Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 36.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, knap said:

Sympathy is a different set up to wulf 4132. Testing puts it as top tactic so far on MR L

882132402_Screenshot(295).thumb.png.99d58624a2fbfe24a67c85f7353e03cd.png

Nothing had been working for me until this. Latest Sympathy is a real game changer work on your team getting a tactical familiarity ASAP and it works a treat! 

Hey knap I have been using Pathways with my Derby Team and got promoted to the Prem. I am 10th after 6 games so not to bad but wanted to know what tactics you would suggest to help me kick on and stay safe.

image.thumb.png.4e7aed17574f29e6e660f5aa1f0dd769.png

Result since plugging in new Sympathy.

Most the goals I am conceding are from Set pieces, Freekicks/Short Freekicks/Corners etc...which is pretty annoying.

Not sure if it's the quality of my team or just being punished for the amount of fouls the tactic gives away, but they just switch off at set pieces.  

C6F845796AD488DF0BE4128C0EF03A11D41F2E74 (1920×1017)

So i am using Pilgrimage tactic, and i just got a corner, the ball goes in and gets cleared to the number 11 for Chelsea who runs 1v1 on my keeper, it's off side right?

Edit, ah of course it's because he's in his own half, nevermind..

Going to need to edit the corner routine to have a player stay back haha.

Edited by SteveUK

2 hours ago, Neko Alon said:

Good afternoon. Sorry for this question, many asked it. But how to use the table? There are 2 tests. The smaller the number in the table, the better? Sorry for my english, google tr.

I would guess that right is FM base rankings, left is Mr L

Edited by liamwpk

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TE22-1gsGXb4Y3yxpsUST7KusUiFPl_XBkhvxIO0fH0/edit#gid=0

Because I test with top, the pts total in tactic name will give an idea of what is best for top club, Top Clubs should be able to use all of the tactics.

Top Club say 1-5 in League (Lpool MC etc)

Sub Top 6-11 in League

Underdog the rest

Can also use Top and Sub Top a Home Tactic Underdog Away or

Top Favourite Sub Top Evens Underdog if Underdog

Edited by knap

12 ore fa, knap ha scritto:

Usually for wingers inverted unless they have a preference for cutting in.

Sorry but my english in not at high level. Do you mean that if a winger with preferred left foot has also cut inside among the preferred moves,  you suggest to not put him as right midfielder?

1 minute ago, radetzky said:

Sorry but my english in not at high level. Do you mean that if a winger with preferred left foot has also cut inside among the preferred moves,  you suggest to not put him as right midfielder?

Right midfielder could be someone with preffered left foot or someone with "Cut Inside" as a preffered move. 

16 minutes ago, knap said:

FM 20.2 3

Venom & Faith 442 p100 higher DL

FM20.2.3Venom&Faith442KnapP100ECCC.fmf 45.14 kB · 3 downloads

628518597_Screenshot(294).thumb.png.7b567debfb8313dec8a0864314720f74.png556461267_Screenshot(293).thumb.png.e955765c2d63a95d484cf5ce51ec779b.png

Higher DL looks less good than the previous version with lower DL.  This previous tactic with lower DL doesen't beat Sympathy for subtop/underdog right? The 2 volante seems genius for subtop/underdog.

Edited by Dreambuilder

41 minutes ago, knap said:

I will have to wait for the independent test results to compare to Sympathy. 

I bet it doesen't tho with higher central midfielders. No 442 without DM position seems to be strong enough defensively to beat Sympathy or Sicilian with DM positions in the formations. For Subtop/underdog. Awaiting test results eagerly. This new pure 442 is beautiful tho, I really hope it delivers! :)

Edited by Dreambuilder

I have been looking for a tactic with one up top, AMR/L and MC plus DM (so the MC can be creative/attacking). I was using Davy’s tactic pre testing with some success (but scraping wins not playing superbly well and against top clubs it wasn’t defensively sound) and have just come across 451 Preachin Blues which looks great and ranks well in tests. I am starting a new save with Man Utd. A few questions re adjustments to Preachin blues for Knap if that’s ok-

1. I have used Rashford to great effect as a IF but on At duty - views on that?

2. I like that you have a CM A and MeZ S - the latter I plan to fill with a Bruno Fernandes. The former I will use Pogba for but he is better as a AP A. How much difference would this make (as both attack duty)? I am guessing a CM is more defensive than a AP even on A duty? On my prior save on Davy’s formation my favourite part was the AP A and MeZ S combo which led to Pogba getting 20 goals, perhaps as an offset reduce the DM to D rather than S

i guess this sounds like simple tweaks but I don’t want to mess up the way the tactic fits together 

3. In reality can I change the PF to AF - and up their pressing urgency. I am basing this on Martial/Rashford being good AF but less at PF

(as a side note would be interested to hear how you use the role suitability on your saves as many of your formations have MR and ML and also MC where there can be difficulty finding a player “green” for that role - do you just ignore and play someone good (eg Salah on your recent Liverpool save) in MR/L and basically they act as AMR/L)?

41 minutes ago, knap said:

Leipzig is very consistent across the range. The P108 is more Marmite although has the potential to do very well.

Except like all tactics in start of a new game when team cohesion is poor and morale average. I just had 2 incredibly disappointing draws vs 2 teams both one division lower, kicking me out of a cup. This ME is ridiculous a little too often.

image.thumb.png.672ee78c8ee1683f3352be7e4ccd875e.pngimage.thumb.png.0d4432285bf415dc7e701131d7b3e372.png

Edited by Dreambuilder

Hi Everyone and thank you Paul for the hard work you're putting in with the Google Sheets tactics list!

Just a quick question and apologies if answered before (maybe an idea to add it to the first post on page 1 alongside the link to the Sheets page) - could you explain what the headings refer to?

ID    Name    Formation    Points (Top)    Overall    Pts    HighSub Top    Pts    Sub Mid    Pts    "Overall (exc. new tactics)

"    Sub Top (exc. new tactics)    Underdog (exc. new tactics)    Family    Notes    ver.    Mentality    Defensive Line          

Thanks!                                                                         

9 hours ago, knap said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TE22-1gsGXb4Y3yxpsUST7KusUiFPl_XBkhvxIO0fH0/edit#gid=0

Because I test with top, the pts total in tactic name will give an idea of what is best for top club, Top Clubs should be able to use all of the tactics.

Top Club say 1-5 in League (Lpool MC etc)

Sub Top 6-11 in League

Underdog the rest

Can also use Top and Sub Top a Home Tactic Underdog Away or

Top Favourite Sub Top Evens Underdog if Underdog

I read what you quoted here and I understand now what 'top', 'sub top' and 'underdog' mean, but I'm still confused about how the table works... could you help?

Wow. 

Thanks to @knap who has been super helpful in helping me understand the table, let me share the following.

I'm West Ham and tried numerous formations. Couldn't win in 5 games, form nosedived.

Then, I understood that West Ham are defined as 'sub mid'. So first of all filtering the version to the correct one (I think this makes a difference), I then used the Google Sheets table @knap has been developing and I filtered it down that the best tactic might be to try Venom and Faith.

Here's my result just now against Villa with zero training on tactics as I didn't have time.

image.png.32a5f6bdf9757a911ba32644c99d1c26.png

Thanks so much !!! I'm happy now! Made my evening! Let's hope West Ham can kick on (in real life too or Moyse can be replaced by me !) :-)

Edited by bestfootie
adding photo

Using overall top tested tactic 442 (4222) Sympathy for the Devil (KnapLeipzig). After the unlucky draws in the early cup from poor team cohesion and average morale, now the winds have changed and we started the series with 4 straight wins including two of the toughest teams. I'm impressed by the tactic and happy. Thanks @knap

image.thumb.png.c1f881a635350e7addd011910d6b6a91.png

FM20SympathyforthedevilKnapZaipLeipzig.fmf FM20SympathyforthedevilKnapZaipLeipzigSUS.fmf