Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

So I used 20.3.3Wulf442DLKnapP101ECFA last season with Carlisle United in League Two and finished mid table 12th after being picked 1000-1 to finish bottom of the table.  With the ME update I switched over to the FM20.2.44141KnapPreachinBluesVOL2P107EC for the new season.  We're picked mid table by the media but the board wants to finish in the Playoffs at a minimum.  We went 4W 3D 0L in our first 7 league matches to vault to the top of the table.  I then saved the game for the night...oops. 

Loaded up the game tonight and started cranking through games.  In the last ten league games we've gone off form, winning just 1 match with 4D and 5L to drop us from 1st to 11th in the table and I've gotten the dreaded call for a board meeting with 1 month to right the ship. 

We haven't been horrible.  Three of the five losses have been by 1-0 scores with the last two being 3-0 and 2-0 respectively.  The worst part has been blowing leads.  Against Wimbledon for example we were up 2-0 after 79 minutes.  Then we gave us two goals in a three minute span.

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ragin Cajun

The RNG is strong and switching off or updating appears to sometimes have a negative RNG  .

If running into negative results I would revert to a 442 type tactic such as Black Echo Venom Beowulf, 343 IF may also be an option.

Also I would try use a SUS or control tact at end of game. Regroup and hold shape are options to use.

1 hour ago, erzet17 said:

Tested: 20.2.4 ParisWalkways. My favourite formation 4231. Modified 2 roles (S - AF, CM - DLP) and mentality - positive. 3x UCL, 2x LL, 2x SC. 61 games unbeaten in league. Great tactic.

paris2.png

pra2.png

pswa.png

Did you use any PI on your changes?

Il 16/2/2020 in 21:34 , knap ha scritto:

@Dreambuilder

How are you finding the dropped DL tactic?

Any feedback for lower dline? I'm still with the previous patch and stream offline, low dline is bringing me very good results.

In my opinion , according to what i have read recently, the game has become only more realistic after the last patch. 

Hi Knap,

Is there an out and out attacking tactic for the new patch yet like Mad as a hatter on the last patch?

Or should i just try that one? I want a tactic to use when i need a goal with 15 mins left.

Tip for other players: Venom, Sympathy and Black Echo are a very good set to use for anyone that is wondering. If you watch the games start with cautious and see how it going after 20-25mins - Use mentality guide but also use your own knowledge of football to make mentality changes - Sympathy: Home top 6/Away top 10. Black Echo: Away bottom 10/Home 7-10. Venom: Home bottom 10 (this only applies to mid table or bottom half teams. If you are a top team most tactics should work on attack or positive depending on the opposition)

Edited by Hutch1402

2 hours ago, GKorr said:

The 3-4-3 101P is the best underdog tactic ATM, in my opinion at least. Did a few tweaks and apart from the odd 0-0 or the typical "get FMed" match, it is a rock solid tactic with amazing defence.

What tweaks did you do? I've been messing around with the 343 myself.

Decent overall performance using Argus343IF101 and SUS version in last 5-8 minutes of the game. 

From interesting team stats : we were the best dribbling team (1st in Serie A), but with one of the lowest conversion rate (15th in Serie A) and tackles won stats (17th in Serie A).

Good job @knap 

atalanta.jpg

atalanta2.jpg

Edited by Helmut

15 hours ago, erzet17 said:

Tested: 20.2.4 ParisWalkways. My favourite formation 4231. Modified 2 roles (S - AF, CM - DLP) and mentality - positive. 3x UCL, 2x LL, 2x SC. 61 games unbeaten in league. Great tactic.

paris2.png

pra2.png

pswa.png

Great tweak - im killing it with my Ajaccio save using this

Thanks for all the great tactics!

I am just curious about how much we should tweak about with the tactics ourselves, or if we are better off leaving it alone?

Do most of you change a player's role/individual instruction here and there, or change something about the team's tactics - or do you stick with it exactly as you download it? (Except changing the mentality from time to time, as I understand most of you do).

FM 20.2 Tactics  (includes Beta tactics and FM 20.2.4)

TACTIC LINKS AND TACTIC RANKINGS FROM THE INDEPENDENT TESTS (MR L & FM BASE) ARE NOW ON GOOGLE DOCS LINK BELOW

http://bit.ly/knaptactics

Because I test with top, the pts total in tactic name will give an idea of what is best for top club, Top Clubs should be able to use all of the tactics.

Top Club say 1-4 in League (Lpool MC etc)

Sub Top  3-7 in League

Sub Top 5-10 in League

Sub Mid 11-15

Underdog the rest

Can also use Top and Sub Top a Home Tactic Underdog Away or

Top Favourite Sub Top Evens Underdog if Underdog

MENTALITY MATTERS GUIDE

MRr Hough recommended shouts

Use shouts Show Some Passion and Demand More. Also concentrate if leading by a few goals