Sports Interactive Community
knap

FM 19 Wulf 4132 442, 4411,4420 4420wings and 424 424 IF

Playing Fulham. Any recommendations for a one of these tactics?

The top tactics are considered to be

P109 ALL CUPS SP (Top and Sub)

P108 no loss 4411 (top)

P106 ALL CUPS 442 (top)

P103 ECCC 442 (Good for underdogs_

PILGRIMAGE 4141 (Good for underdogs)

The 4141 is P102EC but there are updated versions of this the latest being P107

!!!!FM19.3PILGRIMAGE4141KnapP102EC (1).fmf 44.08 kB · 16 downloads

P108 4411 No Loss is latest version

!!!!!FM19.3.4BEOWULF4411KnapP108ALLCUPSnoloss.fmf 45.25 kB · 19 downloads

Thank you. Played a frustrating 4141 first season and struggled.  Thought I might switch to a 442 b/c that seems to be tactic of choice for them once I put it on vacation for a match.

Seems like it makes sense to try the P103 ECCC 442 (Good for underdogs_ 

since I will rarely be favored.

442 seems to be the best tactic so far this year and this is a pretty good tactic overall in real life I still don't understand why people are trying to build 433 or other complex and risky tactics.

P103 ECCC seems to be a good choice for Fulham but the P109 is also a beast if you play a bit with mentality and have enough subs because this tactic is very demanding physicaly and you'll got a lot of yellow cards.

Anyway, straight forward start of season 2 using plug-and-play'ed P109 :)

season2.thumb.png.7c9a47084cf8b50520ef1df1749de6b8.png

comps2.thumb.png.b79289715bbbdbcd695972430a41b9f7.png

Sometime using positive and cautious mentalities can help with underdogs.

16 minutes ago, MikaGenevaz said:

442 seems to be the best tactic so far this year and this is a pretty good tactic overall in real life I still don't understand why people are trying to build 433 or other complex and risky tactics.

Because it's boring to see the same 4-4-2 all the time, especially since it's not a widely used tactic by the best managers. Sadly that's just the way the match engine works. Maybe next year we'll be back to 3-4-3

1 hour ago, knap said:

3430 Next year

Oh right, it's a 3 year cycle. 3430, 343 and then 442. Amazing diversity

The TIME Tactics do not use PIs apart from GK so a lot easier to copy. Not sure why downloads are not available.

You can use a wide variety at MR/L from WBs like rose to player like Mata Milner. There are Genie screenshots of attributes for positions.

Posted (edited)

@OneManSnipez Use Genie Scout and look for MR/L players with the highest % abilty for wide midfielder role you can afford, most of the time they will be offensive midfilders but don't be afraid, and train them for the right role and let them play as wide midfilders in your team so they can develop tackling !

I play with Liverpool, 2nd season and my main are Shaqiri for ML and Federico Chiesa for MR. As long as your Wing Back are good you don't need wide midfilders to be so good at tackling, wich is the only stat WM really needs compared to offensive midfilders. Shaqiri have a poor 5 at tackling but he is my best wide midfilders so far vs Chiese, Milner and Lallana because my left WB is Trent Alexander-Arnold. You need your widemidfilders to be good at offensive midfilders stats, and finishing stats. If he is decent at long shot you'll get more goals.

Edited by MikaGenevaz

14 hours ago, MikaGenevaz said:

I play with Liverpool, 2nd season and my main are Shaqiri for ML and Federico Chiesa for MR. As long as your Wing Back are good you don't need wide midfilders to be so good at tackling, wich is the only stat WM really needs compared to offensive midfilders. Shaqiri have a poor 5 at tackling but he is my best wide midfilders so far vs Chiese, Milner and Lallana because my left WB is Trent Alexander-Arnold. You need your widemidfilders to be good at offensive midfilders stats, and finishing stats. If he is decent at long shot you'll get more goals.

So you dont go for opposite foot wide midfielders? I saw Knap using Mata on the right and Lingard on the left..
Do you even take into account their role ability at all?

What about the strikers, do you look for poachers or just good alround strikers? Would you prefer a fast agile striker like rashford, or a poacher like icardi. Or maybe a beast in lukaku?
And the mezzalas, playmakers, box to box with longshot/finishing or att midfielders?

Does anyone else get far too many yellow/red cards with the Beowulf 442 tactic?

Had 8 red cards & 50 yellows  in 23 league matches so far!!!

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, BamBamBam said:

Does anyone else get far too many yellow/red cards with the Beowulf 442 tactic?

Had 8 red cards & 50 yellows  in 23 league matches so far!!!

Part of why the tactic is so good is because it tells players to tackle harder and get stuck in. You do get a lot of yellow because of it but that is a lot of red cards to be fair. Some players (low decisions, high aggression, bad tackling etc) will get more cards than others but it's also important to change the player instruction "tackle harder" to "ease of tackles" whenever someone gets a yellow card during a game. That way the risk of them getting another yellow and getting sent of will be lower

Edited by Fribbe

I would have to check with an old save, as I am using TIME Tactics which do not use PIs so no hard tackle but just get stuck in as a TI.

Posted (edited)

L'The P109 worked well with Spurs, but it is only MR L's testing that can show which tactic is the better.

Edited by knap

Do you guys use left footed players on the left positions (lcb, lcm , left foward) and right footed players on the right (right cb, right cm and right foward)? When for what ever the reason I click on auto pick, the AM tend to select left footed players on left (even putting cms to play as cb sometimes) and right footed on right.

@knapWhat would be the best one of your tactics to use with Glasgow Rangers I’ve sent Defoe back so only got one striker and no money thanks in advance 

Depends on what sort of formation  you want to play. 2 Strikers are better option and you can use AMR/L ST Players as they have pace. If just 1 striker then 4321 or 4141 are the formations I have been using lately but mostly on very attacking.

48 minutes ago, knap said:

Depends on what sort of formation  you want to play. 2 Strikers are better option and you can use AMR/L ST Players as they have pace. If just 1 striker then 4321 or 4141 are the formations I have been using lately but mostly on very attacking.

Which 4321 or 4141 are the better ones 

@knap have you tried using a Shadow Striker in place of one of the strikers in your 442 tactics? I'd imagine that would be the most effective 4411 AMC role as it mirrors a pressure forward in many ways?

Posted (edited)

Please, what is the best 4141 or 4411 tactic for the weaker team?

Edited by Cooter

Best underdog tactic is 442 P103ECCC

The 4411 P108 no loss and PILGRIMAGE 4141 will not be as good as many of the 442s.

It may be worth trying lower mentalities to improve results.

I'm new to FM19 and I'm struggling to get Man U to be consistent and do well, any advice on which kind of tactic would suit them? And if so, any differences for home and away?

Hi,

I am using P109 ALL CUPS (442).

Any advice on PPMs to train for each?

Thanks

Posted (edited)

FM Touch 19.3.4 season 3 with Spurs

4CF8C29A-FC38-4604-9BA2-06C3987C463F.png

ACFCE114-C340-469A-ADD5-AEA5AD350291.png

599996F6-DDC5-4735-8D81-3BA6261A937B.png

F4ADCA0C-05D3-4F33-9DD4-F0320CA3AA24.png

Admittedly I haven’t been able to achieve these results without having to improve the team significantly. 

‘Still the best season I have had on FM in over 20 years of playing. 

Won every game bar Liverpool and Man City away in the league which were draws. 

Beowulf 442 103

Edited by christrott79

8 hours ago, christrott79 said:

Wow, 8 players with an average rating above 8 and Upamecano very close. That is insane

On 27/05/2019 at 21:06, Rio_V said:

Thank you. Played a frustrating 4141 first season and struggled.  Thought I might switch to a 442 b/c that seems to be tactic of choice for them once I put it on vacation for a match.

Seems like it makes sense to try the P103 ECCC 442 (Good for underdogs_ 

since I will rarely be favored.

Started season using P103 ECCC tactic. 4 games in and I am 1-1-1 with a LC win. Massively out shooting everyone and probably unlucky not to win all 4 games, but it has been 30 shots, 7 on target type stuff.  And, those shots aren't just from the outside. They are from everywhere including the 6 yard box. Should I be tweaking anything?

19 hours ago, christrott79 said:

FM Touch 19.3.4 season 3 with Spurs

4CF8C29A-FC38-4604-9BA2-06C3987C463F.png

599996F6-DDC5-4735-8D81-3BA6261A937B.png

F4ADCA0C-05D3-4F33-9DD4-F0320CA3AA24.png

Admittedly I haven’t been able to achieve these results without having to improve the team significantly. 

‘Still the best season I have had on FM in over 20 years of playing. 

Won every game bar Liverpool and Man City away in the league which were draws. 

Beowulf 442 103

So your tac is this one: P103 ECCC 442 (Good for underdogs_ ?

Quite amazed with your results.....although must have spent a lot of money on players....

Yes, Beowulf 442 103 ECCC

As I said, havent been able to achieve these results with the default Spurs team as is how I prefer to play the game (keep default first 11 and develop world class regens to replace them)

Transfers were as follows:-

January 1st season:-

In - Leon Bailey 65m, Kieran Tierney 25m, Matthijs De Ligt 25m

Out - Aurier 20m, Davies 19.5m, Wanyama 25m

2nd season

In - Eder Militao 30m, Sergej Milinkovic Savic 60m, Jadon Sancho 65m, Lafont 15m

Out - Vertonghen 45m, Lamela 25m, Sissoko 15.75m

3rd Season

Kylian Mbappe 130m

January 3rd Season

Dayot Upamecano 65m

Just brought in Ederson 65m & Ousmane Dembele 115m at beginning of 4th season

!!!!!19.3.4BEOWULF442WAFKnapP103ECCC.fmf