Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
zlatanera

[FM19] Manchester United

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Chapman7 said:

That's odd. Never heard of that to happen

im wondering if its my brand of laptop. there is a shortcut to take the screenshot so that it goes directly into the folder as i have used it but i cant remember what it is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im trying to find a replacement target man. however i cant seem to find the players height on their profile? am i being stupid?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, the SLC said:

i cant seem to find the players height on their profile?

On the standard skins, it's at the end of the list of physical attributes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, warlock said:

On the standard skins, it's at the end of the list of physical attributes.

found it. thank you!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have finished season 1 and somehow i managed to win the league on the last day of the season. i  beat west ham away and Chelsea lost to arsenal. was a difficult and frustrating season. relied on my 442 tactic for about 95% of games but then made a very basic 4231 for the last few games as was getting annoyed during games. not sure how to make the tactic any better so for season two i may get better quality players in. i also played some players out of position and in unsuitable positions for a lot of the season so that could have possibly played a part in a poor season. went out early in both domestic cups but have just beaten real madrid in champions league final 3-2 (playing the basic 4231)

andreas pereira was my top goal score throughout with 21 goals including a hat-trick in champs league final.

good player glad i have him but with all the forward talent at united im a little disappointed it wasnt one of them.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, the SLC said:

i have finished season 1 and somehow i managed to win the league on the last day of the season. i  beat west ham away and Chelsea lost to arsenal. was a difficult and frustrating season. relied on my 442 tactic for about 95% of games but then made a very basic 4231 for the last few games as was getting annoyed during games. not sure how to make the tactic any better so for season two i may get better quality players in. i also played some players out of position and in unsuitable positions for a lot of the season so that could have possibly played a part in a poor season. went out early in both domestic cups but have just beaten real madrid in champions league final 3-2 (playing the basic 4231)

andreas pereira was my top goal score throughout with 21 goals including a hat-trick in champs league final.

good player glad i have him but with all the forward talent at united im a little disappointed it wasnt one of them.   

It your after a decent 442 tactic I’ve been using th Knap Beowulf 424 and it’s been brilliant for me.

won the club World Cup final against River Plate 15-0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, the SLC said:

im wondering if its my brand of laptop. there is a shortcut to take the screenshot so that it goes directly into the folder as i have used it but i cant remember what it is

Is possible it's the laptop never happened to me on any version so it's little confusing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just landed Messi on mine in Jan. He's 33 & his contract is up in the summer, laid out £80mil (£50 mil from sales of Everton, Brazilian AMR, to Arsenal) and put the rest to myself to get him in Jan instead of waiting until summer. Anyone else managed to land him? scores 35 yard screamers for fun on the right wing & loads of free kicks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DeanoFM said:

Just landed Messi on mine in Jan. He's 33 & his contract is up in the summer, laid out £80mil (£50 mil from sales of Everton, Brazilian AMR, to Arsenal) and put the rest to myself to get him in Jan instead of waiting until summer. Anyone else managed to land him? scores 35 yard screamers for fun on the right wing & loads of free kicks.

not I because tbh, I buy Mbappe for the right wing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DeanoFM said:

Just landed Messi on mine in Jan. He's 33 & his contract is up in the summer, laid out £80mil (£50 mil from sales of Everton, Brazilian AMR, to Arsenal) and put the rest to myself to get him in Jan instead of waiting until summer. Anyone else managed to land him? scores 35 yard screamers for fun on the right wing & loads of free kicks.

What wages did you have him on? I was tried to negotiate to get him on a free but he was wanting to match the ridiculous £875k/week he was on and I decided I didn't want a 33 year old making more than my top-paid player (Pogba on £350k/week). I mean, I'm sure if I put all my budgets towards wages I could get him (got like £400m transfer budget and £700k spare wages how its set right now) but like @xenqi I'm more likely to go for Mbappe, even though Messi would be an improvement in a position where there's room for improvement (As a wide playmaker ahead of Havertz and Gomes) whereas Mbappe would be keeping out one of Martial or Rashford in a striker position. 

Plus, I'd never manage PSG but would consider managing Barcelona, so makes more sense to blow my money on Mbappe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm returning as THE KING Eric Cantona as manager of Man Utd, got my eyes set on a 4-3-3 DM Wide.

Looking to splash the cash on world class DM-BWM(d) and a young back-up at that position since there aren't any options for in the current squad. Who would you guys suggest?
Other priorities are an AMR-W(a) as neither Mata or Lingard or good enough for that role! 

How fast is Dalot good enough for the first team?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BadAss88 said:

I'm returning as THE KING Eric Cantona as manager of Man Utd, got my eyes set on a 4-3-3 DM Wide.

Looking to splash the cash on world class DM-BWM(d) and a young back-up at that position since there aren't any options for in the current squad. Who would you guys suggest?
Other priorities are an AMR-W(a) as neither Mata or Lingard or good enough for that role! 

How fast is Dalot good enough for the first team?
 

DM-BWM - Kante (can be got 1st season for around 90m, Chelsea will even accept installments) backed up by Lucas Tousart (better attributes for the BWM role tbh, but Kante is a better all-round footballer).

AMR-W - I used Martial as W-Su on FM18, but I'd say you're looking at Chiesa 1st choice, then one of the Sancho or Pulisic from Dortmund, until you can get Mbappe as first choice ahead of Chiesa.

Dalot isn't rapid for a full back - I think he's on 15 for both acc and pace for me - but he's brilliant after a year or so. Most top full backs have some area of their game missing to prevent them being like Dani Alves at his peak - either not good enough offensively, or defensively, or injury prone. I ended up with Nelson Semedo to rotate with him after 1 season of Valencia (who performs well enough).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, zlatanera said:

DM-BWM - Kante (can be got 1st season for around 90m, Chelsea will even accept installments) backed up by Lucas Tousart (better attributes for the BWM role tbh, but Kante is a better all-round footballer).

AMR-W - I used Martial as W-Su on FM18, but I'd say you're looking at Chiesa 1st choice, then one of the Sancho or Pulisic from Dortmund, until you can get Mbappe as first choice ahead of Chiesa.

Dalot isn't rapid for a full back - I think he's on 15 for both acc and pace for me - but he's brilliant after a year or so. Most top full backs have some area of their game missing to prevent them being like Dani Alves at his peak - either not good enough offensively, or defensively, or injury prone. I ended up with Nelson Semedo to rotate with him after 1 season of Valencia (who performs well enough).

Tousart would be a great signing as well as Chiesa! Kanté would rather be used as a BBM-player in my tactic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BadAss88 said:

Tousart would be a great signing as well as Chiesa! Kanté would rather be used as a BBM-player in my tactic.

Yeah I've used him as SV-Su in my initial tactic, then as cover for both BBM and DLP-Su in my current one and he performs. I'd get rid of "Runs With Ball Often" if you sign him though as he doesn't have any of the necessary attributes for it. I don't think you'll necessarily find a better natural BWM than Tousart though - you'll have to search by attributes, which is why I recommended Kante. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Untitled.thumb.jpg.af2c31b06f485435f8b9d867ab2d672e.jpg

 

Decent result this.

Ended up losing the final against the scousers 1-0 with a jammy last minute goal, but managed to win the league with 101 points, and the FA Cup.

I've accepted £75mil for De Gea even though I dont want to sell him really, but he wants to leave anyway. Anyone got a suggestion for a replacement? Using Henderson at the moment, but I'm worried he doesnt have the required class to take over full time.

Edited by Jupmachine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Jupmachine said:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.af2c31b06f485435f8b9d867ab2d672e.jpg

 

Decent result this.

Ended up losing the final against the scousers 1-0 with a jammy last minute goal, but managed to win the league with 101 points, and the FA Cup.

I've accepted £75mil for De Gea even though I dont want to sell him really, but he wants to leave anyway. Anyone got a suggestion for a replacement? Using Henderson at the moment, but I'm worried he doesnt have the required class to take over full time.

Looks like the Barca players went on strike. lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/01/2019 at 19:11, Jupmachine said:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.af2c31b06f485435f8b9d867ab2d672e.jpg

 

Decent result this.

Ended up losing the final against the scousers 1-0 with a jammy last minute goal, but managed to win the league with 101 points, and the FA Cup.

I've accepted £75mil for De Gea even though I dont want to sell him really, but he wants to leave anyway. Anyone got a suggestion for a replacement? Using Henderson at the moment, but I'm worried he doesnt have the required class to take over full time.

Why would you sell De Gea? (he's probably the best keeper in the game.)

Replacing you're talking someone like Ter-Stegen, Oblak, etc who would cost more than £75 mil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 05/01/2019 at 12:11, Jupmachine said:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.af2c31b06f485435f8b9d867ab2d672e.jpg

 

Decent result this.

Ended up losing the final against the scousers 1-0 with a jammy last minute goal, but managed to win the league with 101 points, and the FA Cup.

I've accepted £75mil for De Gea even though I dont want to sell him really, but he wants to leave anyway. Anyone got a suggestion for a replacement? Using Henderson at the moment, but I'm worried he doesnt have the required class to take over full time.

De Gea has won me points almost single-handedly. I’m not even considering selling him but, I guess, if he wants to leave and won’t renew his contract I may have to at some point.

Edited by Stuniverse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Middle of second season 

GK - Keep De Gea (Sold Romero 14m & Grant 1.1m West Ham) - Bought Fruchtl as a Backup, Loaned Henderson Out 

Centre Defence - De Ligt, Gimenez £49m, Upencamo (23m) & Lindelof , Jones (Sold Smalling £35m Juve & Bailly £50m Barca, Rojo £28m

RB/LB - Tierney £28m , Dayot, Valencia, Shaw, Maffeo, Guerierro (Sold young £12m) 

DM - Tonali, Matic - Fellanni £24m

CM - Pogba (C) Dele Alli (87m) Havertz, Perriera - Sold Herrera £30m - Lazio,  Sold Fred £39m Shanggang

AMC - Assensio(£70m - Golden Boot), Joao Felix, (Sold Lingard £91m - Arsenal) (Mata Lyon £30m) 

AMR/L - Mbappe £147 (£85m +indorsements , Martial, Lozano £11m, Sanchez, Rashford

ST - Lukkaka , Silva 

Budget first season £80m - Won Leaugue runner up champions league 

Second Season £120m  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/01/2019 at 15:04, zlatanera said:

What wages did you have him on? I was tried to negotiate to get him on a free but he was wanting to match the ridiculous £875k/week he was on and I decided I didn't want a 33 year old making more than my top-paid player (Pogba on £350k/week). I mean, I'm sure if I put all my budgets towards wages I could get him (got like £400m transfer budget and £700k spare wages how its set right now) but like @xenqi I'm more likely to go for Mbappe, even though Messi would be an improvement in a position where there's room for improvement (As a wide playmaker ahead of Havertz and Gomes) whereas Mbappe would be keeping out one of Martial or Rashford in a striker position. 

Plus, I'd never manage PSG but would consider managing Barcelona, so makes more sense to blow my money on Mbappe

450k per week - massive signing on fee & agent fee though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LaurentBlanc said:

Middle of second season 

GK - Keep De Gea (Sold Romero 14m & Grant 1.1m West Ham) - Bought Fruchtl as a Backup, Loaned Henderson Out 

Centre Defence - De Ligt, Gimenez £49m, Upencamo (23m) & Lindelof , Jones (Sold Smalling £35m Juve & Bailly £50m Barca, Rojo £28m

RB/LB - Tierney £28m , Dayot, Valencia, Shaw, Maffeo, Guerierro (Sold young £12m) 

DM - Tonali, Matic - Fellanni £24m

CM - Pogba (C) Dele Alli (87m) Havertz, Perriera - Sold Herrera £30m - Lazio,  Sold Fred £39m Shanggang

AMC - Assensio(£70m - Golden Boot), Joao Felix, (Sold Lingard £91m - Arsenal) (Mata Lyon £30m) 

AMR/L - Mbappe £147 (£85m +indorsements , Martial, Lozano £11m, Sanchez, Rashford

ST - Lukkaka , Silva 

Budget first season £80m - Won Leaugue runner up champions league 

Second Season £120m  

How tf did you sell rojo for 28, young for 12, fellani for 24, fred for 39, LINGARD FOR 91?!?!?!?! jesus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BigV said:

How tf did you sell rojo for 28, young for 12, fellani for 24, fred for 39, LINGARD FOR 91?!?!?!?! jesus

😂😂 no idea!!! Sold lingard for £80 upfront 20% next sale and £11 add ons!! He went on to play 4 games 1 assist and broke his ankle 🙈 he did have a brilliant season prior - Scored 15 Goals 13 assists in the league playing 4-2-3-1 

Will send the stats and information over later.. Young £12m to Newcastle 

Fred to shanggang China - Easy money 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigV said:

How tf did you sell rojo for 28, young for 12, fellani for 24, fred for 39, LINGARD FOR 91?!?!?!?! jesus

Selling felliani and rojo is fairly easy.

I sold them in jan of the 1st season. Got 20mil for rojo from Napoli and 24mil from Lyon for Fellaini.

I’ve also sold Fred in the summer after the 1st season to palace for 42mil, which was quite surprising, managed to negotiate them up from their original offer of 26mil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BigV said:

How tf did you sell rojo for 28, young for 12, fellani for 24, fred for 39, LINGARD FOR 91?!?!?!?! jesus

😂😂 no idea!!! Sold lingard for £80 upfront 20% next sale and £11 add ons!! He went on to play 4 games 1 assist and broke his ankle 🙈 he did have a brilliant season prior - Scored 15 Goals 13 assists in the league playing 4-2-3-1 

Will send the stats and information over later.. Young £12m to Newcastle 

Fred to shanggang China - Easy money 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LaurentBlanc said:

 

3FF7D7DD-0B2F-4AF5-8B51-B173608A9702.jpeg

Did this game add a "get the CFO of opposing club drunk and coerce him into accepting your offer" feature? That Smalling deal is unreal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, MatthewS17 said:

Did this game add a "get the CFO of opposing club drunk and coerce him into accepting your offer" feature? That Smalling deal is unreal. 

😂😂 I personally think the scouts got the wrong shirt number from smalling to De Ligt...

smalling stats 18/19 - 30 games overall - 1 Goal (Possibly Own) 0 assist 72% passing - 7.29 ratings 

Lingard - 46 Games - 18 Goals - 11 assists - 5 POM - 7.38 rating 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BadAss88 said:

How does Lukaku perform?

Good First season - 35 games - 28 Goals 

second season - 22 games 17 goals 

Tried signing Greizmann instead of Mbappe but he wanted £875k p/w + 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So been a little while since updated.

But season 1 is finished, it wasn't a bad season but unfortunately due to my tactic not really working, we just weren't scoring goals in the 1st 2/3 of the season, which meant we kind of struggled in the league, eventually finishing 3rd.

2086799283_season1.thumb.png.e797d47d9e068d1748a2a765332e3d3c.png

However the last 1/3 of the season was good, I tweaked the tactics and the goals started to flow, plus we started dominating possession as well. This meant we got to the fa cup final playing Man city, we had an awful record against them but...…

2004112705_facupseason1.thumb.png.da07b63a387ec6d8694d1d7eb04c53f4.png

We won the fa cup so finished the 1st season with a trophy.

Champs league and Carabao cup, we lost in the semi final of both, with Man city winning both comps.

So although we struggled a little in the league, struggled to score for majority of the season, we won a trophy and after tweaks of my tactics, we now play some good stuff, always win the possession stat and now score plenty of goals, so overall I was satisfied and ready to push on in season 2.

Onwards to season 2

Here are my transfers

677602744_season2transfers.thumb.png.c50840595336780d2565fcafad8f809d.png

Koulibaly and Bailey are 2 players I brought last time and enjoyed using so decided would be the only 2 players I brought again. Semedo for 12 mil is and absolute bargain, and Goretzka is someone I've always liked but never brought.

I was happy with the players I sold, I had to pay 100k of Sanchez's wages but apart from that everyone went out pretty easy. Smalling was also released, and Jones is out on loan until the end of his contract. Getting 42mil for Fred was great.

My best 11 and tactics for season 2 are:

321031408_1st11tactics.thumb.png.0add35aa35c3c9d9ce558905e8221506.png

Some of the youngster have done well, Chong in particular has been good, and will look to continue their development. But so far Rashford, Bailey and Pogba have been the standouts. Lindelöf and Koulibaly have formed a great partnership, but 4 signings have been great and fitted in well.

We are doing well so far, 2nd in the league after 13 games, with Liverpool top again. We lost to Liverpool early in the season which was annoying but since then, we have been on a great run.

120550012_runofcleansheets.thumb.png.f035f530ff2138e050b646ca571a4deb.png

13 games without conceding since that loss. De Gea has played 11 of those, with Henderson playing the other 2. The fixture list has been kind, which has obviously helped but we have taken full advantage of that. We have a tricky December coming though, playing city at home, then Everton, Chelsea and spurs away, along with Aresnal in the quarters of the carabao cup.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sedge11 said:

negotiate them up from their original offer of 26mil.

Wow some good negotiating lol, full amount or add ons? 

4 hours ago, LaurentBlanc said:

😂😂 no idea!!! Sold lingard for £80 upfront 20% next sale and £11 add ons!! He went on to play 4 games 1 assist and broke his ankle 🙈 he did have a brilliant season prior - Scored 15 Goals 13 assists in the league playing 4-2-3-1 

Will send the stats and information over later.. Young £12m to Newcastle 

Fred to shanggang China - Easy money 

Lol typical fm fashion, selling someone decent to not be played again or gets madly injured that ruins their career. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I felt inspired to start a Man Utd save around mid November when it was quite clear it had gone a bit Pete Tong for Mourinho.

So this is how it went. :)

9338f9405ebc348290d33933a9e6d5c67a57cd90

321b1c5a0a4774a766116d8a47ac780c3283d800

A lot of business done, in and out. Probably too much in all honesty leading to a really poor start to the season, resulting in me only just keeping my job :eek:.

 

12dfde6530e5eb524fc075cad510b02291b88c2b

 

bdbeab86eeea902ba581720d5e58d936b44cd98c

 

OUT:

f5637c58d60ba4eda73f2f9564f0f6988b7383df

IN:

d8517a1588ccdc8edb5d026676c54b1ba1f44fac


ef4625be1fbc7783ff128f33cfbdd1393bb273ad

a51b7c4305bb458c9ddd001336530b10d279dba9

d319bc5d6d81e2e4b21232984b3b293fb43114ec

A fantastic end to the first season, winning both the league and the FA Cup. Very lucky to win the league with 80 points I might add, to win the league by 3 goals was stressful to say the least.

De Gea and Pogba both want to leave because I've sold Phil Jones, as if anybody could possibly be annoyed by selling Phil Jones.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Half season update, the league is a walk in the park, only drawn one game so far. Lingard is smashing to so far, no intention of selling him at all.

Scoring and keeping clean sheets is going well.

Look at the aggregate score against Arsenal in the semis of the carabao. Across the 3 games we have contested, I am 18-5 up on aggregate. 

 

it is a tad boring, but I will keep it going until the final patch comes out I think.

 

Untitled3.png

Untitled2.png

Untitled.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know how but Phil Jones's become a beast in my save.
He was my favourite a few years ago but I didn't expect this when I started FM19.
Always got 9 - 10 Training rating, almost injury-free in 2.5 seasons, scores a few goal from corners and no major mistake.

FM Phil Jones 2020.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LagunaMP said:

I don't know how but Phil Jones's become a beast in my save.

Ngl he's really overrated on fm and has been for a long time. English players seem to have a solid structure on their attributes. Even smalling seems like a God if you play him as a first team. Personally I always keep jones cause he usually does what your scrn shot does and ends up increasing his price and then sell him on for either tuanzebe or buy someone else. Chelsea seem to want him although his mental stats really kill him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, BigV said:

Ngl he's really overrated on fm and has been for a long time. English players seem to have a solid structure on their attributes. Even smalling seems like a God if you play him as a first team. Personally I always keep jones cause he usually does what your scrn shot does and ends up increasing his price and then sell him on for either tuanzebe or buy someone else. Chelsea seem to want him although his mental stats really kill him.

I planned to sell him in 2 or 3 years after I bought some good defenders. He has been a good rotation option in early seasons but even now I don't want to sell him (at least in third season). He has Home-Grown and if I sell him the fans and other players would become unhappy. Below is my other CB, Smalling wanted a new challenge so I happily let him go to Juventus. Then Real Maldrid swooped in and gave me an offer I could not refuse (44m for Lindelof - 30.5m upfront). The only CB I want atm is De Ligt but Chelsea won't sell him easily.

FM Phil Jones 2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For a 3 months I tried to gain WP for Bailly, in the news they tell me that tomorrow will be decision date and nothing happen. I try with some regen and he gain WP after one day. So they didn't turn Bailly down they didn't give him WP - I just don't have any answer.

edit: Yes, I try to gain WP only after the news that has passed 120 days after last time I try.

Edited by milan_manutd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been having an absolute blast doing a youth development save with United. Well worth a go, if you guys fancy more of a challenge!

 

Screenshot 2019-01-13 at 12.44.27.png

Edited by Spiegel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just hit an international break, in March 2021, sending 28 players on international duty. Got to my next game, away to Fulham, went to pick my team only to realise i still have 28 players on international duty... They've basically scheduled this fixture (no other PL games) on the exact same day most of the European nations had WC Qualifiers!! 
My only first-team players were DDG, Tierney, Lindelof (89% condition) & Herrera. Even then, De Gea & Lindelof played WCQ's 48hrs earlier, and all of the reserves/kids who i'd likely give a game at the end of the season, they had a midweek game too, something i'd have sorted out had i known they'd done this. 

I somehow ended up winning it though, 1-0 with a 89th winner from Herrera :D but i had to give 7 players shirt numbers, and Greenwood was the only non-first team player who's already made his first team debut. The starting XI had 4x 2-star, and 2x 1.5-star players, and 2 of those were mid-70s for match sharpness. 

The funny thing is the only thing that bothered me about this mess was that i have won 26 consecutive league games and this looked certain to put an end to it. All the usual suspects have been dropping points to mid-table dross since November, while i've only dropped 4 points all season. So the title isnt at threat, but that run was.
I still somehow managed to lose both legs in the LC to Spurs, 3-2 & 0-1. No idea what went wrong, no injury crisis, first team out... just couldnt stop them. That away leg is the only game all season where i'd scored and not won.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PaulC2K said:

I've just hit an international break, in March 2021, sending 28 players on international duty. Got to my next game, away to Fulham, went to pick my team only to realise i still have 28 players on international duty... They've basically scheduled this fixture (no other PL games) on the exact same day most of the European nations had WC Qualifiers!! 
My only first-team players were DDG, Tierney, Lindelof (89% condition) & Herrera. Even then, De Gea & Lindelof played WCQ's 48hrs earlier, and all of the reserves/kids who i'd likely give a game at the end of the season, they had a midweek game too, something i'd have sorted out had i known they'd done this. 

I somehow ended up winning it though, 1-0 with a 89th winner from Herrera :D but i had to give 7 players shirt numbers, and Greenwood was the only non-first team player who's already made his first team debut. The starting XI had 4x 2-star, and 2x 1.5-star players, and 2 of those were mid-70s for match sharpness. 

The funny thing is the only thing that bothered me about this mess was that i have won 26 consecutive league games and this looked certain to put an end to it. All the usual suspects have been dropping points to mid-table dross since November, while i've only dropped 4 points all season. So the title isnt at threat, but that run was.
I still somehow managed to lose both legs in the LC to Spurs, 3-2 & 0-1. No idea what went wrong, no injury crisis, first team out... just couldnt stop them. That away leg is the only game all season where i'd scored and not won.

Allegedly rigged games. I've tested it out many times on this fm to picking an away game where no matter what you lose or draw 9 times out of 10. And that moment you win or draw someone gets injured or it massively gets your team cocky so your next games are rough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BigV said:

Allegedly rigged games

No such thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, i cant imagine it has anything designed to bring you down a peg or 2. 
Im coming to the end of the 3rd season, theres been 13 competitions i could have won, and i've failed to win only 2 of them (P180, W155, D18, L7). The game has had plenty of reasons to smack me back down to earth.

Looking at the match info from the Spurs defeat, the first leg away we were unlucky to lose 3-2, the home leg we conceded in the 13th minute and i now recall going too aggressive & desperate. Too arrogant. 
Over the 2 games, we had 65 shots (25 & 40) but only 21 on target (11 & 10). They had 7 shots on target total. It happens, but im pretty sure i could have handled it far better and not treated them like some 3rd-tier club i could walk all over and overload.

Sometimes you get beat by better sides, by mistakes or misfortune, but other times you get beat by your own stupidity. Im pretty sure they scored their goals counter-attacking, and instead of identifying that, i told them to attack more, then stuck an extra striker on.
If you look at todays game against Spurs, we won playing with pretty much that same approach, however Spurs saw their weakness after we'd hurt them, and that limited our chances in the 2nd half and kept their dominance. I didnt do that, i let them continue thinking i'll just out-score them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What role is everyone using Pogba in? I'm using him in and Advance Playmaker Attack role on the left of a midfield 3, team is doing well but he isn't pulling up any trees in terms of individual performances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, warlock said:

No such thing.

Reason I said allegedly but its a personal opinion. 

2 hours ago, simonbyrneno.4 said:

What role is everyone using Pogba in? I'm using him in and Advance Playmaker Attack role on the left of a midfield 3, team is doing well but he isn't pulling up any trees in terms of individual performances.

I've used him the same as you, i've tried box to box but he aint that good as he's not the pinnacle of your attacking moves. Roaming playmaker seems decent enough and will probably use him as that the next season in. Cm attack is also a good move but he doesn't act like a playmaker, more of an attacking mid rather than playmaker. But the long shot thing really hightens him, got him to score 17 goals in 7 games cause his long shot is like 17-19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...