FM 19 Unplugged 433 Time 433 4321 Blue Matter 433, 4321, 4312 and Pilgrimage 4123 23221 Knap

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Knap, are you willing to release an updated 4-3-1-2 like this one?

183433444_Screenshot(979).png.5db1e3ec99

Maybe with some different player roles?

---------------------- SK -----------------------
-- WB ------ BPD ------ BPD ------ WB --
------ DLP ------ BWM ------ BBM --------
--------------------- AM -----------------------
-------------- PF  -------- DLF ----------------

or something like that :)

1 hour ago, knap said:

Is the original not working/

I only look at positions as roles are used to make a tactic work rather than player driven.

I haven't played with that tactic recently, just like the formation.

And I kinda have a squad right now that fits this set-up. But I find the midfield-roles CM-DLP-CM and two AF's kind of boring.

But if you have some other combinations that might work with this formation, be my guest :)

12 hours ago, Karlo said:

You might be on to something with this tactic. First 15 matches with AC Milan:

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.9eb3e95972d88c263c9ba53873b843e6.png

Losses were against Barcelona (friendly) and Juventus (Serie A).

Was this with the two pressing forwards tactic? I'm having mixed results with the two advanced forwards one.

On 03/10/2019 at 10:15, gooders11 said:

Was this with the two pressing forwards tactic? I'm having mixed results with the two advanced forwards one.

Yes.

Tactic is a bit shaky at the moment. Doesn't perform better than the 4132 sadly

I am using the 4132 to great effect with my latest Hertha BSC save, but wanted to ask how you manage the individual training for each position?

Right now, for example, I am training the Defensive Wingers as "Wingers support", but I am not sure whether that is beneficial in the long run, given the lack of training for the defensive attributes of the Dfensive Winger.

I wold not use a narrow tactics for underdog teams.

4132 or 4141 tactics can win PL with Wolvers or Newcastle. The ME is still 19.3.

.6 is just a reference to when tactic was set up

I set this up which is loosely based on the Brighton tactic used against Spurs.

Screenshot (29).png

Hey knap! sorry if this has been already asked but do we have to set the takers for set pieces? 

And also a question about your 442-110ecc. I have a regen who's right footed and plays as a left midfielder. Do you think he´ll fit in this tactic or is it more suitable for natural wingers? he has "cut inside" as ppm.

Thanks!!

Edited by sergiolagartija

Positions takers are set up - players I do not set up.

Usually wherever they play best - I end to try players on both wings but I would not change a role for a player.

13 часов назад, knap сказал:

I wold not use a narrow tactics for underdog teams.

4132 or 4141 tactics can win PL with Wolvers or Newcastle. The ME is still 19.3.

.6 is just a reference to when tactic was set up

I set this up which is loosely based on the Brighton tactic used against Spurs.

Screenshot (29).png

Hello knap! 
Can you give me please link this tactic?

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/09/2019 at 11:48, knap said:

On 29/09/2019 at 15:49, knap said:

With 2 CFs986524091_Screenshot(2437).thumb.png.206e288f1e36714700afb089397607e4.png

Hey @knap What's the thinking behind the much lower tempo in this 4-3-1-2? Were you trying to mimic a particular side here?

Edited by enders357

Mostly the full 90 mins. With a red card I may use a SUS Tactic.  It may be useful to consider a control tactic if well ahead but can have a downside of letting AI back into game. 

The lng term testing will just be tactic for 90 mins no matter what happens, so in theory game management should make the tactic more effective.

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 22:46, knap said:

I am not sure I can correlate anything in FM to real football

Hey Knap, I know what you mean, I personally think some areas (not all) of the ME are a mess especially striker movement and the awful crossing situation where it just hits a defenders knees bounces to an opposition player and off they go and score.  I find it hard to believe there "isn't a problem" like some suggest, I've tried various set up's and roles and it happens far too much.  In fact I would prefer the cross happened but got headed away by a defender at least that's realistic,,,,, However, I think I "might" have had a breakthrough.

Since I bought FM19 I have been trying to play a 4411 because it suits the players I have.  Early doors it was fine, ok I had far too many instructions but I was scoring a lot of goals and ended up with 97 one season.  However I conceded a lot as well but as long as you are winning who cares!!  With each patch though it became less effective and lord only knows what happened last week but the goals dried up totally.  I tried everything - role changes, mentality, no PI's at all, nothing worked until I made a few changes to my tactic as an experiment.

1.  Swapped my PF S to a PF A and swapped my AM A to an AM S.  This I had tried before with no luck, but with -

2.  Changed from Attacking to Positive

3.  Switched defensive width to standard to try and stop crosses coming in.

4.  The thing that I am sure has made a difference is I changed from "Counter Press/Counter" to "REGROUP/Counter

I went and won the League Cup Final v Man United then have beaten Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool the leaders with a draw to Bournemouth away.  Not sure how it will do long term especially away at the "big" clubs as nothing seems to work then but it was only the 4-0 win against Arsenal I haven't had more possession albeit they are small margins.

I am going to also experiment by taking hard tackling off and try easy (update - didn't work as well) as I was thinking about it and with hard tackling I suspect a player could end up on his backside and won't benefit defending if that's the case so I will see how staying on feet does but if you want try that change from Counter press to REGROUP and see how things go,.  My attack has improved and I don't get hit by as many direct balls over the top.  Of course it could just be a typical FM style confidence rise after winning the League Cup and another barren spell could be approaching!!!!

TACTIC.jpg

results.jpg

Edited by Sussex Hammer

I can win PL with WH using a more defensive tactic like Sicilian 4222, rather than changing to a more defensive option.. I would say Regroup is a slightly weaker option as a PnP. Generally all fwds have been on attack in FM 19.

If setting up a more specific control (reduce intensity) defensive or SUS tactic then regroup and lower mentality are options. Not sure if Optimusprimal covers this in "mentality matters"