FM 19 Beowulf and MM Volante 4222 42211 Knap

I promised to post a screenshot after the first full season with !FM19.2VOLANTE424ANCHORKnapP105.fmf. Team was expected to finish 7th.

I restarted once. First I tried to go very home grown without some of the best free transfers. But with some mediocre starting players in this subtop team, several injuries on the same WBL spot, and drawing a though first qualifying round vs Burnley made us instantly miss Europe in the first round by a single late goal. And with that utterly disappointing exit, also missing the vital needed prize money for this very cash stripped poor club.. So I restarted to make a stronger team, also with more depth in all positions.

I brought in some of the best and willing free transfers for this subtop club. Like pacey Thiaguinho and Diego Vela for the AMRL. Ivo Chaves WBR. The difference between having these quality players and not was quite noticable in chances and goals created. Made it to the Europa League group stage which is going great at the moment. As an underdog we have beat Zenit, Real Betis and Frankfurt so far. Basel up next.

What I love with this tactic is the solid 6 man kinda defense and still quite good enough goalscoring.

Got the very important match cohesion up as fast as possible by arranging many friendly games asap. Got an AM with 14 tactical knowledge for the pre match tactical briefings.

Thanks @knap!

1451657300_obesegradfm194-2-0-2-2.thumb.png.3c8c763dd1d159da567854d66ba02cb2.png

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 29/12/2018 at 16:24, Heywood JaBlowme said:

Is !FM19.2VOLANTE4222KnapP99.fmf still effective after 19.2.1? I went back to Touch using Instant Result/No Match Plan. Currently at Genoa (46M Payroll). What would be the best underdog tactic for total Plug & Play? 

Answering my own question, this tactic is excellent for Instant Result using a small underdog club. I won't bother posting results because I used a combination of knap's tactics in one Serie A season with Genoa, but I found this one to suit my squad the best. I pulled off some big upsets while winning both the Scudetto & The Europa Cup Final against Spurs!

knap is there any changes to get tactics to show up in game?  I've got about six of your tactics that I downloaded right after release.  I downloaded them between 10/27 and 12/2 of this year.  Today I was having issues on a new computer...none of the tactics were showing up...including the older tactics.  They are not showing up on my older computer either where they were before.  And I tried about five more tactics today just to try to get them to appear in game.  No luck. 

End of my 3rd season results with HTAFC using 424 anchor volante 105pts. No tweaks.

Most of goals conceded are from corners & free kicks - maybe something to be looked at?

Great tactic still after updates.

S3 Table EOS.png

S3 Team Stats.png

These are based on FM 16 MIDSOMER MURDERS MM, 442. ARGUS was developed from FM 18 343. I would not say one is better just that they are different in origins and set up.

On 31/12/2018 at 11:51, knap said:

Do you have a good header at near post?

In general if the AI have difficulty scoring from open play, the majority of their goals would be from set pieces.

That must be why. Sorry for delay in replying, only just saw your reply.

Hey Knap,

Using your tactics for my promoted team in Premier League, media prediction 20th, huge underdog. Results home and away are night and day:

Home I've lost 2 and away I have lost 5 by BIG SCORELINES. conceding 6,5,6,4,3...

Home i'm using BEOWULF424 Press

Away using Volante Anchor 424

Any ideas?

In general Away games are giving more problems than usual. I would try being more cautious and you can use a full SUS for more difficult away games.

Check how Optimalprimal82is using mentality during games.

On 31/12/2018 at 16:07, Koko44 said:

Hi MATES!

First of all thank you for your tactic KNAP!!! (424 anchor volante 105pts)

SERIA A WINNER IS UDINESE IN THE FIRST SEASON! You can see all needed information on the pictures.

Serie A TIM_ Overview Stages.jpg

Udinese Calcio_  Responsibilities.jpg

Udinese Calcio_  Senior Fixtures.jpg

Udinese Calcio_  Senior Fixtures-2.jpg

Udinese Calcio_  Senior Fixtures-3.jpg

Udinese Calcio_  Transfer History.jpg

Udinese Calcio_ Players Players.jpg

Udinese Calcio_ Set Pieces Set Piece Takers.jpg

Hi Koko

What skin are you using? Love the stadium backdrop 

8 hours ago, knap said:

In general Away games are giving more problems than usual. I would try being more cautious and you can use a full SUS for more difficult away games.

Check how Optimalprimal82is using mentality during games.

I tweaked mentality and am running Cautious as heavy underdog and bumping to Positive if I have the upper hand to try and force a goal.

Working so far

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Knap, no words can be sufficient to thank you for you work.

Do you have a site where i can find all your fm19 tactics?

I am actually playing with Crewe. After 2 very good seasons I am now an underdog in the Sky Bet Championship.

Which of your tactics do you suggest me to use?

Thanks again.

Bye

They are all here, but I also use MR L Discord but more for discussion.

I would try the BEOWULF 442s such as Cardiff.

There is also TIME 4411 which Optimusprimal 82 uses. There is also game management in the thread and he is 1 stage further going into PL.

On 31/01/2019 at 22:23, skaffa said:

Hi Knap, no words can be sufficient to thank you for you work.

Do you have a site where i can find all your fm19 tactics?

I am actually playing with Crewe. After 2 very good seasons I am now an underdog in the Sky Bet Championship.

Which of your tactics do you suggest me to use?

Thanks again.

Bye

Time 4411 is a great tactic. I won the league cup and dominated the Championship with it!

image.thumb.png.9543fd4770745e237d662cd2e237e990.png

Plugged in from the Dumbarton game. As I said previously starting with the Vol/Mez tactics most games. 

Bare in mind I have been rotating a lot of games since the league was pretty much won.

First league title in over a decade for Rangers in my first full season managing them. Pretty good going :) 

• 3 weeks later...
En 7/11/2018 a las 8:01, knap dijo:

For Aberdeen try a tactic strategy maybe BEOWULF Home and ANCHOR away

Ideally I would suggest  having a tactic strategy (example below) and there is still option to use balanced and cautious (tweaking)

Get a goal               BEOWULF 424

Home tactic           MIDSOMER 442

Away tactic            VOLANTE ANCHOR

Plan B                    PILGRIMAGE 451

Plan C                    VOLANTE BBM

SUS                        VOLANTE ANCHOR SUS

Sorry Knap. Can I ask you which is in your opinion the best tactic strategy for Liverpool following this model? Thank you so much! 

Get a goal               BEOWULF 424

Home tactic           BEOWULF  442 SALAH

Away tactic            SICILIAN DEFENCE

Plan B                    LPOOL 41212

Plan C                    BRENDON ROGERS NARROW DIAMOND

SUS                        SICILIAN DEFENCE SUS

May also be worth reading Optimus posts on mentality, which adds another layer of tweaking.

Would be same as I test with both MU and Lpool.

Can also play mentality game with Control and cautious mentalities as well as Attack and SUS.

The top tactic is usually 1st in OP. However, they are 19.2 tactics although Salah was posted as a beta tactic. Also it is a general strategy plan, rather than specific tactics, as the idea is to change if things are not working or to control games..

Archived