Sports Interactive Community
knap

FM 19 Beowulf 442, 4411,4420 4420wings and 424 424 IF

Knap you have broken the game with the 4-2-4 (112 points ) tactic. Hats off to you man

Results.png

8 hours ago, knap said:

What I would suggest is that you change the striker position for throws and corners, and watch to see if they score more from set pieces.

Any tips on where I should put them ??

The player that scores from the set pieces are changed with striker you want to score more. 

Hey Knap, I saw you suggested to Beowulf 442 to another user for an underdog team, and to consider using the attacking variant at home and the defensive variant away, where can I find each of these? I'm planning to use them for a Leyton Orient save, but if there is something you think would work better I'd be open to that as well!

BTW, thanks heaps for your BeoWulf4231KnapPressP103, it's gotten me some awesome results, with Ajax & Jong Ajax winning 6 straight titles and some good performances in the Champions League, we're now ranked as the 6th best club in Europe in 2024! It's my first time playing an FM game on pc so I really appreciate the tactics you share and the explanations that go along with them.

Edited by JWH11

The latest tactics are not showing much difference in performance for top or underdog. 

I would therefor use the top BEOWULF tactics 424,4420,442 4231. There is also SICILIAN DEFENCE, Also check Optimalprimal posts for game management if needed.

This is an independent test of 4231 DM which I consider weaker than the tactics above.

4231DM.thumb.png.9d1a6e13d3d5c7d048292b23215b4517.png

Will there be any change because of the update to 19.2.2?  in terms of performance/result?

15-1 in a league game is a bit much. Have to look at record books!

20 hours ago, knap said:

The latest tactics are not showing much difference in performance for top or underdog. 

I would therefor use the top BEOWULF tactics 424,4420,442 4231. There is also SICILIAN DEFENCE, Also check Optimalprimal posts for game management if needed.

This is an independent test of 4231 DM which I consider weaker than the tactics above.

4231DM.thumb.png.9d1a6e13d3d5c7d048292b23215b4517.png

Cant find the Optimalprimal game management post, can you link please? Thanks!

424Beowulf112pts. Its unstoppable especially at home, I'm using it with small club at home but away I'm dropping one striker to DM with anchor role and short passing in PI's. Great job Knap!

Notice any change since 19.2.2? or with Se Pieced dropping to DM?.

I would normally drop a MC to DM and the striker to MC.

There is a High Scoring 442 in OP with 170 goals or the 424 with Real Madrid 2nd season 200 goals.

3 horas atrás, knap disse:

There is a High Scoring 442 in OP with 170 goals or the 424 with Real Madrid 2nd season 200 goals.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it is not second season. Look at the date on top (2026). The High Scoring 442 keeps bringing me great results (Real Madrid save). I'll post final results later… My strikers are on fire and my miedfielders too. :)

Edited by s1cruz3

2 minuti fa, s1cruz3 ha scritto:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it is not second season. Look at the date on top. The High Scoring 442 keeps bringing me great results (Real Madrid save). I'll post final results later… My strikers are on fire and my miedfielders too. :)

which one do you use?

Yes, they score a lot. Just try yourself. Mariano is my best striker, with more than one goal for game. Vinícius and Bale are very good too. Insigne not so good...

Usually right. But I don't think that really matters. Sometimes it depends on who you are facing and if your players are creating chances or not.  

2 minuti fa, s1cruz3 ha scritto:

Usually right. But I don't think that really matters. Sometimes it depends on who you are facing and if your players are creating chances or not.  

so Mariano put it on the right?

I use AM for everything apart from OIs as I don't want any.

Feet are nearly always right on right left on left for CBs WBs MCs Ws Fwds.

2 minuti fa, knap ha scritto:

I use AM for everything apart from OIs as I don't want any.

Feet are nearly always right on right left on left for CBs WBs MCs Ws Fwds.

right right foot and left left foot?

Correct, although more right foot players than left so nothing will be perfect.

17 ore fa, s1cruz3 ha scritto:

I did not understand knap

I am using 2 right footed wingers, so you can't always have right on right. Even if you have the right foots why not try it the other way round. There are no hard and fast rules if you find something works well go with it.