Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, EriksenSpurs said:

Hello, 

It's kinda confusing reading through all the comments to figure out which tactic works best? Now starting as Strasbourg in France.. could anybody point me in the right direction for tactics that would work? @knap

Thanks

Checks his Google Doc in the first post.  He lists all the tactics down the left side and then shows the TOP, Sub Top, etc across the top.  Top is the top four club (Liverpool, City, etc), the Sub Top is teams 4-7 and so forth.  See where you are projected to finish in France and apply accordingly.  I had some success using 442 tactics but going Cautious with the Trap turned off in getting out of the Championship.  Also, RDF has done some tweaks (do a search in the Google list for RDF and it will highlight his tactics with tweaks) and using a Home and an Away option. 

Il y a 2 heures, Tydomo a dit :

What are 2 good tactics to alternate between for home and away games throughout a season?

Depends of your teams. Beowulf 442 away and Black Écho 4411 at home looks good in my save, plus Big Away for tough away games

On 05/04/2020 at 22:45, hilmz88 said:

1264183506_JensLynard.thumb.png.c7ab1689d610942cb958028be79ec88c.png

finished my first full season in the 4th tier in Sweden. managed to come top after saving them from relegation last season. media prediction was the bottom 4.

i used this tactic again this season VENOM & FAITH 442 P109 FA CC not sure if i should carry on with it in the league above. been given 0 for transfers but a decent amount for wages that i can work with.

if an offer from a bigger club does come i will probably take it. lets see.

RESULTS :

1627767670_Results2.thumb.png.34d3b339e74b4b4d50b3e895afe4691a.png

TABLE 

2013437648_Leaguetable3.thumb.png.f1615dc97cbb01335cd750bcb2deaed8.png

After trying all sorts of knap tactics, some with weird formations, 3 up front, 2 at the back and all that nonsense, some of which worked very well but not particularly consistent, I decided to go back to basics.

There's a reason this has had about 100 downloads a day. Apart from a crazy 5-4 defeat at Norwich, this has been excellent.

20200412221850_1.thumb.jpg.076aee6ccd35a751287fb9ad59e1ac71.jpg

Last 11 games of the season using it, winning 10 (9 plus 1 in extra time) and 1 defeat.
7 clean sheets too, very pleasing.

4-4-2 is King!

If in doubt, always look to KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid!)

Edited by Earnie is God!

1 minute ago, Earnie is God! said:

After trying all sorts of knap tactics, some with weird formations, 3 up front, 2 at the back and all that nonsense, some of which worked very well but not particularly consistent, I decided to go back to basics.

There's a reason this has had about 100 downloads a day. Apart from a crazy 5-4 defeat at Norwich, this has been excellent.

20200412221850_1.thumb.jpg.076aee6ccd35a751287fb9ad59e1ac71.jpg

11 games with it, winning 10 (9 plus 1 in extra time) and 1 defeat.
7 clean sheets too, very pleasing.

If in doubt, always look to KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid!)

thats the one ive been using in Sweden

4 minutes ago, Rober82 said:

So the Hammers have done it. Step up Aaron Cresswell, english player of the year!

2020-04-12 (79).png

2020-04-12 (80).png

2020-04-12 (81).png

2020-04-12 (82).png

FM20.4.1KnapKashmir23221VOL5P101ECCC.fmf 45.53 kB · 2 downloads

Guys when you use the tactic do you set it in all 3 slots to get the team used to it or what?? as i have 3 differeny tactics and change from game to game but lose a few games to teams i should be smashing. 

@Ragin Cajun

GS is running so I can post the order per GS on the right.

I would say sub top can stretch to Wolves.

Per GS Sheffield Utd are the worst team in PL, but both Rober and RDF have won PL

As such it is difficult to pigeon hole tactics

In general to have a sub top squad you may need the 3rd season before becoming sub top, but results are a progression up the table.

Screenshot (931).png

Winning with Liverpool and man city in my opinion would be the norm.  Maybe doing it with Spurs Leicester bournemouth Watford sheff utd would be more better for people to Gage the tactic really.  Just saying as most people are putting up resutks with all the big clubs and it does not surprise me to see liverpool go season with loss due the squad they have pretty much all tactics are working with them 

Would it be better for all to post tactics working with smaller ckubs rather than UTD Liverpool Man city PSG Barce madrid . This years fm engine is not as good and can be quite frustrating . Winning 5 games in a row then lose the next 8 ..........lol 😂

Edited by marksmithlfc1234

5 hours ago, marksmithlfc1234 said:

Winning with Liverpool and man city in my opinion would be the norm.  Maybe doing it with Spurs Leicester bournemouth Watford sheff utd would be more better for people to Gage the tactic really.  Just saying as most people are putting up resutks with all the big clubs and it does not surprise me to see liverpool go season with loss due the squad they have pretty much all tactics are working with them 

Would it be better for all to post tactics working with smaller ckubs rather than UTD Liverpool Man city PSG Barce madrid . This years fm engine is not as good and can be quite frustrating . Winning 5 games in a row then lose the next 8 ..........lol 😂

i disagree...winning with LFC and City SHOULD be the norm but it isn't. We've seen plenty of people not get as good results with those teams with just any tactic. if you can get 100+ pts with City or LFC, without making the signings, then i'd say that isn't the norm

i would agree on some degree, people do build a super team, then post results, but most tactic requires you to have the correct players, LFC, UTD, City and more, have players and a squad that can fit most tactics...example, testing a tactic with Sheff Utd would be difficult if your tactics has wingers, as they have 1 player who can perform as a winger, so you won't get the full performance. Even Spurs, its difficult to test a tactic with half the squad missing with injuries.

nobody expects to get the same results with Bournemouth than someone did with LFC, but it gives a person an idea of what players to get to make the tactic successful.

and another thing, i've tested tactics with lower teams before, i won the league with Sheff Utd, but then it didn't work as well with other teams, mainly because it was tweaked to suit my Sheff Utd team at that time.

9 hours ago, hilmz88 said:

finished my first full season in the 4th tier in Sweden. managed to come top after saving them from relegation last season. media prediction was the bottom 4.

i used this tactic again this season VENOM & FAITH 442 P109 FA CC not sure if i should carry on with it in the league above. been given 0 for transfers but a decent amount for wages that i can work with.

if an offer from a bigger club does come i will probably take it. lets see.

RESULTS :

1627767670_Results2.thumb.png.34d3b339e74b4b4d50b3e895afe4691a.png

TABLE 

2013437648_Leaguetable3.thumb.png.f1615dc97cbb01335cd750bcb2deaed8.png

What skin are u using bud?

39 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

i disagree...winning with LFC and City SHOULD be the norm but it isn't. We've seen plenty of people not get as good results with those teams with just any tactic. if you can get 100+ pts with City or LFC, without making the signings, then i'd say that isn't the norm

i would agree on some degree, people do build a super team, then post results, but most tactic requires you to have the correct players, LFC, UTD, City and more, have players and a squad that can fit most tactics...example, testing a tactic with Sheff Utd would be difficult if your tactics has wingers, as they have 1 player who can perform as a winger, so you won't get the full performance. Even Spurs, its difficult to test a tactic with half the squad missing with injuries.

nobody expects to get the same results with Bournemouth than someone did with LFC, but it gives a person an idea of what players to get to make the tactic successful.

and another thing, i've tested tactics with lower teams before, i won the league with Sheff Utd, but then it didn't work as well with other teams, mainly because it was tweaked to suit my Sheff Utd team at that time.

That`s why many of the guys fail to have results, first they need to look at the team and after that use a tactic that suits the type of players they have.

Dear Knap,

I made many many tests and did not succeed to win tittle with West Ham or Norwich with several of your tactics and the also the RDF tweak of yours.

Could you please tell me which tactic suits the best an underdog (for premier league but also liga or french) in order to win tittle.

Thanks for all your work.

@markv1

Go with one which suits your squad.  Tactics may work the other way round, in that top players may not need instructions bot poor players need more controlling instructions. Also the idea of playing a direct passing game may also be false, so I would bot use ROUTE 66 tactics.

Black Echo 4411 P108 ECC is a beast

High possession, total control of the games, 2 goals conceded in Eredivisie. Best Knap's tactic i'd tried. 

20200413112637_1.jpg

Donyell Malen also thanks you Knap. It is the best season of his career.

The training shared by I don't know who on the forum '' Created Chance & Score More Goals '' helped a lot to score more goals. This is the goal, but its effect is quite impressive.

20200413113026_1.jpg

Edited by DonLeNoble

1 hour ago, DonLeNoble said:

Black Echo 4411 P108 ECC is a beast

High possession, total control of the games, 2 goals conceded in Eredivisie. Best Knap's tactic i'd tried. 

20200413112637_1.jpg

Donyell Malen also thanks you Knap. It is the best season of his career.

The training shared by I don't know who on the forum '' Created Chance & Score More Goals '' helped a lot to score more goals. This is the goal, but its effect is quite impressive.

20200413113026_1.jpg

Im having trouble to find it anywhere. Can you link up mate?

Cheers

still loving the pilgrimage 4321 wide

what in your views which is the best the formation for the attacking mids behind the striker? i know the ratings this year its hard to find that killer setting for this positon

ive bought two wonder kids attacking mids and what to build my next team around them

I have been using !FM20.2.4WULF424IFKnapP98ECFA across multiple saves and teams (big and small). Here are the latest results with a new save.

Started unemployed and took the job at the end of the first season, second season expectations were to finish mid table (9th).

So if anyone is looking for a great 424 formation I recommend this one...

Pieršaja Liha_ Profile.png

18 hours ago, Rober82 said:

So the Hammers have done it. Step up Aaron Cresswell, english player of the year!

2020-04-12 (79).png

2020-04-12 (80).png

2020-04-12 (81).png

2020-04-12 (82).png

FM20.4.1KnapKashmir23221VOL5P101ECCC.fmf 45.53 kB · 82 downloads

Struggling to wrap my head around this.

I have been playing 23221 for ages now on my Shrewsbury save won the champs league, carabao cup and league last season with the Pilgrimage version.

Now the CA of my teams has significantly rose:

GK: 155

RB: 163

CB: 169

CB: 190

LB: 150

DM: 150

RM: 163

LM: 165

CAM: 175

CAM: 174

ST: 150

Yet I am struggling against most teams when I would consider my team now a top team - Kashmir with West ham scoring over 100 goals and im scraping 2-1 wins most games.

Just cant get it - this isnt an attack at your results I believe them - but I am using shouts watching every game positive team talks rotating - not sure what to do 

Edited by jonnysnipe

1 hour ago, arthmael said:

I have been using !FM20.2.4WULF424IFKnapP98ECFA across multiple saves and teams (big and small). Here are the latest results with a new save.

Started unemployed and took the job at the end of the first season, second season expectations were to finish mid table (9th).

So if anyone is looking for a great 424 formation I recommend this one...

Pieršaja Liha_ Profile.png

Have you been playing with the latedt update, 20.4.1??

32 minutes ago, jonnysnipe said:

Yet I am struggling against most teams when I would consider my team now a top team - Kashmir with West ham scoring over 100 goals and im scraping 2-1 wins most games.

Just cant get it - this isnt an attack at your results I believe them - but I am using shouts watching every game positive team talks rotating - not sure what to do 

First of I'm using instant result, and there might be many other factors that are contributing also.

I haven't tried Pilgrimage, as Kashmir works so well, maybe try it?

Also, remember this was tactics tests. Injuries and bans are turned off. I used reserves in cups to save fitness.
It's more of an guide to what is possible to achieve than what will happen every time. Also RNG.
Loose the first few games, and morale goes down. Then it's a different story.

Anyways, knap asked me do to a guide as to what I do when starting a game, so i did a " quick short one". :D

Many probably already do this, and in no certain way am I saying this is the only way to do things, or even the right way. It's just my way, having played this game a looong time. Then it was called CM.

Maybe some can use something, if not well. It's how I do it. :)

New Game.pdf

Edited by Rober82

16 minutes ago, Rober82 said:

First of I'm using instant result, and there might be many other factors that are contributing also.

I haven't tried Pilgrimage, as Kashmir works so well, maybe try it?

Also, remember this was tactics tests. Injuries and bans are turned off. I used reserves in cups to save fitness.
It's more of an guide to what is possible to achieve than what will happen every time. Also RNG.
Loose the first few games, and morale goes down. Then it's a different story.

Anyways, knap asked me do to a guide as to what I do when starting a game, so i did a " quick short one". :D

Many probably already do this, and in no certain way am I saying this is the only way to do things, or even the right way. It's just my way, having played this game a looong time. Then it was called CM.

Maybe some can use something, if not well. It's how I do it. :)

New Game.pdf 338.59 kB · 11 downloads

Thanks for all that but 8 seasons in with Shrewsbury who now have state of the art training and 4 and a half star coaches in every area.

Top down this club should be performing better than it is.

Thought Kashmir would take us to the next level - the amount I concede with a defence of an average CA of like 165 is disgusting.

18 hours ago, knap said:

@Ragin Cajun

GS is running so I can post the order per GS on the right.

I would say sub top can stretch to Wolves.

Per GS Sheffield Utd are the worst team in PL, but both Rober and RDF have won PL

As such it is difficult to pigeon hole tactics

In general to have a sub top squad you may need the 3rd season before becoming sub top, but results are a progression up the table.

Screenshot (931).png

is there somewhere to have a look at this?