Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

On 24/01/2020 at 17:11, knap said:

@Bcfclee27

The Norwich test is in 20.2.4

So gave the Norwich tactics test a go with Airbus in the welsh league.....

image.thumb.png.baca23861a13152c55dc4fe7cc85f98a.png

And sacked !!!!

Just another tactic that doesn't work for me.

Ive tried all of them, all of yours Knap & TFFs but they just don't work.

Im wondering if its because I always use Low League teams that they cant cope with the tactics.

I know Norwich are classed as underdog etc, but their players are far far superior to Airbus.....

• Replies 37.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Bcfclee27

I am not sure what tier Airbus are classified, but it would be low. The tactic has maximum tempo so may not be that suitable for players at that level. Also are you using the Beta ME.

I had a quick look at your non league to PL thread and I would suggest starting with an easier team in VNS. A lot has changed with regard to scouting and it may be that the squad is weak for the league, as it is now a lot harder to bring the better players into squad. Good player guide for lower leagues is a good resource, as is the suggestions in your thread.

I would say give yourself a chance at getting a few wins first and progress from there.

4 minutes ago, knap said:

@Bcfclee27

I am not sure what tier Airbus are classified, but it would be low. The tactic has maximum tempo so may not be that suitable for players at that level. Also are you using the Beta ME.

I had a quick look at your non league to PL thread and I would suggest starting with an easier team in VNS. A lot has changed with regard to scouting and it may be that the squad is weak for the league, as it is now a lot harder to bring the better players into squad. Good player guide for lower leagues is a good resource, as is the suggestions in your thread.

I would say give yourself a chance at getting a few wins first and progress from there.

Hi Knap, posted the below on TFFs thread.....

Im totally with magicnutt on this....

Now to start with im very grateful for TFF & KNAP who are obviously tactical genius when it comes to football manager.

My issue is with the game...

I have downloaded nearly all of TFFs and Knaps tactics but they never work for me. Now I usually bounce around lower leagues like vanarama or currently in welsh league, so im wondering if the tactic just wont work with really poor players ie they cant pull off the tactic......

FM already had a difficulty level set into it - so if like me you want to download someone elses tactics and just plug and play to glory then that is simply cheating and on an easy difficulty level.

For those that want a challenge then they design their own tactics and this makes it tough.

The beauty of FM always was if you found it too easy downloading others tactics you simply start again using your own and this makes it a hard game to play then.

For some people like me say, FM is no fun if you manage someone like slough for 10 years and stay in the same division just because that makes it realistic. By being able to cheat ie download someones tactics you can generally choose how hard you want to make it to play.

on previous games I loved being able to download a tactic, plug and play and after 10 - 20 seasons id be in the champions league with someone like Bath city.

At the moment I enjoy FM20 and at the same time cannot stand it because I just cannot find a tactic to plug and play that is successful.

I have tried about 20 saves with different lower league clubs but just cannot find a tactic that works well for the lower leagues.
im getting so fed up with FM 20 because of this but hey just my thoughts.

@Bcfclee27

The game has changed over the last few years and it is a lot harder to bring in quality players.

I would suggest you start with a top team in VNS and take it from there. I won the league with the Slough game you sent me, so I doubt the tactics are not working in general at that level. for ideas

I would also suggest reading the Dafuge Challenge thread.

51 minutes ago, knap said:

@Bcfclee27

The game has changed over the last few years and it is a lot harder to bring in quality players.

I would suggest you start with a top team in VNS and take it from there. I won the league with the Slough game you sent me, so I doubt the tactics are not working in general at that level. for ideas

I would also suggest reading the Dafuge Challenge thread.

will do thanks mate

OK Knap, so ive been thinking how I can adjust things to make it easier as I just cant cope with the difficulty of this game !!!

Am thinking of using the editor and locking in the teams morale to the highest.

I know this is blatant cheating but cant think of any other way to progress and enjoy a save - what are your thoughts ? would this work do you think ?

One more thing if you were gonna start off in a lower league etc which of your tactics would you use ? Im using beta....

cheers mate

@Bcfclee27

I would say freezing will probably make life a lot easier, but also gives a false impression. Test leagues use it to give every tactic a fair chance but that is to level the playing field.

The lower league game is about scouting and squad building and trying to win with a weak squad is not the best idea.

Optimus who provides the guide above suggests the TIME tactics are good for Lower Leagues as it is basic with no PIs. I would tend to use Wulf DL or Beowulf P107  and Sicilian P101 on Positive away or for difficult games.

If you check out Dafuge posts, he has been using the same wide diamond for years but builds his squad around that tactic.

1 hour ago, Bcfclee27 said:

OK Knap, so ive been thinking how I can adjust things to make it easier as I just cant cope with the difficulty of this game !!!

Am thinking of using the editor and locking in the teams morale to the highest.

I know this is blatant cheating but cant think of any other way to progress and enjoy a save - what are your thoughts ? would this work do you think ?

One more thing if you were gonna start off in a lower league etc which of your tactics would you use ? Im using beta....

cheers mate

LL go with a good tactic with simple roles like FM20.2.3Wulf442DLKnapP101ECFA. I'm playing Farsley Celtic in 6th division England. Love their kit and colors, looks like Celtic! Be aware, problem in LL is slow players so I replaced half team with faster strikers, midfielders and centerbacks on free transfer.

image.thumb.png.c2e76b82ecf21cbdb02d1a7b224760e5.pngimage.thumb.png.b1e6cb9890e1a6a6beb3f9a67fd4195b.pngFM20.2.3Wulf442DLKnapP101ECFASUS.fmf

FM20.2.3Wulf442DLKnapP101ECFA.fmf

Edited by Dreambuilder

16 minutes ago, knap said:

@Bcfclee27

I would say freezing will probably make life a lot easier, but also gives a false impression. Test leagues use it to give every tactic a fair chance but that is to level the playing field.

The lower league game is about scouting and squad building and trying to win with a weak squad is not the best idea.

Optimus who provides the guide above suggests the TIME tactics are good for Lower Leagues as it is basic with no PIs. I would tend to use Wulf DL or Beowulf P107  and Sicilian P101 on Positive away or for difficult games.

If you check out Dafuge posts, he has been using the same wide diamond for years but builds his squad around that tactic.

Thanks Knap - another thing I struggle with is finding better players that what I have with these teams - any tips on finding better players - another problem with lower leagues is the scouts etc reports seem to be very hit and miss....

6 minutes ago, Bcfclee27 said:

Thanks Knap - another thing I struggle with is finding better players that what I have with these teams - any tips on finding better players - another problem with lower leagues is the scouts etc reports seem to be very hit and miss....

Heres a shortlist of some good free agents for LL. Some got random determinatio n from game to game tho, i dont use players below 10 determination. FMS FM20 Vanarama National League NS.fmf

On 20/01/2020 at 02:31, Totalfootballfan said:

training.thumb.png.a3efbcf64043279f02fc750675bcb0d1.png

On 22/01/2020 at 18:45, knap said:

Beta independent test Sympathy VOL2P108  (predicted 19th)

1894840567_Screenshot(368).thumb.png.5e08fd9a5677186ebb8722c2ce538f92.png

15 hours ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

Beta

hello, could you teach me how to change Beta vision ?? thanks 

1 hour ago, knap said:

@Bcfclee27

Wulf DL

Beowulf P107

Sicilian P101

Are these on page 1 of this thread Knap just so I know if im downloading the right ones ?

Or even better can you reply with the links :)

6 hours ago, Bcfclee27 said:
31 minutes ago, Bcfclee27 said:

Thanks for all your help Knap.

Couple Qs

Whats the difference between Wulf DL & Beowulf ? They seem very similar ?

Wulf - narrow, defensive line dropped, BOE - wide, definsive high line for me Wulf < Beo. TOP1 scilianp108  (tested 8 knap's tactics) for underdog scilinap101

FM20.2.3SympathyforthedevilKnapZaipVOL2P108FACC.fmf FM20.2SICILIAN442DLKnapP101ALLCUPS (1).fmf

Edited by erzet17

1 hour ago, erzet17 said:

Wulf - narrow, defensive line dropped, BOE - wide, definsive high line for me Wulf < Beo. TOP1 scilianp108  (tested 8 knap's tactics) for underdog scilinap101

FM20.2.3SympathyforthedevilKnapZaipVOL2P108FACC.fmf 45.03 kB · 5 downloads FM20.2SICILIAN442DLKnapP101ALLCUPS (1).fmf 45.11 kB · 11 downloads

Sorry Erzet, are you saying Wulf is better than Beowulf ?

5 hours ago, Bcfclee27 said:

One way to make the game easier (although it is another form of cheating) is to use a scouting tool as Knap suggested. I have used FMRTE as it has a Mac version and is very easy to find unattached players with reasonable ratings that can be picked up by lower league clubs.

I'm currently having great fun managing Ringwood from the 10th tier of English football (I loaded the 3rd party database that enables down to the 10th tier) using the beta version and SympathyVol2 tactic. It's a bit challenging having all players on non-contract so other teams regularly steal my best players so you are constantly recruiting new players all the time! Two promotions in two seasons so far though which is very rewarding.

FM20.1.4 (beta)         FM20.2.3SympathyforthedevilKnapZaipVOL2P108FACC

First season, without making any transfers in the winter window.

I prefer to start most of home games on positive mentality (and switch to attacking eventually). Away on balanced (eventually switch one up or down, depending of the result).  Because fast winger have many opportunities to cross, i used Bellarabi on the right side, and Bailey on left, but without changing their main tactical roles. During posession play they give another option for wide defender to pass, being positioned in at the edge of the box, during counterattack they act like classical wingers.

@knap Very good job :)

bayer1.jpg

bayer2.jpg

bayer3.jpg

Just now, Tydomo said:

@Dicko1878 On the beta is it working well yeah?

Yeah mate,  Moise Kean is the top goalscorer with 40+ goals this season, won the prem (little forunate as I only plugged it in in Jan) and final of the champions league. 

I've got the 4222 Leipzig one as a tactic as well I occasionaly use just to mix it up 

30 minutes ago, Dicko1878 said:

Paris 4231 is quality, push the defensive line to much higher and put the mentality on positive

Really the 4231 performs well on beta? I didn’t try it cause I stack on a 424 formation on 20.2.3 patch.

@Cadoni

Probably very little but MR H can't remember. MR H has been using the tactic in FM 20.2.3. FM Base are updating the testing and currently this is the top ranked tactic tested in Beta.

MR H has been trying to improve the base tactic so hoping we can make it even better.

26 minutes ago, knap said:

@Par1s

Best performing 4231 in FM 20.2.3.

I will see how it tests in Beta if you want to check tweaks.

So, I will do some tweaks and I will send you the tactic.

20 minutes ago, erzet17 said:

@Par1s , @knap

20.2.4 - 4231knapparisp101, during test

piras.png

Seems to work ok. Did you make any changes?