FM19: Arsenal - Au Revoir Monsieur Wenger, Hola Señor Emery

malikoi

5 minutes ago, yorkie87 said:

People having so much joy with Ozil as a mezzela but I’m just not getting that?!?

The dude has absolutely insane off the ball, anticipation and dribbling. How can he not be great mezzala? He is too slow for the wings. But in midfield there's almost no one who can stop him. Give him some creative freedom and unleash him

Edited by crusadertsar

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, crusadertsar said:

Have been doing the prep phase in my save, analyzing all the players. And have to agree that's it's mostly a well assembled squad. Should be able to challenge for title easily. I'm amazed at how there's a young player under 21 for almost every position. I brought up some wonderkids to train with the first team, and have a starter and backup for every position plus some. Pretty big squad at 25 players. Fits the needs of my 4-1-2-3 DM wide very nicely. Except cannot fit xhaka in anywhere. He doesn't have good enough positioning to play defensive midfield for me. And not good enough offensively to fill in central midfield where I already have Ozil as attacking mezzala with Ramsey and Willock as his backups. Guendouzi is an excellent BBM beside mezzala. So Xhaka will probably be the only one to go. 

So even though would love to just play with no transfers, can't resist bringing in someone like Gedson Fernandes to have more depth in BBM. Maybe one transfer won't really be that bad haha

Yeah the quality of youngsters is fantastic. So many players with top potential in so many different areas of the pitch. 

I agree that Xhaka is an interesting one, I think his positioning is a bit underrated in FM, should probably around 12. I can see why you're not keen on using him as a DM. Personally, I'm using him as a DLP(d) in a flat 3 in midfield (4312 is my primary tactic). I'm using Torreira as a BWM and the idea is his positioning of 17 should make up for Xhaka's low positioning. I plan to ease Guendouzi into the first team and he will replace Xhaka sooner rather than later. I personally think DLP role suits Guendouzi the most as he has a great passing range.

One youngster who I really like is Maitland-Niles. This guy is a mr fix it. If there is a hole somewhere in your team this guy will do a job and plug it up. I think his best position is box to box, but I've been developing him as a right fullback because a) I think he can be developed into a very good backup for Bellerin and b) Bellerin actually got injured early in my save so I gave Maitland Niles some opportunities and he has been outperforming Lichsteiner quite comfortably. 

Currently top of the league after 9 games. However, bottom of Europa group after 2 matches due to heavy rotation. May have to put out some stronger squads in that competition now.

Edited by NabsKebabs

19 hours ago, crusadertsar said:

The dude has absolutely insane off the ball, anticipation and dribbling. How can he not be great mezzala? He is too slow for the wings. But in midfield there's almost no one who can stop him. Give him some creative freedom and unleash him

Do you think this could be that I play an inside forward with attack duty on left side? I play Ozil on MCL so could they be taking up same space?

Edited by yorkie87

31 minutes ago, yorkie87 said:

Do you think this could be that I play an inside forward with attack duty on left side? I play Ozil on MCL so could they be taking up same space?

I'm doing an IF (s) at AML with Özil as Mezzala (a) MCL and both players in these positions perform very well, so I'm not sure that's it. It could be some team instructions or the balance of your midfield - which roles do the players around Özil have?

29 minutes ago, yorkie87 said:

If it was a dlp and ac would this be too many playmakers?

Hmm, I personally don't like employing two playmakers in the midfield, but don't know if it does any bad. I suggest a DLP rather than AP as you might want someone to sit a bit more in the midfield to give Özil the space for his runs as Mezzala. But in the end, if nothing works for your Özil - I think it might be time to part ways with him and his huge salary.

1 hour ago, Sysiphus said:

I'm doing an IF (s) at AML with Özil as Mezzala (a) MCL and both players in these positions perform very well, so I'm not sure that's it. It could be some team instructions or the balance of your midfield - which roles do the players around Özil have?

Yeah. That could actually be a positive, causing an overload on that side. So I agree maybe something else in his tactic is not working as it should 

3 hours ago, yorkie87 said:

This is my set up, help gratefully  received. Too many team instructions?

20181120200955_1.jpg

To me it seems like you have one too many sitters in the midfield. Why don't you change them to have a runner from deep such as regista or BBM to support the mezzala while DLP (D) covers them both in the back

I'm really having limited success in selling some of the fringe Arsenal players off so thought I would ask to see what are the best sales people have got for the players.

Ozil .. Not overly looking to sell other then to reduce the wage bill and offload once suitable replacement, it seem most tend to free transfer him.

Mkhitaryan ..  Would like to sell but had no offers at all, even tried throwing him into deals without much success.

Welbeck .. no offers

Elneny .. best so far was from PSG which was around £25mil.

Monreal .. sold for £12mil in December leaving end of season (have Tierney signed for then).

Jenkinson .. £4mil seems the magic fee and normally goes Turkey.

Cech .. Starting new save and debating trying to sell him in this one (Leno got injured pre-season in my game so didn't try it).

Thanks

10 hours ago, Garygooner666 said:

I'm really having limited success in selling some of the fringe Arsenal players off so thought I would ask to see what are the best sales people have got for the players.

Ozil .. Not overly looking to sell other then to reduce the wage bill and offload once suitable replacement, it seem most tend to free transfer him.

Mkhitaryan ..  Would like to sell but had no offers at all, even tried throwing him into deals without much success.

Welbeck .. no offers

Monreal .. sold for £12mil in December leaving end of season (have Tierney signed for then).

Cech .. Starting new save and debating trying to sell him in this one (Leno got injured pre-season in my game so didn't try it).

Thanks

Ozil, Mkhitaryan and Welbeck all had nobody interested for me at the start of the second season. I eventually offloaded Welbeck for free, but nobody will touch Ozil or Mkhi, even for nothing.

As an aside, I managed to get: £27m for Iwobi, £15m for Ospina, £1.5m for Macey, £5m for Asano, £5m for Martinez, £29m for Kolasinac and £30m (rising to £40m) for Mustafi.

11 hours ago, Garygooner666 said:

Welbeck .. no offers

Thanks

Hey man, I managed to get rid of Özil on a free to an MLS side, Mkhitaryan I loaned to Porto for the season - that's £550K p/w off the wage bill. Elneny went to China for £14.75M, Monreal was my highest rated player, he has been superb. Jenkinson I sold for about £1M & Cech I extended his contract. 

Second season starts well. Won the Euro Super Cup and the Community Shield:

924705023_ScreenShot2018-11-20at20_10_54.thumb.png.fe53f9134e237db63fd8a8bc95c73a0e.png 1914832990_ScreenShot2018-11-20at20_11_45.thumb.png.2ce665a80446b326d24bd98a304ed5c0.png

League wise it's also good, however Liverpool look immense as well having signed Gelson Fernandes and Raphael Varane this summer.

170404393_ScreenShot2018-11-23at15_36_35.thumb.png.bbac8c1986235df71b86f1f4d41620be.png

Those were my transfers, no transfers in as I didn't feel like my team had any gaps. No major transfers out except for Sokratis, who wasn't happy playing in about 70% of my games and constantly asking for a wage rise. I didn't feel like giving a 31 year old who relies on his pace an extension with 160k p/w so Juventus loaned him for the season with a mandatory 40m future fee which I'm happy with. Next season I'll maybe have to buy a CD as Koscielny's contract will be up, and I don't think I'll renew it unless he'll accept a backup role with wage decrease. Currently he wants to be classified as key player and get 190k p/w which is absurd for a player who'll be 35 next season.

2133227563_ScreenShot2018-11-23at15_37_24.thumb.png.538c3dba07856276dd75b64ecdf97b88.png

Cheers guys. 

Season 1

I signed Pavon (£10m) Tonali (£8m) and Marin (£1.5m) in the summer window with De Ligt (£28m) Tierney (£22m) Arp (£15m) Kean (£12m) Vagnoman (£8m) to arrive at the end of season.

I managed to get (£30m) from Newcastle for Welbeck on deadline day with Jenkinson going to Turkish club for (£4m).

I renewed Cech for another year after selling Martinez (£12m) and Ospina (£15m) with Napoli paying over set fee !?

I lost Monreal and Lichtsteiner to free transfers.

Managed to sell Mkhitaryan (1st time in 4 saves) for £40m to Real Madrid who had a whole lot of injuries pre-season and replaced him with Sancho.

Sold Kolasinac (£30m) as Tierney was my starter, with Vagnoman and Maitland able to cover for both LB/RB spots.

Sold Sokratis (loan £40m) Mustafi (£40mil) and Koscielny (£30m) bringing in Upamecano to start alongside De Ligt with Holding Chambers backing them up.

Got 3 very good regens in a GK, MRLC and AMRLC that will be pushing for 1st team in a couple of years, no other great English regens but signed a couple of foreign wonderkids too.

Season 2

Elneny joining PSG for (£30m) in the 2nd January window as was upset at playing time so will look to add a top midfielder in that window (Gelson Fernandes, Milinkovic-Savic type level)

Real Madrid have come in for Aubameyang, they are currently upto £80m (November time) will see if they will go higher.  Lacazette has been outscoring him with Nketiah Arp and Kean filling in nicely.

Leno  Cech

Tierney  Maitland  Lopez

DeLigt  Holding  Mavropanos

Upamecano  Chambers

Bellerin  Vagnoman

Torreira  Xhaka  (Elneny)  

Ozil  Maitland  Guendouzi

Ramsey  Tonali  Willock

Sancho  Iwobi  Marin

Pavon  Nelson  Smith-Rowe

Lacazette  Aubameyang  Nketiah  Arp  Kean

Edited by Garygooner666

Really enjoying FM19. Haven't been this addicted in over 5 years.

I play FM Touch and enjoy the stripped down version that lets me get through a season in about 15 hours (I simulate most 'easy' matches). The transfer system does seem a bit wonky and I am having a really tough time selling my players.

The first season was up and down as I fiddled with a back 3, back 4, two up front, one up front, etc. but ended the season in fourth and lost in the Europa League Final.

Second season went with the traditional 4-2-3-1 setup with a slightly modified gegenpressing tactic (tried more possession-oriented last season to no avail). Won the league and the FA cup but lost to Man Utd in the UCL. Haven't made too many changes to the squad as you will see. In the first season I couldn't get anything out of Ozil and he played too close to the CM's (tried as AP-S) but went with the AM-S for this season and his assists went through the roof.

• GK - Leno, Martinez
  • LB - Kolasinac, Maitland-Niles
  • RB - Bellerin, Vagnoman ($20m)
  • CB - Socrates, Kos, Smalling (free)
  • CB - Pavard (release clause of $40m), Mustafi
  • CM (DLP - D) - Torreira, Xhaka
  • CM (CM-S) - Fernandez (release clause of $65m couldn't pass up), Guendouzi, Elneny
  • AM (AM - S) - Ozil, Ramsey
  • RW (IF - S) - Mkhi, Nelson
  • LW (IF - A) - Laca, Iwobi
  • CF (PF - A) - Auba, Arp ($15m)

Not really sure where to go from here to be honest. I already won the league and don't see any obvious ways to improve the squad. Going in I assumed I would sell Xhaka and Elneny, but Xhaka has been great to bring in as a more creative midfielder against weaker sides and Elneny is a great squad/backup player who never complains and is all around pretty good. We have a number of great youth in the reserves (Smith-Rowe, Morilla, van der Heide, regens, etc.) but finding playing time for them with the squad depth we have will be tough. 

Also, now that we've won the league everybody wants a new contract so my wage bill looks set to skyrocket... 

2 hours ago, yorkie87 said:

After a b2b midfielder. Anyone signed one they can recommend?

Guendouzi can do a very good job as B2B if you look after him and give him chances. He scores a good number of goals for me too.

On another note though, how does anyone beat Spurs in this game? They are ridiculous - they won the CL in my first season, finished a point above me in 2nd and have beaten me easily 3 times in a row.

On 28/11/2018 at 22:12, exorcisto said:

Guendouzi can do a very good job as B2B if you look after him and give him chances. He scores a good number of goals for me too.

On another note though, how does anyone beat Spurs in this game? They are ridiculous - they won the CL in my first season, finished a point above me in 2nd and have beaten me easily 3 times in a row.

They finished 11th and didn't get through the group stages on my save.. Makes me happy! :hammer:

On ‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 22:12, exorcisto said:

I beat them 6-1 in the 4th game of the season with Aubameyang getting five goals and Pavon one.  My problem is Kolasinac has got booked five times in 7 games !!

6-1.thumb.jpg.232cc0512504f7a33d185e042fec98bf.jpg

10 hours ago, Garygooner666 said:

I beat them 6-1 in the 4th game of the season with Aubameyang getting five goals and Pavon one.  My problem is Kolasinac has got booked five times in 7 games !!

6-1.thumb.jpg.232cc0512504f7a33d185e042fec98bf.jpg

How are you setup?

i have a 4-1-2-2-1 setup myself - With all the back 4 on support duties with a Regista sitting behind a Mes and a bbm. It works well but I do no get anything near like your stats there.

Could you share?

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:31, Kieran87 said:

How are you setup?

i have a 4-1-2-2-1 setup myself - With all the back 4 on support duties with a Regista sitting behind a Mes and a bbm. It works well but I do no get anything near like your stats there.

Could you share?

tactics.thumb.jpg.c5ecda2ce520d5852f845ebfda199179.jpg

Roles do change depending on players picked. 

Cech on defend where Leno on support

Bellerin/Kolasinac WB if Monreal/Lichtsteiner on FB on support or auto.

Sokratis/Marvo NCB cover Mustafi/Holding BPD defend.

Torreira/Elneny DLP defend (Tonali in 1st/reses)

Ramsey/Xhaka DLP support (Guendouzi 1st/res)

Ozil/Maitland Mez attack (Willock 1st/res)

Pavon/Mkhit Wing support

Iwobi/Kean IF attack, Smith Rowe Winger att.

Auba/Lacazette/Nketiah AF att 

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 21:12, arsenalthebest said:

Just got the game any advice on what positions to strengthen and what players to get for those positions

Selling players is hard in first window I tend to buy players for the end of the year and bring in a few youngster to cover for injuries and who can become homegrown.

Kolasinac plays better then his stats but gets booked way too much for me so lined up Tierney for end of season.  Kolasinac wanted by Barce in my save.

De Ligt is one of the top defenders in the game so normally sign him (did leave him at ajax until end of year) with intentions to pair him with another top young defender in 2nd season.

Tonali is great but PA can change so scout him well.

Sold Welbeck for £30 mil to Newcastle (£15m upfront, £10m end of year and another £5m in 6mth installments)  and picked up Moise Kean.

Pavon for just over £10mil is a bargain

Marin/Morilla potential wonderkids but again PA can change but for £1.5m is small fee.

Do normally try to get in Vagnoman but currently don't have the money (1st oct 2018 on save) but may bring him in January window.

Monreal/Lichtsteiner run out end of year but do have option to extend by a year, not decided on them yet.  may even extend and then cash them in at the end of season.

Fist name of Morilla nd 

13 minutes ago, Garygooner666 said:

Selling players is hard in first window I tend to buy players for the end of the year and bring in a few youngster to cover for injuries and who can become homegrown.

Kolasinac plays better then his stats but gets booked way too much for me so lined up Tierney for end of season.  Kolasinac wanted by Barce in my save.

De Ligt is one of the top defenders in the game so normally sign him (did leave him at ajax until end of year) with intentions to pair him with another top young defender in 2nd season.

Sold Welbeck for £30 mil to Newcastle (£15m upfront, £10m end of year and another £5m in 6mth installments)  and picked up Moise Kean.

Marin/Morilla potential wonderkids but again PA can change but for £1.5m is small fee.

Do normally try to get in Vagnoman but currently don't have the money (1st oct 2018 on save) but may bring him in January window.

Monreal/Lichtsteiner run out end of year but do have option to extend by a year, not decided on them yet.  may even extend and then cash them in at the end of season.

Is that Pelayo Morilla(Gijon) and Sandro Tonali( Brescia) 

Just now, arsenalthebest said:

Fist name of Morilla nd 

Is that Pelayo Morilla(Gijon) and Sandro Tonali( Brescia) 

yes mate.  Pelayo Morilla has a low release clause and Sandro Tonali I've signed for between £7-10m in first season.  Tonali Guendouzi Willock are perfect add to 1st team, train etc and be starters in the reserves.

Will sell Elneny/Xhaka at the end of the year in bring in a top quality midfielder adding those 3 in as cover and rotate them in.   Ozil is hit and miss as Mezzala and on £350k+ a week will sell at some point. 

18 minutes ago, Garygooner666 said:

yes mate.  Pelayo Morilla has a low release clause and Sandro Tonali I've signed for between £7-10m in first season.  Tonali Guendouzi Willock are perfect add to 1st team, train etc and be starters in the reserves.

Will sell Elneny/Xhaka at the end of the year in bring in a top quality midfielder adding those 3 in as cover and rotate them in.   Ozil is hit and miss as Mezzala and on £350k+ a week will sell at some point. 

How are you doing for home grown players iirc they’re are only 7 over the Of age 21

(I signed Huth on a free for a year to cover Koscielny injury) I might sign Another CB for 2-3 years and get a de ligt and maybe 1-2 youth CB’s , i think I also get a a new RB or  keep Jenkinson if I can find the money and space I’ll also get a An attacking CM and defensive one plus 1/2 wingers and a striker plus I already signed Tremoulinas on a free for a year 

Edited by arsenalthebest

2 minutes ago, arsenalthebest said:

How are you doing for home grown players iirc they’re are only 7 over the Of age 21

(I signed Huth on a free for a year to cover Koscielny injury) I might sign Another CB for 2-3 years and get a de ligt and maybe 1-2 youth CB’s , i think I also get a a new RB or  keep Jenkinson if I can find the money and space I’ll also get a An attacking CM and defensive one plus 1/2 wingers and a striker plus I already signed Tremoulinas on a free for a year 

I sold Jenkinson to a Turkish club for £4m.

I'm ok going the first season with Sokratis Mustafi and Holding rotating with Mavropanos and Sheaf in both 1st/res in cover.  Koscielny wont be back until end of Jan and wont be fit even then.

10 minutes ago, Garygooner666 said:

I sold Jenkinson to a Turkish club for £4m.

I'm ok going the first season with Sokratis Mustafi and Holding rotating with Mavropanos and Sheaf in both 1st/res in cover.  Koscielny wont be back until end of Jan and wont be fit even then.

I think Huth would be ok for a season then I can bring in de ligt 2nd season as I said home grown quota might be a worry if sold jenks and Welbeck

4 minutes ago, arsenalthebest said:

I think Huth would be ok for a season then I can bring in de ligt 2nd season as I said home grown quota might be a worry if sold jenks and Welbeck

It wasn't an issue for me the first season I just added some players under 20 to fill the quota.

Tierney will count as homegrown and the foreign players I bought (De Ligt, Tonali, Marin, Morilla and Moise Kean) will all count in a few years.

January in 2nd season over with. No transfers in, no transfers out. This is the league:

1650709821_ScreenShot2018-12-03at09_42_20.thumb.png.bcbc2f62521a2b7127b260647d0356f4.png

Tempted to bring in James Rodriguez on a bosman. Amazing attributes (except for the work rate) and reasonable wage demands. Özil turns 32 in October, so might be on the decline.

1139847614_ScreenShot2018-12-01at23_13_03.thumb.png.5348a3a5c9618edd48fa59ee73c94594.png

How is Joe Willock getting on for you guys? Haven't been able to find minutes for him in the first two seasons with our midfield depth so I've loaned him out. He performs well in the Championship (averaging about 7.10 for Birmingham (who have great training facilities and are top 4 in their league)) - but he isn't developing at all. Still a 2 star CA player (and 20 years old) and never has any green arrows, and if he gets them - he'll have red ones next month. 

Edited by Sysiphus

15 hours ago, Garygooner666 said:

It wasn't an issue for me the first season I just added some players under 20 to fill the quota.

Tierney will count as homegrown and the foreign players I bought (De Ligt, Tonali, Marin, Morilla and Moise Kean) will all count in a few years.

yeah i promoted Diallo , Mavropanos and Pleguezuelo from the under 23's

16 hours ago, Sysiphus said:

January in 2nd season over with. No transfers in, no transfers out. This is the league:

1650709821_ScreenShot2018-12-03at09_42_20.thumb.png.bcbc2f62521a2b7127b260647d0356f4.png

Tempted to bring in James Rodriguez on a bosman. Amazing attributes (except for the work rate) and reasonable wage demands. Özil turns 32 in October, so might be on the decline.

1139847614_ScreenShot2018-12-01at23_13_03.thumb.png.5348a3a5c9618edd48fa59ee73c94594.png

How is Joe Willock getting on for you guys? Haven't been able to find minutes for him in the first two seasons with our midfield depth so I've loaned him out. He performs well in the Championship (averaging about 7.10 for Birmingham (who have great training facilities and are top 4 in their league)) - but he isn't developing at all. Still a 2 star CA player (and 20 years old) and never has any green arrows, and if he gets them - he'll have red ones next month. 

All the Arsenal "wonderkids" have changeable PA so its a roulette what version you get, seen Willock have over a 30 point swing before (135-165 range). 

He is 3rd string for me behind Ozil and Maitland in attacking Mez role but played excellent pre-season and well in cups.  He trains with 1st team but is a starter in my reserves  

9 hours ago, Garygooner666 said:

All the Arsenal "wonderkids" have changeable PA so its a roulette what version you get, seen Willock have over a 30 point swing before (135-165 range). 

He is 3rd string for me behind Ozil and Maitland in attacking Mez role but played excellent pre-season and well in cups.  He trains with 1st team but is a starter in my reserves  

That's pretty much exactly the same for me (I have a Center Midfielder-Attack role instead). Ozil has been great there, Maitland Niles a very decent fill in for a couple positions, he's first back up in both the Box to Box and Center Midfielder-Attack roles and even third choice right back. Willock has filled in for both roles in European and Cup games and shown promise, I'll certainly keep him long term as he's home grown though I'm not sure he'll ever be more than a squad player.

Nketiah has been the best of the youth for me. Welbeck got a bad injury early in my first season so had to bring him up and he scored freely in the Europa which led to chances in the League and he did well there too. I'd often play a Lacca on the right, Auba on the left with Eddie up top. Nearly finished season 2 now and it's been much the same from him, he's even just scored late on in Anfield for a 1 nil win.

I'm possibly gonna look to sell Lacca in the summer. He's played for me mostly on the left, he's still got plenty of games up front and a few on the right. He's done well but considering he's basically my left winger and I prefer Auba and Eddie up front I'd like to get a more natural left sided player.

On 03/12/2018 at 00:48, Garygooner666 said:

how much i wages can i expect to pay for those players 

On 03/12/2018 at 02:00, Garygooner666 said:

how much wages did you pay for them? inc  pavon

6 hours ago, arsenalthebest said:

how much i wages can i expect to pay for those players 

how much wages did you pay for them? inc  pavon

PM'd you the screenshot of the contract deals I do have.

I always add all the clauses players ask for and remove/exclude most of them, may pay a little more in salary but the bonuses can really add up.

Signed Tierney for £75k a week raising to £90k after 30 games on 5 year deal with no other clauses.  I paid a £22mil fee and had to pay £3.2mil in agent fees on top.

Tierney for £25.2mil on 75k/90k I still think is a good deal financially and puts him on less then Kolasinac and Monreal.  He also adds some leadership which is needed.

3 hours ago, Garygooner666 said:

PM'd you the screenshot of the contract deals I do have.

I always add all the clauses players ask for and remove/exclude most of them, may pay a little more in salary but the bonuses can really add up.

Signed Tierney for £75k a week raising to £90k after 30 games on 5 year deal with no other clauses.  I paid a £22mil fee and had to pay £3.2mil in agent fees on top.

Tierney for £25.2mil on 75k/90k I still think is a good deal financially and puts him on less then Kolasinac and Monreal.  He also adds some leadership which is needed.

I signed de ligt and he’s on about 55k and I think about 75-80k after 10-15 league games  plus 20-30k in bonuses I plan to use him in cup games If I have a backup or below player I’m usually able increase apprence+ goal/clean sheet bonus by the amount I reduce the  basic wages by sometimes It’s it above the wage reduction but I find that ok as iirc it doesn’t take bonuses out of your wage budget so for example if a player ask for 80k I might offer them 70k plus add and extra 10-15 k in bonuses that gives me an extra 10k in wages for other players

1 hour ago, arsenalthebest said:

I signed de ligt and he’s on about 55k and I think about 75-80k after 10-15 league games  plus 20-30k in bonuses I plan to use him in cup games If I have a backup or below player I’m usually able increase apprence+ goal/clean sheet bonus by the amount I reduce the  basic wages by sometimes It’s it above the wage reduction but I find that ok as iirc it doesn’t take bonuses out of your wage budget so for example if a player ask for 80k I might offer them 70k plus add and extra 10-15 k in bonuses that gives me an extra 10k in wages for other players

Sorry sent you an old picture for De Ligt deal.

I signed him for £80k a week rising to £100k after 30 appearances and no other clauses but 3 year option to extend.  The price I paid was £29.5mil fee and agent fee of £1.2mil.

Rather than sell Lacca liked I planned I ended up selling Auba to Real. I would have liked to keep him but it was his dream to go there and 100 million for a 31 year old seemed tough to refuse. I've replaced him with Icardi for 85 million.

Finished my second season. Performance was disappointing, didn't manage to retain the title and went out in quarter-finals in the CL. Had horrible injury spell in Feb/March were Torreira (6 months), Özil (month), Ramsey (3 months) all got injured so my midfield was weakened significantly. During that time Liverpool overtook us in the league and United knocked us out of the CL.

1623516573_ScreenShot2018-12-05at14_27_28.thumb.png.6747922b45d69a4e959e80d28d59fdb5.png

Individually it was okay, but not good enough. I didn't have a prolific goalscorer, Lacazette and Nketiah were mediocre and Auba played on the flank like he did in the first season (did that really well then). Özil and Mavropanos my best performers.

637528309_ScreenShot2018-12-05at14_26_58.thumb.png.97e0be038490bde417b075a748902058.png

I need to strengthen my defence for the upcoming season as Koscielny and Monreal will leave as they'll turn 35/34 next season and don't have the speed, agility or stamina to justify their contracts (Koscielny still wants to be key player with 120k p/w in wages). I'll bring in an BPD and maybe a full-back. I might also give Joel López a chance before Christmas and see how he does. Don't think he's quite ready yet though. 

I'll also try to move on Mkhitaryan, don't fit him in anymore as I'm always wanting to make Smith Rowe or Nelson my first choice on the right wing.