Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
knap

FM 20 Tactic List and FM 19 Recommended Tactic List

Recommended Posts

I think what rock it is trying to explain is where you go into the player settings and manually select Man Marking from a specific player/position.

 

This is something i have never used before  and would be interested to test this as could be a good way to neutralise the AM by using a DM/Volante to man mark him out of the game.... Interesting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RockIt147 said:

My 'misplaced-man-marking' expression is not accurate, which means manually asking my PF to keep eye on man-marking your DM or MC, my MC to keep eye on marking your AMC or DLF, etc.

It seems to be very very interesting concept, I tried to find it online but there is nothing and link in your post does not work.

I was wondering about 3 CBs formation, Who do we mark there?

So if understand this rightMY CF will man mark your MC/DMC and MY MC/DMC will Man mark your AMC/CF

Thank you bringing this up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mr Hough said:

I think what rock it is trying to explain is where you go into the player settings and manually select Man Marking from a specific player/position.

 

This is something i have never used before  and would be interested to test this as could be a good way to neutralise the AM by using a DM/Volante to man mark him out of the game.... Interesting. 

Thank you very much for paraphrase. That's basically what it means.There are a lot of football terms in FM, but it is very difficult to translate them from Chinese to English.

My way to achieve this is to ask a striker to withdraw to the opponent's  centre midfield and a midfielder to retract to stare at the opponent's AMC or DLF, in order to increase the lack of control in the middle.

As shown in the pictures ~

 

999.png

9999.png

99999.png

Edited by RockIt147

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, sverige91 said:

It seems to be very very interesting concept, I tried to find it online but there is nothing and link in your post does not work.

I was wondering about 3 CBs formation, Who do we mark there?

So if understand this rightMY CF will man mark your MC/DMC and MY MC/DMC will Man mark your AMC/CF

Thank you bringing this up

http://www.playgm.cc/thread-926651-1-1.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sverige91 said:

It seems to be very very interesting concept, I tried to find it online but there is nothing and link in your post does not work.

I was wondering about 3 CBs formation, Who do we mark there?

So if understand this rightMY CF will man mark your MC/DMC and MY MC/DMC will Man mark your AMC/CF

Thank you bringing this up

my ML man-marking your WBR,while my MR man-marking your WBL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, RockIt147 said:

My 'misplaced-man-marking' expression is not accurate, which means manually asking my PF to keep eye on man-marking your DM or MC, my MC to keep eye on marking your AMC or DLF, etc.

I tried it mid-match vs Watford, I am Everton and scored 2 goals in 30 min + It was stable, no direct counter attack, Will try more in upcoming matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember a Tactic called Blue Bloods in the last Patch that Used Player Instructions like this and it was very successful in testing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few years ago now, The Better Half used man marking in her tactics with great success.

However,a man marking system means adapting in each game and therefore difficult to include in a P&P tactic. However, if it works and happy playing with man marking then use it to your advantage. It is the same with mentality matters in that by adjusting your game you should be able o get better results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, RockIt147 said:

my ML man-marking your WBR,while my MR man-marking your WBL.

Just to be clear here for other , who are reading. Is this right?

1. Against 433 & 4231, ML/MR will man mark AML/AMR
2. Against 532 , ML/MR will man mark WBR/WBL
3. And against all other formation who uses AMC, (my MCR) will man mark
4. And against all other formation who uses MCL, (my STCR) will man mark

Can you please explain this: "It's easy to play against 433, just pull the striker on the right to stare at the opponent's back." - I didnt understand which position are they talking about.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knap, what would be the best tactic to use for a newly promoted Leeds team? Tried Sympathy but seems to create so many chances and not score and tend to be conceding a fair amount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, knap said:

It is the same with mentality matters in that by adjusting your game you should be able o get better results.

Yeah I agree with Knap here. I don't remember what tactic I'm using - I think its Wulf442Balanced.

Last night I played 3 matches on key highlights, pausing the game at minutes 15, 40, 60, 70, 75, 85 using the rough guidelines of Mentality Matters.

My team is suffering from lots of injuries to key players, but I still managed to win the cup final 1 - 0, and from 2 league games, won one, and drew the other.

I didn't expect to win the final, and thought I was going to lose both league games - mostly because of all the injuries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr Hough said:

I remember a Tactic called Blue Bloods in the last Patch that Used Player Instructions like this and it was very successful in testing.

Yes,the Blue Blood Sword tactic is a striker-less formation set by a Chinese player, it's name comes from the novel Sword Stained with Royal Blood by Jin Yong, a famous martial arts master in Hong Kong. In fact, the purpose of manually retreating the striker to man-to-man in midfield or using no-forward tactics is to compete for midfield, gain more control, and have more opportunities to break the ball and counterattack in the front court.

Edited by RockIt147

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sverige91 said:

Just to be clear here for other , who are reading. Is this right?

1. Against 433 & 4231, ML/MR will man mark AML/AMR
2. Against 532 , ML/MR will man mark WBR/WBL
3. And against all other formation who uses AMC, (my MCR) will man mark
4. And against all other formation who uses MCL, (my STCR) will man mark

Can you please explain this: "It's easy to play against 433, just pull the striker on the right to stare at the opponent's back." - I didnt understand which position are they talking about.
 

1. Against 4231, one striker goes back to man-marking one centre midfielder who is the playmaker of your opponent, while one of your MC goes back to man-marking the opponent's AMC or DLF. For example, STCR marking MCL, MCR marking AMC or STCL.

2. Against 41221, one striker goes back to man-marking the DM of your opponent; another striker goes back to man-marking the MC who is the playmaker of your opponent, if needed. For example, STCR marking DM, STCL marking MCR.

3. Against 352,343, etc, ML/MR should man-marking WBR/WBL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RockIt147 said:

I played for a season with the tactics adjusted by Mr H and RDF, as shown in the picture, winning the Premier League, Carling Cup and Europa League, and losing to West Ham on penalties in the FA Cup. Of course, I didn't use the Instant Result, to lead the game all by myself, and I used the misplaced man-to-man marking, and every game was manually set, mainly one PF withdrew the opponent's DM or MC, one MC stared at the opponent's AMC or the organizational striker. The using of misplaced man-marking's effect is good, especially in the face of 4231 and 3 DC's tactics. The defensive effect is good, but the overall goal is not so many.

 

111.png

222.png

333.png

444.png

555.png

666.png

777.png

888.png

Is this beta or?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@RossGib900

Sicilian on positive had good test results, so I would try this tactic.

May also be worth trying Northern soul 352 or argus 352.

Also man marking guide above and mentality guide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Knap,

I'm doing an online save with one of my friend. I'm the host of the save. If I was to change over to the Beta version, would the online game change to the Beta version too?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, knap said:

A few years ago now, The Better Half used man marking in her tactics with great success.

However,a man marking system means adapting in each game and therefore difficult to include in a P&P tactic. However, if it works and happy playing with man marking then use it to your advantage. It is the same with mentality matters in that by adjusting your game you should be able o get better results.

Interestingly, Mourinho did so in the last 2-0 win over Manchester City. He proudly talked about the tactical changes he made Son Heung-Min's target from centre-back to Rodri to Kyle Walker, which actually reflected Tottenham's tactical arrangements at all stages of the game. https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/jose-mourinho-sends-transfer-message-17676919

"What I was saying at that time was the one playing as a nine, when the block was lower they had to get the position of Rodri, forget the centre-backs with the ball. "For the one on left with 15 minutes to go and winning 2-0, just extra effort but at this moment it is not zonal, it to chase Kyle Walker and help defend."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20.2.4 just released!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, knap said:

@hp17

 

Main game has been updated with Beta ME

I was using argus 343 and argus 3222. I'm guessing you've not made any tweaks to those yet or are they still working?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, knap said:

@hp17

 

Main game has been updated with Beta ME

Its a different match engine to the beta,they've confirmed that on twitter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The highlighted section is Beta Wulf 4132 and the other Fixtures are NorthernSoul so far:

Manchester United_ Fixtures.png

Edited by damo666
Mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New patch is out, Knap do they normally release for Touch at the same time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, knap said:

Noth look OK

How long does it take you to test a tactic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i tend to be setting tactics up which is slower. MR H tests very quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sverige91 said:

Just to be clear here for other , who are reading. Is this right?

1. Against 433 & 4231, ML/MR will man mark AML/AMR
2. Against 532 , ML/MR will man mark WBR/WBL
3. And against all other formation who uses AMC, (my MCR) will man mark
4. And against all other formation who uses MCL, (my STCR) will man mark

Can you please explain this: "It's easy to play against 433, just pull the striker on the right to stare at the opponent's back." - I didnt understand which position are they talking about.
 

New season, Community Shield my Wolves 6-0 West Ham United, the opponent is usually a 4141 formation, last season against him three times, two draws and one win, especially after the FA Cup 1-1 draw, I lost in the penalties and stopped in the semi-finals.

In new season, I followed his DM all the way with the left forward Patrick Cutrone; the right forward Erling Haaland kept eyes on his MCL (that is, the playmaker of West Ham) and won in the end.

I understand that the reason why one of the strikers in the 442 is to keep  eyes on the opponent's DM is to force him to return to my own AMC position to ensure the advantage of the number of midfielders, while the other striker follows the opponent's playmaker in order to interfere with the opponent's offensive organization and get more opportunities to break the ball and counter-attack.

Of course, if the opponent's strength is average, basically keeping an eye on DM is ok.

 

111.png

222.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Venom & Faith 100P is working great for 20.2.4 after i tweaked IWB's to CWB(a)'s and moved defensive line to much higher. Early to tell after only 7 games, but finally destroying bus parking teams with 6-0 (3 games), 7-1 (one game), 5-0 (one game), other 2 are champions league games against Dortmund (which is maybe a little bit weaker than my side), winning 3-0 away and 4-1 home. Goals are evenly scored between two advanced forwards, left winger seems to get most assists together with midfielders and complete wing backs, and which is surprising, right winger on attack seems to score almost as much as AF, mostly from left wing assist. Left footed winger on left, right footed on right wing

Thanks knap, your tactics are amazing as always

Edited by vukigepard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the latest version now 20.2.4 Is there any massive changes in regards to subtop/home tactics and underdog/away tactic when looking at google list? Or is some of the beta tactics taking over? So many tactics to choose from 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@bluenosejak

Mr H will be testing as many tactics as quickly as possible. A few others are also testing, so will need to see what changes are needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to post this Venom tactic as a Beta tactic.

Tactic in updated ME 2039

1458527247_Screenshot(428).thumb.png.7b9c1c797854ed7208fd8e75e3048ac9.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, knap said:

I was going to post this Venom tactic as a Beta tactic.

Tactic in updated ME 2039

1458527247_Screenshot(428).thumb.png.7b9c1c797854ed7208fd8e75e3048ac9.png

 

And you gave up? :)

Btw 2 matches and 2 copy corner goals. I hope this is  not exploit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, vukigepard said:

Venom & Faith 100P is working great for 20.2.4 after i tweaked IWB's to CWB(a)'s and moved defensive line to much higher. Early to tell after only 7 games, but finally destroying bus parking teams with 6-0 (3 games), 7-1 (one game), 5-0 (one game), other 2 are champions league games against Dortmund (which is maybe a little bit weaker than my side), winning 3-0 away and 4-1 home. Goals are evenly scored between two advanced forwards, left winger seems to get most assists together with midfielders and complete wing backs, and which is surprising, right winger on attack seems to score almost as much as AF, mostly from left wing assist. Left footed winger on left, right footed on right wing

Thanks knap, your tactics are amazing as always

why dont you upload it with your changes and lets see how it goes for others ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 30 Minuten schrieb knap:

I was going to post this Venom tactic as a Beta tactic.

Tactic in updated ME 2039

1458527247_Screenshot(428).thumb.png.7b9c1c797854ed7208fd8e75e3048ac9.png

 

Can not wait for that one mate :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, knap said:

I was going to post this Venom tactic as a Beta tactic.

Tactic in updated ME 2039

1458527247_Screenshot(428).thumb.png.7b9c1c797854ed7208fd8e75e3048ac9.png

 

 

Waiting patiently...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @knap still doing amazing with many of your tactics so no complaints here.
One thing I’ve noticed is attacking corners seem to leave an unmarked player on the half way line and very often he gets the ball and has a straight run at my keeper. Have you noticed this in your testing? Just thought I’d point it out. 

Edited by JMcK910

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...