Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 36.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Comandante Bilic said:

tooo many tactics w/tooo many tests, would be great if you suggest your top 3 picks for a top and sub-top team respectively (:

Not too many because people prefer different formations. Tactic aren't the most important part anymore. Mentality, team cohesion and morale seems equally important to me. You see all his tactics score like 100 points in PL.

@knap

Won’t have access to my PC till tomorrow to give you specifics.

All I can say right now is I changed the left role to Winger and did not remove any of your additional PI. The player on the right had no issues. I changed nothing on the right side. It was only cutting inside that the left winger was not comfortable with so, on a hunch, I changed the roles. 

I’m in the Summer of 2030 ATM. 

Hey @knap great work on this new 442. Anexing some pics from so far.

- NO GOALS SUFFERED IN FIRST 5 LEAGUE MATCHES (!)

- Good movements and passing all around from the start. A lot of shots, had to take shooting off some players who are terrible at long shots;

- Changed passing to shorter ones;

- Right side striker switched to a DLP, Esposito started going nuts after this change. Before he was permanently offside ******* away, now he assists and score much more;

- Set pieces changed to better fit my squad;

- OI's and **** to assistant (if it's a good one... or avg-good) but you have to be careful with yellows;

- Perma shouting at them bitches to give more and praising after goals bla bla.

knap442p4.png

knap442p3.jpg

knap442p2.jpg

knap442p1.png

Tactic Spreadsheet

http://bit.ly/knaptactics

Because I test with top, the pts total in tactic name will give an idea of what is best for top club, Top Clubs should be able to use all of the tactics.

Top Club say 1-4 in League (Lpool MC etc)

Sub Top 5-10 in League

Sub Mid 11-15

Underdog the rest

Can also use Top and Sub Top a Home Tactic Underdog Away or

Top Favourite Sub Top Evens Underdog if Underdog

Edited by knap

Hi @knap,

Thank you for your amazing work on FM !

I am actually using your FM20.2SICILIAN442 v1 with my Inter Milan save with awesome results ( Won Serie A  101 pts / 1 lose & Won the UCL against MC ).

I would like to know if you could recommend me a "tikataka Barca 2010  like" possession tactic ?  or maybe one of your closest tactic to this gamestyle that i could modify ? 

Thanks a lot.

@leehutchison29

Not sure how Dundee rank in league or preferred formation. You can sort google doc of tactics above and this is a general guide.

Because I test with top, the pts total in tactic name will give an idea of what is best for top club, Top Clubs should be able to use all of the tactics.

Sub Top 5-10 in League

Sub Mid 11-15

Underdog the rest

Its odd but neither Preaching or Sympathy P108 works for me... 

Had great success with sympathy 442 Leipzig , Beowulf 442 and Sicilian but this 2 unfortunately don't achieve great results .

I picked a 442 tactic , don't recall if it was beowulf or 442 Leipzig and done some tweaks , mainly on players role, hoping to improve an already great performance . The start is promising 7 games and 7 wins 31-6 goals 

@Heywood JaBlowme

With Hatter and Mane as AML with cut inside ppm right footed, Both tactic and Mane performed the same with the AML as Winger or IF. Now if AML without cut in ppm did not play as well as IF as winger then if the AML is left footed only then perhaps being asked to cut in as IF  may not help. Based on quick snapshot it would appear that perhaps it is not the ppm that is an issue just the player only having a left foot.

Not sure if that fits with your player set up.

What impact do touchline shouts have on FM20?

I used to use every 10 mins in FM18 to decent effect. "Get stuck in" or "push forward" etc.

Now when I shout at the players and I click 'sub' it tells me their body language is all off....

Any thoughts / advice?

Nothing really to add to this discussion other than great work @knap u must put in crazy hours developing these, without getting much done on ur own saves lol

Had great success with many of ur tactics at different levels of the footballing pyramid. All I will add is the longer u stick with a tactic the better results get. 

Incredible work mate, great for lazy guys like me that want to just plug and play!

On 13/01/2020 at 21:49, kanonz said:

Hey @knap great work on this new 442. Anexing some pics from so far.

- NO GOALS SUFFERED IN FIRST 5 LEAGUE MATCHES (!)

- Good movements and passing all around from the start. A lot of shots, had to take shooting off some players who are terrible at long shots;

- Changed passing to shorter ones;

- Right side striker switched to a DLP, Esposito started going nuts after this change. Before he was permanently offside ******* away, now he assists and score much more;

- Set pieces changed to better fit my squad;

- OI's and **** to assistant (if it's a good one... or avg-good) but you have to be careful with yellows;

- Perma shouting at them bitches to give more and praising after goals bla bla.

knap442p4.png

knap442p3.jpg

knap442p2.jpg

knap442p1.png

can you share this pls?

Il 12/1/2020 in 14:27 , Dreambuilder ha scritto:

Predicted 7th subtop/underdog, first season with SympathyKnapLeipzigUnderdog4222. Record points and wins tho rotating with hot prospects in a B-team alot of games. This tactic made me learn and enjoy the Volante + IW roles and their long shots. Very happy, thanks @knap

1) It's the first season I managed mentality. It seems crucial in FM20. Almost never used attacking (some attacking duty roles tho). Check how offensive/defensive the opposition is. Start with Balanced or Positive (at home). If they are Defensive dont go above Positive. If they are Attacking go Cautious or Defensive and you will counter attack alot. There is a home bonus so sometimes you can use one notch higher mentality at home in general. But also depends on how good opposition. Mentality works just like in real life and you will get a feel for what mentality is a proper choice. 

2) It often takes 15+ games before team cohesion and morale is good. I started with very poor team cohesion which brings early draws and losses.

3) Substituting players with low ratings is also important in second half.

4) Even if you manage everything there's still a random luck factor aswell just like in real life. Always have to accept a few draws and losses. Build a good team with good team cohesion + morale and you will win in the long run.

image.thumb.png.1e24f93af038d9807ea1c6ad2a709fab.pngimage.thumb.png.5e9e14275f78503bfa3fc35260680f69.png

Tactic + SUS links:

FM20SympathyforthedevilKnapZaipLeipzig.fmf 44 kb · 49 downloads FM20SympathyforthedevilKnapZaipLeipzigSUS.fmf 44 kb · 48 downloads

good job! it's useful explaining how you managed the mentalities.

D-Line - offside trap - pressing same as default tacitc?

1 ora fa, knap ha scritto:

The loo away P102 is a rank 19/20 Tactic,

@radetzky

Which Wulf are you using?

I haven't saw that it had been already tested, it's a good score!

Wulf 4132 106pt all cups with inverted wingbacks.

Tick off the offside trap and lowering the d-line brought me straight to Europa League final at 1st season with Az Alkmaar.

FM 20.2 Tactics

TACTIC LINKS AND TACTIC RANKINGS FROM THE INDEPEDENT TESTS (MR L & FM BASE) ARE NOW ON GOOGLE DOCS LINK BELOW

http://bit.ly/knaptactics

Sub Top 5-10 in League

Sub Mid 11-15

Underdog the rest

Edited by knap