Captain notifying you of a potential issue

I like this new feature in FM19 that the captain notifies you of a potential issue so you can approach the player "before" it becomes a significant issue and disrupts the changing room.

I do though have to think some of the responses are....well...shall we say..... unrealistic?

For example, a player of mine was considering asking for a new contract. I then ask him if he has something on his mind.  Because I approached him early on about this, his reply is that there's no issue now as I've spoken to him, and holds off the demand for a new contract.

I'm thinking of this IRL, and wonder who responds in this way based on the scenario?   It's like if I wanted a pay rise at work, and I was thinking about approaching my boss and shared this thought with a friend, he then goes and tells my boss there might be a potential issue. My Boss then comes to talk to me about it only for me to go "You know what, as you've come to me about this Boss, I don't think I'll be asking for that pay rise now...cheers though Boss"

I dunno just my thoughts on how realistic the response is in this scenario, as I've seen this a lot in my game.

Concerned player.jpg

Archived