Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should be able to use any of the tactics at any level.

I may have to change a make a few tweaks, so I would either use the 19.3.3 version or an alternative 442.

There are Poacher versions.

Some games you can see it will not be your day early on in game, it is at this point a switch to PLAN B is called for.

The best tactic I used on here was before the 19.3 update. The tactic was !FM19.2.1BEOWULF424KnapP112 and this was unstoppable with lower teams and big teams. Is there any way to update this for 19.3.4 as I would love to use a 424 formation again that is as effective as this one was

I admire your patience Knap with these incessant striker questions

This is my current striker and I use a combination of !!!!FM19.3.2PILGRIMAGE451KnapP100ALLCUPS as my main tactic and !!!!!FM19.3.4BEOWULF442WPKnapP104ALLCUPSSalah if I'm chasing a goal, for a SUS I edit them on the fly.

Probably my final season with Parma as I'm simply just chasing the elusive champion league now

abelruiz.jpg

1 hour ago, knap said:

You would have to send me your game to see what is going on Unless your WB is not staying back at corners, which can be an issue.

lol, i raged. and  tried again. I failed, less hard. 

But my WB (right side) is the short-corner helper. So, if i loose the, he's gone indeed...

You need to monitor which player is not staying back as it will leave a lone AI Striker. Also the AI can leave 3 players fwd which can cause a problem.

There is a defensive 442 P108 which may be worthwhile trying if need to keep a lead, rather than a full SUS.

FM 19.3.4 Striker Scoring stills good like on 19.3.3 @knap ?
What is your opinion? Because i like the tactic 19.3.4BEOWULF442WAFKnapP103ECCC , its similar

It's to my save with Feirense on Liga NOS (Portugal)

3 hours ago, knap said:

Hi Knap, great work as always.

Do you feel like the roles and in-possession team instructions actually make a big difference? It seems pretty much all your tactics share pretty much the same out-of-possession and in-transition team instructions (as well an attacking mentality). Essentially the high-intensity Gegen-Pressing. A lot of the tactics I notice have all players marking tight, closing down more and tackling harder. So these seem to be the common philosophies (as well as 'work ball into box' and 'play out of defence' in-possession instructions)

Seeing as pretty much all your tactics get ~105 points, it makes me think that the in-possession team instructions don't make a huge difference as a lot of different combinations of those produce pretty much the same season performances (including the inherent match engine randomness).

I've also made quite a few tactics using the same underlying philosophies as yours which produce very similar results in terms of points and goals scored, using various formations, roles and in-possession instructions.

It just seems to me that with those in-transition/out-of-possession instructions, attacking mentality and player instructions to tackle harder, mark tighter and close down more, you can get similar levels of success regardless of formations, roles and in-possession instructions.

Hi Knap - I'm using the first 442 listed on main page.  Is there any special instruction as to who takes corners? A lot of the time I have a corner, the opposition defence clears, and I have no defenders back at all. Hence the opposition has a free run on goal. 

It is a ME bug as there should at least be a stay back WB. The set pieces in general are bugged and need sorting..

However, even if you change it to a DM the AI forward will still run from half way line and score, so at times it just appears the ME has calculate a goal no matter what set up is being used.

If a problem allocate a winger to also take corners.

Also note the AI can leave 3 fwd when chasing a game but that does not normally cause a problem