[FM19] A couple of things

(sic)

This year I've decided to get more involved with skinning, but I'm having some issues.

I didn't get to moving panels around yet but there are a couple of things that I haven't figured out how to change yet.

First thing,  hovering over buttons. The color I'm using is much brighter but it seems like opacity is lowered, couldn't find how to change that. Tried with alpha="255" but that doesn't really change it.
Also here :
https://gyazo.com/e2f242d523ec448e83ac75572a30b3b8

I know you can edit graphics, but I'd avoid that if possible since it looks like it's really tedious.

Second, I need to change font color on selected item in inbox.
FONT COLOR SELECTED INBOX.png
Third, there's still some purple left! :D In tactics creator, when you select In transition, In possession, Out of possession it's in purple, also trying to change that.
purple.png
Fourth, player names box, I'm trying to change color of that too but couldn't find how.
player names.png
Fifth, top of tactics creator. It's still in green and I don't know how to change that.
tactics.png
And sixth, nothing major but I'd like to change color of that switch in scouting menu (list or cards view)

scouting card list.png

1 - It's likely you'll need to edit the over button graphic - though it looks like it might be controlled by the graphics in the skins\fm-widgets\graphics\buttons\custom\over state only\ folder which seem to be faded blue buttons, so you might be able to do it by altering the _button_border colours for the various buttons you want changing.

2. Should be controlled by either one of the inbox values in the settings file or one of the inbox files in the panels/human folder - sure it came up last year so should be a thread on it.

3. Player name I think this is in a silly place, should be a thread from last year with the location.

1. I've kinda figured buttons out, but I don't know how to fix the menu_highlight thing. It doesn't matter what color I set it's always darker.

2.  Checked settings folder again, not there. I can change general font color but I only want to change font color of the current message I'm on. Couldn't find anything on forum.

3. still not sure how to fix the purple thing

4.  Couldn't find anything on forums or in files.

5.  Still need to change color on top of tactics creator.

Inbox one is controlled by this setting:

<colour name="selected headline" value="white"/>

Top of the Tactics Creator is controlled by the tactics overview side panel xml file found in the panels\tactics folder locate this line (#78):

<container class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/custom/darken/no margin/paper" red_replacement="green a200" entity_layout_id="at01" id="at01" sub_group_id="NULL_ID" name="top bar" height="38">

Can either change the colour or the graphic depending on what you want as the graphic looks to be fairly transparent.

Player Names knew this was in a silly place (and looks like the thread from last year got deleted for some reason) it's controlled by the player selection button tacitcs xml file (yes typo is correct) found in the panel\widgets folder in that file locate this line:

<widget class="text" id="name" alignment="centre,can_scale" info_popup_enabled="true"/>

But the colour is hard-coded so to change it you need to use the gradient trick, add a font="<font_name>" bit to the above line.

Then in the fonts folder for your skin create a new xml file with the <font_name> you used above and paste the following lines into it:

<record>
<string id="file_name" value="text.xml"/>

<integer id="gradient_upper_margin" value="20"/>
    <integer id="gradient_lower_margin" value="0"/>
    <integer id="gradient_curve" value="0"/>

<integer id="gradient_upper_colour_red" value="45"/>
    <integer id="gradient_upper_colour_green" value="45"/>
    <integer id="gradient_upper_colour_blue" value="45"/>
    <integer id="gradient_upper_colour_alpha" value="255"/>

<integer id="gradient_lower_colour_red" value="45"/>
    <integer id="gradient_lower_colour_green" value="45"/>
    <integer id="gradient_lower_colour_blue" value="45"/>
    <integer id="gradient_lower_colour_alpha" value="255"/>
</record>

File name bit at the top is so it inherits the other font settings, you can change it to point to another file if you want a different appearance (or add the lines you want to this file), Then in the Gradient bits set the RGB Value you want and set the upper and lower values to match this will then override the hard-coded colour. To change the unpicked text colour it's at the bottom of that file but you can use the normal colour="XXX" bit to recolour that.

All the above files are extracted from the panels.fmf file

For the Menu that should be controlled by:

<colour name="menu selected" red="240" green="240" blue="240"/> (text)
<colour name="menu_highlight" value="blue grey 800"/> (graphic)

For the graphic looks like your issue might be because the actual graphic is half transparent, though it should hide if you set the colour the same as the normal menu, otherwise if you want a solid colour you'll have to edit the actual graphic which will be the over graphics found in the sitoolkit\skins\fm-widgets\graphics\menus\standard\ folder extracted from the sitoolkit.fmf file.

Thank you very much for help.
Yeah, I needed to edit graphics for the menu highlight. It was some kind of blue overlay on top item_over@2x.png.c18b8ba386f0c6811180ac163d14276f.png  that was put on top of settings anyways. But after changing its color it's now even darker.
https://gyazo.com/8be655c58bad25927f2f47ead99277d8

If I set it to transparent then it's completely dark.

Also when I set border and shadow for menu, it turns blue instead of orange like I set it.

Still not sure about player name boxes, I think you misunderstood me. I don't want to change font, but the teal box around it.
Or I just didn't do it right.

Alright player graphic should be controlled by the tactics icon info panel overview xml file found in the panels/tactics folder (you might also need to edit some of the other files with similar name as it looks like its split into different files for different states) and it should be this line:

<container class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/custom/solid/rounded/paper" red_replacement="teal 900" height="48">

There are other appearance lines as well you can edit but it looks like the default graphics for them are all transparent so it depends on what you want to do.

Looks like the purple thing should be controlled by team instructions mini overview (and the match one) found in the panels/team folder the appearance lines at the top should determine the graphics it uses, you can either point them to something else otherwise you'd need to follow those paths to the graphics as it looks like the purple colour is set in the xml files that are with the buttons so you'll need to change it there.

For the blue overlay what colour did you make the graphic - if you want a solid graphic you'd need to make the graphic solid blue (0,0,255).

Thank you so much for your help.

Only now I've realized how to use blue/green/red replacements and that it's controlled in the xml file inside graphics folder...I feel kinda stupid now :D

That was exactly the problem with the menu...those graphic files were transparent.

Hopefully there wont be any more issues regarding this. Still have to start moving panels around so that should be fun.

Well, I've stumbled upon some new issues.
I was able to move all menu items except the add at the bottom. I have no idea how to move, everything I've tried didn't work.Screenshot_1.thumb.png.a3ae4a11542fade53c896a9dfa81b625.png

Seems to be controlled by this

<!--promo banner image-->
            <widget class="picture" id="prob" width="250" height="150" keep_aspect_ratio="true" scale_picture="false" alignment="horizontal" offset="100" />

Also in main menu, I've looked into previous years threads. Changed the background, but manager is missing.
Tried to add 2 .dds files intro textures but that doesn't seem to help.

Another issue is when clicking training on player and going to position/role/duty it looks like this :. https://gyazo.com/56c444e2637802b1a9736b7619dfd3f2

It should look like this instead https://gyazo.com/a8643a6641e7cab841f83c97d934c296

It's seems like it's controlled by player training information.xml 

I'm still not sure about the thing I've mentioned above (promo banner) couldn't find a way to move it.

Edit : Managed to move the banner.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't want to make a new post so I'll just reply here.

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.a3246973859740308c682f57fd97ae13.png

Is it possible to change the little circles when selecting Position (scouting), currently they're black and hard to see. I've spent whole day searching trough different files but couldn't find it.
Also I'm looking at changing that green color...

That is a really hidden box eventually found it it's controlled by the person search dialog found in the panels\dialogs folder extracted from the panels fmf file.

The green colour is controlled by the values declared at the top of the file, first value for selected areas the other for unselected.

The icon looks like it should be controlled by the graphics located in:

\graphics\icons\custom\position\

Though it looks like your issue is the tick is actually transparent so the black is coming from your background.

Also looks like the colours might be controlled by these values:

<colour name="scouting pitch icon unselected outer" red="59" green="133" blue="53" alpha="200" />
  <colour name="scouting pitch icon unselected inner" red="62" green="138" blue="56" alpha="0" />
  <colour name="scouting pitch icon selected outer" red="251" green="251" blue="9" alpha="200" />
  <colour name="scouting pitch icon selected inner" red="51" green="151" blue="123" alpha="200" />

Thanks for help again.

Fixed the search dialog quickly, but I'm having some issues with icons.

Adding these lines didn't affect anything (I've changed color values)

8 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

<colour name="scouting pitch icon unselected outer" red="59" green="133" blue="53" alpha="200" />
  <colour name="scouting pitch icon unselected inner" red="62" green="138" blue="56" alpha="0" />
  <colour name="scouting pitch icon selected outer" red="251" green="251" blue="9" alpha="200" />
  <colour name="scouting pitch icon selected inner" red="51" green="151" blue="123" alpha="200" />

Icon seems like it's controlled by the graphics you mentioned, but I can't find the .xml file that affects what colors replace the default red and blue.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I haven been messing with my side bar and right now I have no highlight - selected effect on the side bar at all..could you help me pointing which files and graphics i should edit?

I remember someone in the forum changing the highlight to the secondary color..for whatever reason I cant find that post anymore..

Untitled.png

15 hours ago, <<Macaco-RJ88>> said:

Hi, I haven been messing with my side bar and right now I have no highlight - selected effect on the side bar at all..could you help me pointing which files and graphics i should edit? 

I remember someone in the forum changing the highlight to the secondary color..for whatever reason I cant find that post anymore.. 

Untitled.png

should be in this folder

graphics/tables/custom/sidebar/selected

I'm not sure about that one, as it is using club secondary color.

I'm just using club colors for that, you can do it by editing a file in

graphics/tables/custom/sidebar/selected

<colour id="red_replacement" name="primary"/>

• 4 months later...

Anyone?
I've tried deleting everything except "standard_menu" and it's still there. However when I used new settings file and changed its color it was working...I have no idea why this is happening. Maybe I'm missing some code?
Seems like I'll have to just edit a new file all over again.

Archived