Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Following up on my previous post - Still !FM19.2.1BEOWULF424KnapP112 

2nd season with Rotherham - I changed mentality to balanced against the bigger teams, other than that just used as is. Instant result skin used.

Plenty of transfers. Mostly the usual young talents though. SO in terms of ability we should be fighting for mid-table at best imo. Definitely overachieving big time with this. Crazy.

s2ccup.jpg

s2eurocup.jpg

s2facup.jpg

s2prem1.jpg

s2prem2.jpg

s2table.jpg

s2trans.jpg

Currently trying 4-2-3-1 and 4-2-4 to bounce back from a bit of tactical slump in my (still very successful) Rosenborg save. With my old tactic (Wing Play-based) I had a woeful shot conversion ratio, with 25 shots, but only 3 or 4 on target...

So far so good, but still with fewer goals than expected (2 and 3). I suspect it's my inconsistent strikers' fault.

However, is "Tackle Harder" really necessary? I got two red cards in 3 games and plenty of yellows.

Hard tackling is just one of many factors for red cards. I put Mata on as a sub and within a minute he was set off Usually as long as you don't drop pts from a red and a SUS is working I would not change. If you reduce hard tackling then not a problem if happy with results. Another way may be to reduce hard tackling if you have a good lead as part of a control tactic.

@RBKalle Try turning pressing down by a notch (or two if you have to - but be wary of the potential knock-on!) if you're struggling; counter press will cause your team to concede a lot of fouls and pick up a lot of cards. Combine the extra fouls with hard tackling and it can cause issues. The ref also makes a big difference - on the pre-match mail about odds etc it'll show you how many cards the ref has dished out that season; if he's high on reds (i consider high to be 5+) then consider turning off hard tackling for that game (Ass man will sometimes suggest it in his tactics brief too).

Rule of thumb for me is to keep hard tackling on and always change anyone with a yellow down to ease off. Someone requested that be done automatically as a feature but the response was that players are coded to have intelligence enough not to hard tackle/take risks when on a yellow - been playing the game way too long to trust that though so safety first!

NB: The reason so many people are conceding free kicks this year is because so many people are using counter press and the resultant fouls are just too high - more free kicks = more chance of conceding etc.

Juan Mata the enforcer? :) 

11 hours ago, FlyburtonCrisp said:

I've been using the 442 107pt for about 10 season now, mostly LLM in a few different countries and I have to say it is officially too good. I consistently punch above my weight, promotions have become a walk in the park. I've turned off the long throw scheme which seems broken in this match engine. 

So congratulations Knap, I have to find a new tactic, ha. 

did u scored insane number of goals like on the SS next to the tactic? 170 for and 27 againts is so weird

Apart from the no bonus goals from throws the old tactics should work. It will be more a case of looking for improvements. 19.2.3 will still give optimum results.

Been using BEOWULF 4222 VOLZ P110 in multiple saves with great success. Was thinking of posting this in the General sub forum but thought I would mention it here first.

I've been playing Touch for the most part lately but decided to start a new save with 19.3 in the full version until Touch is updated.

Is anyone else coaching Inter? Starting the save right off coaching Inter, and I'm wondering if there is some changes to the database with regards to Icardi besides him being stripped of his captaincy. In all of my preseason matches so far he's been awful and looking disinterested. In every other save I've had coaching Inter using knap's tactics, Icardi has been almost superhuman, scoring goals in bunches. Am I the only one seeing this? I'm still having success with this tactic, just not with my former captain. 

BEOWULF IF AF 4231 is working and better with WBs on Support. I would try WBs on support with the 424.

If you want to play mentality game, try Balanced mentality DLP on Defend and WBs on support, together with usual SUS tactic.

13 minutes ago, knap said:

BEOWULF IF AF 4231 is working and better with WBs on Support. I would try WBs on support with the 424.

If you want to play mentality game, try Balanced mentality DLP on Defend and WBs on support, together with usual SUS tactic.

Your last tactic can or can't use in 19.3 sir. 

14 minutes ago, knap said:

Did you have a new tactic for 19.3. I hope you make ASAP and i very love your tactic sir. Thank you  

There have not been many ME changes since 19.2 apart from no goals from long throws.

There are a couple of Beta tactics and BEOWULF 4231 to try.

The problem with the throws was it could cover up flaws in tactic base. However most of the tactic bases were set up before the throws in 19.2.

What team? 

BEOWULF and DEEP SICILIAN DEFENCE are FM 16 Tactics just updated, so should be a solid base without exploits.  FM17 and FM 18 were OP by 3430 and 343. The major problem in FM 19 is the over defensive AI

PSG in this game were playing like Bournemouth yesterday. 

483489410_Screenshot(1553).thumb.png.ef4cb0df68eed9cb0f482284f3f2b640.png

For me Man City are not a good FM Team like Spurs and Chelsea. MU and Lpool are good FM Teams. I doubt the results will be as good as a tactic with the throw exploit. Also early days as FMT is not even out and I use that mostly for testing.

3 hours ago, knap said:

The problem with the throws was it could cover up flaws in tactic base. However most of the tactic bases were set up before the throws in 19.2.

Started trying some older tactics and found 19.2.1BEOWULF424KnapP112 was working pretty well. One thing I've generally noticed regardless of formations are my full backs always seem crappy unless they are CWB. Maybe its just my players though.

Edited by KoolaidLips

FMT does not need tactic to be fluid, no team talks or other bloat so is quicker and better.

CWB or WBs even FBs can be set up the same. CWBs will no doubt have a higher mentality than a FB and perhaps get better ratings because of this but only the result matters.

MY RESULTS POSTED ABOVE: 442 away.fmf!FM19.2.1BEOWULF442IWKnapP111ALLCUPS.fmf

tactics used are the ones i attached. (442 away is just a minor tweak for tough away games, changes are LB changed to support, get stuck in removed and GK slow down when in possesion)

i won all cups first season going unbeaten. 2nd season i won everything but FA Cup

made no major signings so still the same squad. Players i bought like James Vaughan and Boyata for back-up

PATCH 19.3. 

SCHEDULES AND TRAINING ARE VERY IMPORTANT. EXAMPLE, ONLY PLAYED FOUR FRIENDLIES.

TRAINING IS IMPORTANT TO CONTROL!!! I NEVER LET ASSISTANT TAKE CONTROL, ONLY WITH INDIVIDUAL TRAINING!

i can post screenshots later or if someone wants to request via inbox as i dont want to spam somebody else page