BONANZA - FM19 BETA

Hi all,

A successful first season for me at Liverpool.

This is my first creation in the Beta, a 4-1-2-3 DM Wide. It presses high and hard when out of possession but when in possession we pass short and use width to our advantage. It stretches the opposition and the F9 draws defenders out of position to allow the IF to attack the penalty area.

It got off to a sluggish start as I was fiddling with it (probably shouldn't do that much fiddling early on) however it developed throughout the season in to a great tactic.

Some points of note -

Fitness....Oh dear god the injuries! I left training to the Ass Man but had to adjust nearly every week to get enough rest in to get players fitness back. 

OI - None

Corners - Attacking ones really good, 16 league goals from corners. Not looked at defense so maybe some improvements could be made here although conceded was on a par with the lowest in the league anyway.

Positions - 

GK - good passing, positioning, decisions.
WB - STAMINA, pace, crossing
CD/BPD - Pace, heading, tackling the usual here.
DLP - Passing, tackling, Positioning, workrate.
BBM - Stamina, pace, passing, workrate.
AP - Passing, stamina, pace, workrate, longshots handy.
IF - Crossing,finishing, plus good physicals.
F9 - Passing, positioning, pace, finishing and plays 1-2's is a great trait.

Versatile players that can play all the midfield positions helps with squad rotation.

There are some individual player instructions on some positions.

Any other questions please ask.

Tactic https://www.mediafire.com/file/1f8ho..._Wide.fmf/file

Corner Left 
https://www.mediafire.com/file/0p5en...ack_l.fmf/file

Corner Right 
https://www.mediafire.com/file/nwm1l...ack_r.fmf/file

1181896d1540238374-4-1-2-3-dm-wide-bonanza-20181022205910_1.jpg

1181898d1540239609-4-1-2-3-dm-wide-bonanza-20181022211752_1.jpg

1181908d1540245470-4-1-2-3-dm-wide-bonanza-20181022225555_1.jpg

1181899d1540239623-4-1-2-3-dm-wide-bonanza-20181022211801_1.jpg

How did Salah/Mane do for you from the wide positions? I've had the on IF/S with a Complete Forward/s or a Pressing Forward/a but Mane only just made double figures, and Salah about 13. When I changed them to IF/A they didn't seem to get to involved in the game. 

8 minutes ago, Mark H said:

How did Salah/Mane do for you from the wide positions? I've had the on IF/S with a Complete Forward/s or a Pressing Forward/a but Mane only just made double figures, and Salah about 13. When I changed them to IF/A they didn't seem to get to involved in the game. 

Salah scored 21 and got 20 assists. Mane scored late teens but did get injured quite a bit and he is prone to giving the ball away. Lallana actually did very well from the IF left side on Attack, he scored 20 goals playing there and a bit in the AP role. The AP role scores a lot of goals and especially if that player has good long shots.

The way this tactic is setup they score quite a few goals at the far post when the opposite WB crosses the ball, they essentially become a 2nd striker. I think the problem with the CF or PF is that they attract defenders so there is no space for your IF to attack, having the F9 draws players away from the centre when the F9 drops deeper.

I am going to experiment with different roles for the striker in the next season to see if I can get more out of that.

Mad respect for having developed and tested a "normal" tactic so soon after the release.

I fear that scoring at the far post is a hole in the ME that might still get fixed before the final release... or I should say I hope so. I've tried a few tweaks with winger tactics and I've noticed that my IFs tend to score a lot on these situations. Same with corners to the far post, btw.

One question re: this tactic in particular, in order not to be completely OT: Do you play around with the mentality at all, or do you stick with "positive" no matter the opponent?

1 hour ago, BarraBravaDCU said:

Mad respect for having developed and tested a "normal" tactic so soon after the release.

I fear that scoring at the far post is a hole in the ME that might still get fixed before the final release... or I should say I hope so. I've tried a few tweaks with winger tactics and I've noticed that my IFs tend to score a lot on these situations. Same with corners to the far post, btw.

One question re: this tactic in particular, in order not to be completely OT: Do you play around with the mentality at all, or do you stick with "positive" no matter the opponent?

Yes a lot of goals are scored that way however with this tactic there is also a lot scored from pullbacks tot he penalty spot/edge of the area.

I have largely left it on Positive although I train the same tactic with Attacking and Balanced mentality in the other slots so that the players can adjust during the game based on their own intelligence. I am going to try and more conservative version and test with a lower quality team to see if it still works.

Thanks for the feedback.

Archived