Sports Interactive Community
knap

FM 19 Wulf 4132 442, 4411,4420 4420wings and 424 424 IF

1 hour ago, knap said:

The corner set up has a player set to stay back. The game allocates corner takers not specified and this often means no player stays back. It is an obvious SI bug a they are not following instructions. Depending upon team, if it causes a problem try to allocate a player to stay back that is not a corner taker. However, marked or not the AI still score (run half the pitch and score realistic no0.

I would try letting AM take team talks and press to see if this helps with 2nd half drop in performance

Thank you. I think I worked out the talks. I think. Just making sure I say pleased when we have a lead. Then, I am dropping mentality around minute 70 and then again in the 80s to very defensive and I have won 3 straight. 

Corner bug hasn't happened since that last one, but it has happened about 4 times. Funny thing is that they don't always score the break away.

The other corner problem is when the come short player is also the best corner taker, as there will not be a short corner but no risk of a free run on goal.

So I cleared all of my corner takers figuring AI would choose and it does. Strange thing now is that some times no player comes short. 

If the MCR has a good corner attribute then there will be no one coming short.

It is a problem because with each 1st team the ME will allocate different players, rather than following instructions. Set Pieces are just a mess.

I tend to not change the set up and take the risk, but you could try allocating a non involved MC player to also stay back.

Makes sense. Also seems like your near side WB gets the ball a lot and shoots. So isnt it good for him to have some finishing skills?  I would put another player in that slot but concerned I will make a hash of it. 

WBs are huge in this tactic it seems. Goods ones can destroy the opposition. 

WBs and Strikers are the key players but if you get a player like Pogba they can score a goal a game.

Changing players around can be very unpredictable. Also at end of game AI can leave 3 forward, so perhaps change the set piece at end of game with more staying back.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

Started new save with Rangers.

Using !!!!!!!19.3.4WULF442PFWMKnapP108ALLCUPS.fmf   in Touch, all games Instant Result & No Match Plan.

First Season results:

Table.thumb.jpg.e9cd0317fbe05c4ee7569f6dca02f9d9.jpgComp.thumb.jpg.b1064f5d6a6703a11e1195cd61c5d4e3.jpg

S11.thumb.jpg.998c767b1bf55dc9d4056c86c781d016.jpg

do you think that fm touch has a different engine than the regular version?

Edited by matiz96

Man U test is in normal game

Lpool test is in FM Touch

48 minutes ago, matiz96 said:

do you think that fm touch has a different engine than the regular version?

Match Engine in Touch PC version is the same as full version of FM. 

Knap you will make any tactic with AMC or IS like 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-2-2? The flat tactics are good but it is very hard to find right left midfielders . 

Just use AMR/L type players and AMCs can play as MC or use the 4411 no loss tactic.

There are 4231 and 451 type tactics available but they will be less efficient than 442 type tactics.

Because in my second season i have some scoring probelms my attackers dont score so much like the previous season

If the AI are becoming more defensive then it will be harder to score. Could try another version of the 442 as I do not always use the same striker combo.

On 30/05/2019 at 15:01, Fribbe said:

Part of why the tactic is so good is because it tells players to tackle harder and get stuck in. You do get a lot of yellow because of it but that is a lot of red cards to be fair. Some players (low decisions, high aggression, bad tackling etc) will get more cards than others but it's also important to change the player instruction "tackle harder" to "ease of tackles" whenever someone gets a yellow card during a game. That way the risk of them getting another yellow and getting sent of will be lower

So this will get better with better players?

Doesn't seem that way so far.

Season 1 79 Yellows 5 Reds

Season 2 107 Yellows 5 Reds

Season 3 122 Yellows 8 Reds

Season 4 123 Yellows 13 Reds

Season 5 79 Yellows 5 Reds

Season 6 109 Yellows 6 Reds

Season 7 124 Yellows 10 Reds

Worst Discipline in every league i've been in with this tactic.

Posted (edited)

Season on 19.3.5 probably lower, which may be player quality in top leagues.

The expectation will always be near top as with MU but Lpool are well down and no red cards.

Were the lower card season when you were winning league and higher cards when under more pressure?

Screenshot (2101).png

Screenshot (2102).png

Edited by knap

Is that a promotion every year? If so it may be the quality of player compared to league.

If your player quality is only mid table it may produce more cards.

This is last year with Billericay 1st year in PL topping the yellows but still not as high as yours.

Screenshot (2103).png

Hi there @knap , how are you? :)
On question ... This tactic !!!!!!!19.3.5BEOWULF442WAF(P103)KnapP106ALLCUPS works now with all teams? (underdog, mid-table, top)
Cheers for the tactic mate

The P103 was best underdog tactic for 19.3 and was also good with sub, and there are no disclosed ME Changes. The P106 has a minor change and was tested on 19.3.5, so should be as good as P103, but there is no "definitive" test yet. from MR L

All the tactics should work for top teams as they are set up using a top teams

On 11/06/2019 at 11:59, knap said:

The P103 was best underdog tactic for 19.3 and was also good with sub, and there are no disclosed ME Changes. The P106 has a minor change and was tested on 19.3.5, so should be as good as P103, but there is no "definitive" test yet. from MR L

All the tactics should work for top teams as they are set up using a top teams

Hi @knap , just started a save with Cagliari and completely filled the squad with youth 16-20 year olds. Big challenge as we were relegation contenders anyway. What would you say are your top 3 underdog tactics now? Thanks in advance!

Not sure much will change so P109 ALLCUPS P103ECCC (3.5 P106 ALL CUPS)

I may post a tactic that has a std D/Line, which may help with a slower defence.

Also there is an IW tactic which was the tactic that won PL with Cardiff in an earlier patch.

I was try p109 with Frosinone p109 again

And we won everything  seria A and cup

odds 1001-1))

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_7.png

6 hours ago, knap said:

Also there is an IW tactic which was the tactic that won PL with Cardiff in an earlier patch.

Thanks Knap! Much appreciated 

Posted (edited)

Hi there @knap , how are you mate? ;)
I gonna say my opinion about the tactic !!!!!!!19.3.5BEOWULF442WAF(P103)KnapP106ALLCUPS and i think the older it's more better. ATTENTION, it's just my opinion. With others players could be better but for me i have worst results with the new one. I think !!!!!!!19.3.4BEOWULF442WAF(P103) better for all teams

Like always mate, excelent work!
Cheers, NeOn

Edited by Ivoensousa

It is interesting that the updated tactics probably only have 1 change yet can have a noticeable change in results. Perhaps that change has made it more top than under dog.

33 minutes ago, knap said:

It is interesting that the updated tactics probably only have 1 change yet can have a noticeable change in results. Perhaps that change has made it more top than under dog.

Which one or all of them? 

All the updates to 19.3.5 were only a minor tweak, just as an alternative if the patch changed results.

I don't really check unless I notice a material increase over the norm.

On 13/06/2019 at 17:54, Ivoensousa said:

Hi there @knap , how are you mate? ;)
I gonna say my opinion about the tactic !!!!!!!19.3.5BEOWULF442WAF(P103)KnapP106ALLCUPS and i think the older it's more better. ATTENTION, it's just my opinion. With others players could be better but for me i have worst results with the new one. I think !!!!!!!19.3.4BEOWULF442WAF(P103) better for all teams

Like always mate, excelent work!
Cheers, NeOn

I also noticed this whats the best for underdogs and very difficult away games etc now? 

Il y a 5 heures, bluenosejak a dit :

I also noticed this whats the best for underdogs and very difficult away games etc now? 

I use the tactic BEOWULF442WAF (P103) KnapP106ALLCUPS with patch 19.3.5. The average age of my team is 22 years old. I tried many of the tactics of OI but nothing matches that. I play with the Deportivo de la Coruña

Using 442 ECCC with Fulham and nearing end of the season. Struggled at first, but using Positive at home and Cautious away really changed everything. In game, I may move that up or down depending on the situation (often a hunch, tbph, during the match). For example, I beat City, Liverpool and Chelsea at home using Cautious. I drew 1-1 away to Villa probably b/c I should have been more aggressive.

For about 6 matches, I hit a crazy purple patch and was scoring for fun. 4-5 goals per match. Tactic scores some brilliant goals. Then, all of a sudden, I have gone 9 matches without scoring more than 2. Have gone 5-2-2, so can't complain much. But I have no idea what happened. It was like the scoring bubble just burst.  

6th rounder FA match v. Chelsea away and 7 league games remaining. I sit precariously in 4th and every match is now a nail biter! 

When closing out games instead of using a SUS Tactic I have been using regroup and hold shape and tend to score again. May be another option to use.

You appear to be enjoying using mentalities and Optimus has done a guide.

Posted (edited)

Second season comes to the end with P108.. after patch still the best tactic ever.. Unbeatable from 72 games............

asdsadasddas.jpg

dadaadsasd.jpg

sdadad.jpg

sssss.jpg

Edited by szary0877

Wow. Have never seen that thread. Totally my speed. Digging in. Ty,

Are you playing all of those games live or on Holiday?

Posted (edited)

@knap do you have any 19.3.5 442 and 4141 tactic that uses IWB's? 

I find using IWB's is more solid defensively for underdog teams than using WB's.

Edited by Chief Scout