Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Rober82 said:

First of I'm using instant result, and there might be many other factors that are contributing also.

I haven't tried Pilgrimage, as Kashmir works so well, maybe try it?

Also, remember this was tactics tests. Injuries and bans are turned off. I used reserves in cups to save fitness.
It's more of an guide to what is possible to achieve than what will happen every time. Also RNG.
Loose the first few games, and morale goes down. Then it's a different story.

Anyways, knap asked me do to a guide as to what I do when starting a game, so i did a " quick short one". :D

Many probably already do this, and in no certain way am I saying this is the only way to do things, or even the right way. It's just my way, having played this game a looong time. Then it was called CM.

Maybe some can use something, if not well. It's how I do it. :)

New Game.pdf 338.59 kB · 10 downloads

3 minutes ago, knap said:

@mcallais

Rober82 has been kind enough to set out a guide to cover setting up Clubs and maximising your changes to get to the top of table.

Hi @knapand @Rober82

Thank you for you advice and some truly awesome tactics. The one thing which I seem to struggle with FM2020 in general is what OI to do for each tactic and what to to do for the tactical briefings (if anything). 

At the moment I take control of the tactical briefings but choose the skip briefings option.

Any advice regarding Opposition Instructions for all of Knap's tactics would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. 

image.png.ec8f41ce7e550b211245acee5d9ea7b3.png

7 ore fa, DonLeNoble ha scritto:

Black Echo 4411 P108 ECC is a beast

High possession, total control of the games, 2 goals conceded in Eredivisie. Best Knap's tactic i'd tried. 

20200413112637_1.jpg

Donyell Malen also thanks you Knap. It is the best season of his career.

The training shared by I don't know who on the forum '' Created Chance & Score More Goals '' helped a lot to score more goals. This is the goal, but its effect is quite impressive.

20200413113026_1.jpg

Brilliant season, defense has been locked for almost everyone.

Did you set ' Created Chance & Score More Goals ''  as default traning for the Whole season? Or you have alternate this one with some Others?

5 minutes ago, MrScaleh said:

At the moment I take control of the tactical briefings but choose the skip briefings option.

Any advice regarding Opposition Instructions for all of Knap's tactics would be greatly appreciated.

I leave them to an assistant who is good at tactics.

OIs are not needed. Make sure the Assistant doesn't set any as they can conflict with tactics.

2 minutes ago, knap said:

@jonnysnipe

In view of defence with the 4411, maybe that tactic may be a good option

Potentially.

As most people I want the best of both worlds. I want solid attack and good defence or if I'm not getting both at least an unstoppable attack or a solid defence. I'm getting neither currently.

I know I've just won the champions League and the league but it wasnt done with very good results a lot of lady luck. 

Feel the team is at a base (most under 23) where I think the results should start to be dominant

4 minutes ago, knap said:

@MrScaleh

There should be no OIs set either by you or the AM.

6 minutes ago, Rober82 said:

I leave them to an assistant who is good at tactics.

OIs are not needed. Make sure the Assistant doesn't set any as they can conflict with tactics.

Hi @knap and @Rober82

Thank you so much for your help.

Just to confirm that I am doing everything correctly. Tactical briefings should be delegated to the Assistant Manager as per below screenshot? Thanks in advance.

image.thumb.png.4822dd17c06cf4439149739e8a04cb7c.png

1 minute ago, jonnysnipe said:

As most people I want the best of both worlds. I want solid attack and good defence or if I'm not getting both at least an unstoppable attack or a solid defence. I'm getting neither currently.

I have been thinking if Instant result just works that much better, have you tried it at all to compare results?
In such a scenario the Assistant does shouts, teamtalks and stuff, so if he is really good maybe he gets something done that we mortals fail to.

50 minutes ago, Sith Lord said:

Have you been playing with the latedt update, 20.4.1??

Yes. The screenshot I put up was from my latest save that's 20.4.1 

I've tried using other 424 tactics that had better results but this one was always doing better...

@knap Black Echo seems to have done the trick. Couple of games for the players to adjust, but it's really turned my season around.

1-0 Loss at Burnley was me going back to my old tactic. Changed it back and...well as you can see, things are going well. I might even make a late(ish) claim for the PL title for the second season running. 

453401719_BlackEchoThanks.thumb.png.af55258266aae2f0643ecb49ee30deb4.png

Black Echo Thanks 2.png

1 minute ago, heartandgroin said:

@knap Black Echo seems to have done the trick. Couple of games for the players to adjust, but it's really turned my season around.

1-0 Loss at Burnley was me going back to my old tactic. Changed it back and...well as you can see, things are going well. I might even make a late(ish) claim for the PL title for the second season running. 

453401719_BlackEchoThanks.thumb.png.af55258266aae2f0643ecb49ee30deb4.png

Black Echo Thanks 2.png

which tactic mate? can you share tactic id? thanks.

On 09/04/2020 at 18:41, Ragin Cajun said:

image.thumb.png.c5dd5dbaf370565f2a7f2975dc20b172.pngimage.thumb.png.f27317fbeee00318792c4e29e0c31df6.png

So I've been doing OK in FM20, usually meeting expectations but never really doing better.  I've won 3 trophies in 30 years of play.  I just restarted my journeyman save with a new manager and after reading some info from RDF and knap the last few days I've changed my setup and gone with a home tactic, an away tactic and a third tactic for when I am a severe underdog or against a bigger club.  The home tactic I am using is the Black Echo from 20.3.0 with the RDF tweaks that put up 101 points.  I'm using the same tactic listed as "away" for my base away or home as a close underdog/draw option.  The 20.4.0 Tequila Sunrise with 93 points and the RDF tweaks is my "Big Away" option.

I'm playing in Scottish League 2 as Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic.  We are expected to win the league by the board but were picked 3rd at 3-1 in the preseason preview.  The Peterhead match on Aug 22 was the first match I switched over to these three tactics and it's been a strong run of form thusfar.  By far the best overall run I've had with a club outside maybe my Karlskrona side a few months ago.  What's been really impressive is the slew of goals, 32, which is 11 more than the next club and also the defense, 6 allowed which is best in the league although Gala Fairydean have allowed just 9.  11W 1D 1L after 13 matches in the league but 9W and 1D after the tactical change.  The lone loss was by a mere 1-0 score to a club in hte Airtricity Premier which is the #25 rated league in Europe, just below the Championship in England.  League 2, our league, ranks #115 overall in line with Airtricity First Division. 

I usually play Journeyman style saves so I'm with lower tier teams alot so reading into ranking with Liverpool and stuff has been difficult as best since this year has required various tactics at varying levels to work.  Thanks to knap for all the hard work and I wanted to share my successes thusfar with the changes made.

@Ragin Cajun Hey can you link/attach the tactics you're using?

8 minutes ago, WKTHFC said:

Having some joy with BEOWULF VOL3 with my Rangers save. Managed to get out of a real group of death in the Champions League. Look at LWB Borna Barasic's assists too.

image.thumb.png.34d8863e55861d1003a38d7b3ccfc0fd.png

image.thumb.png.99a97af2f675010539d19ce23982d473.png

image.thumb.png.d5d63705d2eb8f8f05590ae006e5fab4.png

Can we find this beowulf vol 3 tactic?

4 hours ago, Rober82 said:

First of I'm using instant result, and there might be many other factors that are contributing also.

Also, remember this was tactics tests. Injuries and bans are turned off. I used reserves in cups to save fitness.
It's more of an guide to what is possible to achieve than what will happen every time. Also RNG.

Anyways, knap asked me do to a guide as to what I do when starting a game, so i did a " quick short one". :D

Many probably already do this, and in no certain way am I saying this is the only way to do things, or even the right way. It's just my way, having played this game a looong time. Then it was called CM.

New Game.pdf 338.59 kB · 77 downloads

Great guide. 

3 hours ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

I'm using IR because SI completely hosed the ME with 20.4.1. It's a total drag playing out matches now, whereas it was fun playing out matches in 20.4.   

Thank you, SI. 

I find this version of the ME okay. Enough variety and a fair amount of rockets. 

Hi all,

Thanks for all the hard work and info provided in this thread!

I started a new game with Newcastle United FC. Tried to sell most of the players in order to get great youngsters.

What tactic would you suggest using?

This is my team.

Annotation 2020-04-14 005617.jpg

15 minutes ago, jonnysnipe said:

Whats the point in playing?

Back to back games there

Wow. That was bad. Do you take teamtalks and stuff? There are guides for it if you are not 100% sure that you are saying the right things.

1 minute ago, Rober82 said:

Wow. That was bad. Do you take teamtalks and stuff? There are guides for it if you are not 100% sure that you are saying the right things.

Played this consistently for 10 years know the in's and outs held a few records on fmbase in FM15 for highest goals scored.

This is the 1st year I have struggled with consistency - the AI is just next level of stubborn.

3 minutes ago, jonnysnipe said:

Played this consistently for 10 years know the in's and outs held a few records on fmbase in FM15 for highest goals scored.

This is the 1st year I have struggled with consistency - the AI is just next level of stubborn.

It's a strange one for me, on one hand i think it's in my top 2-3 fave fm's and on the other, it's insanely frustrating when it comes to tactics. But i totally agree with you.

2 minutes ago, smithy20 said:

It's a strange one for me, on one hand i think it's in my top 2-3 fave fm's and on the other, it's insanely frustrating when it comes to tactics. But i totally agree with you.

I like parts of it - but in my eyes I am building a team - this team gets better every year - but the results decline.

That is not simulating real football - case in point Liverpool - was a project when Klopp started now look at them.

Lucking my way to champs league and prem last year seems to have put me on a backwards decline

14 hours ago, Rober82 said:

New Game.pdf 338.59 kB · 146 downloads

excellent stuff! i was actually considering doing the same thing but on the forum sites to save people asking the same questions (probably would still ask the same questions lol) 

but great guide and if people are new/struggling then should AT LEAST give this a read. as well as already reading the tips in Knaps op

7 hours ago, jonnysnipe said:

Back to back games there

Football Manager 2020 14_04_2020 00_05_23.png

Football Manager 2020 14_04_2020 00_07_47.png

Football Manager 2020 14_04_2020 00_21_50.png

how many seasons have you been using this tactic? i think it may be time for a tweak, maybe changing your crossing type to "whipped crosses" or if you have poor crossers on the flanks then go for "float crosses"

in my experience, this can help as teams after a while may know how to set up their defence line. 

may even just a single weak in player instructions

Il y a 14 heures, radetzky a dit :

Brilliant season, defense has been locked for almost everyone.

Did you set ' Created Chance & Score More Goals ''  as default traning for the Whole season? Or you have alternate this one with some Others?

Hello Radetzky. 

Non it's not my default training for the whole season, because defenders wanted more defensive sessions. I use these training sessions posted by DANWOLF : 

I use '' Create Chance & Score more goals '' when I play against a a lower level opponent than my team. If I play against Ajax, Feyenoord or AZ, i Use '' One match ''. 

Il y a 9 heures, jonnysnipe a dit :

Back to back games there

Football Manager 2020 14_04_2020 00_05_23.png

Football Manager 2020 14_04_2020 00_07_47.png

Football Manager 2020 14_04_2020 00_21_50.png

Plus the recommandations / advices by RDF, try the training schedule '' Create Chance & Score more goals '' made by Passion4FM, it helped a lot to score more goals. 

On 12/02/2020 at 23:58, knap said:
Hi Knap, how are you. I have been a fan of the BlueMatter433 with a DM series since last year. My best results were with this tactic last year. I play with this version 20.2.4 and I have very good results. Can you update it i would be very grateful please

il y a 11 minutes, pedrux1997 a dit :

Hi guys,

Can you tell me what is the best tactic for 20.4? I see a lot of tactics and i became confused to choose one of so many and i want to know what is the best of all them.

Thank you so much

Depends on your team man. All recent tactics are very good buy you have to analyze your squad, see where your best players are and choose the tactic that best fits that.

2 minutes ago, DonLeNoble said:

Depends on your team man. All recent tactics are very good buy you have to analyze your squad, see where your best players are and choose the tactic that best fits that.

Right, but if i have to choose between the top tactics, what should i pick? 'cause are so many 4231, 433 and 442 with so many variants, i don't know man

1 hour ago, RDF Tactics said:

how many seasons have you been using this tactic? i think it may be time for a tweak, maybe changing your crossing type to "whipped crosses" or if you have poor crossers on the flanks then go for "float crosses"

in my experience, this can help as teams after a while may know how to set up their defence line. 

may even just a single weak in player instructions

I switched to the 4411 this season from a 23221.

Crossers are excellent 16 on RM and 18 on LM.

Pulling my hair out here - never had such a good team but cant do anything.

il y a 7 minutes, pedrux1997 a dit :

Right, but if i have to choose between the top tactics, what should i pick? 'cause are so many 4231, 433 and 442 with so many variants, i don't know man

Who is your team ? In an old post, Knap said that all the 4231 produced roughly the same results, but with different ways of playing.

FM 20.4 and 20.3 me 2040  Tactics  (includes FM 20.2 Beta tactics and FM 20.2.4)

TACTIC LINKS AND TACTIC RANKINGS FROM THE INDEPENDENT TESTS (MR L & FM BASE) ARE NOW ON GOOGLE DOCS LINK BELOW

http://bit.ly/knaptactics

Because I test with top, the pts total in tactic name will give an idea of what is best for top club, Top Clubs should be able to use all of the tactics.

Can also use Top and Sub Top a Home Tactic Underdog Away or

Top Favourite Sub Top Evens Underdog if Underdog

FOR SUS AT END OF GAME TRY - REGROUP AND HOLD SHAPE

ROBER GUIDE TO CLUB SET UP 

1826670185_NewGame.pdf

RDF TWEAKS

CROSSING CONSIDERATIONS

MENTALITY MATTERS GUIDE

FRENCH UNDERDOG TESTS

RECOMMENDED TRAINING SCHEDULES

C

SHOuTS

Demand More when we are winning by 1 goal.

Show Some Passion when we are back at score.

Praise when winning 2 or more goals.

--

FA Trophy and if we make League 2 promotion, who knows.

MRr Hough recommended shouts

Use shouts Show Some Passion and Demand More. Also concentrate if leading by a few goals

Edited Wednesday at 21:24 by knap

Edited by knap

ROBER GUIDE TO CLUB SET UP

1826670185_NewGame.pdf

ROBERSHEFFIELDSQUAD.thumb.png.d4c881b7e5a0046e2b8e6c824a5c3680.pngROBERSHEFFIELDTABLE.thumb.png.4235cc4c7a06a7fdb7fb9d000c6c3572.png

ROBERPALACETACTIC.thumb.png.d01eb5f3baa8464d69d2a862eb9cd8da.pngROBERPALACETRANSFERS.thumb.png.978e9dab356b1823e8534828f7d73fef.png

ROBERWHTRANSFERS.thumb.png.1b99dafa9733c18fd034d28100045125.pngROBERWHTABLE.thumb.png.d5a276ba1bd5dadeec8c88cd36a3493e.png

ROBERPALACETACTIC.thumb.png.6c5a8f28388ed4f70bc4c968b73f7712.png436831149_ROBERATLANTATABLE.thumb.png.a4f92cac40ad02cd42fcff19dca3ee61.png

GUIDE FOR NORWICH PLAYERS
Norwich has Aarons and Lewis at wingbacks, zimmerman 17 jumping at dc with godfrey, Rupp and Stieperman/Cantwell at MR/ML, Pukki at forward. And Buendia Duda at AMC.
[20:55]
Would get DMC on loan, Llorente maybe. Another wingback left for cover. And back up striker. That's it
Edited by knap