Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
knap

FM 20 Tactic List and FM 19 Recommended Tactic List

Recommended Posts

Using Wulf and it's working well, dominating every game but getting frustrated at results like this;

1159714372_ManUmatchstats.thumb.PNG.ce0784d07819eb396da652e91a936974.PNG

381193395_ManUmatchstats2.thumb.PNG.c0ce3ec28a4420325c7e1a1fa1deb616.PNG

Why do the AI seem to score with a higher percentage of shots despite having weaker players???

Edited by Spike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, knap said:

442

Screenshot (176).png

Is this a new tactic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also noticed that a lot of opposition chances are created by simple balls over the top. Will dropping the DL affect the tactic?

Edited by Spike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Spike said:

Also noticed that a lot of opposition chances are created by simple balls over the top. Will dropping the DL affect the tactic?

no it doesnt. besides dropping the DL  even will cut the CCC  of oppositon with through ball

Edited by deggiall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, miangelo said:

New 442 it's for Underdog ?

 

Hopefully. Im Newcastle and facing the sack. Need a lifeline

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FInished another season with sub top/underdog IFK Gothenburg. Made it to CL group stage where we finished 3rd. Pleased. Two rotated squads A-team and B-team, both filled with alot of hot prospects with high PA. Started with Knap's 5-3-2 but switched to latest Knap 4132 again, p102 then P106. Knap 442 tactic next season. 3rd screenshot shows how green and well my players will fit the roles in 442 som I'm really excited now for the next season.

image.thumb.png.61fdd69e6c402bfc24d31af07ded3d12.pngimage.thumb.png.2c34fbcdb89faa5bd9a2ab9a01d33104.pngimage.thumb.png.7ca0b06abd296c9eaf6c2cca9f7029de.png

Edited by Dreambuilder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, knap said:

Not aware of any exploits this year so far, but you may prefer SPs with unplugged tactics. I would try the version you used last year as may still work. If so post the results and I will try and tweak for 20.2/

Thanks for your reply!

just noticed with Bolton i score from many throw ins into box, which is cool for my level atm. But it seems pretty well rehearsed if you know what i mean😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/10/2018 at 13:30, knap said:

 

SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL

 

442 (4222) Sympathy for the Devil (Top sub top underdog)

FM20SympathyforthedevilKnapZaipLeipzig.fmf44.

 

Recently finished a full watched season of the tactic above as Arsenal in 20.2 with no incoming transfers (Mesut Özil loaned to Manchester United for the season).

Review.png

Almost a clean sweep. The Carabao Cup final was lost to one of those inspiring half-time team talks according to the news.

Table.png

Quite a few draws that could easily have been wins. Arsenal were ahead in the majority of them, including throwing away a 4 goal lead in one game.

Squad.png

Nelson and Saka did well on the wings despite still developing, as with the WULF 4132 in the previous patch. The standout being Aubameyang who was impressive all season (high win bonuses motivated him, not sure how big an effect that had).

Saka.png  Nelson.png  Aubameyang.png

Long Throws

Before this career I managed a season on a tweak of this tactic in the previous version of the game, mostly in Extended Highlights. There would be around 4 or 5 events a game involving the long throws but the majority of them didn't lead to much; sometimes an offside from knock on, sometimes the opposition would break from them and get a good chance against me. Here and there they worked out, sometimes directly, sometimes forcing fouls in the box, but overall they didn't feel that effective and I began to feel the instructions might not help the tactics performance.

In this career, watched only on Key, they definitely helped. Some were turned in directly, I saw more forcing penalties and there were games that were decided by them. That said, they were irregular - I could go for several games without them even featuring in the Key highlights, let alone impacting the game in a major way. So, not quite an exploit but still effective in my opinion - again, I'd recommend adding the instructions to the tactics that don't have them like the WULF 4132 and see if things change. I've looked around for stats relating to set-pieces in-game but could only find penalties. 

Edited by Cry havoc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cry havoc said:

Recently finished a full watched season of the tactic above as Arsenal in 20.2 with no incoming transfers (Mesut Özil loaned to Manchester United for the season).

Review.png

Almost a clean sweep. The Carabao Cup final was lost to one of those inspiring half-time team talks according to the news.

Table.png

Quite a few draws that could easily have been wins. Arsenal were ahead in the majority of them, including throwing away a 4 goal lead in one game.

Squad.png

Nelson and Saka did well on the wings despite still developing, as with the WULF 4132 in the previous patch. The standout being Aubameyang who was impressive all season (high win bonuses motivated him, not sure how big an effect that had).

Saka.png  Nelson.png Aubameyang.png

Long Throws

Before this career I managed a season on a tweak of this tactic in the previous version of the game, mostly in Extended Highlights. There would be around 4 or 5 events a game involving the long throws but the majority of them didn't lead to much; sometimes an offside from knock on, sometimes the opposition would break from them and get a good chance against me. Here and there they worked out, sometimes directly, sometimes forcing fouls in the box, but overall they didn't feel that effective and I began to feel the instructions might not help the tactics performance.

In this career, watched only on Key, they definitely helped. Some were turned in directly, I saw more forcing penalties and there were games that were decided by them. That said, they were irregular - I could go for several games without them even featuring in the Key highlights, let alone impacting the game in a major way. So, not quite an exploit but still effective in my opinion - again, I'd recommend adding the instructions to the tactics that don't have them like the WULF 4132 and see if things change. I've looked around for stats relating to set-pieces in-game but could only find penalties. 

Did you made any tweaks on tactic and can you share it with us?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jessica Jung said:

Did you made any tweaks on tactic and can you share it with us?

It should be quoted and linked at the top of the post, but if it's not showing for some reason then the tactic is the first Sympathy 4222 on the front page (KnapZaipLeipzig).

I made no tweaks to the tactic, the only notes I'd make is that I played wrong-foot wingers and trained every player in the position/role I wanted them to play. Right-foot wingers might do better, I've not tried myself. Aubamayeng began as the Pressing Forward (Support) but shifted to the Advanced Forward (Attack) fairly early in the season, can't remember why I made that decision but probably Alex getting injured.

Edited by Cry havoc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4231 seems to be working fine with the top side against everything but the other top sides, since they are way too clinical and can easily punish the leaky defence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/10/2018 at 13:30, knap said:

!!!!!!!19.3.4WULF442PFPWMSPKnapP109ALLCUPS.fmf 45.14 kB · 85 downloads 

Planning to update this one for FM20 Knap? This was the beast for me last year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cwilcox said:

136512385_ArsenalvBeikta_Review.thumb.jpg.089fa161324303908b42ac5d91413ccc.jpg594567878_ArsenalvBeikta_Review-4.thumb.png.de599b921db6640fbf9103f2db45b661.png802214430_Arsenal_Overview-3.thumb.png.bfaef5e588a37a23a67d394db4a5e42a.png

 

This clicked for me today.......lol

 

Did you alter anything in any way ? i'd literally just seen i had this on my laptop when i saw your post and was curious if it was a winner as is

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gazzahutc said:

Which tactic?

shows you in last pic top left

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cwilcox said:

136512385_ArsenalvBeikta_Review.thumb.jpg.089fa161324303908b42ac5d91413ccc.jpg594567878_ArsenalvBeikta_Review-4.thumb.png.de599b921db6640fbf9103f2db45b661.png802214430_Arsenal_Overview-3.thumb.png.bfaef5e588a37a23a67d394db4a5e42a.png

 

This clicked for me today.......lol

 

Agreed this is a great tactic. I feel like there are quite a lot of balls played over the top so not for footballing purists but results very good so far.

I changed the corners to me own as I felt I was cheating the game a bit with too many goals from the corner set piece.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cry havoc said:

It should be quoted and linked at the top of the post, but if it's not showing for some reason then the tactic is the first Sympathy 4222 on the front page (KnapZaipLeipzig).

I made no tweaks to the tactic, the only notes I'd make is that I played wrong-foot wingers and trained every player in the position/role I wanted them to play. Right-foot wingers might do better, I've not tried myself. Aubamayeng began as the Pressing Forward (Support) but shifted to the Advanced Forward (Attack) fairly early in the season, can't remember why I made that decision but probably Alex getting injured.

63 goals with just one penalty is nuts! I'm having success with the 4132 (two AF's) in lower leagues so both strikers tend to have similar chances and numbers (will post results  afterend of season), though I'd prefer having a single more specific goal scorer. You think the PF (s) + AF combo gets the AF more chances and goals? Also, wrong-foot wingers provide more through balls in your experience? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FM19 19.3.6

Knap 442 P109

New save
Taking Sunderland back to Premier League
Coaching Licence - Studying Continental A Licence / Sunday League Footballer

VA_HISTORY.thumb.png.2342bacd9d3a01334a7ea4f599764b14.png

SUNDERLAND_ONE.thumb.png.4653c3313336e87913a8ff518c828f78.png

SUNDERLAND_CHAMP.thumb.png.68f257c8d69b1deb967ffdc47e981f54.png

Until FM20 final ME
Best tactic for FM19 from Knap is P109 442

!!!!!!!19.3.4WULF442PFPWMSPKnapP109ALLCUPS.fmf

*update

FA Cup Final against Liverpool

We lost 0-1
Liverpool has missed penalty
I was playing with 10 ten players
Liverpool was very lucky

SUNDERLAND_FAFINAL.thumb.png.517769e761dc7404aabc04543aa0f1e8.png

Edited by Cadoni

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using Beowulf;

235564636_ManchesterUnited_Overview.thumb.png.0073b202b679c42e55e8d69d9660b017.png

It's brilliant at home but not so great away as the last three PL games highlight perfectly;

G1.thumb.PNG.30f4768796b578ac2385a8d80e71113a.PNG

G2.thumb.PNG.fe8ccc336b5ff02215cf09e1635723fc.PNG

G3.thumb.PNG.0a7507855209077102707e440ad75b36.PNG

Are there any complimentary tactics that are a bit more solid away from home?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using the new 4-4-2 with Leeds and it works good but a bit frustrating that I conceede a goal almost every game, anything I can change to have more clean sheets? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skiinted said:

Agreed this is a great tactic. I feel like there are quite a lot of balls played over the top so not for footballing purists but results very good so far.

I changed the corners to me own as I felt I was cheating the game a bit with too many goals from the corner set piece.

Hi there @Skiinted 🤙🏼
Can you show to us your corner set up by posting SS? I apreciate that. And excelent results 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont know why but i didnt get the same performance as the old 442 with new

winger and forward and wingerbacks look like they need improvements

Edited by Grancher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Grancher said:

I dont know why but i didnt get the same performance as the old 442 with new

winger and forward and wingerbacks look like they need improvements

Match Enginee (ME) has been changed from 20.1 to 20.2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Skiinted said:

Agreed this is a great tactic. I feel like there are quite a lot of balls played over the top so not for footballing purists but results very good so far.

I changed the corners to me own as I felt I was cheating the game a bit with too many goals from the corner set piece.

Who takes your corners? Just curious cause I'm yet to score from a corner since using this tactic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, maxmaster5000 said:

which 4-1-3-2 is this? the new or old one? can you link it thank you mate

 

looks like the new one looking at the TI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jethers said:

Great at home, hideous away. Just leaks so many CCC away from home.

Not from his testing. Only 22 conceded in 38 games makes in average kinda of 0,6 goals conceded / game.. Perhaps you have bad or slow defenders?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dreambuilder said:

Not from his testing. Only 22 conceded in 38 games makes in average kinda of 0,6 goals conceded / game.. Perhaps you have bad or slow defenders?

Nope got good defenders, both CB's with pace of 16 and 17.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...