Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Morrissey

[FM19] [WIP] Scotland - The Full Pyramid

Recommended Posts

Love this database.  I know there is no promotion/relegation between some of the tiers in Scotland, so you can’t go from the very bottom to the top.  Whilst I acknowledge this isn’t lifelike, will you be releasing a version where this is possible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I follow you around the Lowland League circuit with your match reports etc so I'm excited that I'll be able to see the real squads in your file. As Daz requests, I really need a save with certain promotion/relegation even if it has to be fantasy, eg automatic relegation from/promotion to the Highland League.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/10/2018 at 20:58, DazRTaylor said:

Love this database.  I know there is no promotion/relegation between some of the tiers in Scotland, so you can’t go from the very bottom to the top.  Whilst I acknowledge this isn’t lifelike, will you be releasing a version where this is possible?

 

On 26/10/2018 at 02:17, phnompenhandy said:

I follow you around the Lowland League circuit with your match reports etc so I'm excited that I'll be able to see the real squads in your file. As Daz requests, I really need a save with certain promotion/relegation even if it has to be fantasy, eg automatic relegation from/promotion to the Highland League.


Don't worry guys, there will be a fantasy version alongside the IRL one! Probably going to follow the most likely integration, merging the East Juniors with EoS and the West Juniors with the SoS.

There are currently talks ongoing to have a full pyramid in place for 2019/20, so if anything comes out about these I'll follow their plan too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/10/2018 at 15:33, Morrissey said:

Don't worry guys, there will be a fantasy version alongside the IRL one! Probably going to follow the most likely integration, merging the East Juniors with EoS and the West Juniors with the SoS.

There are currently talks ongoing to have a full pyramid in place for 2019/20, so if anything comes out about these I'll follow their plan too.

Excellent news.  :thup:

I tried your database for the first time last season and I had loads of fun, so looking forward to this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Wavelberry I will indeed! The crafty so-and-sos appear to have changed the small icon size, so they'll need changed (all 220 odd!)

So...who fancies a test file?

(REMOVED - see below!)

This one has the structure totally in place, after I sorted some gremlins out. Hopefully it works...mainly simple changes after this, and then the altogether more complex issue of league reconstruction!

NOTE - Selkirk and a couple of other sides find themselves in some sort of EoS purgatory. Don't worry, I needed two sides in each of the two - they become 12 team leagues in 2019/20.

Edited by Morrissey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do the cups work in the South of Scotland league? They are played bi annually now.

Also, with clubs being licensed, do the correct clubs gain entry to the Scottish Cup?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hoss_1873_Rfc said:

How do the cups work in the South of Scotland league? They are played bi annually now.

Also, with clubs being licensed, do the correct clubs gain entry to the Scottish Cup?

I’ve kept the SoS cups to one a year. FM wouldn’t cope with bi-annual and any squad would be decimated by injuries having so many games.

Licencing is a tough one. Given that all the EoS and SoS clubs have it re-opened, I think I’ll leave it as the “best” sides qualifying regardless. Junior champs and Amateur champs will continue to qualify.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just giving this a test whirl now as St Andrews United, whom I saw play once in about 2013 when I was a Masters student there. Their goalkeeper at the time was shorter and shitter than me!

One tiny little bit of feedback already... Should it not be St Andrews (no dot) as opposed to St. Andrews? I seem to remember that the locals and the uni were very pedantic about the lack of the dot, as apparently the name of the city predates the use of punctuation for abbreviation and possessives (hence not being Andrew's, either).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Morrissey said:

I’ve kept the SoS cups to one a year. FM wouldn’t cope with bi-annual and any squad would be decimated by injuries having so many games.

Licencing is a tough one. Given that all the EoS and SoS clubs have it re-opened, I think I’ll leave it as the “best” sides qualifying regardless. Junior champs and Amateur champs will continue to qualify.

I'm going to take Newton Stewart all the way!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does the promotion from the 3 EOS leagues work and the relegation from the Lowland? 4 way play-off with winners of EOS and SOS play for the one spot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, neekiess said:

How does the promotion from the 3 EOS leagues work and the relegation from the Lowland? 4 way play-off with winners of EOS and SOS play for the one spot?

IRL, the three EoS conference winners are set to play off against each other to become EoS champ, then face the SoS winner in a promotion playoff. However, Selkirk going bust has given us an issue, as now 2 teams will be promoted - no confirmation of how it'll work as yet, I'm going to throw all 4 into playoffs with 2 emerging as winners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right folks - here is the first proper DB file for testing. I've removed the other one as it didn't work properly.

Save this (My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2019 > editor data) and it'll be ready to go.

IMPORTANT - new games will be slow to load up. Don't worry, this is normal from the point you click "New Career" and the game will be as quick as normal once loaded up.

 

All I need to do now is add detail (awards, real managers, update squads) and get the graphics done. Let me know if you find any issues :)

Scotland - The Full Pyramid (v1).xml

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Right folks - here is the first proper DB file for testing. I've removed the other one as it didn't work properly.

Save this (My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2019 > editor data) and it'll be ready to go.

IMPORTANT - new games will be slow to load up. Don't worry, this is normal from the point you click "New Career" and the game will be as quick as normal once loaded up.

 

All I need to do now is add detail (awards, real managers, update squads) and get the graphics done. Let me know if you find any issues :)

Scotland - The Full Pyramid (v1).xml

In what way will the first db file not work? I have started a career game on it and am happy to keep playing as long as it won't crash, haven't finished the first season yet so am I to expect it to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, lewis1792 said:

In what way will the first db file not work? I have started a career game on it and am happy to keep playing as long as it won't crash, haven't finished the first season yet so am I to expect it to?

DM's you back mate. It'll work, just not as things do IRL :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seemed a bit too easy to bring in good players (who had interest from 2 levels above) in my quick play as St Andrews. Not only were they willing to join me ahead of teams from further up the pyramid, they were willing to relocate to Fife from all corners of Scotland.

I can accept that for non-contract football at that level, you'll go where the better deal is regardless of standard, but the willingness to move geographically didn't seem right to me. Does the game just treat Scotland as too geographically small to worry too much about players moving between distant local regions?

Edited by Robot (SMFC)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Robot (SMFC) said:

It seemed a bit too easy to bring in good players (who had interest from 2 levels above) in my quick play as St Andrews. Not only were they willing to join me ahead of teams from further up the pyramid, they were willing to relocate to Fife from all corners of Scotland.

I can accept that for non-contract football at that level, you'll go where the better deal is regardless of standard, but the willingness to move geographically didn't seem right to me. Does the game just treat Scotland as too geographically small to worry too much about players moving between distant local regions?

It does, yeah. I'm currently experimenting to see if I can "break up" the regions.

The other thing that'll have an impact is club reputations, which are wildly wrong (most Juniors etc are rated just below SPFL level, with exactly the same rep). They'll be updated along with other details etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great work on the database so far. Looking forward to see how far I can take Montrose Roselea.

Happy to help making kits if anyone can send me the pictures. Roselea ones are already done of course! :D

 

Montrose-Roselea-Home-18-19.png

Montrose-Roselea-Away-18-19.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Morrissey said:

It does, yeah. I'm currently experimenting to see if I can "break up" the regions.

The other thing that'll have an impact is club reputations, which are wildly wrong (most Juniors etc are rated just below SPFL level, with exactly the same rep). They'll be updated along with other details etc.

Yeah, we've complained before that the Scottish head of research is a bit lazy with attention to the lower league clubs. You have to go through and sort out all their reputations :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Yeah, we've complained before that the Scottish head of research is a bit lazy with attention to the lower league clubs. You have to go through and sort out all their reputations :(

In his defence, FM is generally only concerned with ‘active’ clubs - that’s where I come in! 

The to-do list is:

Club Reputations

Update Squads

Add Managers

Add Media Sources

Adjust Scottish Cup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks partly to your sterling media efforts and the excellent Lowland Football League website along with lively blogs, I'm already managing Edinburgh University. I wish I could find out what degrees the players are studying to add to the verisimilitude!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent work as always Morrissey but one significant issue I have found so far.

The EoS North/South divisions have a fixtures issue. At the end of the 2018/19 season the teams are assigned correctly and fixtures are generated but for the 2020/21 season, not the 2019/20 season. Therefore the teams in the EoS North/South sit idle in the league for a season. All the other divisions have fixtures and the cups play as normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've already started as EduSport in Lowland League. Should I wait and download your updated db and re-start my save? Or will there be no difference.

Great job btw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

My game can only load up fmf files and doesn't see this xml. Is there something I should be doing?

maybe try import to the editor and save as .fmf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bigpole said:

maybe try import to the editor and save as .fmf

Sorry, I figured it out. It's incompatible with my edited file. Loads up with lower league Welsh file. I'm putting it through its paces as I await a lower league English file and a Norn Irish one if it's soon. :thup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, markypark14 said:

Excellent work as always Morrissey but one significant issue I have found so far.

The EoS North/South divisions have a fixtures issue. At the end of the 2018/19 season the teams are assigned correctly and fixtures are generated but for the 2020/21 season, not the 2019/20 season. Therefore the teams in the EoS North/South sit idle in the league for a season. All the other divisions have fixtures and the cups play as normal.

In mine EoS South has 2 teams inc Selkirk and I can't open up North at all.

So about that xml file - it doesn't show up in the editor when I try to see what's going on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

In mine EoS South has 2 teams inc Selkirk and I can't open up North at all.

So about that xml file - it doesn't show up in the editor when I try to see what's going on!

Yeah Selkirk and Syngenta are in the South division, although not sure why. 39 teams in the conferences, 16 of which make up the new Premier Division leaving 23 to make up the North and South divisions. But perhaps it something to do with how the game handles the promotion/relegation.

The xml file shows in the editor for me if you go to File ---> Import

 

@Morrissey one other thing regarding the North/South divisions. In the rules they only play each other once - shouldn't it be twice? (Apologies if you've already fixed this!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, markypark14 said:

Yeah Selkirk and Syngenta are in the South division, although not sure why. 39 teams in the conferences, 16 of which make up the new Premier Division leaving 23 to make up the North and South divisions. But perhaps it something to do with how the game handles the promotion/relegation.

The xml file shows in the editor for me if you go to File ---> Import

 

@Morrissey one other thing regarding the North/South divisions. In the rules they only play each other once - shouldn't it be twice? (Apologies if you've already fixed this!)

They're there because the two will join the EoS next season, all being well. One extra team is promoted to make 16 in the Lowland after Selkirk's withdrawal this season.

I'll double check it, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sooooo salivating at the chance to go back to Harmsworth...

Am also gonna head up there IRL soon to get the best picture ever...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Steam link added to post 2 - it's alive! Only the 2,500 changes this year...:onmehead:

Thanks mate, looking forward to this.

When I choose the league in game setup, it won't allow any leagues to be chosen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Daz says above, the Steam file doesn't allow us to select what divisions are playable, You can still start the game but it only loads down to the Highland/Lowland leagues as playable.

Nzk7hrg.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers guys - will try and sort this tonight. No idea why it’s happening, was fine on my end!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same issue with me, Morrisey. When I load the DB it only allows me to select teams from Highland and Lowland. Leagues below Lowland don't show (assuming there is an issues under the hood in this area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MT1711 said:

Same issue with me, Morrisey. When I load the DB it only allows me to select teams from Highland and Lowland. Leagues below Lowland don't show (assuming there is an issues under the hood in this area.

Noticed if you load the database, you are able to load in the other leagues from the end of the 2019 season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great work! I'd like to start a save with Brora Rangers, but they don't have a U19 team. Same as a lot of other teams in that division. Any idea why? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right folks - temp fix is now in place. Manual verification no longer works in Editor hence the original issues!

While the "league selection" box will remain blank, all will load for season 1. You can change the number running from season 2 onwards in settings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...