Sports Interactive Community
rlipscombe

FM19 All_European (Less England) Challenge

Political Map of Europe

FM19 All-European (Less England) Small Club to Big Club Challenge

Introduction

Welcome to a new season of the ‘Euro Nation’ Challenge, born out of the recent history of the highly successful Gundo’s Challenge and the Big Euro Nation Challenge that spawned out of it.  After a steady start on FM18 hopefully with FM19 we will see a continuation of it's steady start and have another strong season.  

The premise of the challenge is simple, to start with a previously unplayable club and taking them all the way to a National Title and then on to winning the European Champions League. With a variety of leagues, styles of play, different rules, and many different locations for your clubs there can be a lot of variety throughout the thread, providing a great atmosphere and stories for our users to become immersed in. 

General Challenge Info

Possible Countries

·         Austria

·         Belarus

·         Belgium

·         Bulgaria

·         Croatia

·         Czech Republic

·         Denmark

·         Finland

·         France  

·         Germany

·         Greece

·         Holland  *

·         Hungary

·         Iceland

·         Ireland  *

·         Israel

·         Italy  

·         N. Ireland  

·         Norway  

·         Poland

·         Portugal

·         Romania

·         Russia

·         Scotland

·         Serbia

·         Slovakia

·         Slovenia

·         Spain  

·         Sweden  

·         Switzerland

·         Turkey

·         Ukraine

·         Wales

*  Holiday for two seasons not one.

The Rules

A) Game Set-up

1) Load One Nation Only (All Available Divisions within your nation)

2) Your choice of Database Size (Large Recommended)

3) NO Edited Databases of any kind

4) Customising Database 

You can add players to the database up to a limit of 100,000 in total in order to add more depth to your save and also add more difficulty down the line.

Suggested Adds

Players from Top Clubs/Top Divisions (Europe or All Continents) - This increases the challenge at Continental Level

Players Based in your Nation - This can add up to 50% more players to your game

Players Based in your Region (Central Europe/East Europe/UK & Ireland) - This can add extra players likely to join your club

There will be a file correcting the club/competition names, I will advise use of this.

NO other additional customising is allowed.

5) Attribute Masking should be Enabled

6) Disable Ingame Editor (Please do this)

7) Optional Ticks

Add Key Staff (This will give you a Scout, Physio & Ass Man by generating them if your club is without)

Add Players in Playable Nations (This will ensure all clubs have a minimum number of players, generating them if needed)

The extra levels of detail that you can change while in the game are up to you, as they shouldn't make a difference.

B) Steps in the Game

1) Add an unemployed manager; you will not use this man to manage your club. I like "Unemployed Man or Holiday Man"

2) Go on holiday until the reset date of your chosen nation (Should take about an hour)

TIP -

Changing

Detail Level to None

will make it go faster. (Remember to change it back afterwards)

TIP - Saving on the day before this date may give you a better choice of teams by reloading the game then going on holiday for one day, I would strongly recommend trying this.

3) Add a new manager - Use yourself, or a created character to help build a story line

a) Personal Details

- Your Choice

b) Tracksuit vs. Trainer

- Your Choice

c) Past Experience lowest Possible (Generally Sunday League)

d) Coaching Licenses lowest Possible (None)

e) Other options are up to you

TIP - If you add the language of your country of choice it will make it easier at the beginning

TIP - Training now includes you at some level depending on your abilities.

4) Choose to take over any club which has been promoted to the bottom playable league of your nation.

TIP - Easiest way in FM17 to see this is on the "Season Review" screen, showing the "Promoted Clubs"

TIP - You can confirm your club by checking the Domestic History's page for not being at this level since start of game

5) Retire your unemployed manager.

6) Manage your club to National Title & European Champions League Victory

7) Completing the Challenge.

C) Signing of Players

1) You must be able to scout them

TIP - You don't actually have to scout them, just be able to

TIP - You can check your scouting range on the Scouting page

2) Alternatively (If you can't scout them), you must bring them on a trial first

3) You are able to sign anyone sent to you via Agent Offer

TIP - Make sure you screenshot the Agent offer

4) In later versions you can get your DoF to find players, he will bring in players not in Scouting Range, these are also allowed.

TIP - Grab a screenshot of your DoF signing them

D) Posting

1) Player naming is allowed. (This is a warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

2) Discussion of tactics is allowed. (This is another warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Expected Updates

We have minimum expectations when it comes to a first up post and also in the end of season updates. The Bold pages are necessary for everyone; the others are some suggestions that will get others interested in your posts and following your club. All other screenshots are welcome and encouraged, but we please ask that the majority are posted as links, because lots of pictures can make the page very slow to load.

First Post:

Domestic Leagues History (Club)

Profile (Manager)

Overview (Club)

Squad (Club)

End of Season Updates:

Transfers (Club) - This is so we can see the ins & outs

League Table (Competition)

Squad (Club)

Information (Manager)

Profile (Manager)

Information (Club)

Profile (Players)

Progress of your club should be documented using this thread; we want to hear the story of your club all the way through. Please keep us updated, even if you are doing badly. If you title your end of season report in bold this makes it easier to identify. Everyone will be supportive, and really get into your game if you give more detail.

E) Other

1.        If you are Sacked

1.       You can Restart from the beginning or;

2.       Continue your game and pick a new club (Under Same Rules) at the end of the next season or;

3.       Add another Euro League/Remove Current League, holiday a whole season and continue

1.       You can still only have one nation running at a time

2.       Once the league becomes active you MUST holiday a full season

3.       The club must be one of those unplayable from the beginning

2.       No Restrictions on Parent or Feeder Clubs

3.        International Management allowed from FM14 forwards (But you cannot start as an International Manager)

The use of any external utilities and editors (Such as Genie Scout or FMM) are prohibited. As of FM14 there are also unlockables, these are also prohibited, please don't use them. It would be appreciated if you also ticked the box at the start which prevents the use of the ingame editor.

How to Post a Screenshot

1) While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).

2) Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image

3) Save the file as a JPEG or PNG

4) Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket or Imageshack

5) Post the direct URL to the image here.

Alternatively using ALT + F9 in game saves a screenshot to your user data folder. (You can also edit this in the shortcuts options)

The Euro Nation Motivational

I would like to thank all of you who choose to participate in this thread this year, and to wish everyone taking on this challenge the best of luck on a long and hard journey to managerial success!  I have personally had a number of hugely enjoyable saves over the years, first in Gundos challenge and then latterly in the Big Euro Nation Challenge.  The atmosphere and support these threads have historically offered is key in making the thread, and your saves more enjoyable as I can testify to.  I and some of the other regulars of these threads are here to help for the new challengers and hope everybody that participates contributes considerably to the thread. There is nothing better than getting immersed not only in your own game but providing the encouragement to other people's attempts too. Remember we are all fighting the same battle - to defeat the AI (and uncover fabulous newgens!) - Therefore it goes without saying that any form of cheating will be severely chastised. Don't do it! I know that it is painful to lose a European Final or to lose the title on the final day (I have been there myself on more than one occasion) but eventual success down the line is all the sweeter for those defeats.

Good luck to all the participants – Here’s to a successful (and enjoyable) version!!

Great stuff!

Not sure if I will be doing this challenge yet (and definitely not before the full release) however it looks like the 4th tier in Norway is now "active" in the same way the 4th tier in France is active (i.e you can only manage there if relegated).  So probably best to not load that for this challenge if you want a bit more of a choice in teams.  Perhaps activate it the season after a bit of variety?

I was going to go with Germany but not now the 3rd Liga is not available :mad: - maybe Portugal or the Czech Republic (which had such fantastic regens in FM18 I would hope for the same this time around)

4 hours ago, Crispypaul said:

Great stuff!

Not sure if I will be doing this challenge yet (and definitely not before the full release) however it looks like the 4th tier in Norway is now "active" in the same way the 4th tier in France is active (i.e you can only manage there if relegated).  So probably best to not load that for this challenge if you want a bit more of a choice in teams.  Perhaps activate it the season after a bit of variety?

I was going to go with Germany but not now the 3rd Liga is not available :mad: - maybe Portugal or the Czech Republic (which had such fantastic regens in FM18 I would hope for the same this time around)

Shame the 3rd Liga in Germany is not an option this year - no SV Waldorf Mannheim this time then!

I also intend to be on this at full launch. Slightly larger nation than NIreland this time. Already did a test run, and the team I want  came up first time :thup:

Actually Italy looks quite interesting.  Mainly as a bunch of clubs (Bari, Modena, Cesena) previously playing much higher up the pyramid are all now available for the challenge.

7 hours ago, Crispypaul said:

Actually Italy looks quite interesting.  Mainly as a bunch of clubs (Bari, Modena, Cesena) previously playing much higher up the pyramid are all now available for the challenge.

these sorts of clubs are historically clubs i like to manage - getting clubs back to the top again...

On 25/10/2018 at 10:35, Bristol CityFC1981 said:

What date is the Wales reset date?

to be honest i don't know.  not had a look at reset dates as yet.  If anyone knows let us know.

As for me, i think i will be heading to Germany for my first effort in this years' addition and to Bundesliga 2 (as there is no 3. Bundesliga in the game this year...)

Hi, don't you want to change the " Load One Nation Only " rule? It keeps me from participating and f. e. Dafuge's challenge allows loading any number of leagues.

14 hours ago, yezzko said:

Hi, don't you want to change the " Load One Nation Only " rule? It keeps me from participating and f. e. Dafuge's challenge allows loading any number of leagues.

I don't think we need to particularly.  I don't, personally, see what difference allowing more than one nation would make?  Maybe if i understand this we could consider it...

Makes the game world a little more dynamic. I like seeing teams more populated outside of the nation I'm managing in. It also helps with difficulty of European games when you play against non-grey players.  

There's a chance I could be heading into this challenge this year. Red Dead is keeping me occupied at the moment but I'm tempted to come back to my favourite forum. Nice to see you keeping it alive @rlipscombe. Hope you're well!

I want the gameworld to be as realistic and lively as possible and therefore run many leagues and major ones on full detail. Balahara makes also good point about playing against grey players in european matches, that breaks immersion for me.

17 hours ago, rlipscombe said:

I don't think we need to particularly.  I don't, personally, see what difference allowing more than one nation would make?  Maybe if i understand this we could consider it...

Later on it provides a bit more competition in Europe, as well as a more active transfer market. 

13 minutes ago, yezzko said:

I want the gameworld to be as realistic and lively as possible and therefore run many leagues and major ones on full detail. Balahara makes also good point about playing against grey players in european matches, that breaks immersion for me.

That fear never comes to fruition in reality. The top teams are always covered. I'd just follow the instructions above for customising your database to be 100% certain but you'll be fine. 

I know how to customize the db, but that wont change the gameworld in regards to stats, transfers, newgen generation etc. which depends on active leagues.

Quick question on France - which I am also considering - I assume considering the 4th tier isn't a playable league that I should just load the top 3 and holiday from there?

And its ok to activate it the following season so the full setup is available?

22 minutes ago, yezzko said:

I know how to customize the db, but that wont change the gameworld in regards to stats, transfers, newgen generation etc. which depends on active leagues.

Fair. You mean having active transfers, competitions, etc. It's down to @rlipscombe I guess. I personally don't think it's a problem

7 minutes ago, iacovone said:

Fair. You mean having active transfers, competitions, etc. It's down to @rlipscombe I guess. I personally don't think it's a problem

:brock:

For me it's all about immersion, realistic gameworld and my obsession with statistics. I spend a lot of time looking at other leagues, how teams farred, who was top scorer, most expensive transfer etc.

Edited by yezzko
nvm

Yeah I understand that. That's the same for me as well which is probably why I'm not averse to having other leagues on unplayable only. We'll see. I'm thinking of going to Portugal this time around anyway - one of my favourite leagues but not one I've tried a challenge like this on before.

having listened to the reasoned arguments i don't see it being a problem.  I'm all for listening to other opinions and making the challenge appeal to as many people as possible.  I don't pretend to know the intricacies of adding extra nations etc so open to opinion and advice

9 hours ago, iacovone said:

There's a chance I could be heading into this challenge this year. Red Dead is keeping me occupied at the moment but I'm tempted to come back to my favourite forum. Nice to see you keeping it alive @rlipscombe. Hope you're well!

Be good to see you pop in and give it a go.  Always nice to see familiar players, especially ones who add to a thread.  As for me, i'm ok thanks.  My scans show no change so looking forward not back!  easier said than done sometimes but all i can do.

9 hours ago, rlipscombe said:

having listened to the reasoned arguments i don't see it being a problem.  I'm all for listening to other opinions and making the challenge appeal to as many people as possible.  I don't pretend to know the intricacies of adding extra nations etc so open to opinion and advice

Totally fine. I've fired up a file in Portugal but didn't add any other leagues as I wasn't sure of the parameters in here. Given what you've said I'm going to add the top division of England, France, Germany, Holland, Italy and Spain to my game but obviously make them unplayable. As far as I know it just means those leagues are active and will have more depth to them. As far as the challenge goes it means they should have more competitive sides in Europe and bigger player bases (I think). I don't foresee this being a problem - should make the challenge harder if anything.

9 hours ago, rlipscombe said:

Be good to see you pop in and give it a go.  Always nice to see familiar players, especially ones who add to a thread.  As for me, i'm ok thanks.  My scans show no change so looking forward not back!  easier said than done sometimes but all i can do.

And this is excellent news. Very pleased to hear it. 

Alta De Lisboa - Portuguese National Championship, Division 4 - 2019-20

Technically it's União Desportiva Alta de Lisboa but we won't get too particular. U.D.A.L. will work but either way I'm delighted to introduce you to my side for FM19. I've got no idea how we're going to play and I've never managed in the lower reaches of Portugal before. It'll hopefully be a fun and challenging file. I've had one Porto file in Portugal on FM15 I think - that was a lot of fun and I particularly enjoyed the quality of newgens that came through. Portugal is a bit of a hotbed so I'm hoping to reap the rewards of that later down the line - especially as we're a club based on the outskirts of Lisbon. Here's the first post screenshots:

League History

Manager Profile

Club Overview

Squad

Still very much settling in at my new office but I found this info about the area quite interesting (must be getting old!):

'The community is the result of one of the largest urban renewal projects in Europe [1] [2], encompassing an area of 300 hectares and with an original target population of close to 60,000 inhabitants.[3] It is being developed by an international consortium known as Sociedade Gestora da Alta de Lisboa, or SGAL, in accordance to a public-private partnership agreement with the Municipality of Lisbon.[4] The project, which involves an investment of approximately 200 million euros each year[citation needed], was set for completion in 2015, but development has been hindered by periods of economic recession.[5] Despite this, most of the street network is in place, as are a number of social facilities,[6] and the promoter is expecting faster development in the coming years.[7]'

------

The Tl;dr is: hundreds of millions has been invested in rejuvenating this area and although it came to a halt a few years ago we've basically got an area of huge development at the northern edge of Lisbon. You might say it's absolutely PRIME for the emergence of a new football club heavyweight...

Wish my luck :)

My Loaded Details....

Active Leagues - Spain (All Leagues)

View Only - Top Levels: England, France, Germany, Italy & Portugal

Europe - Players from Top Divisions

Players based in Nations - Spain, portugal, France, Andora, Morocco, Gibraltar, Basque, Algeria, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Colombia, Ecuador, Venezuela, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia, Mexico

Basically loaded the big nation leagues as playable, added players from the top divisions of Europe, and then countries around Spain, and those who speak Spanish.

Will be looking for Lealtad to come up as soon as I get to the spanish reset date of 10/07/2019

escudo-home.png

Spanish Second Divsion B1 2019/20

The Beginning

Here we are as I take over CD Lealtad Villaviciosa in Spain, the club is based in Villaviciosa, a city in the North of Spain, The club is nicknamed "The Leales" (Loyals), before 2014 they had been a regional only club, but since then they have spent 4/5 seasons in the 2nd Division B, I will be aiming to get them higher and hopefully succeed to become the first club from Asturias to ever win the Spanish League Title. The two highest ranked clubs in Asturias are Real Oviedo (Just promoted to La Liga in 2018/19) & Real Sporting de Gijón who are currently in the Segunda Division. Both of these teams have their B Team in our division.

League History

Manager Profile

Club Overview

Squad 1 - Squad 2

As mentioned in the FM18 thread, the first season in Spain will be tough as all the players have been signed for the 2019/20 season already, I have a wage budget of €88,035 per week, of which €79,926 is already being spent, so loans will make up a large part of my first season squad, as I am not sure most of the starters we have are good enough to run in the roles they currently have.

12 hours ago, iacovone said:

And this is excellent news. Very pleased to hear it. 

Thanks - it is!  Will still be monitored for now but positive news... :thup:

1. FC Kaiserslautern Logo Vector

1. FC Kaiserslautern

German 2nd Division  -  Season 2019-20

Sheffield Wednesday vs Kaiserslautern 1992/93

So i am heading to Germany for my first attempt at the challenge for this year, and to the 'fallen giant' that is Kaiserslautern.  I have gone for Kaiserslautern partly becasue they fill my 'brief' of taking a fallen giant back to the top, and also because they were the last (i think) club that Sheffield Wednesday played in European Football back in 1992/93 season (see highlights on the Youtube link above!!).

Club Overview

Club History

Manager Profile           Managerial Appointment

Squad 1

Squad 2

Fritz-Walter-Stadion

Still very much finding my feet in the game, and in Germany again.  Learning about the squad, and just starting some friendlies.  I realise that i have given myself a bit of a boost by going for Kaiserslautern over a smaller team, but ultimately overtaking Bayern is going to be a HUGE challenge so it might not be as easy as it may appear...

(I will add the screenshots once i have found a photo upload site seeing as Photobucket appears to be charging now...

Edited by rlipscombe
inserted pictures

Good Luck rlipscombe, looks like you have found yourself a great spot in Germany to start out

Good Luck Iacovone, looking forward to following your adventures in Portugal

30 minutes ago, rlipscombe said:

1. FC Kaiserslautern Logo Vector

1. FC Kaiserslautern

German 2nd Division  -  Season 2019-20

Sheffield Wednesday vs Kaiserslautern 1992/93

So i am heading to Germany for my first attempt at the challenge for this year, and to the 'fallen giant' that is Kaiserslautern.  I have gone for Kaiserslautern partly becasue they fill my 'brief' of taking a fallen giant back to the top, and also because they were the last (i think) club that Sheffield Wednesday played in European Football back in 1992/93 season (see highlights on the Youtube link above!!).

Club Overview

Club History

Manager Profile           Managerial Appointment

Squad 1

Squad 2

Finances

Fritz-Walter-Stadion

Still very much finding my feet in the game, and in Germany again.  Learning about the squad, and just starting some friendlies.  I realise that i have given myself a bit of a boost by going for Kaiserslautern over a smaller team, but ultimately overtaking Bayern is going to be a HUGE challenge so it might not be as easy as it may appear...

(I will add the screenshots once i have found a photo upload site seeing as Photobucket appears to be charging now...

It seems that 3. Bundesliga has been added to the final release, if you want to go one lower

6 minutes ago, Mr_Demus said:

It seems that 3. Bundesliga has been added to the final release, if you want to go one lower

has it?  ok.  might have to re-evaluate  then (which is handy as my save appears to have disappeared from my computer right now,..... 

Well I just annoyed my players...this could go badly...

We had two DRs & two AMRs signed to $6k/wk deals, either could start, so I decided to try and sell the older ones...they got pissy and now the whole team is angry... But have $24k of my $88k wage budget on 2/11 positions seemed an overpay...

Dammit, want the new game but want to keep my Civil Service Strollers moving up in Scotland.

8 hours ago, rlipscombe said:

has it?  ok.  might have to re-evaluate  then (which is handy as my save appears to have disappeared from my computer right now,..... 

I haven't checked it myself, but that seems to be the talk of the town over in GD

1 hour ago, Mr_Demus said:

I haven't checked it myself, but that seems to be the talk of the town over in GD

i looked last night and it has...  oh well back to the drawing board

1 minute ago, rlipscombe said:

i looked last night and it has...  oh well back to the drawing board

Typical!

13 hours ago, Lower Leagues Rule said:

Well I just annoyed my players...this could go badly...

We had two DRs & two AMRs signed to $6k/wk deals, either could start, so I decided to try and sell the older ones...they got pissy and now the whole team is angry... But have $24k of my $88k wage budget on 2/11 positions seemed an overpay...

Who are you managing mate?

EDIT: Ignore this. Just seen it above. Good luck!

Edited by iacovone

Just a quick update to show you a couple of players I've managed to pick up frees or for a few £k from divisional rivals. Actually think I've put together a strong side for this level. Shouldn't trouble the relegation places and with a bit of luck we'll hover around the playoffs.

Pedro Ganchas (CB) - signed on a free transfer. Formerly of Benfica.

Andrey Yago (LB) - erm so he's far too good for this level and I'm still not sure how we got him for £1.5k off Fatima. Great deal, great player. 

Henrique Leca (CM) - really athletic for this level, exactly what I wanted in the BBM role in our 4-1-2-3 formation

Patrick Igwe (AMR) - rapid and an unpredictable dribbler makes this young Nigerian an absolute handful at this level. Should tear left-backs to shreds down his flank. 

I have signed about 20 players this summer so it's a huge overhaul and it might take some time for them to gel but with the four above, a good goalkeeper and a promising striker, I feel like we're well set for the season ahead. 

escudo-home.png

Preseason Signings

Transfers In
Date Player Pos From Fee
11.07.2019 Sabahudin Alomerovic DL Free €0
19.07.2019 Jordan Gaspar ST Free €0
22.07.2019 Marc Rebés DM FC Santa Coloma €0
23.07.2019 Levan Makharadze DC Free €0
23.07.2019 Jorge DC Free €0
26.07.2019 Sergio GK Cultural Areas €0
15.08.2019 Dani Barbero GK Sanluqueño €5,000

Loans In
Date Player Pos From Wages
14.07.2019 Lin Liangming AML Real Madrid 0%
17.07.2019 Rodrigo Cuenca AML Tarragona 100%
01.08.2019 Pierre Cornud DL Mallorca 50%
07.08.2019 Miguel Dias DC Lugo 0%
07.08.2019 Sekou Gassama ST Almeria 100%
12.08.2019 Youssouf Yalike DM Levante 0%

Paid Transfers Out
Date Player Pos To Fee
29.07.2019 Manuel Medori AMC E.Mérida €26,000

First note of Medori out, while he is good for this level, he could play striker, but as an attacking midfielder he wasn't needed for us right now, I got what I could and sent him off.

Jorge (DC) was one of my better signings, he comes in as a former La Liga player, he was born in nearby Gijon and looks very good even at his age.

Jordan Gaspar (ST) he will battle with Gassama for the starting role, but really hoping Gaspar wins out in this one. 

Lin Liangming (AML) will be a future star with some team, he will hopefully provide a great burst on the left wing for us.

Important Preseason Matches

Lealtad 2:3 Sevilla

Robert (23), Rodri (45+1)

This match was a good one for us, we led twice during the match vs a La Liga team, getting extremely close, but not able to hold on.

Tactic & Lineup

image.thumb.png.dcbc36c2e3f92fa902742af1c30f86c3.png

7 minutes ago, iacovone said:

Lin Liangming looks amazing LLR! Get him firing and you'll have a fine season I reckon. 

Yeah should be awesome. Loving Yago, should be a good attacking wing back. 

Liangming will miss games for Internationals (1 already), is only a Sub for China. 

Unlike Hao Runze (DC) who is a starter (China) & Marc Rebes (DM) who starts for Andorra (Both these guys are bench players for me)

escudo-home.png

Quarter Season Update: November 1st 2019

Fixtures

Date Opposition H/A Result Goalscorers Att.
01.09.2019 Extremadura H 1-0 OG (9) 575
08.09.2019 Ferrol H 2-2 Rodri (20,87) 584
15.09.2019 Ponferrada A 1-2 Gaspar (45+2) 2799
22.09.2019 Langreo H 1-0 Robert (10) 671
25.09.2019 Pontevedra A 0-0   3290
29.09.2019 S. Gijon B H 1-2 Gassama (80) 752
06.10.2019 Unionistas A 1-1 Gassama (20) 238
13.10.2019 Salamanca H 2-2 Gassama (2), OG (30) 564
20.10.2019 Mérida A 1-0 Makharadze (88) 3587
27.10.2019 R. Oviedo B H 2-0 Gaspar (pen 89), Amandi (90+2) 560

We've actually done better than I expected, I was hoping to get above relegation and stay there, but with 4 wins, 5 clean sheets and 4 draws through 10 games we are actually competing for the playoff spots. The last two games both had late goals for us to get the wins, but that is just making sure we get the job done.

Players

Surprisingly the stars of the season so far have all been players that were on the squad before I took over.

Edu Paya (DR) - Edu has been great getting up and down the field this season, he has a couple of assists, but his defence has kept us in it, the only player with an average rating above 7

Robert (AMR) - The right winger has provided 3 goals to his team mates, and is always around the attacks as we go forwards.

Rodri (MC) - Rodri is a player that I really like, he doesn't look to have the skills needed to get the job done, but his effort is amazing, and he even scored a brace in the second game of our season.

The League

image.thumb.png.a648bd9ef0f0c251c87ec7e0734cafa0.png

I am delighted to be in 5th at this stage of the season, are a lot of teams in the area, but we are now 7pts above the relegation spots, and safety is more important to me than a promotion.

Edit: - Poland reset date is June 20th

Image result for widzew lodz badge

Adam Hanley | RTS Widzew Łódź (History ) |  Poland | Opening Post (2019)

I really enjoy linguistics. Both the correct pronunciation and the origins of words and phrases fascinate me. I'm a native English speaker who doesn't really speak any other languages, but I do try my best to pronounce non-English words as correctly as possible. Polish has always been one that I struggle with, so I figured what better way to try and improve than to surround myself with Polish names.

Picking a team to use was actually quite easy. I work in the shipping department for a small electronics manufacturer and we ship all over the world, so I instantly decided I wanted to play this season somewhere that I regularly ship parts to, My first thought was the village of Kwidzyn, but as far as I could find they don't have a football team in a position to use for this challenge. As second choice, Łódź actually turned out to be a more interesting option to me, anyway - 3rd largest city in Poland and yet no top-flight teams.

My persona for this adventure will be the first Dollingstown Legend - Adam Hanley.

Widzew were once one of the biggest teams in Poland. Champions League Semi-Finalist in 1983, and back-to-back Polish titles in both 81/82 and 96/97, but after the 98/99 season where they were Ekstraklasa runner-up they've not had much success at all - finally ending in a bankruptcy in 2015 and demotion to the bottom of the pyramid. They maintain a fierce rivalry with local side ŁKS Łódź, who are also in the Polish first division, and a historic rivalry with Legia Warsawa who are currently in the Ekstraklasa. I join the club with a little over 16,000 season ticket holders and an 18,000 capacity all-seater stadium. This is a far cry from tiny little Dollingstown.

I set my game up on Thursday evening at full launch and I'm only just now done with my initial familiarisation with the club/players. Time to finally advance the game past June 20th! 

Edited by Biscotti