Sports Interactive Community
knap

FM 20 Tactic List and FM 19 Recommended Tactic List

1 minute ago, Cwieku said:

!FM20.2.44141KnapPreachinBluesVOL2P107EC

Can the tactic be used with a top team as main tactic?

@Spikester

Highest pts with Lpool so should be good with a top team. I still amazed that Norwich are creating most chances! and top goal scorers!

Edited by knap

Really really enjoying the 4141, and the only criticism I have is that possession can be pretty terrible at times:

1328349283_ASMonacovParisSG_Review.thumb.png.24ca8daaff3f540fbd525cc2a98c69b7.png

MR R in feedback thread

The point is, teams under the cosh, camping in there own half passing sideways and backwards is the antithesis of how they would normally behave. Normally they would concede territory and possession in the hope they can counter an opponent who has over committed, resulting in very low possession and completed passes stats but giving them a chance to score and get a result.

Retaining possession deep in your own half is a characteristic of certain elite teams and is beyond most normal teams, and then its not aimless or prolonged, but based on beating the press and then moving up the pitch.

Very odd behavior.   

I have also seen the Norwich tests having high possession, which again appears illogical!

11 hours ago, knap said:

@byang08

There is no ral reason why you would need to change the set up because of players, unless they do not play well. The tactic is also set up so the BBM has more room to go forward with the winger on that side.

I am probably more gun ho and P&P Player. I tend to set up control and SUS tactics just with mentality changes and a few tweaks. However, the guide provides a much better overview of how to tweak and use tactics to your advantage, and if you read a few posts starting on cautious works as a plan. Also worth having a Plan B or even Plan C tactics rather than rely on just one. The whole package gives you an armory against the AI.

Thanks for the explanation. Another question, for your wulf4411 tactic and some others with an AMC, why does the AMC role not have any individual instructions?

4141, again using my 2nd team:

1552092212_ParisSGvBordeaux_Review.thumb.png.6f460a2a97087aa11caf2b6f6d8bc41c.png

Also this is how the league finished, I don't think I have ever scored so much goals:

332777557_Ligue1Conforama_Stages.thumb.png.1d63b29f633dc801390fcd8797988e1c.png

23 minutes ago, Spikester said:

4141, again using my 2nd team:

1552092212_ParisSGvBordeaux_Review.thumb.png.6f460a2a97087aa11caf2b6f6d8bc41c.png

Also this is how the league finished, I don't think I have ever scored so much goals:

332777557_Ligue1Conforama_Stages.thumb.png.1d63b29f633dc801390fcd8797988e1c.png

which 4141 ?? thanks 

Edited by kelvin0131

10 minutes ago, kelvin0131 said:

which 4141 ?? thanks 

FM20.2.44141KnapPreachinBluesVOL2P107EC

Which tactic is best suited in AWAY games? 

Using Argus343 (with Man-marking) but the striker "Haller" doesnt score in AWAY games. Chances are there but he misses. Which PPM do you think would work in this Patch, "Shoot with Power" or "Place shots"?

Do wingbacks need crossing? They DONT seem to cross alot, but when they do its blocked

Can you be more specific which kind of players you need in attack? Is it important to have "Left foot on right and vice versa"I have got Filipe Andersson and Bowen, both have got cuts inside in PPM. Sometimes they perform, like hit and miss not much consistency from Top 3

I have tried the" mentalitet thing", if you start with positive or balanced, Do i need to remove instructions? 

Do you think that every Assistant manager have same traning schedule? Do their "Defensiv, Attacking" matter when they plan schedule? 

@knap One more request plese, Can you make a Traning schedule according to your tactics? You dont need to put in Match day or something like that, just the programs you think would be suitable? And then everyone can plan their schedule according to that with match day and all

Thanks

Currently having great success with Beowulf 107 with the wingers moved up in to the AML/AMR positions to make a 424.

Premier League & Carabao Cup with Spurs 1st season, lost in Champions League final.

3 hours ago, sverige91 said:

@knap One more request plese, Can you make a Traning schedule according to your tactics? You dont need to put in Match day or something like that, just the programs you think would be suitable? And then everyone can plan their schedule according to that with match day and all

Thanks

you should be able to do so yourself. i might look into it my self as i make my schedules. but to get the most out of the tactic, i find using/tweaking the balance schedule is best and adding match prep 

40 minutes ago, Sezer1905 said:

How should the opponent's instructions and general training be adjusted in knap tactics?

I believe you should set yourself responsible for OI but do not use any as they affect the tactic.

I also believe training is left to AM.

Edited by eencae
Typo

@DjelsWingers would usually be left on left inverted right on left but with cut in ppms  I would normally use the cut in in preference. Because of the various combinations it is best to test with the players at your disposal.

You can during a match try the various options and this applies also to strikers, and sometimes the MCs.

When you get injuries, especially in LL, it is good to be flexible rather than have rigid rules.

FM 20.2 Tactics  (includes Beta tactics and FM 20.2.4)

TACTIC LINKS AND TACTIC RANKINGS FROM THE INDEPENDENT TESTS (MR L & FM BASE) ARE NOW ON GOOGLE DOCS LINK BELOW

http://bit.ly/knaptactics

Because I test with top, the pts total in tactic name will give an idea of what is best for top club, Top Clubs should be able to use all of the tactics.

Top Club say 1-4 in League (Lpool MC etc)

Sub Top  3-7 in League

Sub Top 5-10 in League

Sub Mid 11-15

Underdog the rest

Can also use Top and Sub Top a Home Tactic Underdog Away or

Top Favourite Sub Top Evens Underdog if Underdog

MENTALITY MATTERS GUIDE

MRr Hough recommended shouts

Use shouts Show Some Passion and Demand More. Also concentrate if leading by a few goals

@Sezer1905

eencae is correct. you need to take control of OIs and not set any up. The AM handles training.

All the results are from not using any special training..

@sverige91

With regard to mentalities I believe most change mentality only. The exception would be a SUS tactic, which is covered by Optimus Guide. I do not always use all the changes as it depends on how the match is proceeding.

@knap, which tactic would recommend for Norwich, trying your 4411, but not scoring goals... Any suggestion?

@knap is the Beowulf442P107 tested in 20.2.4 doing 107 points really?

Which 442 do you think is best now? In 20.2.3 it used to be FM20.2.3Wulf442DLKnapP101ECFA.fmf which was clearly best overall on MRL..

Edited by Dreambuilder

@knap, thanks! trying 343, looking good so far. won against bournemouth home and drew away at Arsenal..should have won, so looking good 

@Dreambuilder

FM Base are creating a new DB and intend having 5 Categories. Not sure what happened at MR L as  Gigglux did say they were starting testing.

I would either use the Norwich results or the 20.2.3 ranking as a guide.

@mcallais

The tactics to consider would be Argus 343 IF for away/difficult games and wulf 4411 or Black Echo 4132 for Home/easy games.

On 14/02/2020 at 20:32, knap said:

I love the look of this. I've been looking for a tactic for a while which allows you to play Mane, Firmino and Salah consistently and have them all score a lot of goals. Seems very close to Liverpool in real life. Well done.

It just seems to concede more and draw a few too many games compared to your other tactics which is a shame. I think if anyone is capable of matching Jurgen Klopp in the game it's you Knap :cool: