Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

KNAP HAS DONE IT AGAIN!! won the league 1st season with West Ham! won it on the last day, should've actually won it earlier but injuries killed me (screenshot to see). also had to sell deadwood and sign players because of injuries. Alfredo Morelos won me the title coming in January and scored every game he played. Also done my own individual training as you can see in screenshots too (don't know if it makes major difference) also done my own training, basically just used Training Style - Catenaccio during the season

Enjoying your tactics knap!

20181118231005_1.thumb.jpg.cba055bc8ce3fa9e2ac8745d53c52454.jpg20181118230954_1.thumb.jpg.9a2aa10cea354b7175547c23c2cac94e.jpg20181118231016_1.thumb.jpg.5fd75ebfa6258c856b88680c3ef3d104.jpg20181118231022_1.thumb.jpg.ba424ac651c7b75a6e5e40d30ff52a78.jpg20181118231045_1.thumb.jpg.e94b34e048d39510197b3508cb4986be.jpg20181118231149_1.thumb.jpg.5199db1ff12e40d9162416fd4914ee91.jpg20181118231204_1.thumb.jpg.5b083da393faa3fb30c53d0825095480.jpg

Made some changes to  the 424 press and its working for me (minor changes tho)

Attacking to balanced

Changed both central defenders to BPD-stopper

Pulled back deffensive line to standard changed defensive width to standard   left offside trap on

GK in possession distribute quickly and distribution type throw it long

Curr 1st in championship with leeds beaten arsenal at home 4-0 carabo cup

Anyway thanks for the tactic knap!

Edited by Nikao3

Beowulf 424 press working great in Brazil lower leagues.

1044774404_CampeonatoBrasileiroSrieC_OverviewStages.thumb.png.8f1aa82e28597c931b7f4c5d085889b2.png

Every brazilian team has at least two DM's so a formation with two strikers and no AMC works best here. Serie C clubs play very defensively against us so 20+ shots and 20+ corners per game are quite common. Both strikers scoring a lot which is nice, goals are coming mostly from high press, fast break and long balls, or corners of course! Also managed to beat some Serie B and Serie A clubs in the cup using the more conservative 442 after taking the lead. Thanks knap for the best set of tactics under current ME.

The concern I had with lower leagues with a Press tactic was fatigue, if this is not the case then all the tactics should work in LL subject to squad quality.

These AI DM Tactics are a bit of a concern as appears to be a method of papering over cracks in ME. Chelsea use a back 4 and 3 DMs as a starting tactic.

From Top dog to Under dog

BEOWULF Press 4231 

BEOWULF Press 424

BEOWULF Press 4231 Narrow

BEOWULF 442

BLUE MATTER  Press 433

ARGUS Press 352

GOODBYE Press 3412

DARK SIDE 4231

PILGRIMAGE cautious 451

MIDSOMER  Press 442

MIDSOMER Std 442

VOLANTE BBM Press 4132

BEOWULF Press 451

BEOWULF Press Flat 451

BEOWULF Press 4141

VOLANTE 4222

VOLANTE Anchor

ARGUS Press 343

GOODBYE Press 343

1 hour ago, knap said:

The concern I had with lower leagues with a Press tactic was fatigue, if this is not the case then all the tactics should work in LL subject to squad quality.

These AI DM Tactics are a bit of a concern as appears to be a method of papering over cracks in ME. Chelsea use a back 4 and 3 DMs as a starting tactic.

So the question is how to crack that defensive egg - 4 DC's and 3 DM's 

Had problems in FM18 too... in Italy against Sassuolo which played 3 DC's, 2WB's, 2 DM's (+2 IF's, 1 SC)

Hard to score a goal, yet concede at first and only opportunity from opposition (2 IF's + 1 SC)

Tactic solutions to implement during the game?

Lure them out by playing cautious, low block, not pressing, then wide attacking and quick counter with route one direct passing.

Or playing high aggressive press with direct pass and hard tackling.

The testing I did indicated that a Press worked better. The problem is that the AI defence will not have forward runs and will just be looking for long ball,. Therefore they are not going to drawn out and adding width exposes defence more from long ball. With the current system the DL can be dropped while keeping a high press and defensive width can be keep narrow.

In my experience press works better against defensive teams, because they can make some mistakes against high pressure leading to fast breaks, and most of all because this tends to result in lots of corners which are currently a pretty effective can opener (not unusual to see both CB's with 10+ goals in the season) especially when you get 20+ in a single match. It's going to be hard to find the right balance for next ME because the combination of very defensive AI mentality + multiple DM's  does feel a bit frustrating to face especially when it becomes too common (which seems to be the case in Brazil).

2 hours ago, knap said:

The testing I did indicated that a Press worked better. The problem is that the AI defence will not have forward runs and will just be looking for long ball,. Therefore they are not going to drawn out and adding width exposes defence more from long ball. With the current system the DL can be dropped while keeping a high press and defensive width can be keep narrow.

What I find annoying in FM19 is whenever I lose the ball in midfield or in their half the opposition immediately passes the direct long ball to the strikers successfully, sometimes regardless of DL. And then it is just a matter of luck or your GK.

And the oppositon has way more success with such long balls, than me. I can rarely achive these situations even with 3 strikers.

It is like my defenders have slow reaction time, or when I pass to the strikers, the opposition defenders are one step ahead.

Can this be prevented through man marking the strikers or position marking, besides dropping DL?

And how can we successfully implement "direct long balls to strikers" situation?

6 hours ago, knap said:

What's DL ....defender on the left or left defender from CBS 

8 hours ago, knap said:

From Top dog to Under dog

BEOWULF Press 4231 

BEOWULF Press 424

BEOWULF Press 4231 Narrow

BEOWULF 442

BLUE MATTER  Press 433

ARGUS Press 352

GOODBYE Press 3412

DARK SIDE 4231

PILGRIMAGE cautious 451

MIDSOMER  Press 442

MIDSOMER Std 442

VOLANTE BBM Press 4132

BEOWULF Press 451

BEOWULF Press Flat 451

BEOWULF Press 4141

VOLANTE 4222

VOLANTE Anchor

ARGUS Press 343

GOODBYE Press 343

what under dog goodbye to beowulf?

Are you conceding late in game? in which case use a SUS to close out.  From the point of view of more defensive formations the BEOWULF 4231 451 and 4141, or go 3 at back with 343, 352 or latest Dark Side 3322

Edited by knap

Thanks @knap I just love this Beowulf442 for immersion.

Something I have noticed after restarting multiple times, is how important Match cohesion is. When starting a new game, match cohesion is usually very poor or poor at best. In my experience, most unexpected losses and draws comes in the early season before match cohesion is worked up. The fastest way to work it up seems to be about playing the best eleven as much as possible, until match cohesion is Good or better. Filling the Rest slots in the training schedule with Teamwork, Team bonding and Community outreach seems to help aswell.

Media prediction 7th:

image.thumb.png.90b518d611b9ca4dac61c92212adac85.png

Edited by Dreambuilder