• Replies 36.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FM 20 Tactics

442 Sympathy for the Devil

FM20SympathyforthedevilKnapZaipLeipzig.fmf44.88 kB · 468 downloads

FM20WULF4132PFDMIWBSPKnapP112ALLCUPSNOLOSSFM20P102ECCC.fmf45.22 kB · 336 downloads

FM20.1WULF4141SPKnapP106ECCCKINGP107_SOLOUNAMIGOP104KINGP104FM20P99ECFAATTACKP103.fmf45.19 kB · 480 downloads

FM20WULF442PFPWMKnapP110ECCCFM20P102ECCC.fmf44.85 kB · 351 downloads

On 20/11/2019 at 10:43, jmb1403 said:

I am currently testing the below with Hereford in my 4th season (Promoted twice) and starting life in the football league.

1476517663_Hereford_Overview.thumb.png.1679e35707bb66f7bfe6be21c8bb2eb4.png

Played 9 friendlies and only conceded 2 goals, scoring quite a few

1970837960_Hereford_Fixtures.thumb.png.58bb3154f28210dc89dc29d1b23e7f6d.png

Update:

image.thumb.png.a5add8bc75ac1ddd4fdfd5507356bcc9.png

Edited by jmb1403

13 minutes ago, knap said:

I always prevent AM from handling OIs

Yeah I usually stop them handling them too, I just forgot to do it this time

I'll keep you updated with any other developments

Edited by jmb1403

26 minutes ago, knap said:

I know someone asked for a 451. Anyway I have a decent 451 available for testing.

I'm having great results with 442 sympathy for the devil but I don't mind testing it out. I play FMT and I do seasons pretty fast. Send me the info, I can do it in any team.

There used to be a tactic maker called THE BETTER HALF who would say when and why to use them, but you need to set them up for each opponent and change them if the AI change tactics. You will find some tactics that just use blanket OIs tight mark close down hard tackle every player.

You can use OIs for a high press.

I found in FM18  that tactics work better without them.

13 minutes ago, knap said:

There used to be a tactic maker called THE BETTER HALF who would say when and why to use them, but you need to set them up for each opponent and change them if the AI change tactics. You will find some tactics that just use blanket OIs tight mark close down hard tackle every player.

You can use OIs for a high press.

I found in FM18  that tactics work better without them.

I'll see how it goes without them. Don't want to spend months getting through each season lol

Just now, Migalim said:

Do you use left foot on the left side and right foot on the right side for the wingers?

Thanks

I'm not even sure to be honest, I just pick the positions regardless of what foot they use :)

1 minute ago, knap said:

With a top team you can do either, but it is not an accurate method.

Which isn't accurate?  Both?

Not trying to be a bother mate, just trying to get the exact same setup as you to better test tactics.

4 minutes ago, damocles said:

Not trying to be a bother mate, just trying to get the exact same setup as you to better test tactics.

Best to use instant with no match plan. You would think that playing the games would give you better results as you can be muh more hands on, but in some ways it actually works the other way around, and instant will give you better results. Cant explain why though :)

Holiday not so good, as this gives ass man opportunity to change more during game. Like positions and tactics.

I usually holiday til next match, use instant, and then holiday til next...

Holiday is not as accurate as Instant Result;

Last year I run 10 Holiday Seasons and results were probably from 95Pts to 110pts, so even with a top team there is a wide margin of error.

Any tactic that does not drop many points is likely to be better.

4 minutes ago, knap said:

Holiday is not as accurate as Instant Result;

Last year I run 10 Holiday Seasons and results were probably from 95Pts to 110pts, so even with a top team there is a wide margin of error.

Any tactic that does not drop many points is likely to be better.

I was thinking holiday to get a general idea of good or bad then instant result once I've got something that's generally working.  That sound about right?  I'm pretty determined to get a 433 narrow working properly