Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

1 hour ago, knap said:

Like with any tactic you can game manage.

Drop both LOE and DL by 1 notch

Drop mentality positive balanced

Drop mentality Defensive reduce Fwd runs on WBs

Add TW WBs defensive/no nonsense FBs untick counter press

Those change tactic from attacking to a SUS.

Hey, man, I'm new... what is a SUS? Thanks!

Sorry, @knap, I saw latest answer just now, I did understand it now, thanks!

Edited by Darren77

• Replies 37.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They should all be working. Northern Soul is slightly different because it was an attempt to make WBs pass in the first ME. Therefore these settings may not work as well in 20.2.

30 minutes ago, diegosanchez said:

I am receiving a lot of yellow cards, is it how its supposed to be? I have 175 yellow cards and 5 red cards in 43 games played, in the league my team has 20 more yellow cards than the second worst discipline team. 

It's because of the "Get stuck in" team instruction and I believe a lot of individual players have "tackle harder" as well.

so by default, yes, the tactics will make you have the most yellow cards of all teams.

FM arena began to test tactics accordingly to patch 20.2 . At the moment they just tested 4-1-3-2 ( p112) it seems that still works but statistics decreased. For example average goals against per match was 1.191 and now average goals against per match is 1.737 ( overall statistic for underdog and top team) that cause average points per match decreased to 1.743 from 2.125.  we should also wait for the other test result .

Edited by Maygical

Having amazing success with Sympathy 4-4-2, screenshots attached. Playing as Manchester United.

1st season - PL winners, Europa League winners (knocked out of League Cup in semis & FA Cup early on)

2nd season - Community Shield & European Super Winners so far.

Transfers - screenshots here again, I disable 1st window transfers.

1stXI.png

2ndXI.png

Jude.png

League19.png

League20.png

NineNil.png

Transfers19.png

Transfers20.png

I'm Spurs and using: FM205WULF4141SPKnapP101ECFACC.fmf

League table before Liverpool game:

83be079b513946651175576d9bc0f135.png

Then this happens:

5ee94bf12204db8cc185075d01e51355.jpg

All gone a little bit weird with the new patch as well, since I played today. Struggling to score, but have 10-20 shots on target most games, where the opposition have much less but score very often. Anyone else experiencing this?

il y a 21 minutes, Jimborelli a dit :

Having amazing success with Sympathy 4-4-2, screenshots attached. Playing as Manchester United.

1st season - PL winners, Europa League winners (knocked out of League Cup in semis & FA Cup early on)

2nd season - Community Shield & European Super Winners so far.

Transfers - screenshots here again, I disable 1st window transfers.

1stXI.png

2ndXI.png

Jude.png

League19.png

League20.png

NineNil.png

Transfers19.png

Transfers20.png

You re on latest patch mate? any tweaks you did on original tactic? cheers

@GlassyThe away game at Liverpool was always an odd (bad) result during many of my tests (simulating seasons with different knap tactics) before the patch as well.
However, it looks like the AI can score more easily now against these tactics (people's general feedback/ early test results seem to indicate this)

Edited by DavyDepuydt1

2 minutes ago, steve dewilde said:

You re on latest patch mate? any tweaks you did on original tactic? cheers

Latest patch and no tweaks to the tactic - sometimes I might take "get stuck in" off if I have too many yellows but that's always in game.

55 minutes ago, steve dewilde said:

Indeed same for the 4321 IF are awefull..

I wouldnt say awful its still good but just need little tweaks i guess

and passes from center is look like superior but i didnt play much games knap probably figure it out (:

Edited by Grancher

1 hour ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

@GlassyThe away game at Liverpool was always an odd (bad) result during many of my tests (simulating seasons with different knap tactics) before the patch as well.
However, it looks like the AI can score more easily now against these tactics (people's general feedback/ early test results seem to indicate this)

Bizarre why this happens so often with these patches. It's incredibly frustrating. 

1 hour ago, Grancher said:

Hi knap did you tried 442Sympathy* after new update feels like need update especially wingers and mezzela

I'm having a very frustrating time with this tactic....Newcastle 7th in Prem so that's not bad on paper. Thing is I am amazing at home (beat City, beat Chelsea, put 4 past Man U) but can't buy a result away from home. Just got tonked 5-0 by Norwich at Carrow Road. Currently midway through season 1. Latest patch.

A few test results puts the order as follows

WULF 4132 (FM 19 P112)                               265

SYMPATHY 442                                               254

SYMPATHY 4222                                           

SICILIAN DEFENCE 4222                                225

SYMPATHY 4222 VOL 2

WULF 4132

GOODBYE 4132

WULF 442

ARGUS 352                                                   208

BLUE MATTER 433 DM                              208

BLUE MATTER 433                                    200

4231                                                           199

WULF 424 

I would add TEQUILA SUNRISE  to  list

Edited by knap

1 hour ago, knap said:

A few test results puts the order as follows

WULF 4132 (FM 19 P112)

SYMPATHY 442

SYMPATHY 4222

SICILIAN DEFENCE 4222

SYMPATHY 4222 VOL 2

WULF 4132

GOODBYE 4132

WULF 442

ARGUS 352

BLUE MATTER 433

WULF 424 

I would add TEQUILA SUNRISE  to  list

WULF 4132 (FM 19 P112) is still the first one in list in first page?

This one, to be clear:

RECOMMENDED LIST

WULF

4132 WULF P102 (Top Sub top underdog)

FM20WULF4132PFDMIWBSPKnapP112ALLCUPSNOLOSSFM20P102ECCC.fmf45.22 kB

Edited by Darren77

4 minutes ago, knap said:

Another option for difficult away games is to use SICILIAN DEFENCE or ARGUS 352

I found that if I untick the offside trap, I concede less trough ball and less goals (I think, but maybe it was just that two games that I played like this)

I'm talking about WULF 4132

Edited by Darren77

35 minutes ago, Darren77 said:

I found that if I untick the offside trap, I concede less trough ball and less goals (I think, but maybe it was just that two games that I played like this)

This worked for me aswell (super small 6 games sample size tho and only vs teams that were only little better than me not a lot, but I conceded way less)

Edited by maxmaster5000

30 minutes ago, Darren77 said:

Same for me.

I don't use shouts in testing but they may or may not be of benefit.

If you have a good AM they may be of benefit but if he lacks skills perhaps avoid.

Edited by knap

3 hours ago, maxmaster5000 said:

This worked for me aswell (super small 6 games sample size tho and only vs teams that were only little better than me not a lot, but I conceded way less)

I take back my statement, a bit bigger sample size now with 20 games played and I reverted the change, it isn't as good as on last patch but I don't think taking off off side will fix this. At least not for the Sympathy vol 2 (which is still the best working tactic for me), for the 4 132 I don't see the offside trap worse or better than without so ye. Just wanted to correct my earlier statement

I've been using 4132 WULF P102 with Arsenal and it's been very successful, for the most part.

However, I've found the wingers struggle to perform and I'm unsure what type of players I should be looking to play there. The tactics designation is Defensive Wingers, which are almost non-existent. On top of that, the vast majority of wingers, particularly at the top end, tend to be Inside Forwards or Inverted Wingers which is an issue as, to my understanding at least, the ML/MR positions appear to ask for same-side footed players. Any advice?

18 minutes ago, Cry havoc said:

The tactics designation is Defensive Wingers, which are almost non-existent. On top of that, the vast majority of wingers, particularly at the top end, tend to be Inside Forwards or Inverted Wingers which is an issue as, to my understanding at least, the ML/MR positions appear to ask for same-side footed players. Any advice?

Knap should really answer this one. But ive seen him use normal wingers there. Many different types actually.

Im guessing that players who can cross, drible, and tackle would do well, as the role is like " pressing winger".
They should try to win the ball and defensive stats would help here, when they have it the should go to the byline and cross. So perhaps a complete fullback who can play ml/mr??

At least in my opinion it would be fun to test and see if these types of players did better than normal wingers. For Arsenal Jose Gaya/Alex Telles om ML, And Riccardo Pereira/Koke on the right. Or one could just be Liverpool, they have about the 7 best for theese roles :lol:

Edited by Rober82

I hadn't considered trying WBs instead of Wingers, might give that a try in the future.

I will say that it's very odd to me that the 4132 tactic has been the strongest in testing, I would have expected tactics that use AMR/L to be a much better fit for most teams and the top end of the database as a whole. Going to try the 4231 next and see how that goes, it certainly looks like a better fit for the Arsenal squad on a new start.

18 minutes ago, Cry havoc said:

I will say that it's very odd to me that the 4132 tactic has been the strongest in testing, I would have expected tactics that use AMR/L to be a much better fit for most teams and the top end of the database as a whole.

Its tested better because it concedes less. Scored goals is about the same or less as some others, namely sicillian and sympathy knapzaip vol2.

But now i see that the 4222 knapzaip leipzig with two volantes has tested better than the 4132, so im giving this ago. 2 goals less conceded, and 19 (!) more scored over 42 games.
Best tactic tested on FMbase right now. So im back with that one.

i have tried all tactics since they updated the patch it none of them work i am having 30+  shots a game and barley scoring 1 in like 4 games my fc are not scoring at all the update seems to of broken all knap tactics for me 

Edited by anguskhan

I have found that after a few more games, although the tactics are not performing as well as they did pre-patch.

With a couple of tweaks they do perform nearly as well.

Home:-
I use sympathyforthedevil, with no tweaks and I am still winning the majority of games - However it does not work away.

Away:-
I use 4141.
I play start every game balanced or cautious (depending on media prediction) and set the Defensive Line to standard.
I am now performing much better away and drawing/winning majority of games.