Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
malikoi

FM19: Arsenal - Au Revoir Monsieur Wenger, Hola Señor Emery

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, lomekian said:

Looking at your squad positions, are you using my tactic? ;-)

Yep! Well, about 90% of it - I have changed some of the defensive settings and a couple of player specific instructions but otherwise all the same - much appreciated.

Just to add - your throw in set up is lethal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/02/2019 at 15:49, arsenalthebest said:

Nice what tactic did you use?

The 'Unai' one a little higher up the page

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BrickCommo23 said:

Yep! Well, about 90% of it - I have changed some of the defensive settings and a couple of player specific instructions but otherwise all the same - much appreciated.

Just to add - your throw in set up is lethal!

Have to confess the throw in set up is NOT my own. (and influenced the corner set up). The rest is just tweaks to the same tactic I've been spanking FM with for the last few editions now - which is basically how I think Arsenal should play with the squad we have  - its basically a more balanced and more efficient way of playing than late Wengerball, with a slight influence from the side 97-2005 side (and the odd specific instruction nod to GG's Arsenal). Funny thing is, you guys have had more time to 'test' it than me - I still haven't even got to April season 1 yet! Though I'm currently at 100% win rate, and in danger of beating my best ever GD record on FM (largely due to that freak 16-0 vs huddersfield!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/02/2019 at 13:00, lomekian said:

Have to confess the throw in set up is NOT my own. (and influenced the corner set up). The rest is just tweaks to the same tactic I've been spanking FM with for the last few editions now - which is basically how I think Arsenal should play with the squad we have  - its basically a more balanced and more efficient way of playing than late Wengerball, with a slight influence from the side 97-2005 side (and the odd specific instruction nod to GG's Arsenal). Funny thing is, you guys have had more time to 'test' it than me - I still haven't even got to April season 1 yet! Though I'm currently at 100% win rate, and in danger of beating my best ever GD record on FM (largely due to that freak 16-0 vs huddersfield!)

I'll also have to confess I feel a little dirty using someone's else tactics. I usually refuse but I've really struggled with FM19.

My usual 41221 was really toothless up front and I really struggled to change that.

Your two tactics are lovely though and I've slightly eased my conscience with a few tweaks for my players (No Ozil or Mkhi for example). 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/02/2019 at 13:00, lomekian said:

Have to confess the throw in set up is NOT my own. (and influenced the corner set up). The rest is just tweaks to the same tactic I've been spanking FM with for the last few editions now - which is basically how I think Arsenal should play with the squad we have  - its basically a more balanced and more efficient way of playing than late Wengerball, with a slight influence from the side 97-2005 side (and the odd specific instruction nod to GG's Arsenal). Funny thing is, you guys have had more time to 'test' it than me - I still haven't even got to April season 1 yet! Though I'm currently at 100% win rate, and in danger of beating my best ever GD record on FM (largely due to that freak 16-0 vs huddersfield!)

Sorry, you're in April and have literally won every single game?

Sounds like Diablo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BrickCommo23 said:

Sorry, you're in April and have literally won every single game?

Sounds like Diablo!

Not in April yet - and its not just the tactic - its smart recruitment and bulking out the squad with non EPL registerable freebie veterans to take the pressure off the cup fixtures. also, FM never gives Arsenal the '5 injuries in the same position at once' thing, and I bung loads of points into discipline etc as a manager to keep everyone motivated and firing. And obvs, as Eden Hazard has been carrying Chelsea, he's significantly improved my team...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, lomekian said:

Not in April yet - and its not just the tactic - its smart recruitment and bulking out the squad with non EPL registerable freebie veterans to take the pressure off the cup fixtures. also, FM never gives Arsenal the '5 injuries in the same position at once' thing, and I bung loads of points into discipline etc as a manager to keep everyone motivated and firing. And obvs, as Eden Hazard has been carrying Chelsea, he's significantly improved my team...

Yep, fair enough mate. I meant it as a compliment though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BrickCommo23 said:

Yep, fair enough mate. I meant it as a compliment though.

Didn't take it as anything bad, don't worry! Just saying that this isn't a god tactic like Diablo...I've not got the time to find all the game exploits that might be out there! ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone else had problems with loan signings?

I had Theo Hernandez on loan and every 8 weeks or so Ancelotti got in touch to complain I was playing him out of the agreed position. I wasn't, I was playing him precisely as a WB. 

When he complained I tried all options from 'I am playing him in the agreed position' though to 'sorry, I will start' but still he was unhappy.

So now, they won't loan him to me again or consider selling him due to the 'bad relationship' between the clubs.

Just me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BrickCommo23 said:

Has anyone else had problems with loan signings?

I had Theo Hernandez on loan and every 8 weeks or so Ancelotti got in touch to complain I was playing him out of the agreed position. I wasn't, I was playing him precisely as a WB. 

When he complained I tried all options from 'I am playing him in the agreed position' though to 'sorry, I will start' but still he was unhappy.

So now, they won't loan him to me again or consider selling him due to the 'bad relationship' between the clubs.

Just me?

Had managers complain about not giving their players enough playing time before but never had it turn into a "bad relationship" as a result of it.

Will load up my game and have a look if there are any relationship changes with other managers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TheBigBoss said:

any PA changes with the 19.3 update

Haven't checked the editor as I never do (and please don't post PA or CA in here unless you do it in spoilers) - but from the looks of it, Bukayo Saka and Ben Cottrell have been massively improved. Haven't taken a good look at the team though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 04/03/2019 at 10:45, Sysiphus said:

Haven't checked the editor as I never do (and please don't post PA or CA in here unless you do it in spoilers) - but from the looks of it, Bukayo Saka and Ben Cottrell have been massively improved. Haven't taken a good look at the team though.

Saka hasn't received any P.A increase it's still

Spoiler

-75(120-150)

but Cottrel has gone up from 

Spoiler

-65(100-130) to -75(120-150)

don't know about any others

Edited by arsenalthebest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 09/02/2019 at 13:09, lomekian said:

Have to say, this Arsenal 90s tactic is devastating. 

I tweaked the midfield roles slightly, using a MEZ on the side of the IF and alternate between a flat 4-4-2, an AMR, and an AML.

After the latest update, the long throw-in seemed to be defended better (or appropriately) , so I changed to quick throw. 

My latest season saw a treble win. Aubameyang with 40 goals, Lacazette with 30+ goals, and Belotti scored 25+. Everyone of my first team outfield players scored at least one goal. I made Leno my penalty taker for the last three PL games, so even he scored a goal. 

Set PL records for goals scored, games won, and points gained. Had a league GD > 100. Aubameyang broke Henry's Arsenal record for league and season goals (and then I sold the 31yo to Real for £70M). 

Edited by Harper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Whoa! Impressive match, Harper. :applause:

On 18/11/2018 at 17:08, WillyBroadband said:

Hello all, just thought I would share my transfers in my first season. 

Tbh I didn't want to get rid of so many but a few players became unhappy at me not letting them leave. Have cleared over £1M - a week - off the wage bill from letting the players highlighted leave which I'm pretty chuffed with. 

Sitting in 3rd on 2nd March, if I win my game in hand I'll go top by 2 points. Happy with that so far definitely. 

Screenshot 2018-11-18 at 16.03.21.png

 

Did you release Ozil on free?

-------------------------

Just started FM19 (always purchase after the Winter update). Have a huge learning curve ahead of me with the new features. 

Some struggles getting proper staff than the editions before. Arsenal's dwindled reputation hurting in many places. That said still got Bernhard Peters (Model Professional) as HoYD and Phil Cannon as Scout, who will later replace Bould as Ass Man. 

Also noticing more difficulty getting my demands through the board. This is going to be fun (in a positive way).

 

Since Arsenal has a decent group I focused on youth in the back getting Tymon (14 mil), Vagnoman (9 mil), and Mbabu 11.5 mil) while Jenkinson was loaned out. De Ligt slipped through my fingers towards Liverpool. 

Also picked up Pelayo Morilla (950k) as I plan to not active the buy clause in Suarez (in with patch 19.3) his loan contract. Didn't have enough cash to go after a younger keeper (had a 30 mil kit). Will be a challenge if Cech and/or Leno get injured.

Not focused on wing players since Smith Rowe and Nelson will return, so I have to be creative and rotate properly. 

Had some issues with Lichtsteiner and Xhaka in terms of playing time in October. Was forced to sell Lichtsteiner for 850k. Xhaka might follow as well. 

 

Focus for the first season will be to get back into the Champions League and win a cup (Europa and/or FA Cup). Pre-season was great, won all games while playing against the likes of Barcelona and Lazio. And In the league I've been able to keep my head above water moving around in the top 3. beat Liverpool, Man U and Chelsea comfortably. Lost to Leicester City.

 

Edited by Vilmar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Vilmar said:

Whoa! Impressive match, Harper. :applause:

Did you release Ozil on free?

-------------------------

Just started FM19 (always purchase after the Winter update). Have a huge learning curve ahead of me with the new features. 

Some struggles getting proper staff than the editions before. Arsenal's dwindled reputation hurting in many places. That said still got Bernhard Peters (Model Professional) as HoYD and Phil Cannon as Scout, who will later replace Bould as Ass Man. 

Also noticing more difficulty getting my demands through the board. This is going to be fun (in a positive way).

 

Since Arsenal has a decent group I focused on youth in the back getting Tymon (14 mil), Vagnoman (9 mil), and Mbabu 11.5 mil) while Jenkinson was loaned out. De Ligt slipped through my fingers towards Liverpool. 

Also picked up Pelayo Morilla (950k) as I plan to not active the buy clause in Suarez (in with patch 19.3) his loan contract. Didn't have enough cash to go after a younger keeper (had a 30 mil kit). Will be a challenge if Cech and/or Leno get injured.

Not focused on wing players since Smith Rowe and Nelson will return, so I have to be creative and rotate properly. 

Had some issues with Lichtsteiner and Xhaka in terms of playing time in October. Was forced to sell Lichtsteiner for 850k. Xhaka might follow as well. 

 

Focus for the first season will be to get back into the Champions League and win a cup (Europa and/or FA Cup). Pre-season was great, won all games while playing against the likes of Barcelona and Lazio. And In the league I've been able to keep my head above water moving around in the top 3. beat Liverpool, Man U and Chelsea comfortably. Lost to Leicester City.

 

That wasn't my match, was from the original post by lomekian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone developed players like Saka, Balogun, Amaechi and John-Jules from the Under 18s into the first team without editing the DB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/03/2019 at 14:34, Swills417 said:

Bellerin at right wing? Love it! 

i don't think so unfortunately i deleted that save accidentally:seagull: and he couldn't repeat his heroics from the backup save i had

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More clinical in front of goal. 

 

33 minutes ago, Tommo1 said:

Has anyone developed players like Saka, Balogun, Amaechi and John-Jules from the Under 18s into the first team without editing the DB?

Oops :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone tried/even wanted to sign anyone from spurs before? In 2026 and they have an outrageous forward (18 for all advanced forward attributes). Have about £500 million in the kitty. Is it acceptable to buy this player for 300 million? lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, yorkie87 said:

Anyone tried/even wanted to sign anyone from spurs before? In 2026 and they have an outrageous forward (18 for all advanced forward attributes). Have about £500 million in the kitty. Is it acceptable to buy this player for 300 million? lol. 

As long as you weaken sp*rs its okay, ahah!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 16:32, Tommo1 said:

Has anyone developed players like Saka, Balogun, Amaechi and John-Jules from the Under 18s into the first team without editing the DB?

John-Jules in in first team as backup, regular in u23s and been doing well for me.  In 3rd season and have loaned him to Blackburn in Championship where he is a key player.

Saka played well in reserves but never progressed, left on free.

Balogun switched nationality to become American, he didn't have a future so sent him on free to Colarado.

Amaechi went on loan him for 2 seasons to Porto.  They paid his wage for 2 seasons with 50k per month, added optional fee for £10mil which they picked up.  Fleeced them 

 

Edited by Garygooner666

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/03/2019 at 18:20, Vilmar said:

Did you release Ozil on free?

Real Salt Lake in the MLS signed him for nothing, yeah. Got his astronomical wages off the wage bill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

enjoying the winter update. with the pretty thin squad (especially at full back) and the ramsey departure for this first time in a while managing Arsenal may be a genuine challenge for a change.

i want to fit Ozil in my 11 but i really struggle to integrate a number 10 in any system. i played on the previous DB with a 41221 and retrained him as a CM but it took a while to become natural.

My question, has anyone managed to make a 4231 tactic work with an IF AM W behind a lone striker? (i always like the width coming from the right, especially with reiss nelson on the horizon)

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, gooner-joe-1989 said:

enjoying the winter update. with the pretty thin squad (especially at full back) and the ramsey departure for this first time in a while managing Arsenal may be a genuine challenge for a change.

i want to fit Ozil in my 11 but i really struggle to integrate a number 10 in any system. i played on the previous DB with a 41221 and retrained him as a CM but it took a while to become natural.

My question, has anyone managed to make a 4231 tactic work with an IF AM W behind a lone striker? (i always like the width coming from the right, especially with reiss nelson on the horizon)

Cheers!

See my tactic on the previous page....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished season 2 and it sucked. :( 

We won the Carabao cup, but we finished 4th (altough I wish this was real life standings at the end of the season) in the league, lost to Herta BSC in the first KO round CL and lost to Manchester United in the 6th round of the FA Cup.

Lacazette won topscorer title with 25 goals and Pavon became best youth player with 11 goals and 18 assists, which is great for a new guy. :D 

Now looking for a new number 1 striker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

clubs in this game(at least the lesser ones) don't seem to value young players much I've just agreed pre-contracts with three youth players with massive potential all players pa is over 180, plus a further 2 with decent-good potential all for zero

 

Edited by arsenalthebest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/03/2019 at 18:20, Vilmar said:

Did you release Ozil on free?

Hello mate, I managed to get rid of him again on the latest patch. For free to an MLS side again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WillyBroadband said:

Hello mate, I managed to get rid of him again on the latest patch. For free to an MLS side again. 

i actually got a bit from bayren for him without even actively selling him, a first for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/03/2019 at 16:29, itamarled said:

i actually got a bit from bayren for him without even actively selling him, a first for sure

Nice one, how much did he go for? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 15:58, Harper said:

Have to say, this Arsenal 90s tactic is devastating. 

I tweaked the midfield roles slightly, using a MEZ on the side of the IF and alternate between a flat 4-4-2, an AMR, and an AML.

After the latest update, the long throw-in seemed to be defended better (or appropriately) , so I changed to quick throw. 

My latest season saw a treble win. Aubameyang with 40 goals, Lacazette with 30+ goals, and Belotti scored 25+. Everyone of my first team outfield players scored at least one goal. I made Leno my penalty taker for the last three PL games, so even he scored a goal. 

Set PL records for goals scored, games won, and points gained. Had a league GD > 100. Aubameyang broke Henry's Arsenal record for league and season goals (and then I sold the 31yo to Real for £70M). 

Can I ask what skin is that and where did you get the backgrounds from pal?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WillyBroadband said:

Nice one, how much did he go for? 

56 milion pound upfront
I was shocked 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, soukeyna said:

Good day dearest,
You looks familiar to me, I am name is MG David Philip from United states. I am a soldier working for United Nation Peacekeeping, I have important issues to discuss with you. please kindly write me back for more details. Here is my email address(davidphilip702@gmail.com)
 

You need transfer tips lad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/03/2019 at 09:56, RobbieBriggs5183 said:

Can I ask what skin is that and where did you get the backgrounds from pal?

 

You'd have to ask lomekian. The picture in my post (since removed) is from his post with the tactic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I failed to realise how important squad personality/determination is.  Had a keeper I bought see his personality change from Model Professional/Citizen to Fairly Professional. 

Having somebody as Ozil as teamleader is influencing things more than I expected.  Playing with Arsenal you really need to inject a good doze of determined players/personalities into the team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update on my save.... Into season 4 currently, Currently top with 11 wins, 1 draw and yet to concede a goal. City in 2nd are on 10 wins from 10.

 

Season 1 - Finished 3rd, Out early in both Europa and League Cup, Won the FA Cup

Season 2 - Finished 4th, Lost comm shield, Out early in the FA cup & League Cup, Won Champs League on pens, beat Real at home in Semis after being 3-1 away

Season 3 - Finished 3rd, Lost comm shield. Lost League cup final (Liverpool), Won Club World Cup, Won FA Cup (Leeds), Lost in QF of Champs league to PSG (got blown away)

 

Current team 4231:

Leno

Bellerin, De Ligt (30m), Upamecano (60m), Gaya (55m)

2 of Milinkovic-Savic (60m), Guendozi, Torriera, Gedson Fernades (66m), Gravenberch (8m)

Mbappe (200m), Felix (50m+), Regen (8m)

Either Pellegri (60m) or Martinez (87m)

 

Just bought Mbappe and Martinez after selling Dybala (99m) and Auba (60m). Koscielny retired and Ozil's contract finally ended, Also got rid of Xhaka (35m), but could only get rid of Kolasinac on loan (80% wages). Got youths as backup for LW,RW,CAM,RB and GK so will prob need another 2 seasons to sort that out. Only other players in squad from starting Arsenal team is Nelson and Sokratis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just had Fulham come in at the end of the first season and offer 31.5 million for Bukayo Saka. Ermm, he's played two games and got an average rating of 6.97. Why in christs name would Fulham want him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all, I just managed the below! My first ever unbeaten title win. Sounds silly but I'm not sure I want to carry on with it now.. haha

1340628304_Screenshot2019-04-13at12_37_24.thumb.png.37b2112fa908eee1b0b735f2db422cad.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Reiss Nelson has been great for the past season & bit last season he got 20 goals and 13 assists in 25(9) appearances so far this season (late October) he's got 6 goals(joint second most) 6 assists(joint most) in 12(1) appearances 

 

p.s Spurs are still doing rubbish they're 19th after ten games with one win three draws and six loses :lol:

Edited by arsenalthebest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Find it funny nobody is rushing to sign Ozil for free as his contract is running out with me. 

 

Had some issues with Lacazette and Aubameyang not scoring for long period or only from penalties. Look like that dip is over and they're slowly moving up. Still using the same formation 4-2-3-1

Chambers and Holding have been fairly well for me as rotation players. Even re-trained Holding to BWM-D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/05/2019 at 08:40, Vilmar said:

Find it funny nobody is rushing to sign Ozil for free as his contract is running out with me. 

 

Had some issues with Lacazette and Aubameyang not scoring for long period or only from penalties. Look like that dip is over and they're slowly moving up. Still using the same formation 4-2-3-1

Chambers and Holding have been fairly well for me as rotation players. Even re-trained Holding to BWM-D.

Ozil is next to impossible to sell due to high wages and imagine his demands don't drop even when on a free.

Mkhitaryan sells normally to PSG or Inter Milan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait for my season to be over to see what kind of effect his departure will have. 

Mkhitaryan has been on Real's watchlist for over a season, haven't made the approach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the current squad let me down once again. Time to start a new save with the Mad Scientist's 03/04 database. Returning to when times were good and try and continue the run of the invincibles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone had any success in clearing out the squad? Eg the man in my picture

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how do you think i should sign:
Presnel Kimpembe for 24.5 milion pound and 130k for week
or
Clément Lenglet for 13.5 milion pound and 90k for week

I'm in my second season my cb's are: sheaf,sokratis,harmoso(from espanyol),chambers and holding

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...