Extremely slow player development

Hi,

Just wanted to ask if anyone else noticed a drastic change in speed of player development? I am playing my first season as Man U, who have a lot of young players who in past FMs developed very rapidly. This year I have yet to see a single player improve in more than 4 attributes in a given month, and maybe 3-4 players in a month have any stat improvements at all. Most of my team has declined or remained at the same level. I am in March atm and am leading in the league and playing in all competitions so everyone is getting sufficient gametime. Maybe changes in the training system have got something to do with it? Or are players developing for everyone at speeds similar to previous FMs? 

2 minutes ago, warmaldo said:

who in past FMs developed very rapidly

That's more of the issue and how we've become accustomed to it.

Previously it was far too easy to max out a young player's potential at a very early age.  It became the norm rather than the exception and therefore unrealistic.  This has changed in FM19 and players should generally develop slower, so now young players who reach their potential early will probably be the exception rather than the norm.

Training and Mentoring have massively changed.  There are guides and discussion threads if you want to find out more in the Tactics and Training forum as well as the FM19 Issues Forum (Training and Medical).

My data is also small sample size but i thought its slow as well. Its not just for Young Players, its every one. I barely see a 2 or 3 Increase in Young Players and 1 or 2 at max in other players. In other hand Old players are loosing their Physicals at first but slightly slower than Previous years where we often see a Old Players just gets finished in matter of weeks. But i will see whether it sticks or not. If it does then i would be really happy. 

As has been said above, if its slowed down that's probably a good thing - especially if its matched with slower declines for older players. Aritz Aduriz has fell off a cliff at the end of the first season in every game since I started playing (FM15) despite actually improving with age in real life.

I've had some young players develop fairly rapidly, but most make only minor improvements over the course of a full season of football (30-40 games). One lad finished his first full senior season as my top scorer with an overall decline in attributes (going by the whole numbers, not fractions or hidden CA). High training ratings all year but did waste a lot of time failing to learn a ppm.

Archived