act like wing backs or wingers when alone. I might try putting 2 strikers up top and see what happens cause they both cannot go super wide with no striker. Maybe try complete forward support/attack, I use that role for lukaku and seems to do well.

Have you tried using him as a false 9? i'm going to tweak around that in my next few games and if anything changes I'll get back to you. F9 makes them stay alot more central but less of the positional striker and deeper so I think the striker roles themselves are heavily flawed due to certain things and the ME. 

2 hours ago, BigV said:

Rashford. Not great at all as a Advanced forward

I beg to differ... January 2020 he has 21 goals and 4 assists in all competitions (36 appearances), well on target to beat 30 goals this season. Can't find the stats for season 1 but he was around the same level. Lukaku as a TM-support has 16 goals and 3 assists in 24 appearances. Pogba and Martial have 11 goals apiece, so far. That's in a 442 with Martial as IW-attack, Pogba as AP-support. Mata and Lingard are the main creators as WP-attack on the right - 9 and 8 assists, respectively.

6 hours ago, BigV said:

Rashford. Not great at all as a Advanced forward, maybe because of issues with the ME and the AI but he rarely does anything to score and when he's close to doing so in a 1v1 he fluffs it 99% of the time. But if I use him as rotation or using from the subs he adds an extra tactical cause to the game. I would've said DLF myself or a pressing forward. I think the "move into channel" is too explicit and throws them out wide completely so they act like wing backs or wingers when alone. I might try putting 2 strikers up top and see what happens cause they both cannot go super wide with no striker. Maybe try complete forward support/attack, I use that role for lukaku and seems to do well.

Have you tried using him as a false 9? i'm going to tweak around that in my next few games and if anything changes I'll get back to you. F9 makes them stay alot more central but less of the positional striker and deeper so I think the striker roles themselves are heavily flawed due to certain things and the ME. 

I like my wingers to come in and act as second and third strikers, along with a midfielder, and then the wingbacks to act as wingers, creating a bit of an overload, so I can't see myself playing a system with 2 up front. 

I've not considered F9, because I feel that I understand the role enough to know that in reality, the F9 wouldn't work in the system I try to create. Doubtful of Rash as a CF though, as he lacks any aerial threat at all. 

4 hours ago, warlock said:

I beg to differ... January 2020 he has 21 goals and 4 assists in all competitions (36 appearances), well on target to beat 30 goals this season. Can't find the stats for season 1 but he was around the same level. Lukaku as a TM-support has 16 goals and 3 assists in 24 appearances. Pogba and Martial have 11 goals apiece, so far. That's in a 442 with Martial as IW-attack, Pogba as AP-support. Mata and Lingard are the main creators as WP-attack on the right - 9 and 8 assists, respectively.

Should've clarified as a lone striker that is, apologies. 

42 minutes ago, MatthewS17 said:

I like my wingers to come in and act as second and third strikers, along with a midfielder, and then the wingbacks to act as wingers, creating a bit of an overload, so I can't see myself playing a system with 2 up front. 

I've not considered F9, because I feel that I understand the role enough to know that in reality, the F9 wouldn't work in the system I try to create. Doubtful of Rash as a CF though, as he lacks any aerial threat at all. 

Very similar to what I tend to do, tweak the width to going narrow, that might help and close off wide spaces although it would hinder you in some games. I understand that from a logical view but it's worked a couple of times i've tried it. I put greenwood in a cup game and he was awful as an advanced forward alone, changed his to a f9 and stayed central and made things happen. Ended up scoring 2 goals, thats my best example for that role so try it in a weaker/less important game and see how it works. True but complete forwards are heavily dependant on your passing range, so if its short passing or lower then he'll act like a lewondowski/higuain type player. His attributes are mehhh for it but he does do well some games ive chose to use when he doesn't get with the game. 

14 minutes ago, BigV said:

Should've clarified as a lone striker that is, apologies. 

No apology necessary :).

It might be the essential question with FM19 - do you go with two up front for a greater goalscoring threat, or drop one striker back for better defensive/possessive football? I still haven't decided!

1 hour ago, warlock said:

No apology necessary :).

It might be the essential question with FM19 - do you go with two up front for a greater goalscoring threat, or drop one striker back for better defensive/possessive football? I still haven't decided!

Well I used to play 4-2-3-1 but really hated the AP role as they were ball hoggers, AM was just an attacking mid to score and barely create almost like the fergie 4-4-2 with rooney behind RVP. Moved away from that to a 433 for 19 and can safely say the DM roles are all quite similar in what they do. 

Anyways I think you're right but if today proved anything is that 442 isn't great for modern football unless you have a beast like messi (barca deserved more :seagull: ). Heavily dependant on roles against certain games where as the classic 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 you can use the same roles and still get away with it. I still think the IF's should be more like attackers as we see in todays game more so than the strikers. I don't think i'll ever change to a 2 striker formation, doesn't suit me but if you try it maybe it'll work

Decided to start a new United save since I stopped playing my last one, in my first season I choked the league title, I was undefeated from August to April even going on a 15 win streak, but Liverpool were on hot on our tail and we ended up losing a 7 point lead and Liverpool won the league title by beating us on the final day of the season, to make it worse I also lost to the scousers in the FA Cup final, but I did manage to beat them in the EFL Cup final. We got to the final of the UCL and managed to beat Barca 1-0 to finally bring back the Champions League to Old Trafford after 11 years. I would say it was a good season, but I was still annoyed how we ended up not winning the league title and FA Cup to win the quadruple, but on we go

Now for my second season, I won't bore you with all the transfers, but I'll tell you that Barca bought Pogba from us for £120M, I tried to ask him stay, but he wasn't having it. Then we brought in arguably the best player I've ever seen on FM, Kylian Mbappe for £170M and OMG his he amazing! He scored 51 goals and 18 assist in 54 appearances which is astronomical. So we ended up winning both the Community Shield and the Super Cup before the season started which is great as we had a chance to win 7 trophies this season. In the league we won every single game until December where we drew with Spurs after that we again went on to win every league game, until April were we drew once again with Spurs then ultimately losing to Liverpool (BTW I really hate Liverpool in this save). In the final weeks of the season we nearly bottled the league title again, but luckily we had a game in hand, so we ended up beating Liverpool to the title by 3 points to win it with 102 points. During that run we managed to retain the EFL Cup by beating Liverpool in the Final, we won the FIFA Club World Club, beat Liverpool for the FA Cup (getting revenge from last season and we managed to retain the Champions League for the 2nd year in a row. WE WON THE SEPTUPLE!!!

I'll stop typing now and you can just checkout my pics below 

7628637_DesktopScreenshot2019_05.08-05_21_22_57.thumb.png.ddf624aa7e761a07f5fe75e99fc1a5a8.png712717737_DesktopScreenshot2019_05.08-05.21_05_56.thumb.png.812a4bf29f2b281803090363bd08d8cc.png674014757_DesktopScreenshot2019_05.08-06_10_31_62.thumb.png.2e93d596dfa8ed3801303e9ecf742c4a.png501893358_DesktopScreenshot2019_05.08-06_11.31_05(2)_LI.thumb.jpg.8e01b16f81d94a2d19094d9a639f1780.jpg1190265191_DesktopScreenshot2019_05.08-06_20_58_39.thumb.png.3ed1213605e2ecb2d342c934569e6d9f.png

Edited by Kaylan

7 hours ago, Kaylan said:

WE WON THE SEPTUPLE!!!

Lol congrats man, big signing after getting rid of one of the best players in the game. Im quite chuffed that you have him at 300k still, he earns around 315 atm but FM will probably have lowered it too 275k. Bet his add ons are incredibly high. 

What are your tactics and formations, love to see how you've done this well. Also 28 assists with tiereny :lol: that's crazy. Mbappe's ratings are lower than expected with that kind of goal scoring record. 

48 minutes ago, BigV said:

Lol congrats man, big signing after getting rid of one of the best players in the game. Im quite chuffed that you have him at 300k still, he earns around 315 atm but FM will probably have lowered it too 275k. Bet his add ons are incredibly high. 

What are your tactics and formations, love to see how you've done this well. Also 28 assists with tiereny :lol: that's crazy. Mbappe's ratings are lower than expected with that kind of goal scoring record. 

I downloaded a 4-2-3-1 formation from FMScout I think, I'm rubbish at making my own, but it's been really great to use as everyone pretty much gets on the goal sheet especially the 2 CM, LW, RW and ST.

Like you saw Tierny finishing with 28 assist and Kimmich also finished with a lot of assist on 20, so the fullbacks are a major reason for the team scoring as many as they have.

Mbappe's contract is crazy with add ons, weirdly enough he hasn't asked me for a new one considering how good he's been. In his first season he's somehow became a club legend and I'm still only sitting in the favourite personnel:lol:

Mbappe was sitting on 8.00 in all competitions for majority of the season, but towards the twilight of it, the whole team performance dipped and we drew/lost a few games so his rating dropped just below 8, also I played him on RW as IF and had Rashford upfront.

346470242_DesktopScreenshot2019_05.08-15_04_10_07.thumb.png.82010ac1a0e16a28096f81ecd9d6ece4.png92730080_DesktopScreenshot2019_05.08-15_04_17_62.thumb.png.b40d06ca6bf59bf58c637f45e71b1f16.png1542899844_DesktopScreenshot2019_05_08-15_04_26_08.thumb.png.28c666ea9a819017ef7f8d5970db7c80.png1659798459_DesktopScreenshot2019_05.08-15_14_02_54.thumb.png.eadce44fb849a5acbf88e31f68506a39.png1564623003_DesktopScreenshot2019_05.08-15_14_21_88.thumb.png.9bed9e36243c7fd8452a332a4a39b447.png963262112_DesktopScreenshot2019_05.08-15_11_42_98.thumb.png.53c09498e1f5a7c41b124c9e930d99c4.png

34 minutes ago, Kaylan said:

I downloaded a 4-2-3-1 formation from FMScout I think, I'm rubbish at making my own, but it's been really great to use as everyone pretty much gets on the goal sheet especially the 2 CM, LW, RW and ST.

Like you saw Tierny finishing with 28 assist and Kimmich also finished with a lot of assist on 20, so the fullbacks are a major reason for the team scoring as many as they have.

Mbappe's contract is crazy with add ons, weirdly enough he hasn't asked me for a new one considering how good he's been. In his first season he's somehow became a club legend and I'm still only sitting in the favourite personnel:lol:

Mbappe was sitting on 8.00 in all competitions for majority of the season, but towards the twilight of it, the whole team performance dipped and we drew/lost a few games so his rating dropped just below 8, also I played him on RW as IF and had Rashford upfront.

346470242_DesktopScreenshot2019_05.08-15_04_10_07.thumb.png.82010ac1a0e16a28096f81ecd9d6ece4.png92730080_DesktopScreenshot2019_05.08-15_04_17_62.thumb.png.b40d06ca6bf59bf58c637f45e71b1f16.png1542899844_DesktopScreenshot2019_05_08-15_04_26_08.thumb.png.28c666ea9a819017ef7f8d5970db7c80.png1659798459_DesktopScreenshot2019_05.08-15_14_02_54.thumb.png.eadce44fb849a5acbf88e31f68506a39.png1564623003_DesktopScreenshot2019_05.08-15_14_21_88.thumb.png.9bed9e36243c7fd8452a332a4a39b447.png963262112_DesktopScreenshot2019_05.08-15_11_42_98.thumb.png.53c09498e1f5a7c41b124c9e930d99c4.png

Wow that's amazing, yeah wingbacks/fullbacks are heavily useful in this years FM, they cross alot but also make things happen. 

I have gedson in my 2nd season as a BBM and does alright much better than the crap in the first season. Seems he's useful as a mezzala. Your tactics are very similar to mine except I use 4-2-3-1, I might have to try this to get the best out of the wide players whom seem to score less often.

Your players attributes overall seem to increase quite well too, might have to try this and see if it works better. 

You've got a strong bench, your wages must be high certainly with that that 2nd team aswell.  

FIRST SEASON:

Transfer Budget: 80 m

Summer Transfer Window:

Players In: M. de Ligt(26m) and Kieran Tierney(20m), Giovanni Simeone(19m)

Players Out: None

Winter Transfer Window:

In: Christian Pulisic(56m) – sent back on loan till end of season

Out: Fellaini(40m), Smalling(25m+), Rojo(16m), Darmian(Free), Simeone(Loan)

Formation: 4-2-3-1 Wide Geggenpress

Use De Ligt and Victor Lindelof as first choice center backs, both ball playing. By the end of the season De Ligt will be the best center back, almost close to his full potential. Alternate Dalot and Valencia on the right. Use Darmian till Dalot returns from injury. Luke Shaw first choice Left Back, rotate with Young and Tierney

Matic and Pogba as first choice pairing in midfield. Rotate with Fred and Herrera. Can occasionally use McTominay. Use Mata as Attacking Midfielder with Lingard(winger) on the right and Martial(inside forward) on the left. Martial will develop into a very good player for second season. Rotate with Sanchez and Chong.

Lukaku upfront. Rotate with Marcus Rashford. Play Rashford as advanced forward. Lukaku is better for lower level teams. By end of first season, Rashford should be at his very best.

Top Scorer: Lukaku – 28 goals in all competitions

Rashford, Pogba, Lingard all score 15+, Martial 10+

Won the League by 10 points and UCL in first season.

Only lost 2 games each in PL and UCL

SECOND SEASON:

Budget: 101mn

Transfer Budget: 80 m

Summer Transfer Window:

Players In: Eric Dier(39m), Milenkovic(31m) – has release clause, Victor Tsyganov(18m), Vagnoman(12m), Dele Alli(49m)

Players Out: Phil Jones(41m), McTominay (loan at Hamburg), Periera loan at Lazio, Tsyganov loan at Dortmund, Fosu-Mensah loan at Benfica, Simeone loan at Espanyol, Axel Tuanzebe also on loan.

Moved up Chong, Mason Greenwood and Angel Gomes to the first team. Mason Greenwood is very good. Scored three goals in three PL appearances at the end of the season.

Same formation with rotation in players. Martial on fire in second season scoring 8 goals in 5 matches. Scoring minimum of 3 goals every match now. Last season, goals were fewer.

Now all for the coming seasons there will be plenty of free funds for signing the world class players. Trying to sell Sanchez but he wont leave.

Will look to replace Mata, Matic, Sanchez and Valencia.

Already have youth players who will take their place in Gomes, Gribbin, Chong and Vagnoman.

Perhaps will buy Jadon Sancho or Reiss Nelson later.

Dream buy is Kylian Mbappe. If I can sell Sanchez and Mata, I think I can buy him next season.

So guys starting my United save thanks for the tips for the striker that i asked for earlier thought it would be better to show the tactic im wanting/going to use any thoughts on it in regards anything that contridicts each other and players that i could bring in to fit it im looking to sign CB.RB.CDM/CM and RW in the first window

20190509010107_1.jpg

20190509010116_1.jpg

20190509010120_1.jpg

20190509010132_1.jpg

On 07/05/2019 at 20:50, MatthewS17 said:

I'm up to 22/23

image.thumb.png.e0f50bded232c2f39a1ce9ed75e8d84c.png

image.thumb.png.00d5879e5e322722d2aa1879c3c46bbc.png

image.thumb.png.665f673e78d6784f5e274729e007f91d.png

image.thumb.png.e848078aee82e67f0840e8aa9e2b0e31.png

And as you can see its always my forwards then Pogba. Lingard on the left wing scores a bit as well.

12 hours ago, Footygamer89YT said:

anything that contridicts each other and players that i could bring in to fit it im looking to sign CB.RB.CDM/CM and RW in the first window

Personally I think playing narrow and direct don't work that great on this FM, give it a try though and see how it works. Mezzala role probably act like a BBM in narrow formations but less defensive so i'd suggest an CM-A or AP-A. I'd also be wary about distributing to the playmaker who is likely matic/herrera/fred, it is direct you're going with so it maybe conflict and may stress the DM out if they're not composed/ready for the long ball to them. Also always use the offside trap when playing a higher defense line, i played it without the offside trap in first 2/3 months and conceded loads and then when I put it on it reduced massively. This is just my opinion though so it's up to you.

CB De ligt (bid first time you sign in usually 20-35m), DM tonali- similar payment, RB sidibe around 30m mark, CM milenkovic savic 60-70 maybe more or less, RW chiesa 40-60m. Make sure you do the bidding though. I spent alot in my first transfer window and missed out on RW but the season after I got around 140m to spend so it works in favour of both ways as long as you improve the devilish squad. 

4 hours ago, MatthewS17 said:

Having a bit of frustration atm. What's with United's max wages. 

If I want to sign a Griezmann or a Bale, I can't because of their massive wages? 

Doesn't seem there's a work around. 

I think the board have a policy where they allocate only 25% for transfers unless you do so well and manage it well enough. I remember half way through the 1st season i was given a 100% to take over. Max wages dependant on team status never seems to move so players ignore it and the agents demand alot more. I tend to buy players and negotiate and if they don't like it tell them to sack their agents and go back in for them or leave them alone. Milenkovic savic wanted 250, told him do one, sacked his agents and then his other wanted 300 so I left it. 

On 09/05/2019 at 14:09, BigV said:

Personally I think playing narrow and direct don't work that great on this FM, give it a try though and see how it works. Mezzala role probably act like a BBM in narrow formations but less defensive so i'd suggest an CM-A or AP-A. I'd also be wary about distributing to the playmaker who is likely matic/herrera/fred, it is direct you're going with so it maybe conflict and may stress the DM out if they're not composed/ready for the long ball to them. Also always use the offside trap when playing a higher defense line, i played it without the offside trap in first 2/3 months and conceded loads and then when I put it on it reduced massively. This is just my opinion though so it's up to you.

CB De ligt (bid first time you sign in usually 20-35m), DM tonali- similar payment, RB sidibe around 30m mark, CM milenkovic savic 60-70 maybe more or less, RW chiesa 40-60m. Make sure you do the bidding though. I spent alot in my first transfer window and missed out on RW but the season after I got around 140m to spend so it works in favour of both ways as long as you improve the devilish squad. 

For me my strikers/forwards keep missing even tho they get loads of chances

On 08/05/2019 at 15:16, Kaylan said:

Can you post a link to this tactic you use please mate.

11 hours ago, PonderousShoe said:

Just thought I would add to the conversation about strikers...

Rashford has been an absolute beast for me playing as a lone Advanced Forward. He's just beaten Charlton's goal scoring record in my 8th season. Well worth a shot in my view.

Rashford.jpg

Depends on your tactics, does he go direct? do you play direct, the formation? etc. He's good but his games are situational. People tend to buy players that fit the all around purpose rather than using him for certain games exploiting weaknesses. 

Hi all. I have just started a new fm 19 save with Man Utd. (My favourite team) 

Started okay. Managed to beat Chelsea and Tottenham away. But struggling to score goals and win games against lesser teams. 

Sold Rojo and Darmian. Reading the other comments I think most people have. 

I have a 4-2-3-1 and a 4-1-4-1 DM formation. Only bought Kostas Monolas for 32M. Trying to play as many youngsters as possible. Got money for January. Looking at getting Rabiot on a free and possibly selling either Lingard or Fred. Maybe buy someone in January

Sitting 5th in league after 14 games. 1 point from 3rd and 9 pts off 1st (Man City) 

Any thoughts or suggestions to get more out of the 'easier' games. 

Not got alot of instructions as seen in a few comments, having to many, more often hinders players/shape etc. 

Dalot/Pogba/Rashford been my best 3 players. Good average ratings. 

Lukaku only scored 4 goals so far. 

25 minutes ago, AndyH117 said:

Hi all. I have just started a new fm 19 save with Man Utd. (My favourite team) 

Started okay. Managed to beat Chelsea and Tottenham away. But struggling to score goals and win games against lesser teams. 

Sold Rojo and Darmian. Reading the other comments I think most people have. 

I have a 4-2-3-1 and a 4-1-4-1 DM formation. Only bought Kostas Monolas for 32M. Trying to play as many youngsters as possible. Got money for January. Looking at getting Rabiot on a free and possibly selling either Lingard or Fred. Maybe buy someone in January

Sitting 5th in league after 14 games. 1 point from 3rd and 9 pts off 1st (Man City) 

Any thoughts or suggestions to get more out of the 'easier' games. 

Not got alot of instructions as seen in a few comments, having to many, more often hinders players/shape etc. 

Dalot/Pogba/Rashford been my best 3 players. Good average ratings. 

Lukaku only scored 4 goals so far. 

Depends really. Sold fred as he isn't up to scratch nor good enough to be hitting top flight. Jesse works alright but if you put him onto the left for some reason he does well. Can be sold up to 60-70m.

I tend to adapt to the situation so if short passing works then stick to it, if it doesn't go direct. Whats the role you have for lukaku? Complete forward tends to help, PI's are important aswell so take a look at them carefully to what you want. 

Started a last FM19 save with Man United in order to try my favourite 4-4-2 with a big team 
Seems its going pretty well with 2 Forwards(Lukaku , Rashford) and 2 Wingers playing as IW(A) (Bernarderschi , Martial) having a really good season till now which i didnt expect .
Rashford is really a killer playing up top , we get many goals from those 4 men and it seems to be a hard battle to win th PL cause Liverpool seems pretty strong too

Anthony Martial_ Overview Attributes.png

Federico Bernardeschi_ Overview Attributes.png

Marcus Rashford_ Overview Attributes.png

Romelu Lukaku_ Overview Attributes.png

Manchester United_  Senior Fixtures.png

After a month or two I have decided to return to my FM 19 save with Man Utd. All is going just as I left it...us winning unlike real life

Just a question. Marco Asensio...what is his best position? Right now he can play the centre and right of midfield, all across the attacking midfielders and even up front. Where have you found the most success with him?

2 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Curious if anyone has managed to develop Greenwood, Gomes or Chong (or any of the other youngsters) into first-team players for United? Any screenshots?

All three of those are in or around my first team right now, here are some current screenshots:

Gomes: 20190516105455_1.thumb.jpg.d2f22a3b6ec1313a516037547a3e6046.jpg

Chong: 20190516105507_1.thumb.jpg.0128e70ddf9d0933e5e4b041a42dbc70.jpg

Greenwood: 20190516105520_1.thumb.jpg.7eca9007a3284c9e3dfefa107e5c1a1a.jpg

2 hours ago, ShadowEdSide said:

Gomes

As a CAM or wide player?

Also back to your previous message my friend uses him and he plays him in CAM. Can be used in a 3 man mid where he's the attacking playmaker and creates a good enough rate. His pace is overrated though so don't expect him to be a fully fledged wide player like an IF on attack, creative ability. 

6 hours ago, BigV said:

As a CAM or wide player?

Also back to your previous message my friend uses him and he plays him in CAM. Can be used in a 3 man mid where he's the attacking playmaker and creates a good enough rate. His pace is overrated though so don't expect him to be a fully fledged wide player like an IF on attack, creative ability. 

Usually play him as a CAM, but can fill in on the left wing when I'm resting Jadon Sancho

Thanks, good to know. Tried him all around the place and he worked best as either a CAM or a playmaker in centre mid

Had an amazing 2nd season braking almost all of the club's records having scored 142 goals (!!!!!) with both my Forwards Lukaku and Rashford having 40+ goals !!
We didnt managed to win the title though having 99pts(!!!) with Liverpool beeing the perfect team having 100 points !! A very tough battle untill the last match of the season !! 
I really enjoyed this battle and this season despite the fact that we didnt go so well in CL reaching only the QF .
No words to describe the feelings !!

Premier League_ Overview Profile.png

Premier League_ Overview Stages-2.png

On 15/05/2019 at 15:52, ShadowEdSide said:

After a month or two I have decided to return to my FM 19 save with Man Utd. All is going just as I left it...us winning unlike real life

Just a question. Marco Asensio...what is his best position? Right now he can play the centre and right of midfield, all across the attacking midfielders and even up front. Where have you found the most success with him?

I was running a Tottenham save when I picked him up and I wasn't sure where to play him.  I started him out as an AMC in a 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 formation.  He struggled there so I moved him out to the AML position.  He settled down and did a solid job I think.  I had him as a Inside Forward in the support role and he finished with about 15 goals and 6 assists more or less.  I tried him as a MC when Eriksen needed a rest but I could just never get him going.  I haven't tried him on my United save yet but hope that helps some

Le 15/05/2019 à 21:52, ShadowEdSide a dit :

for Asencio his best position is offensive midfielder attack for me he is better than Dybala has this post the .... even if Dybala is monstrous too ..... Asencio can also play attacker inside left attack it is natural also at this post

is anyone else struggling with man united? i keep getting sacked. i have an ok 1st season(win most things)  have an amazing 2nd season then it usually goes to pot. have tried many tactics and it all seems to end up this way. ive tried to create tactics (i like an old fashioned 442) i do alright for a season then its like my players forget how to play football.very frustrating

7 hours ago, the SLC said:

is anyone else struggling with man united? i keep getting sacked

Afraid not. Won the PL first season, just won it again with 5 games to go second season, in the QF of Champions League, only lost one league game all season (away to City).

Here's what I'm using if it helps:

Z5RqyNXh.png?1

And here's how we stand:

8q2VlMoh.png?1

Best offence and best defence in the league. In addition to Rashford's 27 goals Lukaku has 24 and Mason Greenwood has 9 or 10.

It plays well, with a good variety of goals and seems to me to be pretty true to the United tradition. First season I brought in Max Aarons to backup Dalot at RB, and Tierney for rotation at LB. Donny van der Beek to backup Pogba. Second season I think I've only signed Jadon Sancho as backup to Martial at IFL. Can't get rid of Sanchez but he's a pretty good utility player and can do a job at IFL, WPR or either of the striker roles (when Lukaku is unavailable Sanchez plays DLF-sup).

Tonali was signed as a replacement for Matic but since I don't need or want another playmaker in central midfield he's a bit wasted, although he's pretty good at both B2B and Mez-sup when necessary.

Board just gave me £333m for season 3 transfers, but I have no idea what I'd spent it on. Probably need a replacement for Mata who's declining, and an upgrade for Smalling who has been the weakest of the four CBs. Real Madrid have talked up a "big money move" for Pogba in three windows so far, but never bid. If he does go it would be a straight swap for Milinkovic-Savic and profit in the bank.

9 hours ago, warlock said:

Can't get rid of Sanchez.

Are you determined to get a fee for him? I offered him out for nothing after the first season and he went off to MLS, he even took a 250k pay cut and I didn't have to contribute to his new wages.

8 minutes ago, noworthyicon said:

I offered him out for nothing after the first season and he went off to MLS

Hadn't thought of that. Might give it a go in the summer window :thup:

On 23/05/2019 at 15:32, warlock said:

Can't get rid of Sanchez

On my new Man Utd save I got really lucky with Sanchez. In the 2nd season Man City brought icardi for 140mil, and then when I transfer listed Sanchez, inter came in and brought him for 50mil after abit of negiotation, I did still have to pay 150k of his wages though.

I think you do need abit of luck to sell him, maybe keep an eye on what teams sell their players for big money.

I am...well things are...interesting in my game at the moment...I do like a challenge but right now, this is bizarre!

20190525170506_1.thumb.jpg.4ecb6c0886c877e58c228d7bc1b30f41.jpg

The stat you need to pay attention to is second from the left on top...90 games unbeaten in the Premier League...90! And without any reloads or anything, I am literally begging for someone to beat me in any game I play...and it's not like I never lose...I have gone out of cups, I have lost finals, I once had an embarrassing loss to KRC Genk in the Champions League I posted about a couple of seasons ago on away goals when they put 4 past me at Old Trafford and never reloaded, yet for some reason in the League on this save I just cannot lose...WHY I ask myself, even after I just recently sold my best centre-back to save some money on the wage bill! I wish I knew...and that's not the most bizarre part, that's to come:

20190525170538_1.thumb.jpg.7adee62f97328bf3a668cc3d4bc04933.jpg

What you are looking at is the right hand side...earlier this season the board slashed my wage budget by £1 million per week, granted it was very high and I probably should have managed it better but still...I am up a sticky wicket. That's why I had to sell De Ligt to PSG...he wouldn't renew his contract and he wanted to go, even though I was successful in persuading him to stay by telling him he was a popular figure in the dressing room. Managed to get £100 million for him. Any chance to slash the wage budget I am taking at the moment...that's why I am also happy to let Lewandowski's contract run down this season, he's on £300k+ a week and he's starting to decline...but I am probably going to have to sell another high-earning player to balance the books and promote youth in their place. Probably thinking Lukaku as I have several young strikers waiting in the wings who are first team ready

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got round to starting a new game properly albeit through unconventional circumstances. Playing a network game with my friend was fired by Leipzig in January despite winning every Europa league game and being third in the league st the time (very strange in my opinion)

Quite bizarrely I was offered the Man Utd job in March with Ole being 8th in the league albeit in FA Cup and champions league quarter finals

as a big united fan myself I have strong feelings on the current problems with the club and so this summer will be perhaps the biggest overhaul I’ve ever attempted

Goalkeepers:

romero and grant out as I want to give Henderson gametime next season. Unless de gea agitates for a move he’s staying

defence:

young valencia rojo darmian bailly Jones smalling fosu mensah all out 

midfield:

I think matic and Fred could be good but due to matic age want him out and think can do better than Fred. I love herrrera but as he is leaving us in real life I will let him go too

attackers:

lukaku sanchez mata will all leave. Depending on martials attitude he may be departing too and undecided on Jesse

will be promoting tuanzebe greenwood Chongy Garner potentially Ethan laird and Gomes too, as well as henderson

looking to play ether 433 or 442 but I can’t find a 442 that seems to be consistently good. Would appreciate a recommendation for tactics as well as potential transfer targets.

looking at a right back for obvious reasons, 2 centre backs (aiming for De Ligt as one). Maybe a back up left back although Dalot and laird could cover

i right winger ideally adept as rm and amr potentially sancho. Looking at at least one back aml or lm (Daniel James  possibly) and maybe a starting left winger if martial goes

need two centre mids potentially to cover playing 3 Centre mid if necessary

up front I will be looking at 1 possibly 2 strikers to play 2 up front

been looking at a total restructure too with Stuart Webber from Norwich in as director of football and looking at restructuring coaching and scouting departments

7 hours ago, thim1993 said:

I finally got round to starting a new game properly albeit through unconventional circumstances. Playing a network game with my friend was fired by Leipzig in January despite winning every Europa league game and being third in the league st the time (very strange in my opinion)

Quite bizarrely I was offered the Man Utd job in March with Ole being 8th in the league albeit in FA Cup and champions league quarter finals

as a big united fan myself I have strong feelings on the current problems with the club and so this summer will be perhaps the biggest overhaul I’ve ever attempted

Goalkeepers:

romero and grant out as I want to give Henderson gametime next season. Unless de gea agitates for a move he’s staying

defence:

young valencia rojo darmian bailly Jones smalling fosu mensah all out 

midfield:

I think matic and Fred could be good but due to matic age want him out and think can do better than Fred. I love herrrera but as he is leaving us in real life I will let him go too

attackers:

lukaku sanchez mata will all leave. Depending on martials attitude he may be departing too and undecided on Jesse

will be promoting tuanzebe greenwood Chongy Garner potentially Ethan laird and Gomes too, as well as henderson

looking to play ether 433 or 442 but I can’t find a 442 that seems to be consistently good. Would appreciate a recommendation for tactics as well as potential transfer targets.

looking at a right back for obvious reasons, 2 centre backs (aiming for De Ligt as one). Maybe a back up left back although Dalot and laird could cover

i right winger ideally adept as rm and amr potentially sancho. Looking at at least one back aml or lm (Daniel James  possibly) and maybe a starting left winger if martial goes

need two centre mids potentially to cover playing 3 Centre mid if necessary

up front I will be looking at 1 possibly 2 strikers to play 2 up front

been looking at a total restructure too with Stuart Webber from Norwich in as director of football and looking at restructuring coaching and scouting departments

I know what you mean, I have started a new man utd save and its been a massive rebuild and have enjoyed doing it so far.

So after a few other saves and a break from fm, I finally got my man utd rebuild save going. What I did, was disable the 1st transfer window, started unemployed and holidayed the 1st season, and what I wanted was the 1st season to finish similar to how real life has, anyway after a few attempts at holidaying the 1st season I got one where Man utd finished 6th, I wanted it to represent real life, so I could have the challenge of the Europa league and the struggles it brings especially with transfers. Oddly enough Man city won the league and Liverpool the champs league as well.

So I then took over Man utd and started the rebuilding process. 1st thing to do was a big staff clear out and brought a lot of my own. Then to the transfers, it was actually quite tricky, some players didn't want to join because of no champs league, and some players chose other teams that were in the champ league, for example Bruno Fernandes. But overall I was happy with my business in the end.

1608417076_season2trnasfers.thumb.png.561fc29fd525005a17e8868168224afd.png

I got very lucky with Sanchez, City brought Icardi for 140mil so Inter had money to burn and luckily they wanted Sanchez once I transfer listed him, I still am having to pay 150k of his wages but it was a great deal to sell. Also on transfers Valencia and Herrera were realeased.

We had a good season, it was tricky with the Europa league as players got tired so had to rotate a lot, especially at the back end of the season, which meant I lost a couple of silly games in the league. Also Wolves knocked us out of both domestic cups.

The prem for season 2 finished like this:

338812748_season2table.thumb.png.7df86f44ebdec9feb5a97345c6e3e771.png

On the Europa league, well we were only in it for a season and we won it.

772427693_europaleaguewin.thumb.png.b751af440d9e6af879ef37338b415434.png

The Europa league ended up being quite easy, managed to play a lot of youngsters in the group stage, with O'Connor, Fosu Mensah, Garner, Greenwood and James all getting games.

My best players for the season were Shaw who got a lot of assists, Dias, Ndombele, Martial and Rashford.

So plans for season 3, well the rebuild process will continue with hopefully the last few players leaving. Matic and Fosu Mensah are out of contract and will go, Lukaku, Mata, Andreas Pereira and Smalling will be sold, am unsure on what to do with Pogba though but I may sell him.

I want 4 players in, possibly 5.

• A LB, mainly a back up
  • CM, possibly 2 if Pogba goes
  • A winger or a striker
  • Then maybe another CB. De Ligt would be ideal but he had moved to Bayern
Edited by sedge11