Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With top clubs the tactics on the recommended list should all still work, as I've seen nothing to suggest there are any issues with the set ups. FM 19 was dominated by Long throws and perhaps short corners. For FM 20 it is probably  worthwhile changing these to other set ups.

If you have problems it is also worthwhile trying Gegenpress settings.

1 hour ago, knap said:

With top clubs the tactics on the recommended list should all still work, as I've seen nothing to suggest there are any issues with the set ups. FM 19 was dominated by Long throws and perhaps short corners. For FM 20 it is probably  worthwhile changing these to other set ups.

If you have problems it is also worthwhile trying Gegenpress settings.

What/where is the recommended list?

Sorry if it's a stupid question but I didn't play much FM19.

It is the same tactic as FM 19 with long throws back to default and 6 yd box corner and no distribution for GK but still to FBs. I've not decided yet what are the best options are for SPs.

It is the FM 19 tactic with a few SP tweaks.

For the Beta any tactic on recommended list should work. What does not work is the long throw,

Edited by knap

I am getting better results without using a LT.  Maybe better marking in PL and  a greater tendency to loose possession. One reason for using a short corner is to keep possession better although I doubt AI players is 10 yds due to immediate closing down and tackling.

I would expect when the real ME arrives on 19th the tactics will need tweaking.

I would use the FM 19 tactic from last year as Soviet. If starting a main save and the FM 19 is not working for you I will PM a tweaked version but they are not fully tested.

16 minutes ago, knap said:

I would use the FM 19 tactic from last year as Soviet. If starting a main save and the FM 19 is not working for you I will PM a tweaked version but they are not fully tested.

What would you recommend I use for qpr in championship bud??

17 minutes ago, knap said:

I wouldn't mind testing them tbh.  I prefer the 442 formation.  I enjoyed great success with your 442's on FM19.  If you could PM me that would be cool.

Thanks

I used !!!!!!!19.3.6UNPLUGGED442WAFKnapP102ALLCUPS had great success with Man U and Marseille.  I prefer Wingers and AF for strikers over PF's.  I always start my saved games as Newcastle (not the strongest of teams).  There was more chances created on FM19 in comparison to FM20.  It seems that Wing play seems to be better in FM20 based on what others have said and what formations are available.  I have always been a fan of your tactics and enjoy a good 442.

9 minutes ago, knap said:

Which 442 did you use?

Any feedback on comparison between how the same tactic performs in FM 20 would be useful.

What did you use for QPR last year?

I’ve never managed qpr but looking for something that will get me steady results and improve the club gradually 

Well @knap, i have to say the 4132 no loss is still working really well on beta.
I never used it in FM 19, never giving up on the 442 PFPWM112. Hell i liked the 19.3.4 version so good i never even bothered updating to 19.3.5 one.
Pressing in 4132 giving the opp lots of problems and they often loose the ball inn midfield, which we exploit really good.
Game against Leicester in SS almost perfect, them having 0 shots at all until we got a bit tired in the 80 minute and went from attacking to balanced mentality.

No tweaks. Switching from att, to balanced when leading with 2 goals. Or 1 if against top team.
Off course there is no instant result, so my in game management skills with motivation may be throwing it a bit off here.:lol:

image.png

2019-11-04.png

I would still follow the FM 19 Recommended list.

There are a couple of tweaks I am making which have improved results compared to just the FM 19 tactic, but still testing the best options.