Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

Milan invited me for the third season. I came there after a 0-1 defeat by Sampdoria and put it PreachinBlues 4-1-4-1. In the match with Atalanta (2-2) I used Simpathy 20.2.3 - missed 2 goals, leading in the score 2-0.
For me the perfect tactics PreachinBlues 4-1-4-1 and Argus 3322 because my players STRANGLE the rival players with these tactics.

2020-01-06.png

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@knap Was crushing every team in league with tactic FM20SympathyforthedevilKnapZaipvol2442P103ECCC (with Osijek, Feyenoord and Leipzig) but could lose noname in EL in play-off round. What's wrong with this tactic, how can i change it? Using IR

I know a few people had a change in fortune on the patch update. FM Base actually re tested a few tactics pre and post patch and the results were are within 3% of the original test. My theory is the "luck factor" testers call RNG is somehow reset on any reboot.

If you have a save from Friday it may be interesting just to replay those games a couple of times to see whether there is a variation in results.

I think to have found the right way with Beowulf 107 plt 442 and the new simpathy 108 pt

for away games i usually drop the mentality to positive or balanced and switch it during the game to cautious or defensive if needed.

Changing the mentality will help to decrease counter Attacks and long balls.

Milan invited me for the third season. I came there after a 0-1 defeat by Sampdoria and put it PreachinBlues 4-1-4-1. After draw against Atalanta (1-1 06.03.22) set Preachin Blues 4-5-1. I haven 't lost once for Milan since I came. Won the Italian Cup and the Euro Cup. In Serie A took 3 place due to a large handicap by the time of arrival. In each match my players STRANGLE players of the rival. All matches in Instant Result. 

2020-01-06 (1).png

2020-01-06 (2).png

2020-01-06 (3).png

Edited by Dersturmer

Been using the Parissienne tactic as I want a 4-2-3-1 shape as well, doing decently with my Hull City side in the Premier league but not amazing. We are underdogs and currently in 10th place with half the season gone, which is definitely out-performing. But not able to build any consistency in results. 

Also on this save and the last one too I have noticed an over-reliance on the striker, currently my sole striker (probably also my best player - Brewster) has 25 goals by January, the next best tally after him is just 5 goals. The AM Bradley Dack is doing okay, but the wingers have been average with around 3-4 goals & assists each. These are Medeiros on the right and Watkins on the left, both very well suited to IF or IW roles. 

In my last save I had a similar issue with Jack Marriott playing SC and scoring all the goals, while the likes of Bowen & Lawrence playing IW positions were struggling to get more than say 1 in every 4 games. 

It seems to me like the current ME is hugely over-powered towards strikers which would explain why most of the good tactics have 2 up-front, but is there any way to get the midfielders scoring more regularly? I would ideally like my 3 attacking midfielders to all hit double figures so the goals are more spread around.

Parisienne is the best tested 4231, but in general the 4231 formation is probably the hardest to get to work well.

Par1s tweaked this formation and can probably provide a lot more detail.

I like to test Sicilian in the most unlikely leagues. Like Uzbekistan :D

1754241884_Coca-ColaOzbekistonSuperligasi_Stages.thumb.png.5a6973a3e284de55671db755595cdc38.png

Undefeated plus cup winner (predicted 3rd). The great Uzbek hope:

1712700924_SanjarQodirqulov_Attributes.thumb.png.5ac95e81e60107290171c3aba9016278.png

As I previously said, I feel pretty confident that with some decent squad building Sicilian (and the 442 variants) can massively overachieve at any level. Hopefully next patch will allow AMC to do AMC things in a 4231 or 4312. Until then Sicilian is easily my top choice.

image.thumb.png.74c8ec6f9c6eebf45b6ef88e88531714.pngimage.thumb.png.fef788d368ad04bf8e1c117a3dc0cfdc.pngimage.thumb.png.2900952847e6d46ab3570a364333bd8e.pngimage.thumb.png.bee2aa65eb2fa0bc9abbc4a2f86f0f9e.pngimage.thumb.png.a8fcd55ad9d87887cb1409b5a9bf79fc.pngimage.thumb.png.a93aff91d2be9709dee5535db3a725e0.pngimage.thumb.png.c72cac3489e1843d11552288be9b7be2.png   

So i started the season with the sunrise tactics but something wasn't clicking, was getting chances but just didnt feel the tactics was the same especially after i won the title a season before with it. So i switched to sympathy after my 2-0 loss to Barca and the rest is pretty much in the screenshots. the only reason i got knocked out by barca in the champs league was a glitch that made me Dc while winning 2-0 at home, i didnt join back and some how the match ended 2-2 (i am not the host of the online save)  and altered my results but oo well there is next season. For those that will notice the friendlies during the season, it was a world cup year and it somehow took place during the season.  Currently over 43 games unbeaten. Thanks Knap

Hi Knap,

I think I made a similar request to you for FM19, but which would you recommend as a nice, solid tactic that improves the sum of its parts but doesn't blow teams away? In other words, something that might take a newly promoted side say, three seasons to get promoted again (e.g. a consolidation season, mid-table/play-offs, challenging for automatic). I find that most tactics on here absolutely blast through most leagues (especially the lower divisions) and/or score/concede far too many goals. Unfortunately, I do not have the time to playtest my own tactics. I just want something that I know, if I slowly improve the players I have, will eventually bring success (always allowing for a bit of luck).

Anyway, any suggestions will be gratefully received and given a go.

Thanks.