Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few years ago now, The Better Half used man marking in her tactics with great success.

However,a man marking system means adapting in each game and therefore difficult to include in a P&P tactic. However, if it works and happy playing with man marking then use it to your advantage. It is the same with mentality matters in that by adjusting your game you should be able o get better results.

30 minutes ago, RockIt147 said:

my ML man-marking your WBR,while my MR man-marking your WBL.

Just to be clear here for other , who are reading. Is this right?

1. Against 433 & 4231, ML/MR will man mark AML/AMR
2. Against 532 , ML/MR will man mark WBR/WBL
3. And against all other formation who uses AMC, (my MCR) will man mark
4. And against all other formation who uses MCL, (my STCR) will man mark

Can you please explain this: "It's easy to play against 433, just pull the striker on the right to stare at the opponent's back." - I didnt understand which position are they talking about.

50 minutes ago, knap said:

It is the same with mentality matters in that by adjusting your game you should be able o get better results.

Yeah I agree with Knap here. I don't remember what tactic I'm using - I think its Wulf442Balanced.

Last night I played 3 matches on key highlights, pausing the game at minutes 15, 40, 60, 70, 75, 85 using the rough guidelines of Mentality Matters.

My team is suffering from lots of injuries to key players, but I still managed to win the cup final 1 - 0, and from 2 league games, won one, and drew the other.

I didn't expect to win the final, and thought I was going to lose both league games - mostly because of all the injuries.

1 hour ago, Mr Hough said:

I remember a Tactic called Blue Bloods in the last Patch that Used Player Instructions like this and it was very successful in testing.

Yes,the Blue Blood Sword tactic is a striker-less formation set by a Chinese player, it's name comes from the novel Sword Stained with Royal Blood by Jin Yong, a famous martial arts master in Hong Kong. In fact, the purpose of manually retreating the striker to man-to-man in midfield or using no-forward tactics is to compete for midfield, gain more control, and have more opportunities to break the ball and counterattack in the front court.

Edited by RockIt147

1 hour ago, sverige91 said:

Can you please explain this: "It's easy to play against 433, just pull the striker on the right to stare at the opponent's back." - I didnt understand which position are they talking about.

1. Against 4231, one striker goes back to man-marking one centre midfielder who is the playmaker of your opponent, while one of your MC goes back to man-marking the opponent's AMC or DLF. For example, STCR marking MCL, MCR marking AMC or STCL.

2. Against 41221, one striker goes back to man-marking the DM of your opponent; another striker goes back to man-marking the MC who is the playmaker of your opponent, if needed. For example, STCR marking DM, STCL marking MCR.

3. Against 352,343, etc, ML/MR should man-marking WBR/WBL.

4 hours ago, RockIt147 said:

I played for a season with the tactics adjusted by Mr H and RDF, as shown in the picture, winning the Premier League, Carling Cup and Europa League, and losing to West Ham on penalties in the FA Cup. Of course, I didn't use the Instant Result, to lead the game all by myself, and I used the misplaced man-to-man marking, and every game was manually set, mainly one PF withdrew the opponent's DM or MC, one MC stared at the opponent's AMC or the organizational striker. The using of misplaced man-marking's effect is good, especially in the face of 4231 and 3 DC's tactics. The defensive effect is good, but the overall goal is not so many.

111.png

222.png

333.png

444.png

555.png

666.png

777.png

888.png

Is this beta or?

3 hours ago, knap said:

A few years ago now, The Better Half used man marking in her tactics with great success.

However,a man marking system means adapting in each game and therefore difficult to include in a P&P tactic. However, if it works and happy playing with man marking then use it to your advantage. It is the same with mentality matters in that by adjusting your game you should be able o get better results.

Interestingly, Mourinho did so in the last 2-0 win over Manchester City. He proudly talked about the tactical changes he made Son Heung-Min's target from centre-back to Rodri to Kyle Walker, which actually reflected Tottenham's tactical arrangements at all stages of the game. https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/jose-mourinho-sends-transfer-message-17676919

"What I was saying at that time was the one playing as a nine, when the block was lower they had to get the position of Rodri, forget the centre-backs with the ball. "For the one on left with 15 minutes to go and winning 2-0, just extra effort but at this moment it is not zonal, it to chase Kyle Walker and help defend."

6 hours ago, sverige91 said:

New season, Community Shield my Wolves 6-0 West Ham United, the opponent is usually a 4141 formation, last season against him three times, two draws and one win, especially after the FA Cup 1-1 draw, I lost in the penalties and stopped in the semi-finals.

In new season, I followed his DM all the way with the left forward Patrick Cutrone; the right forward Erling Haaland kept eyes on his MCL (that is, the playmaker of West Ham) and won in the end.

I understand that the reason why one of the strikers in the 442 is to keep  eyes on the opponent's DM is to force him to return to my own AMC position to ensure the advantage of the number of midfielders, while the other striker follows the opponent's playmaker in order to interfere with the opponent's offensive organization and get more opportunities to break the ball and counter-attack.

Of course, if the opponent's strength is average, basically keeping an eye on DM is ok.

111.png

222.png

Venom & Faith 100P is working great for 20.2.4 after i tweaked IWB's to CWB(a)'s and moved defensive line to much higher. Early to tell after only 7 games, but finally destroying bus parking teams with 6-0 (3 games), 7-1 (one game), 5-0 (one game), other 2 are champions league games against Dortmund (which is maybe a little bit weaker than my side), winning 3-0 away and 4-1 home. Goals are evenly scored between two advanced forwards, left winger seems to get most assists together with midfielders and complete wing backs, and which is surprising, right winger on attack seems to score almost as much as AF, mostly from left wing assist. Left footed winger on left, right footed on right wing

Thanks knap, your tactics are amazing as always

Edited by vukigepard

37 minutes ago, vukigepard said:

Venom & Faith 100P is working great for 20.2.4 after i tweaked IWB's to CWB(a)'s and moved defensive line to much higher. Early to tell after only 7 games, but finally destroying bus parking teams with 6-0 (3 games), 7-1 (one game), 5-0 (one game), other 2 are champions league games against Dortmund (which is maybe a little bit weaker than my side), winning 3-0 away and 4-1 home. Goals are evenly scored between two advanced forwards, left winger seems to get most assists together with midfielders and complete wing backs, and which is surprising, right winger on attack seems to score almost as much as AF, mostly from left wing assist. Left footed winger on left, right footed on right wing

Thanks knap, your tactics are amazing as always

why dont you upload it with your changes and lets see how it goes for others ??

Hey @knap still doing amazing with many of your tactics so no complaints here.
One thing I’ve noticed is attacking corners seem to leave an unmarked player on the half way line and very often he gets the ball and has a straight run at my keeper. Have you noticed this in your testing? Just thought I’d point it out. 

Edited by JMcK910

I suggest give a try FM 20.2beowulf 442WAF P107

fix.jpg

With new ME

- nearly no through ball counters

- Number of CCC reduced ( I mean statistically)  but have lots of chances in any case

- number of stupid mistakes  reduced too

Edited by deggiall