Jump to content

FM 20 Tactic List and FM 19 Recommended Tactic List


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minuti fa, rammalc ha scritto:

It just won me the Prem playing as Derby County , only lost 3 in the league all season

Just plug and play?  No mentality change?

I'm still thinkering if it worths to change the mentality at the beginning of some difficoult matches.

Perhaps from attacking to Cautious or Balanced

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rober82 said:

Really! 2nd season?

that was 22/23 season , started the game with Sicilian which got me promoted to Prem easily enough but either  through the poor players i had or bought just struggled to kick on . Saw Davy's post on page 99 about the success he was having with 3 saves using it i thought i'd restart the season with it and never looked back .

 

Had been fortunate that all the previous tactics i'd tried before Sicilian i'd noted all the best youth and fringe players at decent prices so when Sicilian got me promoted i was buying well and they fitted well into the new tactic i guess . Still had a small squad to pick from but the goals were spread around 5 of front/mid 6

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, radetzky said:

Just plug and play?  No mentality change?

I'm still thinkering if it worths to change the mentality at the beginning of some difficoult matches.

Perhaps from attacking to Cautious or Balanced

using that tactic i promise you i never changed anything , straight out the box as is . i left all team talks to AM unless at half time i thought they needed telling so used aggressive but that was it . Aside from the odd shout of demand more during the game i just watched for substitutions

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rammalc said:

using that tactic i promise you i never changed anything , straight out the box as is . i left all team talks to AM unless at half time i thought they needed telling so used aggressive but that was it . Aside from the odd shout of demand more during the game i just watched for substitutions

Which tactic?

Bro...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Knap fan said:

Which tactic?

Bro...

It's on the previous page , knap says it's up for testing next

Link to post
Share on other sites

@knap, what Tactic would you suggest from your collection for Arsenal using the following squad, having trouble trying to pick one.

Leno
Tierney, Ruben Dias, K. Ajer, Bellerin
Torreira, Bruno Fernandes
Vinicius jr, Ozil or Haaland, Pepe
Lautaro Martinez

Would like to fit Haaland and Martinez in same team, but i guess that could leave me short in midfield with the two wingers i have.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @knap I'm currently using Wulf 4132 in my first season at Hearts, going pretty well, but can pick up a lot of cards, what tactic would you recommend, below is my best team in the current formation:

 

image.thumb.png.0bddb6113545aa5c7de3ef3e25794400.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is better to manage cards as there are a lot of factors involved. You can remove the hard tackle if confident of result

Link to post
Share on other sites
il y a 18 minutes, knap a dit :

It is better to manage cards as there are a lot of factors involved. You can remove the hard tackle if confident of result

Hey, i'm using 4132 WULF. It's seem to be good with newly promoted team. But i take a lot of yellow cards like always. Usually during the match when a player takes a yellow, i give him "ease off tackles" as instruction and it's ok. But you cant give this instruction for defensive winger so they can have a red card easier. Which role should i give to the player for give him this instruction ? Wide midfielder def support ? Winger ? something else ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been using IW on S but WM on W s are alternatives. Maybe use the players preferred role on S as that would have a marginal increase in decisions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Arsenal

I used CEOWULF 442 P107 but you could try Oxford and Parisienne walkways at home and say Argus 352 or Northern Soul away, maybe even 4141.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, knap said:

I have been using IW on S but WM on W s are alternatives. Maybe use the players preferred role on S as that would have a marginal increase in decisions.

Have you noticed an improvement with IW’s as not a lot of your tactics use them currently?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, knap said:

I thought I had used them with a 4132. I could be wrong as I have been making 2 tactics tonight.

Was going to say a few of your tactics use IWs? Any named with IW do right (not to be confused with IWB).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Because I test with top, the pts total in tactic name will give an idea of what is best for top club, Top Clubs should be able to use all of the tactics.

Top Club say 1-5 in League (Lpool MC etc)

Sub Top 6-11 in League

Underdog the rest

Can also use Top and Sub Top a Home Tactic Underdog Away or

Top Favourite Sub Top Evens Underdog if Underdog

Because of transfers and the pace of a squad the strength of teams may not correspond with Real Life. A way of judging is the odds at start of season not at beginning of  save, or use Genie Scout as it gives a % ranking. However no method is precise and will be a guess, A good way of starting is using a home and away tactic as there is a home boost in FM.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, knap said:

Because I test with top, the pts total in tactic name will give an idea of what is best for top club, Top Clubs should be able to use all of the tactics.

Top Club say 1-5 in League (Lpool MC etc)

Sub Top 6-11 in League

Underdog the rest

Can also use Top and Sub Top a Home Tactic Underdog Away or

Top Favourite Sub Top Evens Underdog if Underdog

Because of transfers and the pace of a squad the strength of teams may not correspond with Real Life. A way of judging is the odds at start of season not at beginning of  save, or use Genie Scout as it gives a % ranking. However no method is precise and will be a guess, A good way of starting is using a home and away tactic as there is a home boost in FM.

Yes a home boost exists! I just discovered that it's often very good to start with balanced mentality away and vs better teams. (Especially with Wulf4132 which has 5 roles on support) Then if you dominate shots+possession, eventually go positive or attacking mentality. Balanced all the way away seems to work good sometimes tho. (And never forget you can always still lose 2-1 when the opponent scoring on their only 2 shots on goal....)

I enjoy Wulf4132 alot atm, also because it has very many different roles all over the pitch. In comparison to for example Argus352 which has no winger roles (except WBs) and I missed them. Argus concedes less goals tho.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mentality changes are useful and hopefully anyone who uses them can post their favourite combinations for the benefit of others.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For me the FM20.2.3GOODBYEbalanced4132APDLKnapP102 is the best tactic using Nottingham Forest (first season). Thanks for the great tactic! Don't know why I can't get the 'better tested' tactics to work, but this one at least does.  Second for me is FM20NorthernSoulMRHKnap5-3-2P107ECFA


Thanks Knap for all you do!

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you look in OP at FM 19 tactics a few are highly recommended for LL. These scored over 100pts with Kingstonian (Dafuge Challenge Club) in VNS, the other tactics are still capable of winning VNS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, knap said:

If you look in OP at FM 19 tactics a few are highly recommended for LL. These scored over 100pts with Kingstonian (Dafuge Challenge Club) in VNS, the other tactics are still capable of winning VNS.

thanks :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @knap, I have been trying Sympathy leipzig vol 1 on a bournemouth game i just started, But i concede so many goals. First friendly of season i lost 8-5 and the two first matches in league i lost 5-3. Am i doing it wrong or something? Any recomended tactic for Bournemouth? Btw would you consider Bournemouth sub top or underdog?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Im quite new yes. Have been reading a bit on forums to pick up some tips and so on for a litte while, but not posting anything, I have added a few players to strenghten squad especially DM and another good striker, also a new BPD. Players i know to be good from previous games. Never tried the Sympathy tactic before but i felt Bournemouth fitted quite well to it when i looked at the existing players and "best" roles. But it was almost comical how much i conceded tbh. Especially when i read so much good things here on forums. So i guessed i had to be doing it wrong or something.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/12/2019 at 18:40, kelvin0131 said:

metoo, same here......  i'm useing SHEFF UTD 

Bizzare - the Argus won me the league with Everton 2nd and 3rd season! This game is so random!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dreambuilder said:

Wow. Lovely defense (at cost of some goals ofc). And four roles with long shooting! I just love that!

Looking forward to the score on MrL testing. Think it got 13 on FM Base testing which is a bit disappointing considering the defence looks amazing!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully get his results with the new Argus as well. I tried Oxford tactic twice in my PSG save and it just didn’t work well tho, so maybe his testing isn’ the one I should follow for myself

Link to post
Share on other sites

Using FM20.2BEOWULF442WAFKnapP107ALLCUPS.fmf in Touch Instant Result for 2027-28 season. Won the league and was good enough to make it to the CL final and Copa Cel Rey Final.

Got spanked in the CL final by Arsenal 5-1 and lost to Valencia 0-1 in Copa Del Rey. Predicted to finish no better than 3rd in the league.

1699811541_27-28table.thumb.png.3a284697bd6cbf40b3365b408296eb0c.png

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...