Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

10 hours ago, Rain Man said:

First of all thanks for all the effort you guys put in this community.

I want to ask any advice on squad re-building process?

Which specific attributes to look for, is scout reports reliable, can we do our search based on position/role/duties and their key attributes etc?

@knap I know you pretty much test a tactic for a season and just keep on testing new ones but if you decide to play a long-term save somehow, can you explain your go to's in terms of re-building briefly?

@RDF Tactics From the training guide post, I know you primarily look for physical, then mental and last technical attributes. But can you explain maybe a bit more? Which attributes you look for specifically and how you judge a player's ability generally?

Thanks in advance

so a defender....if you have a defender with poor balance and strength....then positioning and tackle, no matter how good, loses its effectiveness....i can have tackling of 20, but i'f im not strong enough and have poor balance going into the tackle, i'm still likely to lose that challenge. but then, a decent determination may help, but he's just becoming more determined to win the tackle, still, likely to lose. 

if im looking for a ST, physical and mentals are most important to me...its like Haaland, he's a best. but how does he do so well with such low technique? because he's a beast physically and mentally...i like to have balance or strength so they can compete with a CB, i like acceleration, agility, off the ball, decisions, composure and anticipation....finishing is low on my list, even lower than first touch, he needs to have the ball under control before finishing

a advanced Playmaker, probably the only time i focus on physical less, and more Technical then Mental of obvious reasons. i don't expect them to do too much, and for this reason, i never use a AP lol 

but please consider, this is only my way of thinking and not a rule for FMers to go by. 

• Replies 36.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Hi guys. What's the best way of deciding which tactic is the best to use? The list on the OP seems really confusing and I'm not sure what each different name means for the tactic. Thanks!

Fire and Water 4321. take my word for it :lol: been using it for around a month, haven't touched anything since

1951257932_!!!!FM20.4.0FireandWater4321OXP101ECCC.fmf

this one has less PIs

1490765812_!!!!!!FM20.4.1FireandWaterVOL24321OXP103EC.fmf

this is the most updated version...both work great, i'm currently using the first one. 

please do try other tactics from Knap though, with correct players and situation, you'll get good results...this tactic feels more universal as i've tried it with top teams and poor teams

12 hours ago, solounamigo said:

@RDF Tactics is there any reason for using the 20.4.0 instead of the 20.4.1 version? :)

i prefer the less PIs...so when i change a TI, i don't have to change any PIs either lol. that's basically it. but other minor things, like pass shorter as PIs, i like my team to take more responsibility and use their decisions on what type of pass to make. so example, the AM has pass shorter, but i may have a AM with 17 passing, vision and decisions...he can potentially unlock defence with direct balls so don't want to limit him to shorter passing

but thats just my theory, Its FM, it may not actually work like that lol 

29 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

i got results using this training method so i shared. its nothing complicated, nothing game breaking, no exploits, just the way i did my training. but i can try and explain a bit more because i can see my people are curious, as i was when i first tried this method

Training roles and positions isn't needed, though, we assumed it was. Players will always train a position and role in training, you're not taking that away from them. giving them a specific role gives them even more training to do, which can give them too much. which, that would be counter productive.

this method doesn't guarantee you great results, it gives you better control over your players training and development 

say Troy Parrot has a PA of 200...training him on CF will spread out his attribute increases though thats not what i want. he already has good heading, finishing and technique, but what he does have is poor movement off the ball. i want to focus on that so when he does reach his PA, he's more a complete player....example, he has finishing of 15 and off the ball of 10, instead of have finishing 20 and off the ball 10...he can have finish 17 and off the ball 13

players are still likely to develop without this method, this method gives you better control.

in my experience, this method has giving me better training ratings, attribute increases rapidly and just good performances on the pitch. Thats not to say you won't win without this, thats not the case at all...i've only been training like this for a week now, i never thought i had training problems before, but now i can see what i could've done to improve things....ever since this method, i have 4 saves. Man Utd (i signed nobody for 4 years, only sold and used youth players) won the league 4 years in a row...2 seasons with Bournemouth, 1st season finished 2nd and won FA Cup, 2nd season won the league...1st season with Hoffenheim, won the league. 1st season with Brescia finished 2, 2nd season, was 2nd in Jan....1st season with Tottenham is my current save, and i'm 1st in Dec, 7 points ahead....in each of these saves, i've have come across a single player training bad. literally 0 times someone has had training ratings from training.

@Cadoni done a test, with this method, he finished 13 places above when he tried the general method. This CAN be luck/RNG, also can be players morale were better because training at a good rate everyday...we don't actually know for a fact. but its just advice we wanted to give

So You would put Troy Parrot on Attackin movement?

7 hours ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Hi guys. What's the best way of deciding which tactic is the best to use? The list on the OP seems really confusing and I'm not sure what each different name means for the tactic. Thanks!

I have the same problem. I am first time on this page and when I saw the list of the tactics i was shocked, so much options... I am playing FM from version 2005, but always somewhere i found one tactic and i played this all game, but now i have problem which tactic to choose. I don't have time in home to test every tactic. I have loaded in game venom and faith, beowulf 107 and kashmir mu111. In the reserve preachin blues vol5

30 minutes ago, cragswfc said:

So You would put Troy Parrot on Attackin movement?

most defo! he has finishing 15, heading 16, technique 14? thats good, his physicals are excellent. He's also 17, that'll increase over time, but his off the ball is 10, i want that to increase quickly so its matching his other attributes to be a great striker. 

as you can see here, his decisions and anticipation has gone up 1 already in 6 months of me being manager...his off the ball will increase i presume within a month or so. but you can see, im not losing out on development anywhere else, but getting rapid increase in attributes i need him to improve with

20200422083610_1.thumb.jpg.f6ee03324b76d988ce0c158542dfe358.jpg

I thought id post incase it hasn't been said anywhere else and it may help some people.

I have found that what ever the score line in games shout 'show some passion' after the on and after 70minutes of a match has a positive effect on most of my players. have only been trying it for a few months but

some games where nothing much was going on second halve after scoring 5-7 goals I then have scored up to 3 goals in the last 20 minutes.

one game noting happening  after half time at 6-0 went on to score 3 goals last 20 minutes and win 9-0

some games we have scored but had lots of shots and controlled games last 20 minutes 

also in tight games such as away to Tottenham we were winning 1 nil until 70 minutes, I've then used shout twice on 70 minutes and 80 minutes and won 3 nil.

might be worth others trying it.

I'm using Fire 4321 , and first years i did well , i arrived second place with newcastel

in the second year the tactic to longer work as the first year, and i bought better players

can anyone give me any tips?

Thanks

1 hour ago, RDF Tactics said:

most defo! he has finishing 15, heading 16, technique 14? thats good, his physicals are excellent. He's also 17, that'll increase over time, but his off the ball is 10, i want that to increase quickly so its matching his other attributes to be a great striker. 

as you can see here, his decisions and anticipation has gone up 1 already in 6 months of me being manager...his off the ball will increase i presume within a month or so. but you can see, im not losing out on development anywhere else, but getting rapid increase in attributes i need him to improve with

20200422083610_1.thumb.jpg.f6ee03324b76d988ce0c158542dfe358.jpg

Only a question staff related! in a previous save i had just for the coachs, ass man , me , 20 free spots! i had already advanced quite a bit on the save also! how would you distribute your spots through the various tasks? i mean how many GK coachs, fitness trainers , model citizen coachs and so on! i just wanna have a mental image of the "ratios" for when i start a new save to implement this fro the beginning! and if you would use all of the spots available! ;)

thanks in advance! :)

@jamie2

Just noticed a tip from jit

Knaps tea for one is the most sensible option then use his black echo version if playing against slower wingers
[00:06]
With tea for one I'd swap the BWM for a B2B if your playing at home against similar or weaker opposition. I find the BWM doesn't really offer owt going forward.(edit

8 minutes ago, Jonas91 said:

Only a question staff related! in a previous save i had just for the coachs, ass man , me , 20 free spots! i had already advanced quite a bit on the save also! how would you distribute your spots through the various tasks? i mean how many GK coachs, fitness trainers , model citizen coachs and so on! i just wanna have a mental image of the "ratios" for when i start a new save to implement this fro the beginning! and if you would use all of the spots available! ;)

6 minutes ago, Jonas91 said:

@RDF Tactics and on the rest tab do you set ( no pitch or gym - half intensity - normal intensity - doule intesity - double intensity ) by this order? ;)

Rober and Cadoni are best at explaining coaches as they gave me the advice on that. but these are my set ups

20200422102840_1.thumb.jpg.c8e4948d237b8c7bca574036e93a9c69.jpg20200422102824_1.thumb.jpg.5a976c6de9144cca90e59eec3a234581.jpg

I just used the knap tactic and removed PI  tight marking, more pressing and tackle harder my thighs so that they would not overlap when my best trainer with very good tactical knowledge attributes, player skills assessment and player potential assessment skills will apply OI and I just won Villarreal at home 3-0 and  won at Camp Nou with Barcelona 1-0

Edited by adlyd90

54 minutes ago, knap said:

@jamie2

Just noticed a tip from jit

Knaps tea for one is the most sensible option then use his black echo version if playing against slower wingers

[00:06]
With tea for one I'd swap the BWM for a B2B if your playing at home against similar or weaker opposition. I find the BWM doesn't really offer owt going forward.(edit

ok, thanks, which versions of Black Echo and Tea For one do you recommend? there are a lot of versions

thanks 

2 hours ago, RDF Tactics said:

Rober and Cadoni are best at explaining coaches as they gave me the advice on that. but these are my set ups

20200422102840_1.thumb.jpg.c8e4948d237b8c7bca574036e93a9c69.jpg20200422102824_1.thumb.jpg.5a976c6de9144cca90e59eec3a234581.jpg

thanks! that was what i was looking for! can you share only the thing with coaches and stars? many thanks! :)

2 hours ago, Jonas91 said:

Check my recommendation about the ultimate staff in RDF thread. 😉

6 hours ago, RDF Tactics said:

Fire and Water 4321. take my word for it :lol: been using it for around a month, haven't touched anything since

1951257932_!!!!FM20.4.0FireandWater4321OXP101ECCC.fmf 45.24 kB · 104 downloads

this one has less PIs

1490765812_!!!!!!FM20.4.1FireandWaterVOL24321OXP103EC.fmf 45.39 kB · 63 downloads

this is the most updated version...both work great, i'm currently using the first one. 

please do try other tactics from Knap though, with correct players and situation, you'll get good results...this tactic feels more universal as i've tried it with top teams and poor teams

Evening man....2 questions

1)Fire and water is good enough for underdogs???

2)If you go with underdog will you do any changes for away games???

6 hours ago, RDF Tactics said:

1951257932_!!!!FM20.4.0FireandWater4321OXP101ECCC.fmf 45.24 kB · 129 downloads

this one has less PIs

1490765812_!!!!!!FM20.4.1FireandWaterVOL24321OXP103EC.fmf 45.39 kB · 78 downloads

@RDF Tactics

I've noticed that the right and left backs don't have the same PIs. Any reason for that?

Left back has sit narrower and RB doesn't. Just want to know if it's an oversight.

I used the Float cross version you were playing with a while back and came second with Sheff Utd first season and then came second again in the second season on GD with 91 pts to Liverpool!

Is float crosses best for lesser teams/when crossing is not a strong stat for your wingers wing backs?

Final question, for "hard" away games, or just away games in general, do you still adjust width, get stuck in, switch to cautious, lower DL? All depending on opposition?

I think it would be great now just to test which of Knaps tactics is now the holy grail of his tactics for this year . 

I know there is a slight ranking system on the tactics page but would be good to test the tactics v one another to see which can be crowned king ?