Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

I assume you are warning fining. The next step is reduce tackling for players that get a yellow. A SUS tactic tends to work well after a yellow, and sometimes it is just a bad run of reds. I often get a red in EC Final and other times not even a yellow.

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing decided.

I posted the tactic with IWs on Discord and somebody won the leagues with PSG Sampdoria and Cardiff.

There is a high scoring Salah tactic and the latest was P110 using WMs.  No underdog testing with these tactics.

Groundhog day!!!!!!!

By the way all the MU tests are done with a new tactic 1st game of season.

Good time to change, unless on a very long run of wins or not losing and you do not to upset the apple cart.

Copied from Optimal Primal in TIME Thread if you want to game manage intensity

The big plus of my CTRL is that I turn pressing off (pressing is wonderful, but it's only as good as the weakest link, and after 60-70 minutes there are a lot of tired weak links. Check your team - if anyone has a work rate less than 10 they're probably guilty of letting the side down too, those with low stamina/natural fitness need a firm eye kept on them too) but I still have counter on with full backs slightly more defensive - means I often score a goal (or two) on the counter as the AI tries to cheese it's way back into the game.

15 minutes ago, whispers said:

So do you prefer these over TFF's new tactics?

This is 4123 and 4231 my preferred set for home and away, this showed me bit better results with small teams, and tff removed 4123 anyway.

I do play instant result as well so it could work bit different for You. Using this with total underdog like Fortuna Dusseldorf I went for standard mentality, but against teams 14-18 I was using attacking home or away.

Testing it with mid team like Newcastle I go for attacking mentality vs teams 10-18 home or away.

If used with proper strong team I would only go for standard mentality against teams 1-4 home and away.

2 hours ago, yuzojr said:

Hey Knap, do you have a SUS version for the new 4-2-4?

Knaps posted a link for you above, just remember that a SUS based on a 4-2-4 won't - by the very definition of it being an attacking formation - be the best in the business at stopping late goals. It'll do a job so if you're happy with it then all good, just remember there are better options to base an SUS on.

41 minutes ago, White Europe said:

This is 4123 and 4231 my preferred set for home and away, this showed me bit better results with small teams, and tff removed 4123 anyway.

I do play instant result as well so it could work bit different for You. Using this with total underdog like Fortuna Dusseldorf I went for standard mentality, but against teams 14-18 I was using attacking home or away.

Testing it with mid team like Newcastle I go for attacking mentality vs teams 10-18 home or away.

If used with proper strong team I would only go for standard mentality against teams 1-4 home and away.

Yeah alright. I usually play with Spurs, Hertha BSC etc so middle/top teams. I love 4231s aswell. Just annoying that the 424 is performing so much better

3 minutes ago, whispers said:

Yeah alright. I usually play with Spurs, Hertha BSC etc so middle/top teams. I love 4231s aswell. Just annoying that the 424 is performing so much better

If u stick to formation u like and bring right players for each position u got fantastic result with it too;)

I assume you do well with Spurs despite squad being undervalued in FM?

I was playing Alli at MR and he got POM in EC Final.

Edited by knap

14 minutes ago, White Europe said:

If u stick to formation u like and bring right players for each position u got fantastic result with it too;)

Haha yeah i guess youre right :D

5 minutes ago, knap said:

I assume you do well with Spurs despite squad being undervalued in FM?

Yeah i do well :D My plan was to start over using either your 4231 or your 424 with Spurs and upload a screen after the first season. You are a Spurs fan right?

3 minutes ago, knap said:

Spurs fan since way back.

It is difficult to pin down a good FM formation for Spurs as they are so fluid.

Yeah i found that the only really good thing is their offensive players like eriksen, alli, kane, Son etc. The midfield and the defense/GK is not something to be proud of in this years FM :)

4 minutes ago, knap said:

I did a tactic for Lpool which may suit the squad

Where can i take at look at it?

Only just noticing that the one striker has a lot more PI's than the other in the new tactics. Is this intentional?? and if so do they require different types of players in each position?

The wingers and FB also have slightly different PI but to a lesser extent. 

Edited by Jamieac