Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

@knap yes using 20.3 tea for one 41131. Started a new Brazil save with RB Bragantino after latest update. Results have been very good and ME is looking pretty much the same as before to me.

113702662_RedBullBragantino_Overview.thumb.png.6a2c3608549798286965098701d5c95f.png 670775131_CampeonatoPaulistaSicrediSrieA1_Stages.thumb.png.225ecf5d6e6e59e079881f58e7bde603.png

• Replies 37.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm unconvinced anything significant has changed, It would be easy to look at the below screenshot and blame the update.

But I know personally I'm the problem, I've stuck with a 442 (which I generally dislike) that I had early goal scoring success with and ignored the problems with it. It cost me in the Champions League when my strikers couldn't bail me out.

It's the BEOWULF 442 WAF (P107) P105 EC CC btw, Great tactic if you want your strikers scoring, Rubbish (for me) defensively.

Edit - Slightly harsh on the 442, it did just save me vs Juventus

parma.jpg

Edited by 8BuggieNights15

I have to echo what others have said and say something has definitely changed after the update.

My next game in the league was home to Man Utd (i stuffed them at home in the CC before this game which was before the update) so i spent last night and tonight playing the same game over and over again with different tactics using the same line up (unless the tactic called for a couple of changes)

All the tactics i've tried have been less effective than before or ones i haven't already tried were not effective. I don't just mean Knap's tactics, i've tried others from TFF, Korea, Lisa and some others

I watched all of the matches on Key highlights and played the same game 5 times in a row with each tactic, it's taken me ages but my conclusion is something has definitely changed with the match engine. It may be a knock on effect from other things they have changed but still the tactics just don't seem as effective.

I'd say the top 3 i tried were all Knap: Beowulf 442 WAFKnap, Tea for one 4222 and Preachin 451. They did quite well but slightly inconsistent and not as potent as pre patch for sure. One called Camouflage 4231 from FM Korea (on FM Base) did ok as well but it was very attacking and conceded a lot.

It's so infuriating! Why do we have to put up with these bulls*!t patches? Can't they get a match engine that works and then release the game each year. It's about as far away from real football as you can get, can you imagine every real life team having to change tactics mid season because they suddenly didn't work? Ridiculous

it's funny, any yearI see the same thing after an update announced without ME changes.

Sigames says ME not changed, people saying the opposite.

It's a pity because the tactics were working like a treats, luckily I put steam offline in time to save fmtouch.  

Fm full version it's gone, the update was already running.  But i have to say tha I only played Fm touch lately.

I hope tha Knap can fix the tactics to work like before the latest patch

9 hours ago, Hutch1402 said:

I have to echo what others have said and say something has definitely changed after the update.

My next game in the league was home to Man Utd (i stuffed them at home in the CC before this game which was before the update) so i spent last night and tonight playing the same game over and over again with different tactics using the same line up (unless the tactic called for a couple of changes)

All the tactics i've tried have been less effective than before or ones i haven't already tried were not effective. I don't just mean Knap's tactics, i've tried others from TFF, Korea, Lisa and some others

I watched all of the matches on Key highlights and played the same game 5 times in a row with each tactic, it's taken me ages but my conclusion is something has definitely changed with the match engine. It may be a knock on effect from other things they have changed but still the tactics just don't seem as effective.

I'd say the top 3 i tried were all Knap: Beowulf 442 WAFKnap, Tea for one 4222 and Preachin 451. They did quite well but slightly inconsistent and not as potent as pre patch for sure. One called Camouflage 4231 from FM Korea (on FM Base) did ok as well but it was very attacking and conceded a lot.

It's so infuriating! Why do we have to put up with these bulls*!t patches? Can't they get a match engine that works and then release the game each year. It's about as far away from real football as you can get, can you imagine every real life team having to change tactics mid season because they suddenly didn't work? Ridiculous

Maybe something was changed (affecting performance) but definitely not ME since ME version remains exactly the same (no single smallest thing was changed regarding ME).

Edited by Zigi

@Hutch1402

There are probably many aspects of the match SI can change, without changing the ME. 

It is impossible to eliminate RNG from the game.

I would not update when winning or at a crucial point in a season.

If you let me know which tactic you are using, I will try and prioritise a re test  and update.

4 hours ago, Zigi said:

Maybe something was changed (affecting performance) but definitely not ME since ME version remains exactly the same (no single smallest thing was changed regarding ME).

Then something they have changed has indirectly changed the match engine without them knowing as it's definitely different. You can tell just by watching the highlights and how the players are reacting.

If they don't realise this well it's amateur hour isn't it?

4 hours ago, knap said:

@Hutch1402

There are probably many aspects of the match SI can change, without changing the ME. 

It is impossible to eliminate RNG from the game.

I would not update when winning or at a crucial point in a season.

If you let me know which tactic you are using, I will try and prioritise a re test  and update.

I didn't realise the update was out until i started loading the game so couldn't stop it

I've got a big Champions league game coming up so i haven't gone further than the Man Utd game yet as i wanted to make sure the tactics were still functional so my season doesn't go out of the window.

I'm going to go with Beowulf 442 WAFKnap 107 (balanced) and Tea for one 4222 (more defensive) as those two looked the strongest (i didn't test all of your tactics, just an handful)

I'll let you know how it goes later, thanks

'hutch1402

I'm not disagreeing but it is not the ME according to SI.

A few tactics are not producing the same results others are same as before. update.

3 minutes ago, knap said:

'hutch1402

I'm not disagreeing but it is not the ME according to SI.

A few tactics are not producing the same results others are same as before. update.

Yeah i understand that, all i'm saying is that something else they have changed has indirectly affected the match engine without them understanding why or knowing

You can see it clear as day when you watch the highlights, things players did before the update they don't do anymore, they are moving and playing differently

I've got Man Utd away in the FA cup next, i'm going for Tea 4222 and i'll use a mixture of attacking and cautious and i'll let you know how it goes

Thanks

Nice work Knap! I use Preachinblue451 against Man city on away game, and lose 3-0 firstly. Then I read the save and tried "regroup and hold position" (still using attacking mentality and other default instructions), and beat Man city by 3-0.

I think "regroup and hold position" is very suitable for hard away games. Does it means SUS tactic or more than a SUS tactic? (Before then I just think SUS to be something only for the last few minutes. But this "regroup and hold position" tweak may worth to be a normal tactic )

@knap

Lost on penalties to Man Utd away in the FA Cup, did quite well, quite even, used Tea 4222 with 'cautious' for most of the game. They had a player sent off in extra time

Also attached my results since the update, the first game after the update was Man City EFL Cup Final

Not been very good really as you can see how good it was before the update. Fulham and Southampton were the only good performances although Southampton had 3 CCC's but failed to put them away. Been mostly using Beowulf 442 WAFKnap since the update as it was the strongest for me before the update

1.jpg

2.jpg

@PauloTerroso97

Have a look at tactics on screenshot for the underdog French teams.

The 20.4 Parisienne 4231 P102 is also performing well in those tests. 

Also try using Home Away tactics if you run into problems.

Edited by knap

The FM 20.3 TEA FOR ONE 4231 4321 P103 has just had the best test run in The French underdog test in new patch 20.4.

Edited by knap

2 minutes ago, knap said:

The older 20.3 version.

The 20.4 version did not do as well.

Maybe I am blind, but I cannot find FM 20.3 TEA FOR ONE 4231 P103 in your Google Folder. :/

Ahh well looks like season over for me.

The league defeat to Everton has ended my league hopes, Man Utd put me out of the cup and now Athletic Club (the weakest team left in it) have knocked me out of the champions league

The tactics are definitely weaker for me after the update, something has changed

I'll keep plugging away and see if it improves (first update game was Man City EFL Cup Final)

Have been using a mixture of Beowulf 442 WAFKnap 107 and Tea for one 4222 since the update

3.jpg

Edited by Hutch1402

22 minutes ago, knap said:

@Cadoni

It is actually the 4321 formation with pts 80 87 64

Was not expecting that formation to do well with underdogs.

@knap this is a huge surprice for me. This formation was looking weak for underdog teams and now... 

Edited by Guest