Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
knap

FM 20 Tactic List and FM 19 Recommended Tactic List

Recommended Posts

If you used it in FM 19 I would carry on using the tactic, or from the recommended list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, knap said:

In general the same as in FM 19

@knap I’ve decided to take qpr on as my save any thoughts on what would work for them ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would just use the recommended FM 19.

I would still reckon 442 variations are best option but 4231 and 451 appear a good option compared to narrow tactics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, knap said:

I would just use the recommended FM 19.

I would still reckon 442 variations are best option but 4231 and 451 appear a good option compared to narrow tactics.

@knap I seem to be struggling in away games should I change mentality or a different tactic 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

n the recommended list. The version someone tested was the holiday version near the bottom. Also try the P109 442 and the P112 4132.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, knap said:

n the recommended list. The version someone tested was the holiday version near the bottom. Also try the P109 442 and the P112 4132.

@knap what mentality should I drop to I’m really struggling for results 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really do hope this is the case of final version of match engine not being deployed in beta. That flat 442 with two mezallas is still destrying everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Soviet said:

I really do hope this is the case of final version of match engine not being deployed in beta. That flat 442 with two mezallas is still destrying everything.

Which 4-4-2 bud ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With top clubs the tactics on the recommended list should all still work, as I've seen nothing to suggest there are any issues with the set ups. FM 19 was dominated by Long throws and perhaps short corners. For FM 20 it is probably  worthwhile changing these to other set ups.

If you have problems it is also worthwhile trying Gegenpress settings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, knap said:

With top clubs the tactics on the recommended list should all still work, as I've seen nothing to suggest there are any issues with the set ups. FM 19 was dominated by Long throws and perhaps short corners. For FM 20 it is probably  worthwhile changing these to other set ups.

If you have problems it is also worthwhile trying Gegenpress settings.

What/where is the recommended list?

Sorry if it's a stupid question but I didn't play much FM19.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is the same tactic as FM 19 with long throws back to default and 6 yd box corner and no distribution for GK but still to FBs. I've not decided yet what are the best options are for SPs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FM 20 Beta 442 minor tweaks.

Good tactic for Salah

349853360_Screenshot(67).thumb.png.4e1685f34ded35bd51695f2711e57167.png1063511571_Screenshot(70).thumb.png.a568a15f047c13f4a80de19fd84ad7a8.png

Edited by knap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is the FM 19 tactic with a few SP tweaks.

For the Beta any tactic on recommended list should work. What does not work is the long throw,

Edited by knap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am getting better results without using a LT.  Maybe better marking in PL and  a greater tendency to loose possession. One reason for using a short corner is to keep possession better although I doubt AI players is 10 yds due to immediate closing down and tackling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use attribute masking so just rely on scout reports.

Genie Scout uses an attribute system, which I posted somewhere, and there is a spreadsheet I post for LL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would just use Genie Scout if making life easy, I am not sure why the '5 system is not available in game, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would expect when the real ME arrives on 19th the tactics will need tweaking.

I would use the FM 19 tactic from last year as Soviet. If starting a main save and the FM 19 is not working for you I will PM a tweaked version but they are not fully tested.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, knap said:

I would expect when the real ME arrives on 19th the tactics will need tweaking.

I would use the FM 19 tactic from last year as Soviet. If starting a main save and the FM 19 is not working for you I will PM a tweaked version but they are not fully tested.

 

What would you recommend I use for qpr in championship bud??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, knap said:

I would expect when the real ME arrives on 19th the tactics will need tweaking.

I would use the FM 19 tactic from last year as Soviet. If starting a main save and the FM 19 is not working for you I will PM a tweaked version but they are not fully tested.

 

I wouldn't mind testing them tbh.  I prefer the 442 formation.  I enjoyed great success with your 442's on FM19.  If you could PM me that would be cool.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which 442 did you use?

Any feedback on comparison between how the same tactic performs in FM 20 would be useful.

What did you use for QPR last year?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used !!!!!!!19.3.6UNPLUGGED442WAFKnapP102ALLCUPS had great success with Man U and Marseille.  I prefer Wingers and AF for strikers over PF's.  I always start my saved games as Newcastle (not the strongest of teams).  There was more chances created on FM19 in comparison to FM20.  It seems that Wing play seems to be better in FM20 based on what others have said and what formations are available.  I have always been a fan of your tactics and enjoy a good 442.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, knap said:

Which 442 did you use?

Any feedback on comparison between how the same tactic performs in FM 20 would be useful.

What did you use for QPR last year?

 

 

I’ve never managed qpr but looking for something that will get me steady results and improve the club gradually 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well @knap, i have to say the 4132 no loss is still working really well on beta.
I never used it in FM 19, never giving up on the 442 PFPWM112. Hell i liked the 19.3.4 version so good i never even bothered updating to 19.3.5 one.
Pressing in 4132 giving the opp lots of problems and they often loose the ball inn midfield, which we exploit really good.
Game against Leicester in SS almost perfect, them having 0 shots at all until we got a bit tired in the 80 minute and went from attacking to balanced mentality.

No tweaks. Switching from att, to balanced when leading with 2 goals. Or 1 if against top team.
Off course there is no instant result, so my in game management skills with motivation may be throwing it a bit off here.:lol:

image.png

2019-11-04.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...