Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies if this has already been asked but I couldn't find anything.

I've been looking at the 424, however my players are currently IFs that I use from your 4231. Is it possible to get an IF version or to change the Wingers to IFs and not lose any of the tactics effectiveness at all?

If not, then I will have to bite the bullet and retrain my left footed players to left wing etc.

Generally changing roles will make the tactic less effective. You probably do not need to re train players but it is an option.

Also a 442 would be a better option than 424.

Edited by knap

Knap i am running the long term save with your p09 all cups. I am using geniescout to scout players best suited for the role.

But you say its okay just to scout for position cause that will make scouting a lot easier.

and i must say 442 is really lovely to watch, great plays.

In essence you are looking for the best talent for these positions (with Genie you can use CA/PA and positional ratings on right hand side) You can adjust positional ratings for your own Club DNA, and would be a useful tool to have in game)

GK

WBs (more attacking orientated than FBs)

CDs

WBs

MC D can be a DM/MC

MC A can be MC/AP

FS 

Screenshot of how Genie shows positions.

Because Genie shows CA PA if you need more info on Genie best to PM me.

Screenshot (2024).png

9 minutes ago, Cadoni said:

Just landed to PEC Zwolle. Year 2051, near my retirement.

Two days prep for a match with PSV. Plug this new one and...

knap_442_new.png

2051 does not reflect the real state of this tactic

Think I will use the new DLP/MEZ in tandem with the double Mez one as a home\away duo.

Had a few troubles away from home and seeing some games out in my first season in the Prem with Leicester, but I'm still right in the title race. 

image.thumb.png.d5d04a66c1f638fff5e81ee17b30447e.png

Fingers Crossed ....

Edited by Jamieac

If some knapa tactics do not work for you try to change the mentality from offensive to positive / standard. Let me now give you an example of the same matches against Bournemouth ... Playing offensive tactics I lost, and when I changed the same tactics to the standard I won and it was 6-1

I test other roles, but it is often a combination that works and that has to be done playing games. Also I do not use a test league that controls variables. If you can set up a test league like that, and have a powerful computer you could test many combinations.

Takers are either set up or I leave it blank. SPs have to work with tactic but I am trying various different options as the game is overriding the set up, which can leave one on ones or no player as the short option.

Sadly wasn't to be this season

image.thumb.png.1f5735f101e8ace86ee7287dd80eac7c.png

Got ridiculously unlucky. Arsenal to win their first title since the invincibles and the most clean sheets :rolleyes: top trolling lol  

Got hit with huge injuries to star players. Both my top striker and defender plus a few others in the middle of this fixture pile up at the end of the season 

image.thumb.png.956329beea2547939c5f90a26763ac1b.png

Disappointed my team bottled it but i'm sure we will crack it next year. 

11 hours ago, knap said:

I test other roles, but it is often a combination that works and that has to be done playing games. Also I do not use a test league that controls variables. If you can set up a test league like that, and have a powerful computer you could test many combinations.

Cheers Knap, finding the 442 inconsistent with Dortmund but think it's the strikers not being lethal enough & the central defenders getting done for speed. Is that something you've noticed affects the tactic?

I repeat, if your knap tactics do not work (in my opinion they are one of the best), change mentality to positive / standard ... Note that he is testing his tactics at MU or Liverpool, where you can play offensively because they are known for good defensive.

1 hour ago, matiz96 said:

I repeat, if your knap tactics do not work (in my opinion they are one of the best), change mentality to positive / standard ... Note that he is testing his tactics at MU or Liverpool, where you can play offensively because they are known for good defensive.

Great tip! Followed your advice, set mentality to standard and transformed a mediocre Greek side (Atromitos) into world beaters with zero transfers. Cheers guys!

Thunk I may try traditional wingers this season. Inverted didn't really work as much for me in the PL like they did in the Scottish league.

Probably due to the quality of defenders reading the cut ins better. 

Plus i've found the through balls expected using inverted are few and far between due to strikers movement being a bit weak in this years FM 

Will report back if it improves my results. 

oke thanks,

So what is a decent tactic if i want to play with 2 strikers instead of 3??

I played FM 18 a lot with 3 strikers, but i heard that FM19 is better with 2 strikers..

First season using p109 I won the championship with 101p and won Champions League 4-0 against Real Madrid, used p103 and p106 in the early of the season till October where I switched to p109. Very solid tactic Knap.

1819championship.thumb.png.0a778a0f1619f598005ee49db2db55b5.png

No OI, pre match briefing for my assistant, individual training set for the very same role the players plays in match (eg: Salah is the Pressing Forward and Firmino the Poacher and I never switch them so I set the individual training accordingly). Everything else is just about plug and play. I also use the tip given by matiz96 wich is change mentality to positive / standard in match when i'm dominated or very exposed to counter attacks and it works like a charm to hold the score or push the other team to leave more space to score.

Now I'll try to win the PL and C1 again with the FA Cup where I lost against MU this year.

I did not post target man as I would avoid that type of striker. Fast forwards tend to work best and the role is generally unimportant.

The top tactics are considered to be

P109 ALL CUPS SP (Top and Sub)

P108 no loss 4411 (top)

P106 ALL CUPS 442 (top)

P103 ECCC 442 (Good for underdogs_

PILGRIMAGE 4141 (Good for underdogs)

The 4141 is P102EC but there are updated versions of this the latest being P107

!!!!FM19.3PILGRIMAGE4141KnapP102EC (1).fmf 44.08 kB · 16 downloads

P108 4411 No Loss is latest version

!!!!!FM19.3.4BEOWULF4411KnapP108ALLCUPSnoloss.fmf 45.25 kB · 19 downloads

Thank you. Played a frustrating 4141 first season and struggled.  Thought I might switch to a 442 b/c that seems to be tactic of choice for them once I put it on vacation for a match.

Seems like it makes sense to try the P103 ECCC 442 (Good for underdogs_ 

since I will rarely be favored.

442 seems to be the best tactic so far this year and this is a pretty good tactic overall in real life I still don't understand why people are trying to build 433 or other complex and risky tactics.

P103 ECCC seems to be a good choice for Fulham but the P109 is also a beast if you play a bit with mentality and have enough subs because this tactic is very demanding physicaly and you'll got a lot of yellow cards.

Anyway, straight forward start of season 2 using plug-and-play'ed P109 :)

season2.thumb.png.7c9a47084cf8b50520ef1df1749de6b8.png

comps2.thumb.png.b79289715bbbdbcd695972430a41b9f7.png

16 minutes ago, MikaGenevaz said:

442 seems to be the best tactic so far this year and this is a pretty good tactic overall in real life I still don't understand why people are trying to build 433 or other complex and risky tactics.

Because it's boring to see the same 4-4-2 all the time, especially since it's not a widely used tactic by the best managers. Sadly that's just the way the match engine works. Maybe next year we'll be back to 3-4-3