Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Zicos1874 said:

Don’t usually post but had to message Knap  that his tactic with Man U I managed to get over 160 goals in the league with haland got 85 goals in all comps. Superb stuff. 

can i ask which one i cant seem to find the man utd one

was it a 433?

40 minutes ago, bendixkunert2 said:

4321 Tea for One Oxford P103 best tactic I've tested.  Holidayed through the season without preseason. Can only recommend this tactic.

What ID in google-sheet? (there are two different Tea for One Oxford 4321 with 103p.) 

Edited by Augustin1979

6 hours ago, knap said:

FM 20.4.1

BEOWULF 442 W AF VOL 3 POSITIVE P103 ALL CUPS

Salah scored a few goals.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!FM20.4.1BEOWULF442WAFKnapVOL3POSP103ALLCUPS.fmf 45.04 kB · 202 downloads

303639905_Screenshot(1193).thumb.png.7772b270b8a0c4456eb5958ff9d68cac.png1731646804_Screenshot(1194).thumb.png.3c08d585b36d72f14a6201dc00d3cd0d.png1984478142_Screenshot(1195).thumb.png.59ac5aaa10350e211454e68f93999cb6.png596324708_Screenshot(1196).thumb.png.3db8712ce1dc42cc03446f2f6e079f80.png

always a big fan of the beowulf 4-4-2's so gave this a go,  its completely turned my season around, gone from 13th to fighting for a european spot :thup: thanks again as always Knap

Results Turnaround.png

I've got to say this game is the hardest version of FM I've played for years. The results are so up and down. You dominate a game, the opposition scores. You don't dominate a game, the opposition cannot score and you jag an undeserved win. You batter a team one game, the next game your team plays like it hasn't met each other.

I've tried different tactics, altering tactics, different players, different lineups and the only consistency is the inconsistency. Trying to work out why something is happening and how to counter-act it is almost impossible.

A tactic that works great, suddenly stops being effective, then becomes effective again. A player who has all the ability to perform well in his role and position cannot get it right. Defenders fail to make a simple tackle as a player runs in a straight line before battering it past your goalkeeper from 30 yards meanwhile your superstar striker manages to hit the goalkeeper/post/or go wide with the seventeen one-on-ones he gets in a game.

It's so bad it's infuriating. I'm very tempted to just pack it in because I cannot work out how to get any sort of control or consistency in the game.

3 hours ago, knap said:

@Campagna

Best I can do .

I can give direct links on Discord or FM Scout, which has my tactics and the RDF Training

Thanks  @knap , @Cadoni has sent me the FM Scout link and Youtube link.

On the other hand, I want to get the link which includes your tactics if it is easy for you.

3 hours ago, keadude said:

A player who has all the ability to perform well in his role and position cannot get it right. Defenders fail to make a simple tackle as a player runs in a straight line before battering it past your goalkeeper from 30 yards meanwhile your superstar striker manages to hit the goalkeeper/post/or go wide with the seventeen one-on-ones he gets in a game.

This is the worst part for me, and it was pretty much the same in last year's version.
I've played with numerous teams, from the depths of tier 10 of non league football all the way up to CL winners and it's the same crap defending throughout.
How a defender can just stand and watch as an opponent dribbles past them is beyond me, and then only try and track back as some sort of afterthought once the player's gone by and it's far too late.
Rearrange these words to form a relevant sentence: barn has the horse door close bolted the once.
Once your player gets into the box and is one-on-one with the GK, I find they hit it straight at them most of the time, especially if they are straight on; give them a difficult, tight angle though and they are far more likely to score.
Or just instruct players to take long shots all the time as the number of those that fly in is ridiculous.
Set pieces yet again are the easiest way to score goals.

Baaa, I wasn't going to complain about FM this year, look what you've started 😡🙄😁

Edited by Earnie is God!

Second season update. Won League 1 with Morecambe after getting promoted from League 2. Back to back promotions! ! Once again I was favorite to get relegated. I smashed the most goals record. 

Using  1490765812_!!!!!!FM20.4.1FireandWaterVOL24321OXP103EC. I removed get stuck in, i changed the mentality to positive  and changed attacking width to very narrow. Amazing tactic!! Off to the championship!

image.thumb.png.ec3d12fe540f5277b70f03964622acf5.png

Edited by Don L

6 hours ago, keadude said:

I've got to say this game is the hardest version of FM I've played for years. The results are so up and down. You dominate a game, the opposition scores. You don't dominate a game, the opposition cannot score and you jag an undeserved win. You batter a team one game, the next game your team plays like it hasn't met each other.

I've tried different tactics, altering tactics, different players, different lineups and the only consistency is the inconsistency. Trying to work out why something is happening and how to counter-act it is almost impossible.

A tactic that works great, suddenly stops being effective, then becomes effective again. A player who has all the ability to perform well in his role and position cannot get it right. Defenders fail to make a simple tackle as a player runs in a straight line before battering it past your goalkeeper from 30 yards meanwhile your superstar striker manages to hit the goalkeeper/post/or go wide with the seventeen one-on-ones he gets in a game.

It's so bad it's infuriating. I'm very tempted to just pack it in because I cannot work out how to get any sort of control or consistency in the game.

I couldn't agree more. I've had "breaks" from this FM and now don't play it much at all anymore. SI need to realise what the current football trends are, and allow people to make tactics to match real life. Look at the top teams, Liverpool, Man City, Barcelona - they all play 451/433 formation. They all domination possession (min 60%). You just can't find a tactic in that style that would consistently win.  Instead we rely on the genius that is Knap and others to come up with wacky unrealistic formations, that give us the best chance of winning, with less than 50% possession.  SI have got it so so wrong this year and need to bring it back in line with reality. I'll be staying away until such a tactic is released.

27 minutes ago, jez313 said:

I couldn't agree more. I've had "breaks" from this FM and now don't play it much at all anymore. SI need to realise what the current football trends are, and allow people to make tactics to match real life. Look at the top teams, Liverpool, Man City, Barcelona - they all play 451/433 formation. They all domination possession (min 60%). You just can't find a tactic in that style that would consistently win.  Instead we rely on the genius that is Knap and others to come up with wacky unrealistic formations, that give us the best chance of winning, with less than 50% possession.  SI have got it so so wrong this year and need to bring it back in line with reality. I'll be staying away until such a tactic is released.

Top 5 FM's for me this version, it's up there with 12,14 and 18. but people will always moan and have gripes about something.

6 minutes ago, smithy20 said:

Top 5 FM's for me this version, it's up there with 12,14 and 18. but people will always moan and have gripes about something.

That's fine if you're happy playing 2 number 10's and only having one player in midfield. For the realists, it's a problem.

48 minutes ago, jez313 said:

That's fine if you're happy playing 2 number 10's and only having one player in midfield. For the realists, it's a problem.

I'm with you on that, but every year there's an unrealistic formation that works best. 17 had strikerless, 18 had the 3 strikers etc etc. I do agree, although that tactic works, the fact it's just one CM does trigger me. I do enjoy a good downloaded tactic, but i've had enjoyable saves and succesful using a 4231, 442, 4141 and some of them created by myself but they do lack the knap overpowered killer edge.

Will also agree that creating your own long term successful tactics does seem to be tougher this year.

40 minutes ago, knap said:

@rapbot

Guide in google docs post

Hi Knap,

sorry to bother you regarding the same question, 
I'm on the google docs post, but I don't find the man marking guide.

Many thanks for your feedback in advance! 

Edited by feecek