Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FM 20.4 and 20.3 me 2040  Tactics  (includes FM 20.2 Beta tactics and FM 20.2.4)

TACTIC LINKS AND TACTIC RANKINGS FROM THE INDEPENDENT TESTS (MR L & FM BASE) ARE NOW ON GOOGLE DOCS LINK BELOW

http://bit.ly/knaptactics

Because I test with top, the pts total in tactic name will give an idea of what is best for top club, Top Clubs should be able to use all of the tactics.

Elite  Club say 1-2in League (Lpool MC etc) Top  3-7 in League

Top 3-  7 in League

Good  8-11

Average 12-16

Poor 17-20

Can also use Top and Sub Top a Home Tactic Underdog Away or

Top Favourite Sub Top Evens Underdog if Underdog

FOR SUS AT END OF GAME TRY - REGROUP AND HOLD SHAPE

How is Tactic Testing done?
We test each tactic over a 90 game season (11 months in total) with 5 teams of varying levels of both ability and reputation. Each team is in a self-contained league that mimics real-life (majority the same level, but some are in the level above or below). This means that our test teams should be around mid-table level.

To make the test balanced transfers, internationals, injuries and fatigue are turned off for all teams.

What are the levels and how are they calculated?
Levels of teams are based on club reputation. The levels are as follows:

Elite - Barcelona, Arsenal

Top - Borussia Dortmund, FC Krasnodar

Good - CEC, Rangers

Average - Malmo FF, Newcastle United Jets

Lower - Al-Rayyan Sports Club, Southport

We worked out the average reputation of each of the levels, combined with taking a set of 5 clubs (2 top reputation, 2 lowest reputation and 1 in the middle) to find out the Top and Bottom CA for players, as well as the Median.

MENTALITY MATTERS GUIDE

RECOMMENDED TRAINING SCHEDULES

Cadoni recommendations

•  

My journey with Maidstone:

I have to blame myself, not designing and playing from 1 match with 20.4.0 TEA FOR ONE VOL4 4411 P103 ALL CUPS.

I have designed my team to play with Black Echo 442.

If someone plays at Vanarama, they know that finding players is PITA.

Three defeats with 20.4.0 TEA FOR ONE.

Rest defeats with Black Echo.

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.0212956aa09a1a973b3a0392e072baf1.png

Screenshot_6.thumb.png.da55700b5958a9cd4b50ae19cf512cd9.png

Breaking wins for the team

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.dfc8bcbcf13d6104fbc27c0bb2326ee8.png

What about goals? We have it.

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.7009d6f197625d3e45cc1ab6df2051e8.png

My goal machine (this is a joke Knap, congrats)

Screenshot_4.thumb.png.6085b39403674b18be6b485340f631bd.png

Screenshot_5.thumb.png.f59a0c20ac9377b6ccf269cc137a4519.png

Regarding for yellow and red cards and fouls

Screenshot_7.thumb.png.56331642177bccd7274639dc6fd86125.png

Screenshot_8.thumb.png.0e6cbb571416a990d069641fd8ba023f.png

Now.

The more serious things about the game.

I am taking responsibility of training.

I am using 2 Match from FM Korea and Chance Creation & Score More Goals from Passion4FM.

https://www.passion4fm.com/football-manager-training-schedules-megapack/

I am also using training sche. for youths from Passion4FM.

Not so much for comment about those, I have started to use it 8 months (in game) now.

Chance Creation & Score More Goals sche. really helps. I haven't checked Youths.

SHOTS

Demand More when we are winning by 1 goal.

Show Some Passion when we are back at score.

Praise when winning 2 or more goals.

--

FA Trophy and if we make League 2 promotion, who knows.

MRr Hough recommended shouts

Use shouts Show Some Passion and Demand More. Also concentrate if leading by a few goals

Edited by knap

@keilso

Little surprised struggling with MU as MR Hough tests with MU so a lot of test information.

Can I just check you have right rep using AM for press team talks and not using OIs.

You should be able to use Kashmir 433 at least at Home If struggling away I would try the TEQUILA BIG AWAY., but may be too defensive with MU.

I will check MR H tests for top performing MU Tactics.

Variety of goals:

1-0 direct free kick
2-0 cross nodded down for striker to smash into net
3-0 Breakaway down LW
4-0 LW cross from throw-in to my pressing forward to head home
5-0 Striker dropped deep and then put a lovely ball over the top to my sub striker who rifled it in on the volley

Starting XI had six of Cardiff's original squad:

20200325175538_1.thumb.jpg.e02d0050b8dc69804a93caa65851e4a4.jpg

Hi, here is my philosophy: I'm looking for a tactic that has catenaccio defense+pep guardiola's possession offense.

I value defense, hard press is good and all but it can be exposed by simple 1-2 simple passes. I'm not taking that risk.

I value possession, to ensure my opponent has little time with the ball.

Any tactic recommendation?

Newcastle was a specific tactic - there should be a Plain MIDSOMER MURDER442

Newcastle tactic worked well for me, but maybe not best all rounf version.

Hey @knap

When we're using this to pick tactics...

Elite  Club say 1-2in League (Lpool MC etc) Top  3-7 in League

Top 3-  7 in League

Good  8-11

Average 12-16

Poor 17-20

Is it based on the league predictions? If I'm a newly promoted team in a division but I'm tipped to come third, would I class myself as top in that league? Or would I use something else to determine which tactic to go with? Also what do you do when you're drawn in a cup against a higher league opponent, would you just class yourself as poor then and find the best tactic for your squad as a "poor" team to use in that match?

7 minutes ago, knap said:

@keadude

I have to be honest and say I have no idea, and are asking same questions.

I have other testing information which I will have to use.

@knap fair enough. If you had to choose for the latest match engine (m.e v2040), which tactic would you go with... just as a safe choice? At the moment I'm using the 4411 tea for one 103 all cups for 2040 and it's been solid but I find I quite often dominant matches but struggle to finish teams off. Still winning most of my games but I feel it should be more comfortable most of the time.

Edited by keadude

Tactic: TEA FOR ONE 4321 OXFORD P105 ALL CUPS

I love this tactic, I know that in the league I have a better squad than the others but I want to see in the champions league  how far I can go being one of the underdoogs teams with a good squad, for now without any problem.

ajax.thumb.JPG.2939fcd5292c7e0ba94d1badb5d2708a.JPG

28 minutes ago, marksmithlfc1234 said:

Hi guys an someone help me out and tell me whats im doing wrong here with Tottenham Hotspurs . 

Using the Tactic 20.3Kanpar1s-ParisienneWalkwaysWSSVOL2P104ALLCUPS and lost every game at the start so far #HELP 

Help me please what am i doing wrong !!

image.thumb.png.29aaead9b8d6ffb1627850e373301565.png489601243_SpursResults.thumb.PNG.41b17e857993e40cae9c3209dd00a975.PNG939334203_spursresponsibilities.thumb.PNG.b6730618a6f09cb77fca01b708e0d0f3.PNG232826057_spursteamandtactic.thumb.PNG.723a5ee832187f2c03b2d851e88dffa6.PNG

Can you send me your save?

14 minutes ago, keadude said:

Is it based on the league predictions? If I'm a newly promoted team in a division but I'm tipped to come third, would I class myself as top in that league? Or would I use something else to determine which tactic to go with? Also what do you do when you're drawn in a cup against a higher league opponent, would you just class yourself as poor then and find the best tactic for your squad as a "poor" team to use in that match?

If you are talking about testing leagues, then as I understand it you should think of it as a european ranking, and not in a league.
So its a sort of ranking system.

Instead i would think like this:

Elite: Top 5 in PL, Bayern in BL, Top 2-3 in Italy, and PSG in France.
Top: 5-10 in PL, 2-4 in BL, 4-6 in Italy, 2-3 in France. Best team in Holland, Ukraine, Russia and so on..
Good:10-17 in PL, 5-10 in BL, 7- 12 in Italy, scaling down for other leagues.
Avrerage: 2 league in big nations, bottom of 1st leagus for medium. Top for Scandinavia.
Lower: The rest.

So if you are in league 1 doesnt matter if you are bet or worst team. Testing category is still lower.
This is no way 100% correct. More like a guess. But it shows how to think.

I was using a tactic for 2 seasons as St. Pauli. 

Came first in Bundesliga 2, and with a relatively weak team I came 3rd in Bundesliga 1 in my first season.

Incredible.

I then spent money on improving my team (immensely). Found perfect players for each role, green across the board. 

With the the improvements I made to the team, it's impossible to think that the team could go backwards.

Alas, I currently sit 15th after 13 games. For the life of me I can't establish how a tactic that was so dominant could be compromised so massively by significantly improved players. 

Can anyone advise on tweaks that you introduce in order to keep a tactic functioning? I assume the AI has adapted somehow, but how can I combat this. The tactic is attacking ... should I just move to balanced?