Sports Interactive Community
bassistuk

I guess it's time to add Usain Bolt!

That's debatable. I think his PR team are the one's pushing that. If he formally signs, he'll be in the game but I'm sceptical as to whether that'll actually transpire.

20 for pace and acceleration

1 for first touch, heading, decisions, anticipation and many others

He wouldn't get a start for an Isthmian League side but for reputation. He'll get a contract with Central Coast most likely and maybe a few cameos in games where they're several goals ahead. Good publicity for them. The likes of Jack Whitehall and Damian Lewis were far more accomplished footballers in Soccer Aid. 

Edited by Deano565

We have already had a recent long thread about his abilities, so lets not go back there.

Australian sports pages are reporting that a contract has been offered, but not accepted yet and still some way off in terms of contract package, so it is far from a done deal.

I live in Australia, Over here the general consensus is that he was offered a 150K contract which is the average in the A-League but he rejected and stated he was looking for a 3M contract. 

26 minutes ago, Superowl90 said:

I live in Australia, Over here the general consensus is that he was offered a 150K contract which is the average in the A-League but he rejected and stated he was looking for a 3M contract. 

https://www.ccmariners.com.au/news/usain-bolt-update

Per this it seems that was false though. He is kidding himself if he thinks he's getting 3m.

If he wants to play professional football he should grab any contract he can. Clubs are hardly queuing up for him, let alone those that can afford to offer big money. 

Although that said. I imagine the merchandise sales the club could expect to earn would be huge. So I guess if you take that into consideration he could push for more. I'ld certainly like 1% of those global shirt sales 😁

His contract offer from CCM has now been officially rejected and he is no longer training with them.  Unless he gets a substantial number of third-party contracts, it looks like the dream may be over

he ask for like 3mil a year salary, and the team only offer him 150k. fm is too real 

I don't understand why he isn't just added as a free agent, as that is what he is right now. If Antonio "Retired 3 Times" Cassano is in the game as a free agent, why can't Bolt be? @FrazT

Edited by Weston

1 hour ago, Weston said:

I don't understand why he isn't just added as a free agent, as that is what he is right now. If Antonio "Retired 3 Times" Cassano is in the game as a free agent, why can't Bolt be? @FrazT

I don't decide who is or is not in the game, but given that he has absolutely no history or experience in the game, he has nothing apart from his name and non-football reputation

1 hour ago, Weston said:

As Miles said in an interview here - https://www.gamereactor.eu/news/702773/Usain+Bolt+has+been+rated+for+Football+Manager+2019/

"We can't have Usain in the game unless he has signed a professional deal with a club, because until that point he won't be a member of FIFPro, which is the global football union that we get player rights from", said Jacobson."

17 minutes ago, FrazT said:

I don't decide who is or is not in the game, but given that he has absolutely no history or experience in the game, he has nothing apart from his name and non-football reputation

This doesn't make that much sense because he is a current/recent trialist actively looking for a club.

16 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

As Miles said in an interview here - https://www.gamereactor.eu/news/702773/Usain+Bolt+has+been+rated+for+Football+Manager+2019/

"We can't have Usain in the game unless he has signed a professional deal with a club, because until that point he won't be a member of FIFPro, which is the global football union that we get player rights from", said Jacobson."

This makes a lot more sense and explains a lot, I hadn't thought of this. Thanks for explaining!

Why do people keep banging on about Usain Bolt being in the game or not? We have had an editor for years now, if you want him in the game, just create him as a new player! It is such a simple thing to do in the editor.