Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Need some help, I'm playing an online game and one of the guys (who's winning the league) is playing with Beowolf 442 and I can't beat him. I've tried using the same tactic but he edged me out and that sent me on a losing streak using the Beowolf 442 tactic myself.  I know he's using it cause I took control of his team briefly while waiting for him to log in (it wasn't password protected) and recognised the tactic (I'd used it in a single player game). Are there any tips or suggestions on how to beat this tactic? I figure there must be a way if I know exactly what his instructions are but can't figure it out. 

Yeah I know logging in and looking at his tactic was a bit of crappy move but this guy hasn't stopped bragging about how amazing he is and how his tactic is so good that he came up with etc and I've know the guy for years and had a feeling he'd downloaded a pre-set tactic and couldn't stand his bragging any longer.

I'd really appreciate any help!

10 hours ago, Tjs89 said:

Agreed, best tactics this year are systems that utilise attacking midfielders and mezzalas. Fire and Water 4321 vol 2 and Kashmir 433MM are the most solid tactics overall that I've used so far.

Hi, do you have the link or ID numbers for these tactics? Cheers 👍

I prefer to play with a holding midfielder, gives more cover to the defence

Don`t like games that finish 5-3 or 6-4, love a good solid 1-0, 2-0 when i close the shop and just watch the opposition go full attacking and i catch them on a nice counter!

Love HB and how he becomes the 3rd CD when defending, but that`s just me!

My fav style is 4-1-2-2-1 with IF+AF or PF

!!!!!!!!!FM20.4.1ARGUSknap451VOL3P104EC.fmf

!!!!!!FM20.4.1PreachinBluesKnap451VOL5P109ALLCUPS.fmf

These 2 tactics will bring crazy results if you build your squad around them, from 2nd or 3rd season it will win title after title, even european glory if you know what you`re doing.

8 minutes ago, QuickZombie said:

Hi @Crusho79bv do you use these in tandem? For example one at home, one away? Been looking for a 41221 that is up there for a while as it's also my favourite formation being a spurs fan and our dislike of more than one striker....at the club lol

ARGUS version is a bit more defensive, you can use it away against bigger teams, will bring great results

Use them for a season, most players want instant success and after 10 games they quit on them, that`s not the way to play the game!

1 ora fa, Crusho79bv ha scritto:

I prefer to play with a holding midfielder, gives more cover to the defence

Don`t like games that finish 5-3 or 6-4, love a good solid 1-0, 2-0 when i close the shop and just watch the opposition go full attacking and i catch them on a nice counter!

Love HB and how he becomes the 3rd CD when defending, but that`s just me!

My fav style is 4-1-2-2-1 with IF+AF or PF

!!!!!!!!!FM20.4.1ARGUSknap451VOL3P104EC.fmf 43 kb · 6 downloads

!!!!!!FM20.4.1PreachinBluesKnap451VOL5P109ALLCUPS.fmf 45 kb · 6 downloads

These 2 tactics will bring crazy results if you build your squad around them, from 2nd or 3rd season it will win title after title, even european glory if you know what you`re doing.

I have always disliked this set up with 2 IFs since the IF role was created. Since last year my fav team is buildt to fit perfectly that tactical set up but i have always believed that IFs are less efficient in FM19 and FM20

hi mates

442 is a very good formation in FM19 but this year 442 is not effective in game for me. what is good formations and player roles in FM 20. Specially against big teams :))

I search dominate tactic in FM20. what is your suggestions? thank you :))

56 minutes ago, cabir48 said:

hi mates

442 is a very good formation in FM19 but this year 442 is not effective in game for me. what is good formations and player roles in FM 20. Specially against big teams :))

I search dominate tactic in FM20. what is your suggestions? thank you :))

Don't think there are any tactics in FM 20 that really break the game. 442 is still one of the best formations in this game even though not as OP as last year.

On 22/05/2020 at 12:04, knap said:

@wMIKEthePIKEw

Hello again lads!

Hope you liked the training guide, we are back again this time with a man marking guide.

This story began a month ago or so, when fooling around with man marking and finding some strange results.

I think maybe it was Cadoni who started it, and the rest of us built on that and we worked together to test and find out what worked best.

So far we have come up with two types of approaches, but both are built around taking out the AI's deep playmaker, essentially cutting of the defenders target when they play out from the back. We are already using Knap tactics that are gegenpressing, and in both tactics we are using 3 players are already in this zone pressing the defenders. So this tops that pressure of, and what it does is make the defenders clear the ball, not being able to start the attack from behind.

This leads to your team winning the ball a lot, and dominating the game, while the AI struggle to create play. It does however somewhat rely on you to have, or get the right players for the marking to work, and if you can’t it’s probably the wrong player you are using.

In different tests Everton and Leicester won the league first season without signings, and in Germany the absolute worst team in the league Paderborn managed 4th and Champions league using this.

NB!

This approach needs you to work to find the player to mark before each game, as it shifts depending on their formation.
Now there are leagues and formations this works better for than others, a heavy underdog in LL might have problems doing this as well as a PL team, due to the fact that they play direct and are already planning to hoof the ball. It will however put more pressure one them in this situation, and make them miss the pass a lot.

But however with the right players and approach we found it can be incredibly useful.

We started with the Fire and Water 4321 p103, that has 2 AMCs and a AF. We used the left AMC to man mark by name (not position as not as effective), the AIs DMC.

This AMC needs to be aggressive, have stamina and work rate, anticipate well, and be brave and hopefully strong to win any duel.

The other approach is using the Fire and Water 23212 p104, that has two pressing forwards and a AMC. Here we use the left pressing forward to man mark by name the same DMC or the MC that is the one who is dropping down to get the ball.

This PF needs to be aggressive, strong, have stamina and workrate, be brave, and quick to get into pressure fast.

First let's take a look at how we set the marking:
1c547d8dbe6f0ddf9.md.png

Here you can see that we set by name and not position.

So how do we find out who to mark? The opposition report and the analyst report pre game tells you so much info.

If they use a DMC it’s easy. Select him. If they use a midfield two or three, you will need to use the analysis section of pre-game like this:

ADVERTISING

The first page under the OI report tells you that when Bruno and Pogba are playing together it is Pogba who is DLP and lowest.

You can see that on the picture.
2b5e59a9cd6c341da.md.png

The second page shows you different things for the last three games, and some specific things for their last game. They might have used different roles and players, so look for the one that fits today's lineup as you see it where you put the man who shall be marked.

You have the passing network who shows you who all pass to most, and who gets the ball most.
3f3bc77833bbaf393.md.png

Next to that you have the positional heat map, this shows their normal position during games. Here it is very easy to see who is lowest of the midfielders. No picture as it is really self explanatory.

Next if you check the "team selection" of AI, it shows the last game. On that picture you see Fred playing, and as a dlp lower than Pogba.
47cccc7f36c4dea45.md.png

We now know some things.

If Bruno and Pogba are playing in a midfield two, then Pogba is the lowest of the two and should be marked. If Pogba and Fred are playing , Fred is the one lowest on the pitch and the one getting the ball from the defenders.

Then go back to marking, and see who is playing. Here it is Pogba and Bruno.
51175fa7576c9c699.md.png

By now it is obvious to man mark the lowest MC, in this case Pogba, out of the game by using your closest AMC or PF if using 2 striker tactic.

This player will will have greater chance at success the better Pressing forward he is, and we have identified the abilities aggressivity, bravery, work rate, strength, acceleration, and pace as important to do a good job for the pressing forward tactic.

For the one with 2 amcs, we recommend they have some of the same stats to do a best possible job of pressing the one marked.

The rest of the Pressing forward abilities are also handy if can be had, based on your playing level.

You can check if it is working by checking key passes of marked player, as well as "touches" and possession in the report after the game. The one you are marking should have really low scores for these.

If you are still not sure, check their roles and their PMs, comes deep to get the ball and dictates tempo are ones we look for. If they play 2 mcs, one is a DLP and the other CM, it’s the DLP we want. If no DLP, you need to investigate a bit to find out.

Normally the types that drop deep are deep lying playmakers, ball winning midfielders if playing in central midfield. Any role a DMC has should be marked.

Some formations are harder than others, and I would encourage you to try out different things, maybe you will find your way of using this with your tactic, as we are sure this works in other formations as well.

As an extreme underdog we have marked up to four players and beating Liverpool.

Their DMC, both wing backs as they are important for their team, and also one of the 2 mcs in front of the dmc who might act as a 2nd playmaker. When doing this they were totally shut down.

Here are some results with the midfielder marked, and as you can see the team marking (Everton) is dominating the game in a remarkable way.
6f80f30912d1093ac.md.png

7b55ff62e57efab33.md.png

Results using Man marking for Everton, no signings:
88bd0975c382b37ef.md.png

Here we see Evertons man marker getting almost as many tackles won, and more attempts than the Everton CBs. This of course does not take into effect the insane amount of times the defenders just clear the ball right to us because of his and the others pressure.
9384d601c7b75c66f.md.png

This is one way of getting results, and there might be others that work better for your team, your squad or your level. Still we found great results with this, and wanted to share them with you.

Good luck! : )

First i'd really like to thank you for these great guides, both are doing great for me so far, I have one question though,

When playing against a team like the one in the attached Pic (Yeovil) with one CM and 2 DM one assigned for Defense and is lower and the other one assigned for support and is higher who should i man mark?!!

I know the guide suggest the lower but i thought that a defense duty DM would have no great role in playmaking and may be the right thing to do is to mark the other DM assigned to support duty

what do you think?

scout.png

7 hours ago, tagaddin said:

I know the guide suggest the lower but i thought that a defense duty DM would have no great role in playmaking and may be the right thing to do is to mark the other DM assigned to support duty

what do you think?

For that formation, which may be very rare, I would look at if any one of those two were any threat with their abilities of passing, vision and technique.
Probably none are, if so I would still go with the lowest.

Most times the one AMC should pick up the other guy without using any marking as he would be in the AMCs zone, so that is why I say the lowest as he comes a bit deeper. If you take the deeper out then the CBs have no one to aim for as both are under pressure and just keep playing between themselves til they clear the ball, and you can attack again.
They might still have a lot of passes, and possession on the screen, but that is false as it is just CBs and GK playing in the back and is no threat to you.

Best case scenario you win the ball high up, next best scenario they clear the ball up so you can come again on the attack, worst case scenario you disrupt their play so much they will never get a good attack with key passes going. I like those scenarios. :)

Edited by Rober82

1 hour ago, Gorando said:

Don't think there are any tactics in FM 20 that really break the game. 442 is still one of the best formations in this game even though not as OP as last year.

I know there aren't OP tactics in FM20 already but I wanted ask this :) Is there your good tactic suggestion? I'm thinking use 4-3-2-1. Double Attacking Midfielder and 1 Advanced Forward. 

Second season (restart) and second league win with: FM20.3.0TeaforOne4222VOL2P100ALLCUPS.

Predicted 7th. Solid underdog/subtop tactic! Signed tons of players tho and I think team cohesion made a bad streak in the end of the season. I would perhaps try Beowulf442 with a top team for slightly more offensiveness to break down defensive teams, but I'm not sure.

bild.thumb.png.ffed3785f9310bbe668d06dbfdfe19f2.pngbild.thumb.png.5e7bc2decb1389fa364294de0c50ee33.pngbild.thumb.png.217164c6e409c445bb5e295d84d3a0c7.png

!!FM20.3.0TeaforOne4222VOL2P100ALLCUPS.fmf !!FM20.3.0Teafor One4222VOL2P100ALLCUPSSUS.fmf

Edited by Dreambuilder

23 minutes ago, TommyKnight said:

@knap would you possibly be able to recommend a tactic for Chelsea?

I'm a big fan of you're Blue Matter tactic, but I find it can be quite defensive/counter based, and normally struggle. 

Try this one. I've made some corrections and let me know how it works.

4-2-3-1.fmf

Hi everybody,

Im literally fed-up with FM20 in my Man Utd save. 

I use Commentary only in games. sometimes the odd instant result. 

Team (Roughly) DeGea | AWB Bailly Maguire Alphonso Davis | Sancho Fernandes Pogba Rashford | Martial Greenwood 

During my second season i changed from "!!!!!!FM20.4.1PreachinBluesKnap451VOL5P109ALLCUPS" to "FM20.4.1HOLYGHOSTFIREKnapCrushoVOL2MMEG4231P105ECFA" because  the first tactic just fell off a cliff. Knap did say you can be unlucky if tactics just stop working etc. There are so many tactics uploaded and tweaks happening im always looking at updates and going from there on the knaps indication. 

I tried the second tactic during the February because i could see i was struggling in games and after seeing some tips on here and FM Scout for MM etc i applied those and ran from there. Started really well but after just 2 months and got into April, things have spiralled downwards again. A lot of games i would see a lot of goals conceded within the first 5 minutes?. But more recently In my last 3 games, Crystal Palace away (Lost 0-2), Man City away in CL (0-0) and the return leg at home (0-2). In those games i had 8 CCC in total and scored zero, yet Ayew has 2 shots in the palace game, 1 being a CCC and scored. i always seem to concede CCC and get punished, yet we cant finish our CCC. In the return CL leg I had majority possession, had more chances, nothing really coming from the opponents but lost 0-2. When i make in game changes literally nothing happens other than watching the clock run down. 

A lot of people want a plug and play tactic while learning tips etc but for me i think the fun has been lost in this game. To summarise it appears unless you know exactly what your doing at the exact point it needs to be done it can make or break results, whether its signings, training, coaching, tactical specifics, shouts etc.

Frustrated 

9 dakika önce, robtuckey28 said:

Hi everybody,

Im literally fed-up with FM20 in my Man Utd save. 

I use Commentary only in games. sometimes the odd instant result. 

Team (Roughly) DeGea | AWB Bailly Maguire Alphonso Davis | Sancho Fernandes Pogba Rashford | Martial Greenwood 

During my second season i changed from "!!!!!!FM20.4.1PreachinBluesKnap451VOL5P109ALLCUPS" to "FM20.4.1HOLYGHOSTFIREKnapCrushoVOL2MMEG4231P105ECFA" because  the first tactic just fell off a cliff. Knap did say you can be unlucky if tactics just stop working etc. There are so many tactics uploaded and tweaks happening im always looking at updates and going from there on the knaps indication. 

I tried the second tactic during the February because i could see i was struggling in games and after seeing some tips on here and FM Scout for MM etc i applied those and ran from there. Started really well but after just 2 months and got into April, things have spiralled downwards again. A lot of games i would see a lot of goals conceded within the first 5 minutes?. But more recently In my last 3 games, Crystal Palace away (Lost 0-2), Man City away in CL (0-0) and the return leg at home (0-2). In those games i had 8 CCC in total and scored zero, yet Ayew has 2 shots in the palace game, 1 being a CCC and scored. i always seem to concede CCC and get punished, yet we cant finish our CCC. In the return CL leg I had majority possession, had more chances, nothing really coming from the opponents but lost 0-2. When i make in game changes literally nothing happens other than watching the clock run down. 

A lot of people want a plug and play tactic while learning tips etc but for me i think the fun has been lost in this game. To summarise it appears unless you know exactly what your doing at the exact point it needs to be done it can make or break results, whether its signings, training, coaching, tactical specifics, shouts etc.

Frustrated 

+1

Edited by efekabaraci

@TheUnderdog

The idea of google docs is that the columns are sortable. If you are underdog after transfers then sort the underdog column , which will then give you a  selection of tactics recommended for underdogs.

Tactic: !!!!FM20.4.0MississippiKnap4321OXP103ALLCUPS This just won L2 with Morecombe, so worth a try

@knap wanna make and test a 4132 with this formation? DM and MC roles are of your choice! It's a small alteration of the two DMDLP+DMVolante in your lovely Teaforone442. 

Edit: or 41311 with an SS+AF on top. I favour your Black Echo p108 at the moment.

bild.thumb.png.d7581281e8eebe09b123d01285293350.png

Edited by Dreambuilder

12 minutes ago, knap said:

@TheUnderdog

The idea of google docs is that the columns are sortable. If you are underdog after transfers then sort the underdog column , which will then give you a  selection of tactics recommended for underdogs.

Tactic: !!!!FM20.4.0MississippiKnap4321OXP103ALLCUPS This just won L2 with Morecombe, so worth a try

Great, Thanks.

Are all the tactics compatible with the current ME?

20 hours ago, grimfandango said:

Just felt the need to contribute :) Old player here, been playing the game since 00/01 (skipped a few), using knaps tactics since 2017.

Here is my story so far in FM 2020:

fm2020_2.thumb.jpg.79809556eb3e5dceaa23f06ccf338937.jpg

fm2020_1.thumb.jpg.02e703e92ba58448bbf3ba2d2922b8ab.jpg

I have been mainly using FIRE 4321 P103 (ID 1491) with NO changes!!

For SUS, occasionally using !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FM20.4.1MississippiKnapVOL4141SUS to kill the game later on, but just to keep player condition up , ensure you're leading at least with 2 goals (preferably 3 or more) because it can backfire. For narrower leads you can use Positive mentality for SUS, maybe even Cautious (not experimented enough yet).

Only First season I used Tea 4321 OX P103 and I remember it worked just as well (FIRE wasn't published yet I guess).

I think I'll keep using the FIRE 4321 P103 tactic forever, unless another tactic is proven to consistently overperform on a  reliable tactic testing database & league. Too afraid to change at this point :)

I always micro-manage: watch key highlights, use team talks and shouts, praise good performances, manage the training.

This just a contribution , not a comparison, never really gave other tactics an opportunity yet. Because this one so far gave me all kind of success I could have :) Big thanks and respect to @knap for all the contribution!

What id is  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FM20.4.1MississippiKnapVOL4141SUS

On 03/05/2020 at 10:52, pan1majonez said:

Hi. I am going to play some club from San Marino and national team San Marino. In league i shouldn't have problems, but what tactic use in european cups??? And what tactic use in national team ???

Still the same answer ? 

I would probably use Kashmir vol 5 23221 P101EC CC

MISSISSIPPI 4141 together with SUS  or do You think something else tactic ?

2 часа назад, knap сказал:

HI knap! 
I was  try this great tactic! My result are overachieve. Chances for champion 1001-1. Lose semi-final cup

IRL last 2 seasons champions had 60-64 pts. 

This result 69pts for big underdog WTF?)))

Great job!!! Can we use on this tactic MM left PF for Dm/dlp? Would it work here? 

image.pngimage.thumb.png.fb474a0ecf4283242c0d8cc8de46c6c5.pngimage.thumb.png.11ee7b149bc3f49a953e4fea3e041c26.png

Edited by Stremka

1 минуту назад, mickyt11 сказал:

Interested in trying this, you think this would work for just Top teams only? Thinking of using it for Napoli

Need to try it. I think it would work

Started a lower league save with Gateshead and had some crazy results with Fire&Water 4321 ox 103. Won the league at an absolute canter despite having a tiny squad (had to give contracts to greyed out youth players to fill my subs bench). But, the most insane thing has been the FA Cup. This is season 1 with a national league north side. Made it to the FA Cup Semi Final, beating along the way, Wigan, Forest at home, and Sheff Utd, Brighton Both away from home. Against Forest I had both wingers suspended and had no back up, so had to play greyed out players with all attributes in single figures. I am currently waiting to play the semi final, but Ive got Liverpool, so despite our heroics, we are getting knocked out this time. I have used man marking in the cup games, but not in the league. Found it less effective against inferior opposition.

Having a good bit of success with the 23221 formation from knap.

30 games in league won 26 drew 3 and lost 1 (bloody villa of all teams and who look like they could be relegated). 

Just gave pool their first defeat of season in premier League (still unbeaten in CL). 

Also into last 16 of CL and FA cup. 

Will post up screenshots later on but it's a cracking one so far

Edited by sidford