[FM19] [WIP] Scotland - The Full Pyramid

10 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Is the verification difficulty due to the file being an xml? Any way you can convert it to fmf?

It’s any imported file. You used to be able to export, manually edit code to verify it and import back in but it doesn’t work this time round sadly.

Makes things so much harder for all complex DBS out there.

6 hours ago, Wavelberry said:

Hey @Morrissey I loaded the game in the editor to make some Wick changes and I can't verify the rulez and am getting this error message.

d6a126624f53a666de0e040551f479e7.png

Any word on what I can do to change this as would like to get ma Wick up and running. Feel free to PM me if easier.

Yeh, that's what I find - any tiny change in the editor jiggers the file. That's why I was asking if it could be converted to *.fmf

Unfortunately, this year's editor stops you converting a file to FMF when verifying manually. Any changes to my file will not verify...

You need to export after saving, then manually change the code in notepad, import in and save again. It'll still not let you select your leagues, but it'll work!

@Morrissey hiya mate just checking before I try this. Is there an issue with fixtures loading a few seasons in as someone has asked previously? 

Also so how far down does your promotions go (I.e how low can you take a team from to the SPL for instance.)

look forward to trying it. Cheers. 

13 hours ago, ChiccO said:

@Morrissey hiya mate just checking before I try this. Is there an issue with fixtures loading a few seasons in as someone has asked previously? 

Also so how far down does your promotions go (I.e how low can you take a team from to the SPL for instance.)

I tested five seasons before I started with my save and everything seemed grand so...

On 22/11/2018 at 10:02, ChiccO said:

You can get 10 promotions to SPL if you start in SJFA West League Two.

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 13:56, Morrissey said:

Save this (My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2019 > editor data) and it'll be ready to go.

Is this literally all I do to activate this?

I'm not techie/computer knowledgeable in the slightest but really tempted to take the plunge with one of these pack type things.

9 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Is this literally all I do to activate this?

I'm not techie/computer knowledgeable in the slightest but really tempted to take the plunge with one of these pack type things.

Well after you've popped it in the editor data folder, you fire up the game. When you're asked to choose leagues, click Scotland but on the next screen click the drop-down menu. By default, it goes down to  League Two but the drop down has Morrisseys extra ones. Choose the lowest one and load up your game!

On 05/11/2018 at 23:35, montrosefc said:

Great work on the database so far. Looking forward to see how far I can take Montrose Roselea.

Happy to help making kits if anyone can send me the pictures. Roselea ones are already done of course! :D

Montrose-Roselea-Home-18-19.png

Montrose-Roselea-Away-18-19.png

Hi there, I was wandering if you could make some kits for Gretna 2008? it would be much appreciated as I haven't got a clue about these things haha

I have encountered an unusual bug. Managing Eyemouth Utd in EoS Conference B, I've found that if I finish in the top 6 and therefore qualify for the EoS Premier Division for next season, fixtures generate fine. However if I finish in the bottom 7 and therefore qualify for the EoS First Division South, the fixtures for the EoS Premier do not generate for the following season.

On 30/11/2018 at 14:10, thisisneeds said:

Hi there, I was wandering if you could make some kits for Gretna 2008? it would be much appreciated as I haven't got a clue about these things haha

Sure. Do you happen to have a picture of this seasons away kit? Cant find one anywhere.

A few things. Pretty minor but Im a purest... only usually stick to official db as even small stuff annoys me. especially if it surfaces a few seasons into a game.

I cant seem to get your database to load in editor. any suggestions? Also do you know why the leagues bit is greyed out when you go to load? (if i was able to prevent the lowest leagues being playable that would sort a lot of my issues) I mainly want to play the east of scotland.

some changes if poss:

-Any clubs playing B teams in the lower leagues would be great just to have listed as " " Reserves. as opposed to having abbreviations after team name 'SoS' etc. Personal preference but the leagues officially refer to them as reserves and it looks a lot better and consistent.

-Easthouses Lily play at 'Newbattle Complex' (100 seated)

-Tynecastle play at Meggetland sports complex ( 4,388 (500 seated) )

-Orkney FC aren't in the game at all. Weird given they won the North Caledonian league last year and teams who were lower like Thurso and Inverness Athletic are in it. Not a major thing as the north caley league is a stand alone division with no relegation or promotion anyway.

Captain, Morrisey's file is an *.xml, not a *.fmf. As such it can't be edited. You can load it up to look at it using the 'import file' option, but if you alter the tiniest thing the new file won't load at all. For me it's a shame as I really want to manage in the lowest reaches of Scotland but without the possibility of editing, I just put it in the background and reluctantly manage in England or Wales :-(

Yeah great effort Morrisey. But i personally would love a more simplified version. You mustve put a huge amount of work into this so I mean this constructively but i feel you've maybe tried to do too much. with addition of juniors etc

Maybe a version of the senior leagues just down to tier 6? but editable.

For what its worth the only other scottish lower league download i can find has a flawed north caley league (only 8 teams rather than 9 and cant change the preset rules without starting from scratch)

Best ive found is editing this so north caley league is inactive (bothers me less) and lets me edit/concentrate of adjusting the other divisions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Mozza,

Late to the party this year, but am currently into my second season with this database and have noticed the East of Scotland Premier is unscheduled and not running in the 2019/20 season and no fixtures are being played for it. I'm assuming this isn't working as intended and may result in a crash at the end of this season unless it randomly decides who goes into promotion and relegation playoffs?

What's the latest, can we expect any futher updates?

I have a suggestion: Can you fix the former Junior teams who have stepped into the EoS leagues who still don't have a youth team and stops them being able to promote signed youth players that go into a phantom U18 team when given youth contracts (tends to happen on youth intake days).

Linlithgow Rose and Kelty Hearts are prime examples of this, there are a few others too and i fixed it last year myself. However, due to the manual verifications issues this year i'm not going to be able to.

Edited by dburnsdundeemad
wrong season dates

On 22/10/2018 at 01:54, Morrissey said:

Steam Link: Download the DB here
Logopack: Scotland (by MozzaGaming).zip

Enjoy!

N.B. Fantasy File to follow. There is no promotion out of the SJFA leagues in this file.

@Morrissey, great work! I'm enjoying playing in the SJFA Superleague with Lochee UTD. Any idea when you will have the fantasy database ready so I can take them all the way to the top? Is their inclusion in the pyramid actually happening next season IRL?

Edited by Garageflower

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Right, am taking the plunge. Gunna try installing this tomoz (was meant to be today but missus changed her plans :ackter:).

Never EVER done the editor or a custom database before so hopefully I can figure it all out but after 15 odd years of playing FM and actually taking lower league teams up I think I’m now ready to properly do something like this.

Like a junkie moving on to a new level of drug :lol:

1 hour ago, metallimuse said:

Installed and been playing past few days....ooooooooooooh :applause:.

Wasn't joking comparing it to a junkie going next level, it's glorious.

**** me though, keepers at this level :seagull: :rolleyes:

It's proper *****. It really doesn't get better than this - try not to spoil it and get promoted :hammer:

16 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

It's proper *****. It really doesn't get better than this - try not to spoil it and get promoted :hammer:

That's the thing that's terrifying me!!!!

I only stepped down one division to Highland league to dip my toe in as even that level is far different to League 2 and can't get decent loanees in like in League 2.

Gone Fort William due to being inspired by Loki Doki's YouTube channel. Don't think I will be going up this season but defo will not be fighting relegation.

So have you guys been playing the database for a while? Can I take a team from the lowest tier all the way through to SPFL? I couldn't find the answer from within the thread.

By the way, just thought, do regens happen down at this level? I only have a reserve team not a under 19's.

Like wise, if I take a team further up the pyramid who doesn't have under 19's/youth team will the game then add one to my club as I go higher and more professional?

• 3 weeks later...

Successful 1st year with Fort William, predicted dead last with that as board expectations but after sitting 5/6th for a large portion of the season I finished 10th after a shocking end of season.

I’m sure it’s not a bug or anything but tried to sign a few players from lower leagues than the Highland league but after bids accepted none of the players would even entertain the thought of signing citing the fact that they didn’t think the clubs ambitions matched theirs? In some instances I’m three leagues higher than them?

Edited by metallimuse

• 3 weeks later...

After 3 years at Fort William and the beginning's of success I'm loving this database that much I've started a new save as Vale of Clyde down in SJFA West League Two so that I can work my way through and enjoy the full database.

Thanks @Morrissey :applause:

On 23/11/2018 at 15:06, phnompenhandy said:

OMG had to come back and check on this as in game it doesn’t list promotion when you reach the SJFA West Premiership. 

2 seasons as Vale of Clyde and I’m into SJFA Championship doing a youth only challenge currently.

On ‎23‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 15:06, phnompenhandy said:

Wait, if it's 10 promotions then that's SJFA West League 2, 1, Championship, Premiership, SPL League 2, 1, Championship, I'm guessing Lowland League, HIghland League...that's 9, what league am I not realising I have to get through?

On 21/05/2019 at 22:45, metallimuse said:

Wait, if it's 10 promotions then that's SJFA West League 2, 1, Championship, Premiership, SPL League 2, 1, Championship, I'm guessing Lowland League, HIghland League...that's 9, what league am I not realising I have to get through?

Go to the league rules tab and keep clicking the links to division you're promoted to. Which division promotes you into the Lowland/Highland league? Isn't there an East of Scotland & South of Scotland Superleague or something?

In the rules and structure it just stops at Juniors Premiership as in reality that’s where it stops isn’t it? I can see by the green bar and your post about promotions that I obviously can advance so I’m not sweating it but yeah, not quite clear where I’m going lol.

Ok so now I’m concerned. Pollock won the SJFA West Premiership last year but looking at their schedule played no play play off game and are still in the SJFA West Premiership, don’t tell me I can’t get promotion?

12 hours ago, metallimuse said:

Ok so now I’m concerned. Pollock won the SJFA West Premiership last year but looking at their schedule played no play play off game and are still in the SJFA West Premiership, don’t tell me I can’t get promotion?

There is no promotion from the West Premiership, East Region Superleague or North Region Superleague as per real life. The Juniors are essentially a separate pyramid to the Seniors. The lowest level you cant start at and get promotion all the way to the SPFL Premiership is the East of Scotland/South of Scotland leagues.

The second post in the thread says it.

He's made a fantasy version in the past where there is promotions between the system, but this is the real life version.

• 1 month later...

Thanks very much for creating this database. It is hugely enjoyable. 

I've taken over my local team, Kirkintilloch Rob Roy. They can't get promoted out of the junior leagues, but I am cool with that for a while. Trying to cut my managerial teeth at this level in the juniors before heading up into the feeder leagues for the SPFL. I cleared the squad of the players with 'low self belief' and 'fickle' personalities. Brought in 18 new players in my first fortnight in charge. Managed to fend off a lot of competition for players. Thanks to Auchinech Talbot's poor transfer window we are now the favourites for the West Premiership. But with this comes added expectation and pressure. 

I got through the West of Scotland Juniors League Cup group stage, only to be eliminated on penalties in the first knockout round. Not too concerned as my players were still adjusting to tactics and to each other. But since then we have managed to put 4 wins in 4 games together. Still to lose over 90 minutes. Clydebank are the team keeping pace with us. But the Scottish Junior Cup is around the corner, with Rob Roy not having won it since the 60's. First round draw was unkind to me: Auchinlech Talbot. I really want to win the holy grail of the Scottish Junior Cup with my local team. I'll be a local legend if I manage it. 

Once again, great database. 

Halfway through my first season with Kirkintilloch Rob Roy. Sitting one point clear at the top of the West Premiership and in the last 16 of the Junior Cup. It has been a great season so far, even though we have lost some key players to semi-professional teams. I'm looking forward to the summer when a lot of players leave their contracts and junior teams compete to snap them up. I think we've shown we're the team to join ;)

Hi, loving playing with my local Highland team but I've encountered a problem. 

First season came 3rd with Forres Mechanics, all good. 2nd season we won the league by a point. Won the play off with the Lowland League winner, Edusport so earned the right to play Berwick for a place in SFL2. This is where the problem started... 

After the Edusport 2nd leg all my players went on holiday so I had no players for the game v Berwick. Will this happen every season or can I change the holiday dates? Can't find an option for it. Gutted! 

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, metallimuse said:

No. Took Vale of Clyde up thinking it was a fantasy pyramid but it's not.

im doing vale of clyde im in the west champ 3 seasons in but im in the 3rd round of the scottish cup fingers crossed i win it

2019-09-02.png

Edited by Tic tac

• 4 weeks later...