Questions regarding training

Now that the training has been revamped and that we have weekly rating on how our players do it, I would like to know what this ratings really mean ? If a player has a good rating, does it mean that he's put a lot of effort into training or that he performed well during it ? Sometimes you can be good without doing your best and sometimes you're doing bad while trying hard !

In fact, I would like to know if it has an impact on players form and how they could perform during their games. If a player has a high training rating, is he more likely to perform well in the next game ? Should we take this into account while we're picking our first eleven ? And, if yes, should we take a player with a good training rating to reward him for his efforts or because he should perform better than if he had bad ratings ?

Thanks in advance...

As with everything in FM19 this year, I would think of what you'd do in real life. You have your players and then you have the one or two players who really train well. They do everything they can in training and try to improve, try to learn your style, try to impress.

If it is one of my starting players, great. If it is one of the rotation players or backup players, then I consider putting him in the starting 11 for the next match. I mean he's training well, he wants to be there, he has desire, and shows he wants to be part of the team. If I then have a first team player who seems to be "complacent" couldn't care less what we do, then yes, definitely, I will drop him.

I think this is what the "ratings" are showing you. Hey, manager, there's a guy training like a maniac, maybe give him a chance?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived