FM19 - Club Heading Colours vs Text Colour Difference

Hi,

I'm wondering if someone can shed some light on this issue for me, as it is something that's bugged me since last year.

I have just started a game with Wolves who from this season have adopted more of a Gold colour home kit and the text colours for this kit are reflected in FM19. However, the colour on the headings and search bar section remains Orange and it looks as though, despite the text colours being correct, the heading colour is somewhat darkened.

Is there a reason for this and if so, how can I correct it?

The game generally does some contrast adjusting of the colours to make them more readable, however in the case of Wolves looks like it's just using their normal colours as whilst the shirt is gold the text colours seem to still be set to orange, so in that case the colour will have been set by the researcher (so it'll be a data issue).

Normally you can change the colour by changing the way the recolouring is down in the xml file to remove the contrast changing or use the editors to change the text colours, but it looks like this year the titlebar colours are being grabbed from elsewhere (for example Blackburn header is showing dark blue, but kit text showing light blue) so will need to wait until full release to see what controls it.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, SirCular said:

Is there any chance someone could have a scan now the full game is out and see if there is a solution to this?

Would be greatly appreciated as, despite it only being a small issue, it annoys the hell out of me :D

Have you tried this in the in game editor?  I'm put off buying it until I know it can change this.  It'll be a pain in the arse if this can't be changed once a game's been started.

3 hours ago, priority76 said:

Have you tried this in the in game editor?  I'm put off buying it until I know it can change this.  It'll be a pain in the arse if this can't be changed once a game's been started.

I don't believe it's that simple. The Wolves Researcher has stated that he had changed the text colours to those they should be, but still the headings were different which means the old method of changing the text colour doesn't appear to work.

Would probably be best to wait for confirmation though as it may have changed with the full release.

The header colours look to be controlled by a different setting in the Pre-Game Editor, rather than the kit colours (I'm guessing due to the new comp colours) so it looks like you might need to change it their before starting a new game. (Looks like in the case of Wolves it has a slightly different shade of orange set for both).

1 hour ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

The header colours look to be controlled by a different setting in the Pre-Game Editor, rather than the kit colours (I'm guessing due to the new comp colours) so it looks like you might need to change it their before starting a new game. (Looks like in the case of Wolves it has a slightly different shade of orange set for both).

Will give it a whirl just before hopefully starting my first save now. Thanks for the response!

4 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

I'll give this a whirl as well even if I get lost in the Editor when I go in there (a fear of ruining the game as well).....I've been used to changing the colors of the kits with the IGE to change the titlebar / text colors......I guess every year we get a new test of our abilities.....hopefully a patch can revert to allowing the IGE to change the colors......as always, thanks for your skinning wisdom.

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, iownyou said:

Anybody been able to figure out how to do this?

I'm editing text colour via the editor but once the game begins it's not the same colour as the heading.

In the pre-game editor, you can change a team's titlebar colours by changing the foreground and background colours in the details tab. The text in the kits tab is now only for the colours in-game, I believe...

Any chance this will be possible in the IGE again like in previous FM's?

Bit of a game breaker when using lower league custom databases made by others. Often kits and title bars are a default blue. I'm used to change that in IGE when I come across one of these clubs as an opponent, gradually getting most of the colours right. To do it al in PGE is a mammoth task when playing lots of pyramids down to the bottom leagues..

I actually bought the FM19-IGE exclusively for this purpose just to find that this functionality doesn't seem to work in FM19.... :-(

Edited by ommerson